THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

If anything spiderman is underrated.

Why does DC overuse batman?

DC has 500 more cooler character than batman.

Batman being able to fight highly superpowered characters is ludacris. While spiderman would get stomped easily.

bgibs13390

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Because Batman is DC's most popular character and they want to make money.

Avatar image for marionettegeist
Marionettegeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Marionettegeist

@thorson said:

Not really. He's one of the most well known superheros.

Money.

Subjective.

Batman being able to fight highly superpowered characters is ludacris.

No more ludicrous than anything else in comics. It's fiction. It doesn't have to make sense, it just has to be consistent (Which I'll admit Batman sometimes has a problem with).

While spiderman would get stomped easily.

Also what does Batman being overused by DC have to do with Spider-Man being underused by Marvel?

Tohoma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thorson: Spider-man isn't Marvel's Batman, Wolverine is.

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By V_Scarlotte_Rose

@thorson said:

Batman being able to fight highly superpowered characters is ludacris. While spiderman would get stomped easily.

And they are...?

tupiaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mitran said:

Spider-Man isn't underrated, but I don't know if he's overused... he's technically on a crap load of teams, but he didn't really appear in the books. He has two titles (SSM and Team-Up) and appears prominently in Mighty Avengers... more exposure than most characters, but not sickening if you don't like him.

SSM is double shipped so there is an extra issue.

@thorson said:

And they are...?

I'm curious too.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#8 vance_astro  Moderator

Any character with more than one solo title is overused. Marvel & DC both has built and unfair playing field, it's almost like capitalism in America. Those who are at the top don't get to shine on their own merit and the interest of their character traits anymore, they just give them more books and more exposure than everyone else keeping those who aren't that popular at the bottom and those that are already among the most popular at the top.

@tohoma said:

@thorson: Spider-man isn't Marvel's Batman, Wolverine is.

Spider-Man isn't Marvel's Batman. Nighthawk is.

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By PeppeyHare

I like how you constantly make these horrible threads, never reply, and then continue to make the same kind of threads.

Night Thrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

See, here's the thing; There was this thing called The 90s, during which Spider-Man was carrying like, eight books including books that really had nothing to do with him (New Warriors anyone?). During this magical period that we all LOVED a bubble was created. Everyone thought that said bubble was Teflon and only imagined it getting bigger and people only buying MORE Spider-Man books. Turns out that bubble was just a normal bubble and did what bubbles tend to do; and it burst! Since then, comic book publishers (Marvel in particular), have shied away from "Batmaning" characters and try to limit the number of titles characters have (notice I said 'titles' and not 'teams').

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

See, here's the thing; There was this thing called The 90s, during which Spider-Man was carrying like, eight books including books that really had nothing to do with him (New Warriors anyone?). During this magical period that we all LOVED a bubble was created. Everyone thought that said bubble was Teflon and only imagined it getting bigger and people only buying MORE Spider-Man books. Turns out that bubble was just a normal bubble and did what bubbles tend to do; and it burst! Since then, comic book publishers (Marvel in particular), have shied away from "Batmaning" characters and try to limit the number of titles characters have (notice I said 'titles' and not 'teams').

Tohoma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vance_astro: In terms of over exposure and popularity he is.

tupiaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mitran said:

@tupiaz said:

@mitran said:

Spider-Man isn't underrated, but I don't know if he's overused... he's technically on a crap load of teams, but he didn't really appear in the books. He has two titles (SSM and Team-Up) and appears prominently in Mighty Avengers... more exposure than most characters, but not sickening if you don't like him.

SSM is double shipped so there is an extra issue.

That's still hardly what I'd call overexposure.

Three monthlies had several spider-man family books up to lately (Venom and Scarlet Spider-Man) and they will probably come back in a relaunch that is pretty much. It is not on the Batman (which has thirteen family books if I remember correctly) level but on a Super-man/Green Lantern level. Is it overexposure? Maybe not but it is a lot. I think it would be better to branch out in other directions of the family Black cat, Venom, Scarlet spider-man, Spider-Man 2099 rather than another book with Spock).

