• 53 results
inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff

Is it next year yet? I say that because, like most of you, I blazed through the first season of Daredevil, on Netflix, way too fast. After all is said and done, fans want more and while it's awesome that a second season is already coming our way next year, there's a lot of things that everyone is going to want to see.

We already talked about some of the best moments, but now let's discuss what we hope to see in this next season. We could pick any of the million things from Daredevil's world, but we're going to play it safe and just stick with things that have already been set up on the show.

Warning: There's going to be some spoilers for the first season here.

Main Characters' Relationships Deepen

No Caption Provided

As the first season came to a close, two relationships started to blossom on the show: Foggy & Karen and Matt & Claire. These relationships weren't on the forefront of the first season, but it was a nice backbone to the season which helped viewers get inside the head of these characters.

Instead of doing what we normally expect from television shows now-a-days, which is killing someone off (not Karen please, see below), why not build the relationships between these characters a little bit more? Sure, put them through their trials and tribulations, but this is something the audience needs to see in order to have a full, complete show that's more than a guy in a mask, running around, hitting people with sticks.

Bullseye

MOON KNIGHT #3 Cover by Alex Maleev
MOON KNIGHT #3 Cover by Alex Maleev

This one is a no brainer, right? Bullseye is easily Daredevil's top villain. In the comics, he can turn almost anything into a deadly weapon and he has almost super-human aim. In fact, he's even bitten off his own finger nails and spit them at people in order to kill them. Yeah, that's pretty dang nuts.

Putting Bullseye onto the show would not be hard. All you have to do is have Kingpin hire him to get revenge on Daredevil. Why should he be on this show? Well, the first season really dealt with Murdock trying to right the wrongs in Hell's Kitchen. Interjecting a little chaos, and someone going really working on making Murdock's life chaotic could be a really interesting twist. Also, who doesn't want to see Bullseye?

Karen Page Lives on

No Caption Provided

Don't do it. Don't think about it. Don't even try to kill Karen Page. In the world of comic books, Karen Page was Matt Murdock's first love. The comic book version also had a lot of problems, like drug addiction and sell Matt's secret identity away. She eventually died at the hands of Bullseye. The comic book version of Karen Page was many times nothing more than a plot device for Matt Murdock to get motivated. She's a woman in a refrigerator.

The television version of the character is 1,000 times more compelling. She is someone the audience will grow to care about, especially when she and Foggy jump (pun intended) into a relationship with each other. She's that third piece of the Nelson/Mudock/Page team, so seeing her die would ultimately suck, especially since Deborah Ann Woll has been doing such a great job in the role.

The Owl

Chris Samnee's Owl
Chris Samnee's Owl

You're thinking "Leland Owlsly is dead! There is no Owl!" Just wait right there. Throughout the season, Leland did mention that he had a son named "Lee." Now, with Owlsly dead, at the Kingpin's hand, maybe his son will come after him?

There's lots of variations on this character, and sometimes, The Owl gets a little cartoonish. Chris Samnee's interpretation of the character, pictured above, is more like what would work a little bit better for this series. He doesn't have to fly because of his serum and you don't need any real powers for him. What makes The Owl interesting is his role in the power struggle to gain control of Hell's Kitchen. He's not a top dog, but he is a key player.

That Guy Stick was Talking to Explained

No Caption Provided

So who was that guy at the end of the Stick episode? According to the show credits, it's Stone. So who the heck is Stone? Well, he's one of Stick's pupils. He is part of The Chaste and second in command of that ninja group. In the comics, he helped trained both Daredevil and Elektra.

Here's the thing. It's almost like Stick is reporting to Stone, like Stone is the man in charge. We only see Stone once, from the back, for a brief second, but the whole Stick episode sets up something larger that we never get back to, which is fine because it's such a brief moment, but it really makes us wonder what role The Chaste will play in season two of the show.

Turk and Melvin Get Their Own Costumes

No Caption Provided

It's established at the end of season one that Melvin Potter makes some pretty sweet suits, including Daredevil's outfit. We also get to see designs for Gladiator and Stiltman. Melvin seems to be a character who is a bit bullied, so at some point, he's going to have to step up on his own, right? As for Turk, well he's a middleman looking to move up, and the best way to move up is to get a costume, right?

I'm hoping we skip the whole "Turk as Stiltman" piece and go right to Mauler. Then, have Mauler and Gladiator work together. I may be asking for too much, but I think these are the two perfect characters to have as secondary villains, even ones that can be easily defeated. Plus, they've both already been introduced into the show.

Those are somethings we would love to see in season two of this show, but we want to know what you think. Let us know in the comment section what you want out of season two of Daredevil.

dan12456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I've seen a lot of these lists and the thing I haven't seen on any of them is more court room drama. Whenever I'm reading a run I can always tell whether the writer values that side of matts personality or not, and so far the show falls into the "or not" category.

Also please no foggy-Karen relationship, I was dreading that love triangle all season and am finally hopeful it won't happen.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#2 k4tzm4n  Moderator

That Guy Stick was Talking to Explained

Yeaaaaaaaah! I'd love to see the Hand/Chaste conflict spill into New York and serve as the next season's focus. That can bring about Shadowland, Bullseye, Elektra, and they can bust the new Kingpin out of jail.

