User Lists: 0

His fans

Roar1201

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

@crazymadman90: agreed, some of them are very annoying just like deadpool lol or to much of a fanboy

Avatar image for graysonofgotham
graysonofgotham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Deadpool is my favorite comic book character but my least favorite thing about him to me is a small group of his fan base that feels the need to project their own sexuality onto him. They like to say he is not heterosexual. Not only will they just not except the character for what he is and has always been presented as. They get defensive if you present facts. It hurts no one and i'm glad he has a large fan base but I dislike that they take what they want him to be as fact.

The Lobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

User Lists: 2

@chefpool said:

Deadpool is my favorite comic book character but my least favorite thing about him to me is a small group of his fan base that feels the need to project their own sexuality onto him. They like to say he is not heterosexual. Not only will they just not except the character for what he is and has always been presented as. They get defensive if you present facts. It hurts no one and i'm glad he has a large fan base but I dislike that they take what they want him to be as fact.

.....But he's not heterosexual, he's omnisexual.....I can present the facts if need be.

Side note, I'm heterosexual and still know that Deadpool is omnisexual.

graysonofgotham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_lobster_: I'm sure you will present a bunch of pics of jokes Wade has made but he has only EVER slept with women.

The Lobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chefpool: Of course not. A sense of humor doesn't dictate sexuality. Just because Deadpool makes jokes, doesn't make him gay, straight, bisexual, or whatever. That doesn't define a person's sexuality.

However, When Black Mamba makes you experience your deepest, darkest, desire (Something outside his control, thus he didn't do it to be funny). And that desire is sitting on beach, in speedos, rubbing sun tan oil all over Cable. Odds are you're feeling a little something extra for your bromantic best buddy.

Plus when Gerry Duggan (current writer of the series) flat out says Deadpool is omnisexual. Odds are he's omnisexual. Like it or not. He doesn't care about race or genders. If it has a pulse, he'd tap it. Be that Cable, A Bearded Lady, an alien who looks like a hippo, a demonic succubus, or a big boobied superhero (all of these are actual comic book canon examples). Heck, have you seen what his wife looks like when she's not putting on her sexy female model face?

No Caption Provided

Oh yeah, I'd tap that.

Also here's the other two things I were talking about. Just in case you haven't seen them.

graysonofgotham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chefpool: Of course not. A sense of humor doesn't dictate sexuality. Just because Deadpool makes jokes, doesn't make him gay, straight, bisexual, or whatever. That doesn't define a person's sexuality.

However, When Black Mamba makes you experience your deepest, darkest, desire (Something outside his control, thus he didn't do it to be funny). And that desire is sitting on beach, in speedos, rubbing sun tan oil all over Cable. Odds are you're feeling a little something extra for your bromantic best buddy.

Plus when Gerry Duggan (current writer of the series) flat out says Deadpool is omnisexual. Odds are he's omnisexual. Like it or not. He doesn't care about race or genders. If it has a pulse, he'd tap it. Be that Cable, A Bearded Lady, an alien who looks like a hippo, a demonic succubus, or a big boobied superhero (all of these are actual comic book canon examples). Heck, have you seen what his wife looks like when she's not putting on her sexy female model face?

No Caption Provided

Oh yeah, I'd tap that.

Also here's the other two things I were talking about. Just in case you haven't seen them.

Deadpool has only EVER slept with female comic book characters and I assure you that will remain the case. His silly jokes etc are nothing more than that. We can agree to disagree but even Fabian Nicieza has said as much.

graysonofgotham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By graysonofgotham

Also I am respectfully disagreeing with you. I know tone is hard to read through text. I am not mad or trying to be a jerk I just think you are wrong. Wade has only ever been in relationships with women is my point and I am by no means trying to be a jerk to you just speaking my mind. I believe Wade Wilson is heterosexual and he will remain that way.

The Lobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By The Lobster

@chefpool said:

Also I am respectfully disagreeing with you. I know tone is hard to read through text. I am not mad or trying to be a jerk I just think you are wrong. Wade has only ever been in relationships with women is my point and I am by no means trying to be a jerk to you just speaking my mind. I believe Wade Wilson is heterosexual and he will remain that way.

Of course, We're engaging in a civilized debate. Same here. Please don't think that anything I say is a personal attack or me getting angry.

That being said. I find it funny, that you claim the worse thing about Deadpool are the fans who say his sexuality is not what you think it is and get defensive when you project facts. Yet, I just presented two facts, two examples that aren't just Deadpool telling jokes and you basically dismissed it because "If I haven't seen Deadpool sleep with anyone who isn't a woman, than it's not true." Which goes back to the old "just cause you haven't seen a million bucks with your own eyes, doesn't mean it doesn't exist." You basically did the same thing you claim the people you hate did. You projected a sexuality onto him, despite facts and evidence to the contrary. Again, this isn't a personal attack, just pointing out the flaw in your argument.

