Added image submission guidelines, friends/enemies proposal

shatterstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By shatterstar  Moderator

Ok I added "PLEASE only submit ACTUAL comic covers when doing submissions for new comic issues. NO PREVIEW IMAGES. If you can't find an image online, scan it yourself. If you can't find the image or don't have a scanner, don't submit it.

When adding images for characters, teams, creators, etc. please check the galleries for the image you're going to upload to make sure it is not already in the gallery. Please don't submit full cover scans for anything other than the actual issue. Either crop the image to focus on the character, team, etc or find another image. If a character has multiple galleries with specific categories or themes, please upload your image in the appropriate gallery. For example, submit pictures of zombie Spider-Man in the zombie Spider-Man gallery, not the regular Spider-Man gallery."

The first paragraph I got from G-Man's post and the second I wrote. Is everyone ok with this or should it be edited in anyway? Anything I'm leaving out?

Also I wanted to add a note about when editing friends/enemies on character and team pages- the text you submit will be on both character's pages, so make sure what your write pertains to both characters and their relationship. Otherwise it makes no sense for instance on Superman's enemies page http://www.comicvine.com/superman/1807/enemies/ to read "The Man of Steel is DC Comics flagship character along with Batman. By day, reporter Clark Kent works at the Daily Planet. As Superman, the last son of Krypton is nearly unstoppable." a dozen times for different characters.

Anyone have a problem with that either?

Pania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Pania

Yeah, I came across that in a number of Marvel entries, where someone has cut and pasted a descrition of the character, like Banshee, into descriptions of his enemies, like Mondo, Count Nefaria Ani-men, etc.

Red L.A.M.P.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Red L.A.M.P.

Pania says:

"Yeah, I came across that in a number of Marvel entries, where someone has cut and pasted a descrition of the character, like Banshee, into descriptions of his enemies, like Mondo, Count Nefaria Ani-men, etc. "

Actually, if you add a character to an Enemy/Friend/Team page the default bio for the character automatically populates so that way we at least have something written if the user decides not to properly fill out the character-2-character bio.

Pania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Pania

Ah, I see. Well, then I submitted my edits last night. :) Thanks.