About Powers.

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By fesak  Moderator

OK, some genius has added every existing power to Living Tribunal. http://www.comicvine.com/living-tribunal/6811/

Is that really necessary? Wouldn't it be enough with just Divine Powers?

And even if he could do everything i cant remember LT ever demonstrating Super-Eating for example. Does it really count as a super-power if it's only assumed that a character can do something?

Mighty Magneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Mighty Magneto

Super Eating i think applies he eats planets

If that ain't super eating i don't know what is

Muhahahahaha

Avatar image for cosmic_sentinel
Cosmic Sentinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Cosmic Sentinel

I think they could be trimmed down a little. Though 'divine powers' is a bit vague.

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By fesak  Moderator

Doesn't Divine Powers mean you can do just about anything?

shatterstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By shatterstar  Moderator

I think powers should be kept to what a character has demonstrated in continuity, if Living Tribunal hasn't been referred to as or shown eating a planet, he shouldn't be labeled super eating, thats silly. Almost any of the cosmic beings can do just about anything they want it seems, but their powers listed should be restricted to what they've actually used.

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By fesak  Moderator

Yes, that was what i meant, thanks.

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By fesak  Moderator

Anyone else have an opinion on this?

Prodigal Son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By Prodigal Son

I would only add the caveat of allowing for those powers that have not only been demonstrated, but also directly referred to. Not that I can think of any off the top of my head, but if it has been stated by a divine character that they can do "such-and-such" then let's give them the benefit of the doubt and list the power.

I agree, however, that we should not list "assumed" powers just because a character is divine or cosmic.

That's my 2 bits.

Satyrquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Satyrquaze

I think it's hilarious.

Yes, the list should be edited in the extreme, only powers the Living Tribunial has actually exibited should be on the list and include "Divine Powers".

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By fesak  Moderator

And who keeps adding Flight and Immortal to Thor. He's not immortal and he can't fly. Don't mess with characters if you don't know them, dammit!

SuperJon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By SuperJon

easy johnny... don't be so rude... this is a good discussion....

Final Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By Final Arrow

SuperJon says:

"easy johnny... don't be so rude... this is a good discussion...."

This is the vine , Rudeness is all a round , It comes and goes depend on who your talking to .

But I agree the powers thing gets out of control sometimes .

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#13  Edited By The_Martian

fesak says:

"And who keeps adding Flight and Immortal to Thor. He's not immortal and he can't fly. Don't mess with characters if you don't know them, dammit!"
Doesn't Thor's hammer a let him fly?
Avatar image for cosmic_sentinel
Cosmic Sentinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#14  Edited By Cosmic Sentinel

fesak says:

"Doesn't Divine Powers mean you can do just about anything? "

I would have thought so, but John Constantine has them according to his page. I dunno much about him, but I'm pretty sure he's not omnipotent. I guess they're more an origin than a defined ability.

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By fesak  Moderator

spiderman621 says:

"fesak says:
"And who keeps adding Flight and Immortal to Thor. He's not immortal and he can't fly. Don't mess with characters if you don't know them, dammit!"
Doesn't Thor's hammer a let him fly?"

No, not really. He throws Mjolnir while holding on to the handle.

Red L.A.M.P.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Red L.A.M.P.

I keep rejecting people who add too many powers to a character. Most Gods should just be listed as Diving Powers. A god like Thor, who is a little more human-like, should have his specific powers (ie. "Lighting").

1. DONT add powers like "Agility" or "Leadership" to a normal human (ie.Han Solo). Normal Humans almost never have a power.

2. DONT add "Intellect" as a power to some one who is just smart (ie.She-Hulk).

3. DONT add powers that are completely obscure, or a stretch of what we mean by that power.

Feel free to remove powers for characters that dont make sense. I'll be wholesale rejecting ALL of a members submission if I see them do nothing but add stupid powers. I'll just click the reject button on the rest of your subs without even looking.

Boken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By Boken

nice to know.

Avatar image for ultimatedeadpool
DEADPOOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By DEADPOOL

I hate it when people give characters powers that they don't actually have.

