New 52 Release date/rough chronology

tek1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hey guys, I've searched high and low for it, and can't find any sort of reading order to go off, can anybody shed some light on the subject please

PotatoLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

It starts off with Justice League V.1 and issue #1 of everything else begins about five years later and the events of most series take place alongside each other. If anything major happens that affects other characters then you can see some kind of reference to the event or even a few cross-overs given the right circumstances. I haven't read that many series personally but I can say that you should read Batman V.5 and V.6 (because it's basically just his origin story re-done) before reading anything else Batman related, though.

tek1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cheers, appreciate the info :)

Dud317

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Dud317

It starts off with Justice League V.1 and issue #1 of everything else begins about five years later and the events of most series take place alongside each other. If anything major happens that affects other characters then you can see some kind of reference to the event or even a few cross-overs given the right circumstances. I haven't read that many series personally but I can say that you should read Batman V.5 and V.6 (because it's basically just his origin story re-done) before reading anything else Batman related, though.

To be fair, it's not his origin. That has stayed intact. I feel like it's more of his Year Oneelaborated, rather than redone.

Everything else is correct. Zero issues were published between issues 12 and 13 for the core/flagship titles. Some smaller titles started off with issue 0 in year two of DC's reboot. Zero issues were single stories dedicated in some way to the characters origin.

Essentially, every September since the reboot is a gimmick month. Three years ago = Reboot. Two Years ago = Zero issues. One year ago = Villians month. This year = Future's End (five years from now).

tek1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dud317: thanks for the additonal info