Ben Affleck could save Batman/Superman movie

LyraFay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 12

Ben Affleck, I know you either hate him or don't mind him. But he could actually help Batman/Superman be an better film. No director rejects an actor's idea, so he could speak from an fan's perspective since he is an fan of both characters. Feel free to agree or disagree.

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

He could just write the screenplay.

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

Man of Steel was a near perfect Superman film in my opinion. It looks like Snyder and Nolan know what they're doing......I hope.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Man of Steel was a near perfect Superman film in my opinion. It looks like Snyder and Nolan know what they're doing......I hope.

This.

Avatar image for marionettegeist
Marionettegeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Marionettegeist

@lyrafay said:

Ben Affleck, I know you either hate him or don't mind him. But he could actually help Batman/Superman be an better film. No director rejects an actor's idea, so he could speak from an fan's perspective since he is an fan of both characters. Feel free to agree or disagree.

This and the fact that he's an award winning director are two reasons I actually really like the fact the he was chosen.

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 30

Yeah I like the idea of him being more than just an actor for the movie.

flashrobin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pokeysteve: Nolan dropped out..He isn't apart of Batman vs. Superman anymore...Nolan has no interest in expanding the DC Universe.

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

tec79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree that Affleck will be very good for Batman vs. Superman, I would like to see him get a chance to direct a Batman solo film in the future.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Agreed, Affleck should help Snyder to write and direct the movie, his inputs can make the movie much better than MoS.

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11  Edited By HumanRocket

Like I said a hundred times I hope Ben can protest a great Bruce/Batman to rub it in the faces of all the people who complained and raged over him

Being picked.

Blackdog2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Blackdog2009

There is nothing to 'help'. Your title implies that the movie (which isn't even remotely out yet) needs help. Mos was an awesome film. I expect the sequel will be even more awesome with Batman in it.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#13  Edited By joshmightbe

@lyrafay: Lots of directors don't listen to actors, Hitchcock barely treated his actors like people and didn't give a single f**k what they had to say. That being said Snyder seems a lot more open to collaboration and Affleck's Oscars probably carry some weight with WB so his suggestions are likely to be given a lot more consideration than they would have been back before he won them.

MideonNViscera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well Hitchcock is Hitchcock, whereas Snyder is Snyder. Pretty sure Ben Affleck has him beat at his own job.

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

let me start off by saying before yes i did spaz out about this news but and theres a huuuuuuuuge but. i happened to see runner runner wich has ben in it but as a villain. let me just say this......... my opinion of him as changed and i think he will bring a fantastic bruce wayne. i still have to watch the town and argo.

i will say though even justin timberlake was good opisite of ben in runner runner. its all about the scripting so

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#16  Edited By ULTRAstarkiller

Maybe

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe

i say see runner runner. itll change your mind. if ben brings what he did from that movie into the batman role holy shit he will be great. and thats coming from someone who was anti ben but im slowly becoming a fan

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#18  Edited By ULTRAstarkiller
2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#19  Edited By 2cool4fun

@lyrafay said:

One of the reasons his even in the movie is cause they wanted him to direct a justice league movie, but he only directs movies in which he acts.

@pokeysteve: Nolan dropped out..He isn't apart of Batman vs. Superman anymore...Nolan has no interest in expanding the DC Universe.

He didn't drop out, he just took on a smaller role cause
he is too busy with his brother on there new movie, which by the looks of it will be amazing!
Batman_Origins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Ben is a perfect choice for the batman role. And I hope Nolan is not involved much in this sequel. MOS story was really not so great and I want to see how they'd make batman vs Superman movie without Nolan's involvement!

Nerd Of A Hero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 2

Loading Video...

ForeverEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By ForeverEvil

i cant stand ben affleck. this casting is almost as bad as tobey freaking mcguire or topher grace for venom. these casting directors must be on crack

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

I am not that sceptical about him playing Batman or being part of the cast because I don't mind him that much.I haven't seen that much movies with him recently so I can't say how good is his act but I've heard that he has become better.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

He is gonna be great

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tdk_1997 said:

I am not that sceptical about him playing Batman or being part of the cast because I don't mind him that much.I haven't seen that much movies with him recently so I can't say how good is his act but I've heard that he has become better.

i am curious if he will have any say over the direction of the picture. and who knows maybe him helping behind the camera will deliver?

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#26  Edited By fodigg

He's basically doing WB a favor by being in this film. His career is riding very high right now.

slopoke36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By slopoke36
TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By TDK_1997

@tdk_1997 said:

i am curious if he will have any say over the direction of the picture. and who knows maybe him helping behind the camera will deliver?

He will probably give Snyder some advices or Snyder will take notes for him,no doubt.But I don't think he will do such a big job behind the camera as we think.

Avatar image for spideyivydaredevilfan26
SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 41

No...Liev Schrieber would be the best Batman.

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tdk_1997 said:

@tazzmission said:

@tdk_1997 said:

He will probably give Snyder some advices or Snyder will take notes for him,no doubt.But I don't think he will do such a big job behind the camera as we think.

dc is in the ben buisness and lets be honest people rave about him being a great director right? ive yet to still see the town or even argo so i cant judge those and if thats the case maybe thats not such a bad idea afterall. the only movie recently i saw him in was runner runner and i thought it was awesome and he played a amazing bad guy and if he can bring what he did in that to bruce wayne and as a hero he will be a fantastic batman hands down.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tdk_1997 said:

@tazzmission said:

@tdk_1997 said:

dc is in the ben buisness and lets be honest people rave about him being a great director right? ive yet to still see the town or even argo so i cant judge those and if thats the case maybe thats not such a bad idea afterall. the only movie recently i saw him in was runner runner and i thought it was awesome and he played a amazing bad guy and if he can bring what he did in that to bruce wayne and as a hero he will be a fantastic batman hands down.

I really haven't seen a movie with him for a couple of years so I can't judge his acting skills anymore and also I haven't seen any of his films in which he is the director - so I can't judge here either.I really want him to be a good Batman and to have a better Batvoice than Bale but I am still a little sceptical about it.

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By TazzMission

@tdk_1997 said:

@tazzmission said:

@tdk_1997 said:

@tazzmission said:

@tdk_1997 said:

I really haven't seen a movie with him for a couple of years so I can't judge his acting skills anymore and also I haven't seen any of his films in which he is the director - so I can't judge here either.I really want him to be a good Batman and to have a better Batvoice than Bale but I am still a little sceptical about it.

this might piss off alot of the fans but im putting my faith in snyder and ben. and again ben knows alot of people dont like him so maybe just maybe he will do everything in his power to prove those haters wrong with the script? even you have to admit that is a lot of pressure for any actor.

he talked about it on fallon

Loading Video...

CuddleBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By CuddleBear
Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

ForeverEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By ForeverEvil
the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 the_stegman  Moderator
Loading Video...

Dr_Harlequin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Dr_Harlequin

Holy Moly, This thread is so positive. No one is going to ask questions LIKE:

• No one's worried that Affleck will overshadow Cavill in his own sequel? (In both billing and roll?)
  • Or that the fact that he was approached after other actors refused the roll and his directing talent might not be the reason he's in?
  • Or that the director/writer is confident to not ask Affleck for advice?
  • Or that he might not pull a Ledger with this movie because he might have given everything we've seen in his acting spectrum?
  • Or that people (including Affleck) will be reluctant just because of peoples bias towards Ben Affleck?
  • Or Affleck might have gotten in just because of Hollywood relations?
  • Or his vision of how Batman should be might not be in the movie's best interests if such advice were given?
  • OR what if the cowl reminds the audience of Dare Devil when looking at Affleck's chin?

I'm not hating or anything, but I got to be at least a tiny bit skeptical.

Edit: And in my honest opinion, saying Man of Steel was near perfect is overrating it and not addressing problems won't help the sequel.

