Could he possibly be the next Robin?

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

So in Batman & Robin Futures End #1, a new character has taken up the mantle of Robin, and it's Duke Thomas. As many people know, the fate of who will be the newest Robin is still unknown, Damian may come back, or stay dead. In this new issue it looks like Duke took up the mantle, however since these stories are all possible futures, meaning they may or may not (likely not) happen. In any case what are people's thoughts on this possibility?

No Caption Provided

I personally feel like 4 Robins (more if you count some of the others who have taken the mantle) is already too many. However I also like that unlike the other Robins, he at least does not look like them. I get that the Robins all have a lot of fans for their looks (hopefully not Damian) but it is a little odd that they all look so much alike. Plus it's always interesting to see Batman with a new sidekick, however we already have Bluebird on the way.

For the most part though, I'm not the biggest fan of Batman or any of the Robins, so I'll leave that debate up to hardcore fans.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: -1

#2  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

I'll admit, when I found out that the Robin in Futures End was the random kid Bruce met back in Zero Year, I actually liked it. I remember that kid and liked his interaction with Bruce, but never thought of him possibly becoming Robin. The whole idea, if this is indeed who will become the new Robin following Robin Rises, will be something I'd actually dig as it's not something I was expecting.

Though personally, even though I like this idea, I still hope they bring Damian back as Robin. Four Robins is enough and honestly probably too many already, but that's just me.

Baptimus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm pretty stoked about this!

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

Looks like he'll be Lark.

No Caption Provided

I predict that he'll be the "detective" sidekick; Bluebird will be the "gadget" sidekick; and Robin will be the "fighter" sidekick. Maybe Owlman/Dick Grayson will be their mentor?

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Captain13

Nrama: You also mentioned this fear toxin that makes Batman imagine his own death. Anything you can share about the "Batman imagines the end" stuff in this issue? You've teased Lark before, so I know this isn't totally a throwaway scene… (then again, is Lark around after Eternal….?)

Snyder: We have plans for Duke, as hinted at in various versions, in various places, but you'll have to wait and see. The visions are more about how Bruce thinks things might end for him, rather than any concrete spoilers. But you can get a sense from that moment that Duke is important to him.

http://www.newsarama.com/22342-scott-snyder-reveals-more-about-batman-endgame-s-surprise-villain.html

I find it interesting that Snyder automatically translates "Lark" to "Duke."

righteous300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_tree said:

@captain13: I'm not enthused by the idea of Duke becoming Robin (solely because I want Damian and I feel anyone else after his death would be weird), but I do like the idea of him as Lark. I've wanted Snyder to tell the story of Lark ever since that costume appeared in Detective Comics #27. I don't want the story being done in Eternal, since there's already so much going on there, but I would like the story told soon-- which, I guess would have to be after Endgame.

That's a lot of birds with Lark, Bluebird, Robin, Red Robin-- I wouldn't mind a retooled Birds of Prey.

Wouldn't the story have to happen during Eternal though? Seeing as how Endgame is after Eternal and Bruce already has Blue Bird and Lark by his side.

OutlawRenegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He seems to be getting closer and closer to the Bat Family.