Confirmed: Disney Infinity 3.0 to Feature Star Wars [Update]

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

Disney Infinity 2.0 sort of just wrapped up. We saw the release of Falcon and Loki. Having defeated all the missions in the games, we were left wondering what would be next. Surely a 3.0 version would have to be next. There were rumblings about Star Wars being added to the mix. This is something that makes perfect sense considering Disney owns the Star Wars characters and the fact that this is a pretty big year for the franchise.

Our wishes have been heard and have come true. Game Informer has the reveal on their latest cover.

No Caption Provided

An official press release from Disney Infinity is coming (we'll update later). According to Game Informer, there will be a couple different Star Wars missions. There will be one, Twilight of the Republic, set after Episode II with Anakin and Ahsoka. Obi-Wan, Yoda, and even Darth Maul will come into play. There will also be a Rise Against the Empire playset set during the classic trilogy with Luke, Leia, Han, Chewie, and of course Darth Vader. The battle of Yavin, time on Hoth and Tatooine will also come in.

Another Star Wars playset will be available in the winter based on Star Wars: The Force Awakens.

But that's not all. Disney and Marvel fans have more to look forward to. You may have noticed a couple other characters in the image above. According to Game Informer:

There are also sets based on Pixar’s Inside Out – with figures based on Joy, Disgust, Anger, Fear, and Sadness – and one from United Front Games (Sleeping Dogs) focused on Marvel characters including Hulkbuster Iron Man, Ultron, and more. Additional figures for Disney Infinity 3.0 include Mickey and Minnie Mouse, Sam Flynn and Quorra from Tron: Legacy, Mulan, Olaf, and more.

All this information and more will be in the June issue. Disney Infinity 3.0 is coming to PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC, Wii U, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, iOS, and Android this fall. The Starter Pack is priced at $64.99. New Power Discs are also coming, with a "twist": They won't be in blind bags anymore. You can see what you're getting before you buy them.

Check out the trailer for more glimpses at the figures.

Update

Disney Infinity has released an official Star Wars trailer.

New images have also been released.

Press Release

Disney Interactive today announced that the Star Warsuniverse will join Disney, Disney•Pixar and Marvel in Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition – the latest installment of the best-selling “hybrid toy / video game” of 2014. The Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition Starter Pack will be available this fall at a suggested retail price of $64.99, and Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition promises to deliver kids and families with a wider breadth of content and variety of gameplay than ever offered from Disney Infinity, including:

· Three Star Wars Play Sets, oneset in the timeline of Episodes I-III, the second set during the original trilogy, Episodes IV-VI, and the third available this winter based on Star Wars™: The Force Awakens™

· AdditionalPlay Sets offering distinct gameplay and environments, including a Disney•Pixar Play Set based on the upcoming film Inside Out,and a Marvel Play Set featuring Hulkbuster Iron Man, Ultron, and other Marvel characters

· A fully enhanced Toy Box with two new multiplayer Toy Box Expansion Games, Toy Box Speedway (kart racing)and Toy Box Takeover (action-adventure)

· More figures of fan-favorite characters from across The Walt Disney Company, like Mickey and Minnie, Sam Flynn and Quorra from Tron: Legacy, Mulan and Olaf, among many others

Disney Infinity is the only game where fans can play with Disney, Pixar, Marvel and Star Wars characters together in one experience,” said James Pitaro, President, Disney Interactive. “We worked closely with Lucasfilm to deliver an authentic Star Wars game experience, featuring some of the most iconic stories and characters from the past, present and future.”

Each of the Star Wars Play Sets offers distinct experiences, with varied gameplay, environments and characters. The Star Wars: Twilight of the Republic Play Set takes place in the height of the Jedi’s powers, where players will use the Force™ and Lightsabers™ in epic battles and master their combat skills alongside Ahsoka Tano, Anakin Skywalker, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda and Darth Maul. The Star Wars: Rise Against the Empire Play Set will take players on galaxy-spanning missions with Luke Skywalker, Princess Leia Organa, Han Solo, Chewbacca and Darth Vader, piloting X-wing fighters or the Millennium Falcon to fight stormtroopers, or exploring and partaking in land-based missions on planets like Tatooine, Hoth, and Endor. Additionally, fans will have the unique opportunity to play with all of the Star Wars characters in all of the Star Wars Play Sets.