Edit 2: Oh God. I don't know if I want to see Ben Affleck kick Henry Cavill's Super Behind...

Loading Video...

No Harley, That's Ben Affleck playing Bruce Wayne...if he does it well.

Edit 3: Off-topic but I really hope IHop isn't involved in the story this time...or my head is going to spin.

Like Zod's.

Avatar image for thecheesestabber
TheCheeseStabber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

@lyrafay said:

Wooooow Woooow

You're saying Supermans in this movie? O.o

With all the Affleck and Batman wanking I didn't even know that the film is supposed to be centrally focused on Bats or Affleck. (A fine actor)

Avatar image for marionettegeist
Marionettegeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Marionettegeist

@dr_harlequin said:

Holy Moly, This thread is so positive. No one is going to ask questions LIKE?:

• No one's worried that Affleck will overshadow Cavill in his own sequel?
  • Yeah, hopefully not.
  • Are we going to have to see Ben Affleck kick Henry Cavill's super buns?
  • I think he'll get a few hits in but Superman will ultimately win.
  • Or that the fact that he was approached after other actors refused the roll and his directing talent might not be the reason he's in?
  • Doesn't matter if it wasn't the reason he was picked, it could still help the film.
  • From what I've heard Snyder likes to get input from his actors.
  • Or that he might not pull a Ledger with this movie because he might have given everything we've seen in his acting spectrum?
  • I don't even think he's that bad of an actor nowadays.
  • Or that people (including Affleck) will be reluctant just because of peoples bias towards Ben Affleck?
  • Does anyone other than people complaining about Daredevil even have an Affleck bias?
  • Possibly, but I think WB cares enough about their potential franchise (read: money) to pick someone they think will do the part well.
  • Or his vision of how Batman should be might not be in the movie's best interests if such advice were given?
  • Well he's a huge Batman comic fan so that's a plus, but we really don't know what his advice would be so point noted. Snyder has the ultimate say though so it's really his vision that matters the most.

Edit: And in my honest opinion, saying Man of Steel was near perfect is overrating it and not addressing problems won't help the sequel.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By deaditegonzo

@dr_harlequin said:

Holy Moly, This thread is so positive. No one is going to ask questions LIKE:

• No one's worried that Affleck will overshadow Cavill in his own sequel? (In both billing and roll?)
  • OR what if the cowl reminds the audience of Dare Devil when looking at Affleck's chin?

Edit 2: Oh God. I don't know if I want to see Ben Affleck kick Henry Cavill's Super Behind...

Loading Video...

No Harley, That's Ben Affleck playing Bruce Wayne...If he does it well.

1. Batman will almost certainly overshadow Superman. However, I doubt Affleck will have much to do with that, he doesnt have that sort of presence, imo.
  2. He's not really my kind of director anyway. Who passed on the role, I hadnt heard?
  3. See Above.
  4. I think DC is planning on going for the much more Comic Book-y Batman, and im pretty sure thats in Afflecks range (even counting DareDevil).
  5. Other than us nerds, most people dont dwell on the past. This is why im sure even Reynolds could work again as GL.
  6. I think this is a certainty actually.
  7. This is one half of the big question isnt it? The other half being, what if the script and plot are bad themselves?
  8. See number 5.

See, for me Man of Steel was the perfect comic book movie, the best CBM yet. If Superman/Batman is as entertaining and fulfilling as MoS, but also succeeds in showing Batman & Superman together and booting the DCCU, I couldnt be any happier, literally.

Edit: Batman will almost certainly clean Superman's clock, and this is one of my fears.

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

No...Liev Schrieber would be the best Batman.

0_____________________O

Where do you get these?

Tyrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He could save the film for simply being a big name and good actor. What he does with Batman I don't know, but yes, in general I believe he can save the film.

Rouflex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

The last movie Ben affleck was in was a huge lie Argo, just ask the Canadians. Did he won a price? That's silly.