• 100 results
#51 Edited by drgnx (3742 posts) - - Show Bio

Hank Henshaw and Metallo

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2

Since Vic has Apocalyptian Tech, all he needs is some enhancement/power-up to his Human side, then there is no reason he can't be on Hanks level, besides, Superman has plenty of organic knock-offs already Vic should get some of his robotic foes...And nobody will miss Metallo from the Superman Rogues gallery ... Hank has shown that he can be shared ...

#52 Posted by Black_Claw (3374 posts) - - Show Bio

@drgnx said:

And nobody will miss Metallo from the Superman Rogues gallery... Hank has shown that he can be shared ...

Nobody will miss Metallo from the Superman Rogues gallery? I highly doubt that. If anything Cyborg should take some old enemies from the titans since the original teen titans never existed in this continuity.

#53 Posted by drgnx (3742 posts) - - Show Bio

@Black_Claw: Hank Henshaw and Kryptonite-man are already drawing up the adoption papers ...

#54 Posted by Superdork (1035 posts) - - Show Bio

Equus could be interesting

Equus
Equus
No Caption Provided
#55 Edited by the_tree (8607 posts) - - Show Bio

Kilg%re would be interesting, especially with the whole "able to hack into anything" angle.

I wish there was a Brother Blood in current continuity that was similar to the one from the Teen Titans cartoon. I always enjoyed the idea of Cyborg being faced by a man that actually wanted to be that way.

EDIT: Oh look, I already posted here.

@The_Tree said:

I like the idea of Gizmo and Vandal Savage. I also think it'd be cool to have him against Brother Blood, similarly to the Teen Titans cartoon. Incorporate Adonis from Teen Titans, too. I'd also like to see him face Equus, Calculator, and Kilg%re. I just saw Ron Evers in his enemy list, and I think he sounds like he could be an interesting threat, along with Mr. Orr. They should also make some new villains.

#56 Posted by Decoy Elite (30159 posts) - - Show Bio

A new version of Amazo or...

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

someone new
#57 Edited by Superdork (1035 posts) - - Show Bio

@Decoy Elite said:

A new version of Amazo or...

Amazo was brought to the red room in last year's FCBD issue after the league beat him in Justice League 8, so it's possible!

#58 Posted by Black_Claw (3374 posts) - - Show Bio

Well Professor Ivo's profile was shown during the end of the Justice League "Origin" book. So I guess that confirms Amazo is gonna be the arch nemesis.

Avatar image for martianmanhunterisbetterthancy
#59 Posted by MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg (2452 posts) - - Show Bio

Hell no to Amazo. He's a JL villain. Make Gizmo Cyborg's archenemy.

#60 Posted by colonyofcells (2038 posts) - - Show Bio

Professor Ivo, Weapons Master, Metallo, Computo, Warblade, Brain, Gizmo, Deathstroke, etc.

Avatar image for knightofthechronicle
#61 Posted by knightofthechronicle (1393 posts) - - Show Bio

Definitely the one that stuck out was Ivo. He created Amazo, he was at Star Labs minutes before Cyborg was created (possibly having something to do with the machinery inside of Cyborg at that) and with his genius level IQ the evil plans would be great.

#62 Edited by SUNMAN (7805 posts) - - Show Bio

Personally I'd prefer him not to have a tech arch. I think it would be cooler to have a brute type arch-nemesis like Solomon Grundy or Mammoth.

Mammoth: I think it would be cool if DC reintroduced this character and made him an A-list villain. Basically, Mamoth is the opposite of Cyborg, a very strong and brutal fighter. I think it would set up some really cool battle.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5

now he definitely needs a costume change and it wouldn't hurt if he is a little more Beast like.

Solomon Grundy: This is another option I think would be cool, although other heroes like the original Green Lantern kind of already have him established as an arch nemesis. With Cyborg you've got technology, human progress and ingenuity vs the evil and magic of Solomon Grundy.