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15  Edited By HumanRocket

DC takes the safe approach to things which is why there's no WW movie or Martin Manhunter movie. They want to have security and know they will get back their money so they decide to make a couple of more bankable Batman films.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#16  Edited By Fallschirmjager

DC takes the safe approach to things which is why there's no WW movie or Martin Manhunter movie. They want to have security and know they will get back their money so they decide to make a couple of more bankable Batman films.

Marvel is doing the same thing. You don't see a Ms Marvel confirmed yet do you?

We're almost 10 movies in before we're getting something risky like GotG. And we'll be like 12+ movies in when Ant-Man comes.

Jack Donaghy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Op please never make another thread ever again.

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanrocket said:

Marvel is doing the same thing. You don't see a Ms Marvel confirmed yet do you?

We're almost 10 movies in before we're getting something risky like GotG. And we'll be like 12+ movies in when Ant-Man comes.

Marvel could really do something like a Ms Marvel movie without first establish what they have done so far. Could they have done something like a Ant Man before the Avengers? sure would have been successful idk. But DC is just getting there cinamatic universe set up something Marvel established back in 2007 with Iron Man. DC content is everywhere. You have Superman films Batman films The Arrow show that do not share the same Universe which is what Marvel has done with their films and Agents of Shield. It allows Marvel to expand their Universe and gives them new stories to tell like Guardian and Inhumans and Ant Man. But i do feel if Superman/Batman does well and if they get there television shows like the upcoming Flash tv series that they can do just as well or even better to what Marvel has going on.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marvel could really do something like a Ms Marvel movie without first establish what they have done so far. Could they have done something like a Ant Man before the Avengers? sure would have been successful idk. But DC is just getting there cinamatic universe set up something Marvel established back in 2007 with Iron Man. DC content is everywhere. You have Superman films Batman films The Arrow show that do not share the same Universe which is what Marvel has done with their films and Agents of Shield. It allows Marvel to expand their Universe and gives them new stories to tell like Guardian and Inhumans and Ant Man. But i do feel if Superman/Batman does well and if they get there television shows like the upcoming Flash tv series that they can do just as well or even better to what Marvel has going on.

They actually gave GL a try, but unlike Marvel DC is owned by only WB, so when it failed the chance of a WW or Flash movie were temporarily postponed.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And guys don't let @thorson fool you, he secretly loves Batman, he just can't resist the Batcharm.

Dabee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thorson said:

Can you even name 500 DC characters?

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy: sits and patiently awaits Flash 2016 :/

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PapiNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@rustyroy said:

And guys don't let @thorson fool you, he secretly loves Batman, he just can't resist the Batcharm.

QFT!

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@dctv3363 said:

@thorson said:

Money.

Subjective.

No more ludicrous than anything else in comics. It's fiction. It doesn't have to make sense, it just has to be consistent (Which I'll admit Batman sometimes has a problem with).

Also what does Batman being overused by DC have to do with Spider-Man being underused by Marvel?

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By w0nd
@thorson said:

at one point spider-man was on two avengers teams, the future foundation, and was appearing in team up issues. He had several books out at the same time at one point he has had numerous cartoon shows over the year movies, and a rebooted movie. How is spider-man underrated? He is one of the poster boys, one of the marvel knights....

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

also this. the 90's is a clusterf***

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By RustyRoy

@toplel said:

@thorson said:

So you're saying that Ludacris is actually Batman? Then who the hell is Bruce Wayne?

lol

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@toplel said:

@thorson said:

So you're saying that Ludacris is actually Batman? Then who the hell is Bruce Wayne?

Bruce Wayne is Lil Wayne!

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Interesting

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dctv3363 said:

@thorson said:

Money.

Subjective.

i believe he is asking why isnt spider-man on the same level as batman in regards to be used more. honestly the only spidey book i read was one more day wich was good imo despite people hating it and i think marvel's biggest cash cow or batman if you will is wolverine.

Avatar image for marionettegeist
Marionettegeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Marionettegeist

@cameron83 said:

@dctv3363 said:

@thorson said:

Money.

Subjective.

i believe he is asking why isnt spider-man on the same level as batman in regards to be used more. honestly the only spidey book i read was one more day wich was good imo despite people hating it and i think marvel's biggest cash cow or batman if you will is wolverine.

I'm just saying it seems weird to bring Batman into the conversation at all. Of course this was before I knew who THORSON was.

Rouflex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

...This.