I'm a heterosexual male (the only one working at my current job) but I can't deny that Deadpool does seem to care very little about what he wants to have sex with and is attracted to people for their emotions and personality. Something as artificial as looks means little to him. He found a fat hippo alien attractive, he found a bearded lady attractive, and he even finds his wife attractive when she's not putting on her pretty face. Something like genders and even species to some extend are redundant to him. If it has a pulse, he'd sleep with it if he could.

Also I'd love to see that Fabian Niceza quote. Do you have a link or photo I can see?

graysonofgotham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chefpool said:

Of course, We're engaging in a civilized debate. Same here. Please don't think that anything I say is a personal attack or me getting angry.

That being said. I find it funny, that you claim the worse thing about Deadpool are the fans who say his sexuality is not what you think it is and get defensive when you project facts. Yet, I just presented two facts, two examples that aren't just Deadpool telling jokes and you basically dismissed it because "If I haven't seen Deadpool sleep with anyone who isn't a woman, than it's not true." Which goes back to the old "just cause you haven't seen a million bucks with your own eyes, doesn't mean it doesn't exist." You basically did the same thing you claim the people you hate did. You projected a sexuality onto him, despite facts and evidence to the contrary. Again, this isn't a personal attack, just pointing out the flaw in your argument.

I'm a heterosexual male (the only one working at my current job) but I can't deny that Deadpool does seem to care very little about what he wants to have sex with and is attracted to people for their emotions and personality. Something as artificial as looks means little to him. He found a fat hippo alien attractive, he found a bearded lady attractive, and he even finds his wife attractive when she's not putting on her pretty face. Something like genders and even species to some extend are redundant to him. If it has a pulse, he'd sleep with it if he could.

Also I'd love to see that Fabian Niceza quote. Do you have a link or photo I can see?

Fair enough and I just agree to disagree. I think Wade will remain as he has always been and only be in relationships with females. That said thanks for having a chat and stating your side and keeping it cool. I don't have a pic of what he said. He basically just said readers always want to make the character their own and that Deadpool was the wrong character to fight for.

Gearroad4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He isn't funny, he's irritating. All it ever is with him is potty humour, pointless sex jokes, cursing for the sake of being "edgy", and breaking the fourth wall in very unimaginative ways. And when he's in movies or TV shows, he's even worse. Most often they add cartoon sound effects, which makes him even MORE annoying. And the cosplayers are some of the worst people you'll find at Cons, feeling girls up because they're "in character". On top of everything, he's a rip-off of Deathstroke, Wolverine and Spider-Man, and there's no tension in any of his storylines because he's freaking invincible. He's so boring! And I'm tired of the media and comic book fans shoving him down my throat! Then his costume... MY GOD, it's so dull! He looks like Spider-Man and Deathstroke's outfits had an annoying baby who won't shut its mouth and wants to have sex with everything. I hate him more than any other comic book character in Marvel or DC.

Avatar image for subnettingisaverb
subnettingisaverb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Deadpool is hilarious. He's unhatable.

just_sayin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love Deadpool. I wish that some of the stories did not contain such extreme slapstick. Like when he is decapitated and his headless body is caring around his head and he is still talking. I wish Deadpool had a better rogues gallery. I wish that the character had some type of progression and development beyond what has been done. And I miss Bob too.

graysonofgotham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By graysonofgotham

@just_sayin said:

I love Deadpool. I wish that some of the stories did not contain such extreme slapstick. Like when he is decapitated and his headless body is caring around his head and he is still talking. I wish Deadpool had a better rogues gallery. I wish that the character had some type of progression and development beyond what has been done. And I miss Bob too.

You should read Gerry Duggan and Brian Posehn's run. It was the most growth he has ever had as a character. Deadpool is my favorite character and I feel it was the best run the character has ever had. Deadpool Volume 3: The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly was amazing and is my favorite story arch of all time.

The Lobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By The Lobster
@gearroad4 said:

He isn't funny, he's irritating. All it ever is with him is potty humour, pointless sex jokes, cursing for the sake of being "edgy", and breaking the fourth wall in very unimaginative ways.

This right there shows that you've obviously never even read a Deadpool comic, or at the very least have only read comics from 2008 to 2012 which was like the dark age of Deadpool comics. Deadpool is a lot more than just potty humor and jokes. He's a tragic sad clown nominal hero with a tragic backstory who uses humor as a coping mechanism to hide his own insecurities. I'd recommend reading some actual books before judging the character completely. Preferably ones written by Joe Kelly, or Gerry Duggan and Brian Posehn's stuff. Or Rick Remender's Uncanny X-force, that was also really good.

And the cosplayers are some of the worst people you'll find at Cons, feeling girls up because they're "in character".

This I agree with. I don't go to a lot or cons, but these people are giving Deadpool a bad name. If I ever saw that happen I would pound that Deadpool cosplayer into the dirt. Cosplay is not consent. The worst part is, I've never seen Deadpool in the comics grope a woman without her consent. Only seen this happen in fan-art, these people aren't real fan or don't get the character. Even Deadpool knows better than to touch a person without consent. These people need to stop.