Victor almost died in a lab explosion but was saved by his father and turned into a Cyborg. Solomon Grundy is completely different this guys is a magical zombie. He comes from the swamp. He was a gangster in his past life, not an aspiring athlete and scholar like Victor.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5Gallery image 6Gallery image 7Gallery image 8Gallery image 9Gallery image 10Gallery image 11Gallery image 12Gallery image 13

-------------------------------------------------

Now maybe I've been playing a little too much Injustice, but I want Victor to have some awesome battles. I don't want him to fight Amazo, an opponent that just copies all your moves isn't fun. Amazo is only awesome when he takes on a lot of heroes and copies all their powers. Gizmo wouldn't be that interesting to me. There are enough mad scientist like Dr. Sivana and Lex Luther. I don't really want to see Cyborg going up against Gizmo in a big mecha robot. Cyborg can still fight Gizmo or other mad scientist/engineer types but I don't want someone like that as his main arch-nemesis.

Brother Bloods another option, but a sorcerer seems a little outside of his depth, in a team setting it works, but one on one Victor would just be really out of his element.

I want Victor to go toe to toe with someone like Atlas in Teen Titans

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xw1374_cyborg-no-limit_creation#.UXmy5oKDzPI

Loading Video...

Now I don't want Cyborg to just go hand to hand he should use all the weapons at his disposal. All his blasters, grappling hooks, jet boots, boom tubes etc. But whoever his arch is has to be able to go toe to toe with him and give him some epic battles like the one in the video I posted.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
#63 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (16990 posts) - - Show Bio

@sunman said:

Personally I'd prefer him not to have a tech arch. I think it would be cooler to have a brute type arch-nemesis like Solomon Grundy or Mammoth.

Mammoth: I think it would be cool if DC reintroduced this character and made him an A-list villain. Basically, Mamoth is the opposite of Cyborg, a very strong and brutal fighter. I think it would set up some really cool battle.

now he definitely needs a costume change and it wouldn't hurt if he is a little more Beast like.

Solomon Grundy: This is another option I think would be cool, although other heroes like the original Green Lantern kind of already have him established as an arch nemesis. With Cyborg you've got technology, human progress and ingenuity vs the evil and magic of Solomon Grundy.

Victor almost died in a lab explosion but was saved by his father and turned into a Cyborg. Solomon Grundy is completely different this guys is a magical zombie. He comes from the swamp. He was a gangster in his past life, not an aspiring athlete and scholar like Victor.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5Gallery image 6Gallery image 7Gallery image 8Gallery image 9Gallery image 10Gallery image 11Gallery image 12Gallery image 13

Now maybe I've been playing a little too much Injustice, but I want Victor to have some awesome battles. I don't want him to fight Amazo, an opponent that just copies all your moves isn't fun. Amazo is only awesome when he takes on a lot of heroes and copies all their powers. Gizmo wouldn't be that interesting to me. There are enough mad scientist like Dr. Sivana and Lex Luther. I don't really want to see Cyborg going up against Gizmo in a big mecha robot. Cyborg can still fight Gizmo or other mad scientist/engineer types but I don't want someone like that as his main arch-nemesis.

Brother Bloods another option, but a sorcerer seems a little outside of his depth, in a team setting it works, but one on one Victor would just be really out of his element.

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

Now I don't want Cyborg to just go hand to hand he should use all the weapons at his disposal. All his blasters, grappling hooks, jet boots, boom tubes etc. But whoever his arch is has to be able to go toe to toe with him and give him some epic battles like the one in the video I posted.

FINALLY!!!!! SOMEONE ELSE AGREES WITH ME ABOUT ATLAS!!!!! just revamp him as an extradimensional conqueror/gladiator/warlord, who has enslaved or eradicated all biological life where he comes from or something.

#64 Edited by Black_Claw (3374 posts) - - Show Bio

@sunman said:

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

FINALLY!!!!! SOMEONE ELSE AGREES WITH ME ABOUT ATLAS!!!!! just revamp him as an extradimensional conqueror/gladiator/warlord, who has enslaved or eradicated all biological life where he comes from or something.

Come to think of it, Atlas makes perfect arch enemy for Cyborg since in the show, he was a robot who despised organics and saw himself as superior to them, plus he was hellbent on being the perfect machine. All he needs is a cool redesign and a better reason to be evil because wanting to beat somebody to death and holding their friends hostage just for beating you in a video game is just way to childish for my tastes.