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think you must have accidentally deleted the section where you talk about introducing Elektra. Unless you want her as the major arc in season 3, after Bullseye is the major arc of season 2.

But hell yes to all the rest of it.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

great list. especially Bullseye

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

I still need to watch this :-\

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#6 inferiorego  Staff

@owie said:

Unless you want her as the major arc in season 3, after Bullseye is the major arc of season 2.

Yes to that. I tried to keep in mind what happened in the first season and wondered, naturally, where it would go from there. Bullseye is pretty easy to throw in, but Elektra is a bit more complex, and she would have to be a whole season on her own

xblah_blahx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Please, please, please KILL Karen Page!! For some reason I just can't stand her character.

BetaRaybdw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

ELEKTRA, nuff said.

lmothander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Elektra

2. Cameos of other characters (Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Punisher, Spiderman)

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

I would like to see a Hand/Chaste Conflict spill into New York. The Hand comes after Matt for Nobu's death, and the Chaste come in to keep them from gaining power in NY.

It would be a great secondary conflict to Matt and Bullseye, and could excellently lead into Matt and Elektra. The Chaste and Murdock fight back the Hand, and the Chaste demands Murdock joins. He refuses, they send Elektra after him.

Avatar image for deactivated-60600b79ed2c5
deactivated-60600b79ed2c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

More blood!

And boobs

DrellAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By DrellAssassin

I think it was clear by the end of the season that Claire and Matt would not be a couple, nor would Foggy and Karen. While Foggy and Karen were flirtatious in the first half, Karen seemed to keep Foggy in the friend zone (please don't anyone tell me that that's a misogynistic phrase, it's not) as the season went on. I would like to see season 2 steer away from romance as much as they did this season, to be honest. The lack of it allowed the female characters to stand on their own two feet rather than being reduced to romance-only scenes.

Also I'll second @dan12456 in saying that I'd love to see more courtroom drama. We only once got to see Matt work his magic in the courtroom, which is a shame because there's a ton of untapped potential there. Charlie Cox has even mentioned the courtroom stuff being one of his favorite parts of the comics, with the White Tiger case from Bendis's run being a standout.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c531e53b02be
deactivated-5c531e53b02be

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

News articles about AoU, More sexy nurse girl and a stronger villain.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 k4tzm4n  Moderator

@owie said:

I think you must have accidentally deleted the section where you talk about introducing Elektra. Unless you want her as the major arc in season 3, after Bullseye is the major arc of season 2.

Even if Elektra isn't in Season 2, at least we still have a great Elektra series to read it'll probably be good.

Avatar image for superior_prime_maybe
superior_prime_maybe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@dan12456: true. more courtroom drama.

also,
Luke Cage
Punisher
Someone as good as Ben Urich

Anjales_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

I think the finale kind of put an end to the whole FoggyxKaren thing since Foggy was getting back together with his ex and Karen seemed to have a crush on Matt and friendzoned Foggy since the beginning anyway.

CurlyInsaneGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Courtroom drama + a Moon Knight cameo/ backdoor pilot in which Matt and Foggy defend Marc Spector in court.

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@owie said:

Unless you want her as the major arc in season 3, after Bullseye is the major arc of season 2.

Yes to that. I tried to keep in mind what happened in the first season and wondered, naturally, where it would go from there. Bullseye is pretty easy to throw in, but Elektra is a bit more complex, and she would have to be a whole season on her own

Yeah, I kind of agree honestly. I think it would be better to build things up. I was glad they at least alluded to her in this season anyway. I have confidence they'll bring in things over time and do it right.

@k4tzm4n said:
@owie said:

Even if Elektra isn't in Season 2, at least we still have a great Elektra series to read it'll probably be good.

Mmm. sad eyes. I am holding out hope that they give her a new series after all this Secret Wars stuff is over, to follow up on the last scene of the last issue. But those creators had hold of a particular creative spark and I'm not sure it could be replicated.

rollingshadow7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stiltman or bust!!!!!!

Avatar image for saiyan_earthling
saiyan_earthling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Elektra
  2. Bullseye
  3. Spider-Man cameo
  4. More easter eggs.
chalkshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

The Punisher. I think Murdock needs to see just how dark a vigilante can get, to keep him on the straight and narrow. It's one of the reasons I think it was so important to have the law take down Fisk, and his network, so Murdock could see that his faith in the law was not misplaced.

With Fisk in prison, a lot of mobsters are going to come out of the woodwork to take his place. Seems like fertile ground to introduce the Punisher.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 k4tzm4n  Moderator

@owie said:
@inferiorego said:
@owie said:

Yeah, I kind of agree honestly. I think it would be better to build things up. I was glad they at least alluded to her in this season anyway. I have confidence they'll bring in things over time and do it right.

@k4tzm4n said:
@owie said:

Mmm. sad eyes. I am holding out hope that they give her a new series after all this Secret Wars stuff is over, to follow up on the last scene of the last issue. But those creators had hold of a particular creative spark and I'm not sure it could be replicated.