On top of everything, he's a rip-off of Deathstroke, Wolverine and Spider-Man,

Ugh, I hate when people use this as an excuse to hate the character. First of all, Parody and rip-off are two very different things. Parody implies being mimicked for comedic effect. Which is what Deadpool's creation was. Deathstroke and all straight-laced bad@ss characters, were popular at the time. So someone thought It'd be funny to make a character who was a bad@ss mercenary who was funny instead of dark and gritty and serious.......Except unlike Deathstroke who has basically been the same generic bad@$$ character and have never really evolved beyond that. Deadpool actually became his own character, with personality and flaws and motivations.

Also this argument can be applied to anything. Aquaman is a rip-off of Namor, Swamp-Thing is a rip-off or Man-thing, The Nova Corps are rip-offs of the Green Lantern Corp, Black Cat is a rip-off of Catwoman, Hawkeye is a rip-off of Green Arrow, The X-men are rip offs of the Doom Patrol, Batman is a rip-off of both The Shadow and Zorro, Spider-man is a rip-off of the Spider Queen, and the list goes on and on and on. NOTHING IS A ORIGINAL IDEA. THIS ARGUMENT ABOUT DEADPOOL'S ORIGINALITY IS INVALID!

and there's no tension in any of his storylines because he's freaking invincible. He's so boring!

Once again, this shows how little of the comics you've read. Deadpool is an interesting character because he's invincible. He fell in love with the Marvel Universe's personification of Death, yet he's curse to never be with her. Dying would be a dream come true for Deadpool, because he could finally be with the woman he loves. He could finally put an end to being the puppet who can see the strings. Deadpool wants to die, but he can't. The very thing he wants the most in the world, is something that he can never have. That's not boring, that's tragic.

Anyway, that's that.....Hope you learned something from all this.

Gearroad4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_lobster_: Fair enough, someone else I know recently tried telling me that Deadpool is three-dimensional. Well, whenever he's portrayed on-screen (excluding X-Men Origins) he's the most annoying character I've ever come across regarding superheroes. Like the Deadpool movie, for example. It looks so bad. People only want to see it because the trailers are advertising potty humour and forcing in random sex, gore, and swearing. The trailers are basically just saying "REMEMBER, EVERYONE, WE'RE RATED R!!!"

The Lobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_lobster_: Fair enough, someone else I know recently tried telling me that Deadpool is three-dimensional. Well, whenever he's portrayed on-screen (excluding X-Men Origins) he's the most annoying character I've ever come across regarding superheroes. Like the Deadpool movie, for example. It looks so bad. People only want to see it because the trailers are advertising potty humour and forcing in random sex, gore, and swearing. The trailers are basically just saying "REMEMBER, EVERYONE, WE'RE RATED R!!!"

I've read the leaked movie script back in 2010, and with the exception of Gina Carino's character being three characters from the script melded into one and Negasonic Teenage Warhead's inclusion. The two seem to be 90% similar. So while I can't say for the final product, I can safely say that if they stuck with the script they had, then the trailer really doesn't do the final product justice. In fact, you're probably right. That trailer basically exist just to let fans know that the film will be rated R. Hopefully the next trailer doesn't make that same mistake.

Having read the leaked script. I can also safely say that if they did stick with the script, then the Deadpool movie will be just as good as the Guardians of The Galaxy movie last year. Maybe even better. Not as good as Winter Soldier, the first Iron Man, or The Dark Knight. But still really good.

The film script is much more than what the trailer would lead you to believe. It tackles Deadpool as a character, and explains why he is the way he is. It's almost the perfect introduction to Deadpool as a character and will certainly show a lot of these wanna-be fans that Deadpool is much more than just jokes and guns. The script was really good at make the audience understand why Deadpool acts the way he does, and plus Deadpool in the film isn't trying to save the world like in most superhero movies, in fact the film is just him just trying to get revenge on the man who ruined his life. Which makes the battle between him and the main villain (Ed Skrein's character) much more personal. That's something a lot of these comic book movies seem to miss, to make the battle personal.

Take my word for it. The trailer to the film is only 10% of what the actual finished product will be.

Gearroad4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_lobster_: I hope it isn't jokes and guns. There's the potential for this to ruin superhero movies if it IS all that and it makes a lot of money. Then DC, Marvel, Sony, and Fox will just be encouraged to try less with storytelling.

The Lobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_lobster_: I hope it isn't jokes and guns. There's the potential for this to ruin superhero movies if it IS all that and it makes a lot of money. Then DC, Marvel, Sony, and Fox will just be encouraged to try less with storytelling.

I think the director Tim Miller was a perfect choice for this film, he has totally got this. He could probably explain why this film will do just fine and be something unlike other comic book films, better than I could. Just listen to him talk about this film. He knows what the film needs in order to be a good film. He knows that exploring the character comes first. Listening to him talk, I can tell that this is going to be a great film and really open a lot of people's eyes about the character.

Loading Video...

Gearroad4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bookofoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just hate Deadpool character. He's parody of Deathstroke which is amazing character. I don't find him so necessary. Infact i think it's an insult to Deathstroke.

The Lobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bookofoa said:

Deathstroke which is amazing character.

No Caption Provided

Jeremy1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He tries too hard to be funny. The only time he was interesting is within the movies.