#65 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (16990 posts) - - Show Bio

@avenging_x_bolt said:

@sunman said:

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

Come to think of it, Atlas makes perfect arch enemy for Cyborg since in the show, he was a robot who despised organics and saw himself as superior to them, plus he was hellbent on being the perfect machine. All he needs is a cool redesign and a better reason

to be evil because wanting to beat somebody to death and holding their friends hostage just for beating you in a video game is just way to childish for my tastes.

So.......you DONT wanna play Injustice against me?

so how about this: created by a technologically advanced but culturally primitive civilization to be the ultimate warrior. He forced fight in broadcasted gladiator deathmatches. his hyper advanced A.I evolves to the point where becomes fully sentient and wonders why he has to amuse these inferior beings. he bumps em all off except for his former handler whom he forces to act as a scout/major domo/repair-man/emcee and all the like.

#66 Edited by colonyofcells (2038 posts) - - Show Bio

Kilgore, Construct.

#67 Edited by Black_Claw (3374 posts) - - Show Bio

@avenging_x_bolt: That's actually a pretty cool origin. Another villain from the cartoon I would bring in is Krall from the episode "Cyborg the Barbarian". This way we can have a "Past vs Future" conflict.

#68 Edited by Snake5422000 (73 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Dr. Oor

-Ron Evers- Initially, a puppet of D. Oor, but eventually he breaks away from Oor, but is still a villain nonetheless. Just Dr. Oor and Ron Evers are 2 villains who will from that point on, no longer get along.

2. Houngan

3. Professor Ivo

4. Gizmo

#69 Posted by Snake5422000 (73 posts) - - Show Bio

also, Equus would take over as Dr. Oor's body guard after Ron Evers leaves him, he'd also be an enemy of both Evers and Cyborg.... Even though Evers and Cyborg (Vic) would be enemies, sometimes they've have certain other enemies in common (Dr. Oor and Equus mainly, maybe Dr. Ivo too).

#70 Posted by Captain13 (4696 posts) - - Show Bio
#71 Posted by Black_Claw (3374 posts) - - Show Bio

At this point, I think it's safe to say that Grid is possibly his arch nemesis.

#72 Posted by fodigg (6241 posts) - - Show Bio

At this point, I think it's safe to say that Grid is possibly his arch nemesis.

Yep. I think they did a good job with that one.

#73 Posted by Sinestro2828 (1678 posts) - - Show Bio

@sunman: I agree that Mammoth, Solomon Grundy, & Atlas would all make good arch foes for Cyborg.

1) Mammoth has been a long time foe of Cyborg since his teen titan days, & I like the idea of a mechanical powerhouse having a rivalry with a flesh & blood powerhouse. They may need to give Mammoth more personality to make their rivalry more interesting though.

2) Solomon Grundy is another example of a flesh & blood powerhouse, only with a supernatural edge to boot. Grundy usually isn't very smart, but I suppose they could change that, OR, simply play up his strength so its Cyborg's brains & tech vs Grundy's mindless brutality & brute strength. Supes & Bats have plenty of rogues, so I think they could spare Grundy to Cy.

3) Atlas was AWESOME despite only having one episode to shine, but the idea of Cy being rivals with a living robot who looks down on all organics could be really interesting, especially if they give Atlas a cool origin story, like he's from a future or other dimension where machines have conquered humanity, or he was an experiment gone wrong, perhaps a weapon created to counter metahumans by the govt or simply a villain's creation that became too willful to control, like Red Volcano from Young Justice. Question is, should Atlas have the same weakness as before or be smart enough to maintain himself?

Other villains I could see as arch foes for Cy include....

Livewire: I know she's a Superman foe, but as an electrical based villain who can control & absorb electricity & even become lightning & manipulate machines she'd be a major threat to Cyborg. Plus, even though she was created for & was lots of fun on the Superman animated show, she hasn't gotten as much love in the comics, so if the superman writers aren't using her they may as well pass her on to Cyborg.