Star Wars is a cross-generational franchise, and Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition creates an incredible opportunity for families and fans to relive their favorite Star Wars moments,” said John Blackburn, Senior Vice President and General Manager of Disney Infinity. “With the addition of Star Wars, Inside Out and new Disney and Marvel characters, Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition will be the most ambitious and diverse offering yet and also the most accessible, with a lower suggested retail price for this year’s Starter Pack.”

Disney Infinity 3.0Edition will also introduce an all-new, 3-D Toy Box Hub that will make it easier for players to choose from a wider selection of gameplay experiences - including platform, racing, and farming simulation games. Two new multiplayer Toy Box Expansion Games will bring action-adventure gameplay in Toy Box Takeover and kart racing in Toy Box Speedway, where kids and families can play with popular Disney, Disney•Pixar, Marvel and Star Wars characters together in a structured setting.

Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition is being developed by Avalanche Software in partnership with Ninja Theory, Sumo Digital, Studio Gobo and United Front Games, and will be available for the PlayStation®4 and PlayStation®3 computer entertainment systems, Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system and Xbox 360 games and entertainment system from Microsoft, the Wii U™ system from Nintendo, PC and iOS and Android devices.

The Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition Starter Pack will include the Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition Base and video game software, the Star Wars: Twilight of the Republic Play Set, Ahsoka Tano and Anakin Skywalker character figures, and a web code card that unlocks content for PC and mobile devices. Other Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition Play Sets, figures, and Toy Box Expansion Games will be sold separately.

All figures and Power Discs from the 1.0 and 2.0 editions of Disney Infinity will be compatible with Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition in the enhanced Toy Box and, for the first time, Power Discs will be sold in labeled franchise-specific packs of four. Additional Disney, Disney•Pixar, Marvel and Star Wars figures and Play Sets will be announced in the coming months.

noj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By noj

OH NO!!! More things I have to buy! why did it have to be STAR WARS!?!? I probably need obi wan (old and young if available), vader, maul, and anakin at least! Oh AND Luke of course. The only infinity characters I have right now are Venom, and the Avengers big 3!

Sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Infinity 2.0 was OK...I wanted more out of the content. Still, I liked it enough and I like my special edition display.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am so insanely excited for this.

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#4 inferiorego  Staff

"Our bench is deep, bro"

It truly is, bro

Mr. Kamikaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I like the figures, so that'll be exciting. The game itself left much to be desired...I was bored so quickly. But I still buy figures cause they're so well made and look cool.

I was actually so close to buying 2.0 on the PS4 last night (I have it on the Wii U). I'm glad I didn't, and now I won't. I'll just wait for this (assuming the old figures and power base work with 3.0...but I don't see why not).

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mr__kamikaze: You'd need the game disc too for 2.0 to fully play those levels I believe. But you can use anyone in the Toy Box areas.

Surza7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sammo21: yea 2.0 was alright just didn't last long honestly.I love the figures though and love my Collectors Edition stand,3.0 may be pretty awesome with the Wars

Sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Sammo21

@surza7: Yeah, and I was a little bummed the story content had no online co-op. I was told by a couple of the devs on Twitter last year that with how the game works that it was impossible to due...hopefully that's changed for this new stuff.

Avatar image for 12_percent_of_a_plan
12_Percent_Of_A_Plan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, looks like I'll be getting this game when I get my new Xbox One.

Mr. Kamikaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@g_man: That is probably the thing that bugs me the most about Infinity, honestly. The fact that I can't use anyone I want in the playsets. I'd be fine if they limit the character choices, at first, but after I beat the playset they should open it up to some kind of "Free play" mode where I can be anyone.

I don't have a lot of fun with the Toy Box, so my Disney figures get little use. Well, any figure that isn't an Avengers gets little use.

If not that, then they should at least provide other modes and playable options to use any character in, so we aren't just relying on whatever we can find or make in the Toy Box. I hope 3.0 fixes these issues.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mr__kamikaze: The beauty of the toy box is you can create your own worlds for any of the characters. My daughter has gone nuts with making a bunch of stuff. There's also the online community's content. You can download user created games and use pretty much any of the characters. So in a sense, you can use your characters together.

Bl00dwerK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 Bl00dwerK  Online

Still no X-Men. Disney is jerks...

Avatar image for stmichalofwilson
StMichalofWilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 107

Awesomesauce!

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

Please have a Boba Fett character! :O

I'm glad they went with Obi Wan from the Clone Wars and not Ben Kenobi.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Joe Quesada said at comic new york last year they want to have the FF and X-Men but can't right now for legal reasons.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

New trailer, images, and info added.

