Grayson and the Outsiders

dropkickjake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Threads like this have popped up fairly frequently since the beginning of the n52, "Make a team for Dick to lead," but I haven't seen any since the beginning of Grayson. I also think that, in his new Super-spy role, Dick is particularly well suited to lead a new Outsiders team.

So, build Agent 37 a team of Outsiders.

Rules: 5-7 members total, no more than one other legacy character, aim for recognizable A-/B+ list heroes.

dropkickjake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My team:

Grayson

Power Girl- Karen Starr. Not sure what she's up to currently in comics, but she is one DC's most recognizable and powerful female characters

Guy Gardner- preferably in his Red Lantern role, which would cause more narrative tension within the team.

Katana- An original outsider, and has picked up notoriety of late.

Black Lightning- Original outsider, recognizable, powerful. Awesome

Zatanna- Another of DC's more recognizable characters, plus magic concealment ability seems to be useful for covert ops.

No Caption Provided

The Atom- Ray Palmer. Another recognizable hero whose power set lends itself to covert ops.

redwingx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hes an Agent now. Not a superhero.

dropkickjake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Do you think that entirely prevents him from interacting with the hero community or working with costumed heroes?

vernierhawk001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dropkickjake: I actually really like this team though I would like to know whether this is a superhero team or a spy one. some of the characters seem overpowered for a covert ops team

redwingx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By redwingx

@dropkickjake said:

Do you think that entirely prevents him from interacting with the hero community or working with costumed heroes?

Yes. He is a spy and a dead person who's identity is known now. He also works for Spyral. There's no way out for Dick here.

A better idea would be Dick teaming up with other Spyral agents like the Hood.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

Titan Hunt.

He pretty much returns to the Titans.

MaZeRaIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By MaZeRaIII

He is returning to Gotham.

And...HE IS THE BATMAN:

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for nathaniel_christopher
Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Makes sense. He'd have to be heading back there to properly lead into Batman and Robin Eternal, in which I assume he'll be filled in by Alfred on the current status quo.

Aahz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not against a team for Dick, but the Outsiders are thematically to much in the in the direction of what Jason is doing and I would prefer when each of the Robins has his unique thing.

dropkickjake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vernierhawk001: I pictured it as something between the Team from Young Justice (covert ops) and The Outsiders (handling the missions/threats that the Justice League can't get involved with).

Avatar image for youknowwhattodo
youknowwhattodo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

Technically the Outsiders already exist in the Green Arrow series, though it wouldn't be out of the question for DC to phase them out of continuity since apparently no one knows they exist lol.

In terms of the team, sure I would read a team book based on that group.

vernierhawk001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dropkickjake: so first of all, I love your team with the possible exception of the Atom and Black Lightning.....I can understand why they would be onboard, though.

So I have been thinking about this a lot recently and think I have a team as well as a backstory to couch it in. The gist of the idea is that Dick's run on Spyral ends and he wants to return home. Amanda Waller threatens him with a treason charge and blackmails him into joining one of her deep cover/covert ops teams. unlike the Suicide Squad, the purpose of this team is to counter growing metahuman threats and falls under ARGUS's purview.

With that background being laid, my team would consist of the following:

1. Dick Grayson (going under the codename, Gray Ghost).....yes there is a reason why I chose that name.

2. Donna Troy: her reimagined origins have madea lot of ppl livid but at least we have her back. and given her new background, I think a very strong and special dynamic/relationship would develop between the two. not the same a pre-flashpoint but....you work with what youve got.

3. Rose Wilson: really this is right up her alley, especially given her new ability to depower metahumans (if I understand her power correctly).

4. the Riddler: Waller cuts him a deal to act as the brains of the operation.....the guy with the plan who guides them through their missions. this would lead to interesting exchanges and trust issues between him and Dick

Those are the core members. I also have ideas for a reimagined Mal Duncan and Cass Cain. Calvin Rose would be another cool addition.

Finally, I really like the idea of PowerGirl being on the team but i think they stuck her on Earth 2 somewhere (hopefully DC brings her mainstream again). i find the idea of a Superman-like character being on an undercover/covert ops team fascinating.

I would make Zatanna a childhood friend...someone who shows up for certain missions but Iisnt a regular.