Atomic Skull: Like Mammoth & Grundy, I like the idea of Cy having an organic arch foe to contrast his bionic abilities, & Atomic Skull is literally a walking biohazard with all that radiation he gives off. Either version of Skull would work, though the first one was a Star Labs scientist originally, so he could be a more mental match for Cy.

Indigo/Brainiac 8: Another femme fatale like Livewire, as an android of Brainiac lineage she could become an ideal techno rival for Cyborg. She could be from the future like before, or another dimension, or simply be a renegade living android built from Brainiac tech or something.

#74 Edited by Avenging-X-Bolt (16990 posts) - - Show Bio

@black_claw: a good alternative to Metallo might be Headmaster. He was a Martian Manhunter villain pre 52 but he could fit Cyborg.

#75 Posted by Sinestro2828 (1678 posts) - - Show Bio

After re-watching Young Justice, I think Dr. T.O. Morrow and/or his most evil creation Red Volcano would make excellent arch foes for Cy, especially considering Volcano's hate for humanity, desire to create a world of robots/androids, & penchant for calling people "Meat Bags." RV would probably consider a fusion of man and machine like Victor to be an abomination, & a rival standing in his way to goal of a "Red Planet."

#76 Posted by Black_Claw (3374 posts) - - Show Bio

@sinestro2828: That sounds pretty cool. Helps that Tornado is a rather obscure character anyway so having Volcano tied to Cyborg instead would help him build up a rogues gallery.

#77 Posted by Sinestro2828 (1678 posts) - - Show Bio

@sinestro2828: That sounds pretty cool. Helps that Tornado is a rather obscure character anyway so having Volcano tied to Cyborg instead would help him build up a rogues gallery.

Exactly, & while I like Tornado, I have to admit it may be more interesting to see Cy, a bionic man, & Volcano, a killer android, throw down as opposed to two similarly designed robots (since RV is basically the last & most powerful of the Red series androids). Volcano is also intelligent enough to build more robots to act as his pawns or repair himself even without Morrow around (not knocking Morrow mind you, but unless he himself becomes a Cyborg or dons a Mr. Twister suit, he's not much of a physical threat to Cy, just an intellectual one, whereas Red Volcano can be both).

#78 Posted by johnny_blaze (1357 posts) - - Show Bio

I think some of you guys are over thinking this. Cyborg has stored Grid in his body, he will obviously come back. I say they should create new villains and revamp obscure villains.

#79 Posted by PapiNacho (3396 posts) - - Show Bio

Amazo could be cool but not as his nemesis. He could be cool as more of a R'as Al Ghul/Brainiac/Ares type of final challenge.

#80 Posted by Moul (1177 posts) - - Show Bio

@captain13: The Key for sure. He's the perfect arch nemesis for Cyborg

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130505113839/marvel_dc/images/f/fa/Key_01.jpg

#81 Posted by johnny_blaze (1357 posts) - - Show Bio

Cinderblock would be a cool addition to the rogues gallery.

#82 Posted by MakkyD (6971 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not sure if there's a similar villain but someone sorta like an evil Question would be perfect for Cyborg imo.

A man who rather than using the modern digital methods of spying/detective such as CSI/NSA uses the classic methods of psychology/observation/manipulation/strategy comparable to that of Sherlock Holmes/Poirot. He is able to formulate plans/manipulate events/control others without the use of tech, while being just as efficient. A digital ghost who the greatest gathering of information will never know. In the digital world, Vic is used to knowing all information and secrets, except for the one man who seems to be involved in everything. In the age of information, the one thing Vic should fear isn't aliens, gods or robots but being left in the dark.

I may have gotten into it a bit too much :P

#83 Posted by aoekings (2 posts) - - Show Bio

@captain13: he needs an archnemesis like Flash has CC,

Flash's archnemesis is professor zoom BTW

#84 Posted by JJ_Was_Here (513 posts) - - Show Bio

The Tinkerer.

#85 Edited by SUNMAN (7805 posts) - - Show Bio

Queen Bee and the Fearsome Five

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

#86 Edited by Cloakx14 (9137 posts) - - Show Bio

Jinx would a great villian for him sorta like mystique to wolverine. they could be lover then become bitter enemies because Cyborg falls someone else and Jinx won't let go like Glenn Close in Fatal Attraction.

