Is it me or is there something about Marvel

This topic is locked from further discussion.

keithcolby1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By keithcolby1995

I'm going to be pretty short but...

Does it not bother you how they kind of copied DC in the past? I also think it is weird how they try to one up their heroes and villains from their somewhat DC counterpart.

I'll give a few examples. Darkseid was created before Thanos. After they "Came up" with Thanos, they had basically the same powers and they gave him the infinity gems or whatever you call it to one up Darkseid.

Another example is when DC created Deathstroke, so Marvel created Deadpool and gave him a regen power.

The last example I'm going to give is Ironman. Batman is like his counterpart and they gave Tony the one up on him by having his suit inside his body. While controlling the suit through TP.

I don't know how to feel about it really. They have copied a lot more but DC has copied Reed Richards. What do you guys think/feel about it?

I like Marvel, they have some cool characters, but I just feel like they are kind of cheat. Spiderman, IronMan, Thor, and Ghost Rider being my favorites.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Well, theres this kind of thread again.

AssertingValor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 65

#3  Edited By AssertingValor

Its whatever really dude

Constantine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

apples and oranges

Avatar image for noteworthington
Noteworthington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Iron man is a rip off of Batman. You heard it here first folks

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

Avatar image for marcosvergara14
MarcosVergara14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By MarcosVergara14

1)Thanos and Darkseid may have been alike in the past but each one built their own mythology. Darkseid around the new gods and the Anti-life equation, and Thanos around the Infinity Gems.

2) Deadpool was created by Rob Liefeld who admitted that he was a fan of Deathstroke and that Deadpool was baised on him, but now the two are far from equal

3) Iron Man and Batman are hardly alike Bruce lost his parents and past his adulthood studying different tipes of martial arts and how to direct a company, Tony had his father but he was distant to him and Tony tried to being the perfect son his father wanted and he is by far smater than Bruce

4) Reed Richard was created by Stan Lee, he part of the initiative for create characters with origins based on science due to the popularity that Barry Allen gained in Showcase #4.

5) Both companies have copied the other at one moment so it´s okay that they have character they looks like had been a rip-off from the other

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By danhimself

and this thread is a rip off of the 1000 threads just like it from before

keithcolby1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By keithcolby1995

@peppeyhare: It is. Orphan kid, inherited a company that gets them oodles of money. Has a butler. Super smart. Both are playboys. Yea they changed things but they have a good amount of things in common.

keithcolby1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marcosvergara14: I think it is okay and all except when they copy someone and make their copy better, I mean it is kind of cheap. At least make him a little weaker. Like Plastic man is not as good as Mr. Fantastic.