Deathstroke & Lobo, worth or not?

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

Since convergence started I haven't really been buying anything, I'm mostly only interested in Superman & Action Comics ones, the main event I plan to get in paper trades, the others at a later time.

So to fill that void I was thinking of Lobo & Deathstroke, they're so similar, both assassins & best in their own fields, as well as starting in the same month & fighting either Batman or Superman in the first 6 issues.

So the question, is Deathstroke at least as good as his previous New 52 series,or better, and is this new Lobo any good? I have no problem with them changing Lobo, since the old look didn't really fit with the times anymore, but he didn't really impress me in Supergirl, and my dilemma for Deathrstroke, Tony Daniels writing hasn't been that great since the New 52 started, like Hawkman, that was just ugh! ( still really love his art tho )

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@2cool4fun: I read a couple of issues of Lobo. Interested in getting it in Trades down the line. If you're a Lobo purist, it's probably not for you, but it's worth picking up if you just want something cool to read, I would say.

kilowog52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By kilowog52

I haven't been reading Tony Daniel's Deathstroke, but so far I'm finding Cullen Bunn's Lobo series pretty sub-par.

TheArchon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tony Daniel's New 52 Deathstroke is actually pretty pretty good. Was actually surprised when I picked it up. Just give it a try. It's a good read.

Titanbreaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I've enjoyed Deathstroke so far, the art and action are both amazing and have found the story interesting. I was pleased to see many other DC assassins added into the mix like Bronze tiger and Lady Shiva along with some newcomers and get some good insight into the mind of Slade Wilson as assassin, father and fighter.

Kal'smahboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

Lobo has been pretty boring. The old character is gone, and the new one is pretty formulaic, so far. I read the entire first arc, and I wasn't impressed enough to continue.

vinomonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Deathstroke is pretty awesome.. I'm really excited on the upcoming God Killer Arc.

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Not many comments, but sounds like I should pick it up I guess.

I swear tho, these 2 comics are so freaking similar haha, they're even getting an annual in the same month, in which they'll both be fighting people from a different comic book ^_^

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

Lobo scrapped the GotG wannabe crew and Bunn said the upcoming arc will be more of a violent mystery story trying to find who destroyed Czarnia. I'm going to give in an other shot, but his first arc was horrendous, the GotG wannabes really pissed me off and were forced as hell into the story.

From the little I've read about Deathstroke, it looked alright, but I dropped it and decided to trade wait. Daniel said that SM/WW will be appearing in his next arc, so I will be checking it out.

Rabidwolfdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

If you're into Anti-Heroes who don't care what people think about them and kick all kinds of ass Lobo and Deathstroke fit the bill.

As said before , Lobo purist hate it but there missing out on a fun & bloody galactic book.

And Deathstroke , one of my favorite comics