No Caption Provided

#87 Posted by bobthened (641 posts) - - Show Bio

How about Grid (from Forever evil).

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
#88 Edited by Ancient_0f_Days (14854 posts) - - Show Bio

How about a villain that doesn't get fodderized once Vic decides to fight smart.......tbh it would have to be Amazo, OMAC or a New God .... cus if Vic's powers include boomtubes....once he decided to use it to send someone away, they should be able to come right back otherwise he could end the fight whenever....he needs a smart and decisive way to beat a hardcore enemy or it'll be terribly written and stupid. The Plot will have to save the day instead of the Hero and that is not what fans want....We want Vic to be able to win on his own against the odds...

#89 Posted by SUNMAN (7805 posts) - - Show Bio

Grid's kind of a lazy villain creation. I would say just give himont of the villains in this thread or create a new one

Avatar image for ready_4_madness
#90 Posted by Ready_4_Madness (5733 posts) - - Show Bio

Maxwell Lord

Avatar image for artisticneedham
#91 Posted by ArtisticNeedham (2718 posts) - - Show Bio

AMAZO could be like a Sinestro to his Hal Jordan. Both having origins and fathers from the Red Room. I'd like to see them as enemies who can fight but also talk like Xavier and Magneto.

#92 Edited by Black_Claw (3374 posts) - - Show Bio

@artisticneedham: Could be interesting. But I think Amazo could be a bit too OP for Cyborg since he can copy the powers of the rest of the Justice League.

#93 Posted by BlackWind (9779 posts) - - Show Bio
#94 Edited by kasino (2036 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Grid..Ultr on to his Pym(but Iron Man). He can always evolve. As a virus he could always make clones to go to war with Cyborg. Also this digital universe has great potential. I don't really grasp what it can mean. I mean I seen it but universe makes it a possible whole universe, considering the technosapiens were in it. There could sentient technology he has to protect. Metal Men weren't in the DU but they have a great connection with Cy(they are nearly his Bat/Flash/Arrow/Supes family). DU could be the sort of speedforce that gives tech sentient. At least were their "brains" go.

I also think his book could use more connection to S.T.A.R. labs. It's connected but they don't use it like a Gotham or Bludhaven. It's his base of operations. I was never clear on how involved STAR was with the government but they can easily be the predecessor to the Science Police(STAR task force or something). He can lead a technological advance team. I would also like to see Blue Beetle and Cy have some sort of relationship. His involvement and leading of other heroes is important. Also STAR being involved with the Government is something people know from Flashpoint. Shared knowledge between fans without reading comics is the ABSOLUTELY MOST IMPORTANT part of comics.

With that part said. Blood, Mammoth and Atlas are all good choices.

Tech vs magic in Blood

Tech vs nature in Mammoth although he needs a power upgrade. Maybe a super Sabertooth. Can hear Vics change to which tech. Super speed or reflexes to dodge and attack.

Tech vs Tech(although he's pretty much Grid).

I like Jinx being his Catwoman. Also being magic(I think, maybe meta) it's opposites attract.

TO'S creations is like a evil version of his relationship with Metal Men. He could also intro Red Tornado in the New 52 but also the Metal Men(he gets to meet beings like himself but always disconnected because of TO and more for the Digital Universe).

There's enough villains he can fight tho. I really think leading a government sanctioned STAR team is where to go for that.

Also there's Grail..Darkseid's daughter. She works for either Wonder Woman or Cy. She's half Amazon for WW. For Cy being a boomtuber. She can be specifically who the tube is going to.

He could official be The Metal and have a connection with Swamp Thing, The Green.

So..

Grid

Technosapiens

Brother Bood

Mammoth

Jinx

Grail(they could also reintro Gayven and Grail can be his other lover/foe like Jinx).

The bad inventions of TO/Sivana/Ivo/Brain/Toymaster/Orr

The Key is another great rogue.

