Who should have been the main character of DBZ

julyiscool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Who should have been the main character of DBZ (28 votes)

Goku 36%
Vegeta 7%
Piccolo 11%
Gohan 39%
Krillin 7%

using the 5 main z fighters

• 
TheMan44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm actually going to say Krillin. Think about it he was always in Goku's shadow, he isn't what you would expect from a hero with his size awkwardness, and to top it all off he has shown more heart than anyone on the series. He goes up against villians even though he knows he has zero chance of winning and might die, he looked after gohan just like piccolo, and he is balled.

We may joke about him but he is by far the most respectable character on dragonball.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kaka carrot cake

SSbardock84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theman44: By far the most respectable character in Dragon Ball? I totally disagree. Not that I necessarily hate Krillin, but I don't think most people would agree with that.

panther21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gohan would have been great at being the Main Character.

SSbardock84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

panther21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheMan44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssbardock84: Well he's the only male on the show who is a good father lol. However it would have been perfect for dragonball. Short guy no one takes seriously who was over shadowed by Goku who tries to rise up against foes he knows he can't beat.

SSbardock84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm surprised to see no ones voted for Vegeta and equally surprised Gohan has the most votes.

TheMan44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm surprised to see no ones voted for Vegeta and equally surprised Gohan has the most votes.

On top of that why is piccolo even a contender... and not krillin.

SSbardock84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theman44 said:
@ssbardock84 said:

On top of that why is piccolo even a contender... and not krillin.

More people like Kirllin than Piccolo. Even Akira Toriyama, Piccolo is his favorite character.

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Goku to me is the best of the characters he is why I watch it. Vegeta is second by far and together they make a great team. After that you have to have future Trunks with his sword. Oh and dragon ball z is horrible without the z gang and that includes krillin.

gothamknight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By gothamknight

@ssbardock84:

I'm not cause a good amount of the fan base think that every event in the story should revolve around Gohan even though the only time he was important was during the Cell games which is a very small part of the story.

The opposite goes for Vegeta, he's been important from the minute he was introduced up till now yet everything he does is either unacknowledged or outright denied.

The most recent example of this was in the Rf arc in Super, Vegeta finally gets to defeat a main villain yet they're saying Goku did it just because he killed him even though he lost his battle and Vegeta beat him to the point where he lost his golden form and couldn't stand up.

Yet when Vegeta kills a defeated enemy like Nappa it's considered a Goku win because Goku beat him in combat but for some reason that doesn't apply to Vegeta.

Another great example is them saying that he never defeated anyone important in Z which like the example above is an outright lie because he defeated Goku during their 1st match but to them it doesn't count because he transformed to do it which is exactly what Goku & Gohan did to defeat Freeza & Cell but again for some reason that doesn't apply to Vegeta.

Yūsuke Watanabe said it best, Vegeta is the unsung hero of the franchise which I didn't believe at the time but now I think that's an understatement.

TheMan44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why won't people believe me... Krillin deserves to be the main character over everybody.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gothamknight: This. Vegeta is humbled at every turn and is constantly being humiliated all while being defeated by his rival no matter how much hard work he puts in

gothamknight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By gothamknight

@kgb725:

I actually like to see him and other characters get humiliated cause it makes the moments they shine in have a bigger impact unlike other anime that are constantly having their character win against everyone which makes moments that should be big for certain characters mean nothing.

For example, Vegeta like you said is always getting humiliated but when he defeated Freeza in Super it had a very huge impact on his fans cause it was the 1st and probably only time we'll get to see him defeat a main villain and the same thing goes for Gohan when he defeated Cell.

Goku is another great example of this cause even though he's the main character of the story, he's only defeated ONE main villain in Z and went through hell to do so and none in Super even though we're currently 2 arcs in.