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By fesak  Moderator

Someone has also added almost every power to Spawn. I don't remember him using even half of those powers.

Could someone that knows him better check it out?

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By fesak  Moderator

Also it's unneccesary to add both Longevity and Immortal to someone.

Donnieman v5.1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Donnieman v5.1

Well Living Tribunal would hypothetically have all powers seeing as he is the second most powerful being in the marvel universe and can do whatever he wants, I can see what your saying. Spawn has used a plethora of different powers before and he does have the capacity to use all of those powers as his power is only limited by his imagination.
Post Edited:2007-06-21 19:01:10

shatterstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By shatterstar  Moderator

fesak says:

"Also it's unneccesary to add both Longevity and Immortal to someone."

Could be immortal and young like Cannonball and not have longevity though? Other immortals around hundreds, thousands of years... if you don't use longevity for them what purpose is there for that power?

shatterstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By shatterstar  Moderator

Donnieman says:

"Well Living Tribunal would hypothetically have all powers seeing as he is the second most powerful being in the marvel universe and can do whatever he wants, I can see what your saying. Spawn has used a plethora of different powers before and he does have the capacity to use all of those powers as his power is only limited by his imagination.
Post Edited:2007-06-21 19:01:10"

I don't think we're really interested in comparing theoretical powers, powers should be limited to what they've demonstrated in comics. If Living Tribunal or Spawn or Dr. Strange has never apparently used heat generation or ice breath for instance in a comic, he shouldn't have that listed as a power. The possibility of it is covered with divine powers or magic.

At the same time I think the god-like characters that use a specific power, Galactus for instance should be listed under super-eating even though it could be interpreted as part of his divine power. If its demonstrated or referred to, I think it should be on there.

Prodigal Son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Prodigal Son

It's also unnecessary to add stupid, random videos into every thread in which you post.

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By fesak  Moderator

Shatterstar says:

"fesak says:
"Also it's unneccesary to add both Longevity and Immortal to someone."

Could be immortal and young like Cannonball and not have longevity though? Other immortals around hundreds, thousands of years... if you don't use longevity for them what purpose is there for that power?"

I'm assuming that Longevity refers to anyone with an extended lifespan that isn't immortal, like Wolverine, Thor or Hulk. Maybe i'm wrong..?

shatterstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By shatterstar  Moderator

I can see what you're thinking with that, that makes sense. The whole immortality thing boggles my mind to be honest. Wolverine theoretically could be immortal. There's been characters that were supposedly immortal killed like the Externals, Dracula (dozens of times i'm sure), Apocalypse, etc. If the planet blows up are they just floating in space unfazed?

I've been interpreting longevity to mean they have that as an attribute, whether immortal or not, and hope the longevity power voters can figure it out. I'm not even sure how if people voting in that category even make their judgments, its basically who has been around the longest isn't it?

mimic12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By mimic12
fesak said:
"

spiderman621 says:

"fesak says:
Doesn't Thor's hammer a let him fly?"

No, not really. He throws Mjolnir while holding on to the handle.

"

Then how dose thor huver if he cant fly?
omy wan kenobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By omy wan kenobi

thor can't hover but as it in a comic its still images so he would look like hes hovering

mimic12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By mimic12

Ok in this video it shows thor huvering.

mimic12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By mimic12

Ok I got a good one check this out. As you know Mimic can only copy 5 power sets at one time. So what if he copied Madrox that means Mimic can make at lest 25 duplacates of himself. Now all of the duplacates have the same Mimic power the real one has and every Mimic duplacate copied 4 power set of different mutants. so then the real Mimic pulled all of the duplacates back into himself then all of the power sets the duplacates copied are his. is that even possible?

Real Mimic - Madrox, Deadpool, X-Man, Beast, Cyclops + Duplacate Mimic - Jean Gray, Vulcan, Colossus, Wolverine, Madrox = Real Mimic - Madrox, Deadpool, X-Man, Beast, Cyclops, Jean Gary, Vulcan, Colossus And Wolverine. Now thats just 2 but I think you get the idea.