Ron Evers getting a new angle..anti-tech? I like a psychological aspect of attacking him but is that just Amish?..maybe..idk..a man, former friend, who leads a charming campaign against Cy that he's an Abomination. Just Cy. Stating he is a sin while the rest of the League were gifted. But he just hates Vic from childhood problems..or anything with mind games.

Kilg%re would be really good.

Equus is a great idea. this leads to a connection with OMAC. The hero and Crisis virus(they being unwilling cyborgs). Also Brother Eye. But Equus is a great fight for Cy to refresh.

Gizmo with an upgrade.

Shrapnel for a fight. But if they ever go into the meta stories like Young Justice, he's an evil meta. Vic can be involved with Static and such with Shrapnel.

Johnny Rancid. Another Teen Titans show villain. Made a super motorcycle and a crazy mechanic dog monster. But also turned reality wrapping meta. Vic, although fictional, is based in known(amongst his world and self) science vs. unknown changes to known reality.

Vandal and Amazo would be League villains but those could be Cy lead stories. The Ivo connection and immortal caveman strategist vs. I think immortal at this point techno organic.

#95 Posted by SUNMAN (7805 posts) - - Show Bio

@kasino: I love all these except for Grail. I think that character needs to be defined a little more

#96 Posted by warrior100 (2163 posts) - - Show Bio

@cloakx14 said:

Jinx would a great villian for him sorta like mystique to wolverine. they could be lover then become bitter enemies because Cyborg falls someone else and Jinx won't let go like Glenn Close in Fatal Attraction.

No Caption Provided

#97 Edited by kasino (2036 posts) - - Show Bio

@sunman: yea she's new and really a team buster. but she did tell Vic she was valuable to him and that he's more dangerous than Bats to her.

I do like her as a WW foe. I love that the New God's are Olympus level Gods. I think WW should deal with that sort of thing more often. Everyone and everywhere has Gods, beings connected to The Source. Wonder Girl's Silent Armor is connected to Trigon(I think we have Raven for that, there's other Gods). Shazam gets Yugha Khan powers now too. I also like Vixen having involvement in WW stories.

There's other religious based hero and villains, but I'm blanking. Characters who can man a solo should be doorways to other heroes.

Shazam, Wonder Girl, New Gods and Vixen all fit the WW mythos.

Her archenemy gets her power from a religious artifact(there should be others out there).

Also the Echidna and Typhon should be more constant villains. Not world threats but constant threats making monsters.

Anyway, Grail has a great base in two DCU mythos. She has unlimited potential in the DCU. Can major arc Cy, WW, New Gods and League books. Her relationships with the heroes will determine everything.

#98 Posted by ThePreface (1436 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, Cyborg needs an archnemesis that really pushes him like Lex or the Joker.

#99 Posted by daviddv0601 (135 posts) - - Show Bio

I am down for Vandal Savage becoming Cyborg's archenemy. He is intelligent and also surprisingly strong. He would be like Lex Luthor to Cyborg. Lex Luthor is only human, and yet he is still Superman's most dangerous nemesis. Vandal Savage is immortal, and so is Vic in a way. I would like to see Vandal Savage and Cyborg becoming permanent archenemies. Grid is just a lazy opposite of Cyborg. I would say he deserves to be a secondary arch-nemesis. Just like General Zod is to Superman, Riddler is to Batman and Ares is to Wonder Woman. And same applies to Amazo, Mammoth and the other guys on this list, they are from another rogues gallery. Deathstroke is like Vandal Savage. He has clashed with so many heroes and even gods in the comics and film but he is still classified as a Batman enemy. Vandal Savage has also taken on many members of superheroes yet he hasn't been added to any specific rogues gallery. Vandal Savage could be Cyborg's archenemy because I also like the whole past vs future thing.

#100 Posted by daviddv0601 (135 posts) - - Show Bio

Here is his official rogues gallery so far: Alfa and the Technosapians, Gizmo, Grid, Atlas, Malware, Cyborgirl and Brother Blood. Cyborg and Vandal Savage would make awesome archenemies but considering they only had one moment in one movie, it is not enough for them to be archenemies. Brother Blood suits to archenemy role perfectly if Vandal Savage doesn't.