Mike Hawthorne, one of the Deadpool artists, teased on Twitter that he's working on a secret project. Sure does seem like it could be Elektra.

xphilsa97x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A Marc Spector/Moon Knight cameo would be awesome!

Avatar image for stmichalofwilson
StMichalofWilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 107

Bullseye would be a great villain for season 2. It would also be cool if Elektra was featured as well.

CurlyInsaneGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n said:
@k4tzm4n said:
@owie said:

Mike Hawthorne, one of the Deadpool artists, teased on Twitter that he's working on a secret project. Sure does seem like it could be Elektra.

Could be, I guess...that pic could be almost anyone. There is a cool Elektra pic in his gallery here, maybe done for fun on his blog or something:

No Caption Provided

Following up on some other users' comments, Moon Knight would also be awesome, but I'm sure we won't see him this season of DD. But I could imagine that he could pop up some time in the future (maybe a Defenders season 2 or something). He would work very well with that concept and was actually a Defender.

PolvoAranha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By PolvoAranha

Am I the ony one who want to see Stilt-Man, Jester, Matador or Stunt-Master in the serie? Typhoid Mary, Bushwacker, Mr. Fear, Death-Staker, Man-Bull, Mr. Hyde (from Agents of Shield) and Purple Man (from AKA Jessica Jones) could appears in the next seasons too.

cmaprice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By cmaprice
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

the_comebacks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 51

A Marc Spector/Moon Knight cameo would be awesome!

I would add to that and say a Moon Knight mini arc (2-3 episodes) would be awesome.

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 70

I'd rather Melvin Potter as Gladiator remain an ally instead of an enemy. The list also needs more...Elektra.

Other than that, sound list.

I will also say though, that, while I view the "Women in Refrigerators" term as complete nonsense, I do have to agree that I don't think killing Karen off in the show is really a good move. Her character hasn't really resonated with me all that much, but even so, it's probably not a necessary thing to do (especially if they ever choose to adapt the Death of Elektra). I would also agree with the other posters here that I could do without a Matt/Foggy/Karen love triangle, even if that did technically happen in the comics...

1. Elektra
  2. Bullseye
  3. Spider-Man cameo
  4. More easter eggs.

I agree with this.

Also I'll second @dan12456 in saying that I'd love to see more courtroom drama. We only once got to see Matt work his magic in the courtroom, which is a shame because there's a ton of untapped potential there. Charlie Cox has even mentioned the courtroom stuff being one of his favorite parts of the comics, with the White Tiger case from Bendis's run being a standout.

And this.

mightypug78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think this show is the perfect place for Punisher to be introduced

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 70

@mightypug78: Another statement I'd agree with. Especially since, for most of Season 1 Daredevil's just a hair's breadth away from becoming the Punisher, so having the Punisher appear as a brutal vigilante to mirror Daredevil's own journey away from that and into more conventional super-heroics would be a nice move from a writing standpoint.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

Wasn't it Hawkeye that spat his fingernails and not Bullseye?

cdw101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

More Stick!!!

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

I liked to see Bullseye in Season 2 and he would be perfect for it.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

ugh "woman in refrigerator" people need to get over supporting characters being used like supporting characters.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

AGREEE

~MiB

bladewolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reason I got mad at a friend:

Me: I'm 8 episodes into Daredevil, and no Bullseye.

Her: Keep watching.

(flash forward a week and I've finished the series)

Me: THERE WAS NO BULLSEYE!

Her: (smiles wickedly)

In all seriousness, I want to see Bullseye in the series.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just want Bullseye and more of Fisk. Let Fisk turn into the Kingpin. Claire said she can't be with Matt and I don't care very much for Foggy. Karen's subplot was alright. They should do more with these characters but I wouldn't be interested in a foggy and Karen relationship. More of stick is necessary as well. They need to build off of what they started in season 1 and they shouldn't try to go for something entirely different or separate.

Surprised you didn't mention wanting Elektra...

Zearing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The biggest things I want are Spider-Man and more courtroom stuff.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: No. You're mixing 2 things. Bullseye bit off a nail and spit it at someone. Ultimate Hawkeye ripped his off and threw them.

Cloakx14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Elektra !

John-PH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Are they able to do Spiderman Villains now?

Crimsonlord53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yelena Belova instead of natasha.

GBrutality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I think it'd be great part of the season if fisk hires bullseye to go after daredevil while he also hires matt to represent him

idisestablish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@the_comebacks: What? I'm hoping for a whole series for Moon Knight. I mean, an introduction in Daredevil is fine as long as it leads into his own series.

RoboShark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rosario Dawson

Jbreen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The main thing I would like to see more of is actual courtroom scenes. I understand in the first season they had just opened their practice so they wouldn't have much work, hopefully that can change in the second season.

Character wise I would obviously like to see Bullseye, Elektra and The Hand introduced.

donmeca2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By donmeca2020

See more daredevil villians, also some guest appearances of other heroes, and please bring back more rosario dawson.

DonFelipe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 8

Rosario Dawson

Yes, please bring her back!