Dick Grayson and the 2015 Crisis

Dubvoight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

With all the rumors spreading on the possibility of a new crisis, I just wanted to know if anyone had thoughts on if Dick would go through any changes.

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

redwingx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By redwingx

Hopefully DC kills him off. Can't stand to see Dick suffer anymore.

nightwingism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@dubvoight: I doubt it, for the fact that they just changed him to be a spy with high sale ratings. It'd be really dumb, and a bad business idea, to change him up again!

If they are going to change stuff about him, it'd probably be background information, or new friends introductions. Stuff like that. Maybe even reveal that Dick Grayson is still alive somehow

brobertz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I could see them change up his background too, however I don't think he (Agent Dick Grayson) will be involved. It will be cool to see prenew52 and wolfman nightwing in convergence. Also, earth-2 dick grayson is being trained by ted grant on earth-2 right now, and the creators have talked about using both of them a lot, so you can also look forward to that!

I would like to see the overall mission of spyral branch off into justice league or batman, but still have Grayson be the center of the story. Since Spyral is looking for identity's of superheroes, it could possibly branch off, especially when you consider they know who batman, cyborg, the flash, and aquaman are.

Food for thought! haha

Avatar image for youknowwhattodo
youknowwhattodo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By youknowwhattodo

Well I still think he'll be Agent Grayson, and that's the right decision. In terms of what else could happen to him, there is a strong possibility that he will no longer be 'dead' to the DCU, or at least to the Batfamily. I could also see him with a team post-Convergence, it's clear that DC is building a world exclusive to Dick Grayson and I can't imagine him not being on a team in the next few years. The big question of course being which team?

nightwingism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@youknowwhattodo: Well, with his book being called Grayson, as opposed to something like "Grayson: Agent of Spyral" he isn't story bound to Spyral. If they were to finish the Spyral storyline, as if it was just part 1 of his new direction for Dick, they could branch out and do other things as well, such as being part of a new team. Which could be when he reveals himself to still be alive and such

vernierhawk001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By vernierhawk001

I've been thinking about this a lot and I think it would be really interesting to see Dick Grayson assigned to the Suicide Squad after this. Say, Spyral is brought down, no doubt due to him helping in some way, but he is put in custody because he was still working for a shady entity. Bruce didn't intend for this to happen and, though he tries, he cannot get Dick out of jail. He is transferred to Belle Reve. Waller offers him (and Helena....she's there, too) the same "opportunity" she gives the rest of the Squad members.

We find out later that Waller organized the arrest/conviction because she saw Dick's potential as a leader for the team---someone who could unite them and make them more of a cohesive unit. This opens up all kinds of interesting interactions as well as following up on some of the decisions Dick has had to make in terms of the way he looks at the world (given his time in Spyral). It gives room to continue and explore the relationship between him and Helena (which, I hope, is lasting). Finally, it gives Dick a team in the N52 and a chance to prove his leadership skills. If written by a good writer, i think this could be enjoyable

@smoothjammin, @richardjohngrayson, @nathaniel_christopher, @ritchieb