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

heard there isn't much in the form of content (missions) otherwise i love to get vader or maul and wolverine or another cool marvel character lol

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 137

My body is ready

DarthDanMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm somewhat torn now between this and Lego Dimensions. But Dimensions has Lego, DC and Lord of the Rings while Infinity really only has the pull of Star Wars on me. Who am I kidding, I'll probably end up getting Infinity as well once it's cheaper.

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@g_man: finally!!! Someone understands.

My body is ready

d9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

Lol, I new they'd do this a long time ago!! (mostly because Tony said they would)

IrishX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

ParaChomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not surprised. Getting Clone Wars vibes from the Star Wars designs (not a bad thing).

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Teerack

@irishx said:
@teerack said:
@bl00dwerk said:

Joe Quesada said at comic new york last year they want to have the FF and X-Men but can't right now for legal reasons.

Got a link to show that? I have one here that says they can.

http://infinityinquirer.com/2014/08/23/yes-x-men-can-be-in-disney-infinity/

I'm sure there is a video of the panel online somewhere maybe? It was at the 2014 NYCC Disney Infinity panel. It was in the Q&A. I was there so I never had to look it up. /shrug.

Bl00dwerK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Bl00dwerK  Online
gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By gmanfromheck

@teerack said:
@irishx said:
@teerack said:
@bl00dwerk said:

I'm sure there is a video of the panel online somewhere maybe? It was at the 2014 NYCC Disney Infinity panel. It was in the Q&A. I was there so I never had to look it up. /shrug.

I also asked John Vignocchi if we could see X-Men and FF characters HERE.

CV: This might be something else you can’t talk about but could we see the possibility of seeing the line expand to characters from the comics not in the animated series or movies? Like where do the Fantastic Four or X-Men fit in?

JV: The answer to that is it really comes down to Marvel’s priorities. We’re willing to support Marvel’s priorities in any way that we can. So if there was ever an opportunity to integrate those types of characters, because that’s what their priority was as a business, we’d love to support Marvel in any way we can.

theMightyMODOK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

Yes! And now all I need is money...

Avatar image for the_greatest_username
The_Greatest_Username

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope they add some more girl Marvel characters this time, like maybe Captain Marvel, Wasp, or Scarlet Witch. That was one of my biggest disappointments from last time. Still, I love Star Wars and I will definitely be getting all of the Original Trilogy figures. I'm interested to see how they do Olaf, too.

Bl00dwerK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Bl00dwerK  Online

@g_man said:
@teerack said:
@irishx said:
@teerack said:
@bl00dwerk said:

CV: This might be something else you can’t talk about but could we see the possibility of seeing the line expand to characters from the comics not in the animated series or movies? Like where do the Fantastic Four or X-Men fit in?

JV: The answer to that is it really comes down to Marvel’s priorities. We’re willing to support Marvel’s priorities in any way that we can. So if there was ever an opportunity to integrate those types of characters, because that’s what their priority was as a business, we’d love to support Marvel in any way we can.

I remember reading that. Sounds like a round-about way of saying it's Marvel's fault. Could it be that Disney would if Marvel wanted them to? Marvel's fault, maybe?

EvilPenguin543

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Tron! Oh, and Star Wars too. But more importantly: Tron!

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

If they include characters from Star Wars: Rebels, like Kanan, Ezra, Hera, etc. I'd totally get the Star Wars version.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@g_man said:
@teerack said:
@irishx said:
@teerack said:
@bl00dwerk said:

I remember reading that. Sounds like a round-about way of saying it's Marvel's fault. Could it be that Disney would if Marvel wanted them to? Marvel's fault, maybe?

Ah okay. That makes sense because I remember his phrasing at the time was intentionally vague and he said "there are some reasons for why we can't use some of those characters." I just assumed it was a legal issue, but after seeing that it sounds more like a corporate issue.

Rijehu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I understand the hype for the Star Wars themes and other franchises but at the same time...this is DISNEY INFINITY. They have yet to give us some original character Play Sets. These are the characters that started it all in the first place. I would love to have a massive Stitch based world or some Gravity Falls type Play Sets but they are too busy catering to every other franchise that they don't spend any time on the Original Play Sets that people actually want to play. Its boring having to play in toy boxes built by others because you have to shift through hundreds of boxes to find one you actually want to play in. On top of that, none of the originals have crossover coins so you can't have Stitch or Maleficent or Hiro in any Play Sets like the Avengers or Spiderman or GOTG (obviously).