A great example of an anime that has little to no impactful moments is One Piece cause from the very beginning up till now, Luffy and his crew have been wiping the floor with everyone who gets in their way which not only takes away from said moments but makes the story very predictable cause they win 99% of the time.

oopsen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think after the cell saga goku should have stayed in the afterlife even during buu saga and they should have kept showing sagas of goku in the afterlife while having gohan the main protagonist on earth.

oopsen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gothamknight: I wouldn't say they wipe the floor with everyone, enel only lost because of rubber and was too powerful for anyone else, crocodile lost because of pis, Mihawk wrecked zoro, kizaru beat the whole crew, pacifistas wrecked the crew, aokiji played with them, luffy lost to Magellan and had to flee, luffy couldn't beat anyone in the war without help. The crew had a lot of rough times, which is what led to the timeskip where doffy and the family were the first real challenge and it will only get harder from here.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theman44: By far the most respectable character in Dragon Ball? I totally disagree. Not that I necessarily hate Krillin, but I don't think most people would agree with that.

You're confusing Krillin with Tien. Now there's a guy who put his life on the line (and lost it sometimes) every time he stepped up to the plate. He learned the Evil Containment Wave knowing full well he would die. He put literally everything he had into fighting Nappa, and even did it with one arm. Was willing to stay in Otherworld with his best friends because he couldn't be wished back, even though he had the chance to leave. Risked his life to hold off Cell and Super Buu despite being severely outclassed and helped fight Frieza's army.

Krillin may have been around more, but did far less I would say than Tien.

@ssbardock84:

I'm not cause a good amount of the fan base think that every event in the story should revolve around Gohan even though the only time he was important was during the Cell games which is a very small part of the story.

The opposite goes for Vegeta, he's been important from the minute he was introduced up till now yet everything he does is either unacknowledged or outright denied.

The most recent example of this was in the Rf arc in Super, Vegeta finally gets to defeat a main villain yet they're saying Goku did it just because he killed him even though he lost his battle and Vegeta beat him to the point where he lost his golden form and couldn't stand up.

Yet when Vegeta kills a defeated enemy like Nappa it's considered a Goku win because Goku beat him in combat but for some reason that doesn't apply to Vegeta.

Another great example is them saying that he never defeated anyone important in Z which like the example above is an outright lie because he defeated Goku during their 1st match but to them it doesn't count because he transformed to do it which is exactly what Goku & Gohan did to defeat Freeza & Cell but again for some reason that doesn't apply to Vegeta.

Yūsuke Watanabe said it best, Vegeta is the unsung hero of the franchise which I didn't believe at the time but now I think that's an understatement.

Vegeta, at least going by the movie, only won because everyone knew that Frieza couldn't hold that form for long. So either one could have beat Frieza going second.

And I don't think anyone really cares, but if you wanted to say Vegeta killed Nappa, I wouldn't argue. Although killed and beat are not the same.

I guess you could consider it Karma for Vegeta being a bad person?

TheMan44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scouterv: far less? He through himself at buu so everyone might escape, led frieza away from Gohan and vegeta so they might survive, stepped in between cel and the androids twice, he has always been in gokus shadow, he went back for Goku when he was getting wrecked by frieza, he looked after gokus kid... Yea.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theman44 said:

@scouterv: far less? He through himself at buu so everyone might escape, led frieza away from Gohan and vegeta so they might survive, stepped in between cel and the androids twice, he has always been in gokus shadow, he went back for Goku when he was getting wrecked by frieza, he looked after gokus kid... Yea.

Aside from that one time Gohan saved the world, who hasn't been in Goku's shadow? I mean, he is the main character so it's fitting. And looked after? I'd argue Gohan and Krillin were pretty even in terms of looking out for each other. At least not in the same way Gohan was looked after by Piccolo, whom I actually voted for.

TheMan44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scouterv: I'd argue krillin always kept tabs on gohan while on namek. Krillin S been there from the beginning so he has that going for him. Other than that he has contributed the same amount as tien yes but he still has the fact that he was there from the beginning.

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Gohan probably should have taken the reigns

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theman44: Yeah, but he was a huge jerk in the beginning. So was Tien, but he at least had reason to be a jerk and was still cool with Chaotzu. Krillin was picked on, but Chen was a brutal teacher.

Avatar image for infantfinite128
infantfinite128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By infantfinite128

Goku should have. It's his story!

I like Gohan, but I always found it odd how a 4 year old half-Saiyan with no training has greater power than Goku, a full-blooded adult Saiyan, who trained non-stop his whole life. You think fans got upset at Rey for being a Mary Sue? lol