Wht new 52 books should I read ?

gothamknight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I'm caught up with Batman now so I want you to recommend some other heroes to start reading.

I've seen overall good reviews for Morrison&Greg Pack's Action Comics,Johns' GL/Aquaman&Azzarello's WW so should I start with those ?

On the other hand I haven't read much about Superman's main book or the Flash so are they any good ?

And how would you rate GL,Aquaman&Wonder Woman after they got new creative teams ?

JJ_Was_Here

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Action Comics has been mostly good. You can't go wrong with Aaron Kuder's art. I always call Action Comics Superman's main book, but the self-titled Superman is more hit and miss than Action. Yes, Johns' run on Aquaman was delightful. Snyder's Batman is pretty good all around. I was a fan of the first New 52 Suicide Squad but hey, screw me right? They cancelled it and made the new one bad. My favorite book right now is Grayson, to be honest. It's just a ton of fun. Black Canary has been good too.

TheExile285

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By TheExile285

Justice League vol. 1-6, #40-45

Trinity War TP

Forever Evil

Aquaman vol. 1-4

Green Lantern vol. 1-3

Green Lantern Corps vol. 1-3

Wonder Woman vol. 1-6

Sinestro

Red Lanterns vol. 1-2

Batman and Robin vol. 1 (probably great series a whole. Just haven't read past volume 1 yet)

Superman vol. 2

Gotham Academy

Grayson

Robin Son of Batman

Superman: Lois ans Clark

Starfire

Harley Quinn

DC Comics: Bombshells

The Legend of Wonder Woman

The new creative teams for Aquaman, Wonder Woman and GL were hit or miss. Vol. 7 of Wonder Woman was extremely meh and pissed off a lot of Donna Troy fans. GL has been kindly underwhelming since it got the new creative but I do like what they are doing with Hal Jordan right now. Can't speak for Godhead as a whole since I haven't read the entire event yet. Volume 5 of Aquaman was pretty decent with Jeff Parker but I can't speak for volume 6 or any of Bunn's run yet.

Zearing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

The Flash

Forever Evil

Grayson

Green Lantern

Green Lantern Corps

Green Lantern: New Guardians

Justice League

Martian Manhunter

Wonder Woman

d_bones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aquaman was pretty great as well as wonder woman. Favourite was Swamp Thing though. Snyder was pretty good but I LOVED when Soule took over. Sinestro is also pretty good.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By deactivated-5c901e667a76c  Moderator

Lemire's Green Arrow and Johns' Aquaman.

Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8  Edited By Cap10nate

The Azzarello run on Wonder Woman was fantastic and definitely worth a read.

John's Aquaman run is very good although I have fallen behind on it so I haven't read the last few arcs.

I also really enjoyed the Flash run.

Other than Wonder Woman, my favorite book of the New 52 was Swamp Thing. Scott Snyder started the book out strong and I think Charles Soule made it even better whenever he took over the book.

mysoulz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Johns' Aquaman leads up to Throne of Atlantis crossover. It's good, but felt Johns' Aquaman series wasn't independent enough. Despite all of the push for the title after Johns' left the book, the sales still dropped tremendously. Rise of the Seven Seas sounds really good, especially that Ivan Reis is reuniting with Johns.

I'm in the minority here, but I don't care much for Azzarello's run on Wonder Woman. The same can be said for Superman at the relaunch. Scott Snyder's Superman Unchained is a good read though.

Johns' Green Lantern is good. But before the Sinestro Corps War, I find many of his GL issues to be wack :/ Other than that GL/GLC are good reads.

Why not read Peter Tomasi's Batman and Robin? I find that series to be just as good if not better than Snyder's Batman.

@theexile285: Are you talking about the first vol. of Grant Morrison's Batman and Robin?

TheExile285

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 4

mysoulz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By mysoulz
gothamknight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks a lot everyone for the help.I'll check them out as soon as I can.

@mysoulz

I read the 1st 2 volumes and they were both good especially the 1st one so I plan on reading the rest as well.

goonage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13  Edited By goonage

Azarello's run on Wonder Woman and John's run on Aquaman are probably my favorite Nu52 comics. You have to check them out. Although I will warn you that, unfortunately, their successors aren't as successful.

UltimatePower6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

Tomasi's Batman and Robin run feels underrated to me, and one of the most addictive reading runs in the New 52. I literally kept going out to the store to buy the next volume.

I'd also say Tomasi's GLC run. It's not to the level as Johns' (but what ever could live up to his level?) but it puts a very interesting view into the other characters in the corps.

jb681131

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gothamknight: I guess eveyone sayd pretty much everything there is to read.

I will confirm that Batman & Robin is a very good serie.

I would also recommande as a Batman fan Nightwing followed by Grayson and the awsome Li'l Gotham.

As a comment I would say that Batman is far from the best title amongs the new52. So pretty much anything else you pick up will be better.

I heard Justice League Dark, Animal man, Secret six and Swamp thing are not bad.

kcomicfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

John's Aquaman and Justice League.

Epyon007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Justice League: The Darkseid War has been fun to read. I also like Harley which is funny and nice change of pace. Superman has been hit or miss lately but I'll be reading Savage Dawn. Once the current Batman and Superman arc ends in March I'll switch from Superman's books to Batman.

jurassicbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By jurassicbond

One thing about the Green Lantern recs I've seen is that Green Lantern wasn't affected that much by the reboot and those stories are a direct continuation of what Geoff Johns was writing before. I haven't read his run yet (though I plan on doing so soon), but I have heard that the New 52 GL is not a great place to try and jump into the series and that it's best to read all of Johns' run first.

Rurgandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lemire Green Arrow

Animal Man

Grayson

Omega Men

Swamp Thing

Secret Six

Dial H

All-Star Western

Midnighter

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 the_red_viper  Moderator

Constantine was not bad too.

DCLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#21  Edited By DCLantern

Green Lantern

Green Lantern Corps

Green Lantern - New Guardians

Red Lanterns

Sinestro

Batman

Aquaman

Justice League

RabumAlal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just avoid the Flash.

JL

Sinestro

WW (sometimes)

Supes and Action Comics

Batman

Detective and Eternal, I find to be dull.

You can also collect Future's End or World's End.

BatDad87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm enjoying new 52 green Lantern right now. I'm also reading new 52 detective comics which is really good as well. It's going to be sad when Snyder and capullo aren't teaming for batman anymore.