It just sucks that we will get world for Marvel and Star-wars but not the characters we actually wanted from the start...but I will enjoy it for what it is. Also, I want Galen Marek.

Maddpanda531

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, now I really have to get Disney Infinity. Nearly did with the Marvel expansion, but now that they have Marvel and Star Wars? I need it

Cave_Duck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So do you need to buy the whole pack with a base for the figures again? Or is it like the Spiderman playset for example? Just figures and a token/ world-thingy?

If its a whole new setup I'm not going to be too interested, as my 2.0 base is currently a huge dust-magnet...

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

@rijehu: So Toy Story, Pirates of the Carribean, The Incredibles, and Monster University don't count?

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cave_duck: you don't have t get the starter pack but you do need the new game disc and the playset pieces. You can use your old base and figures though.

Winter_Kills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope they include the Winter Soldier & Ant-Man(both as playable characters!) in this version(was bummed they had Bucky in team-up but not playable), and Vision and Scarlet Witch.

Winter_Kills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh yeah, I forgot a major one- Daredevil! He's in the MCU now, c'mon Disney make it happen!

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Trodorne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 15

@teerack said:
@bl00dwerk said:
@g_man said:
@teerack said:
@irishx said:
@teerack said:
@bl00dwerk said:

Ah okay. That makes sense because I remember his phrasing at the time was intentionally vague and he said "there are some reasons for why we can't use some of those characters." I just assumed it was a legal issue, but after seeing that it sounds more like a corporate issue.

leave it to the big mouse to ruin the fun for everyone because they don't want to "promote" people to buying x-men and FF. but don't worry folks we don't need mutants anymore, we got INHUMANS to fill the temporary plot void.

UltimAXE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mickey Mouse, of all characters, looks horrible in that art style. That's pretty funny.

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ultimaxe: really? I think he looks fine. Opinions I guess.

Winter_Kills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@winter_kills: vision is in it

Awesome. He'll be pretty cool to use, I don't think he's been in a game since Captain America and the Avengers, and you really gotta take a trip with the way-back machine for that one...or just to my house, anyway lol

Rijehu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Rijehu

@avenging_x_bolt: Not really, because 1.0 is now near obsolete and none of them were actual play sets in 2.0 and the game wouldn't even let you port them. If they don't want to create individual worlds for Disney Original characters, then they need to create one massive Play Set mission with something for everybody in which you can accomplish the entire story mode using any of your favorite characters.

Or they could just create Marvel infinity and Star Wars Infinity and have separate themed games all together.

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

@rijehu: I'm pretty sure they still count as Disney characters but I understand your points about the 1.0 figures. Hopefully Disney will do something about that. I'd have to disagree about one massive playset as that defeat the whole "creativity" aspect of the game. However they are addressing it to a point with the Toy Box expansion thing which sounds promising.

Rijehu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avenging_x_bolt: Those definitely do count as Disney Characters, but they were mostly from Disney Pixar Movies, not the actual several cartoon characters we knew of before. But just hear me out (or see in this case)

When I say one massive Play Set, I didn't mean for it to be the "sole" objective of the game, it can just be the game's featured adventure which takes you through all of the Character themed worlds with a specific goal in each one while also letting you free roam. This way, each Disney Character can play in any other world including Marvel and Star Wars without needing crossover tokens. I personally would love for my favorite Character (Stitch) to help out the Avengers or fight alongside Yoda in an actual Play Set, but I know that will not happen without the game being programmed as such.

I guess what I'm saying is, they should give every player an opportunity to play as anyone, alongside anyone, INSIDE a Play Set designed to allow us to do so.

You still have the individual Play Sets for specific characters and Franchises, but this one would be a massive collage with certain aspects of all of the available Play Sets. Think of Skyrim's main journey, and implement that level of quest into a main Disney Infinity mission. It can be called The Infinite Quest or something. This is where you can actually travel throughout the entire DI universe and complete multiple Play Set missions (with or without friends) with the characters of that respective franchise. You can unlock themes, packs, and prizes, and characters as you get further into the mission. The ultimate Boss enemy can be a series of foes or one massive individual. They can be creative. The ultimate prize can be whatever...

Of Course you will still have the creative aspect because you can still build worlds and even play inside specific Play Sets with the respective characters to enjoy their main storyline. You also still have whatever improvements and updates 3.0 will have. You will just have more variety and the chance to cross characters over into worlds they otherwise wouldn't be able to enter.