Win a Scarlet Witch Premium Format Figure from Sideshow Collectibles

This topic is locked from further discussion.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

If you're like us, you probably love everything Sideshow Collectibles puts out. During San Diego Comic-Con, we did a video tour as well as posted a photo gallery of many of their upcoming products. We had Sideshow Collectibles visit during GameSpot's live show and they brought along with (sold out) Scarlet Witch premium format figure.

No Caption Provided

This awesome figure was originally going to be given away during the live show but here's the good news, you actually now have a chance to win.

Let's get this out of the way, This contest is open only to those in the United States. It's not our choice. It's a legal thing. Blame the U.S. government or your next door neighbor.

How can you win?

It's real easy. All you have to do is:

• Have a Twitter account (they're free)
  • Follow @ComicVine and @CollectSideshow (feel free to follow me as well)
  • Tweet "jelly beans" plus enter the hashtag #IWantScarletWitch. You do not even have to @ reply us (or Sideshow). Tweeting "jelly beans #IWantScarletWitch" will get you an entry.

A winner will be chosen at random. Again, you must live in the United States. One entry per Twitter account!

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Here's the legal stuff:

Eligibility: Comic Vine Giveaways (the "Giveaways") are open only to individuals who are legal residents of the fifty (50) United States (including the District of Columbia) and are 18 years of age or older. Employees of CBS Interactive, its advertising or promotion agencies, those involved in the production, development, implementation or handling of a Giveaway, any agents acting for, or on behalf of the above entities, their respective parent companies, officers, directors, subsidiaries, affiliates, licensees, service providers, prize suppliers any other person or entity associated with Giveaway (collectively "Giveaway Entities") and/or the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members (whether related or not) of each such employee, are not eligible. Subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void in Puerto Rico and where prohibited by law.

Sponsor: The Giveaways are sponsored by Comic Vine, 235 2nd Street, San Francisco, CA ("Sponsor").

Agreement to Official Rules: Participation in a Giveaway constitutes entrant's full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.

Entrants acknowledge and agree that the Giveaway Entities may have developed or may in the future develop ideas that may be similar to entrant's submission, that any such similarity shall be coincidental, and that entrant shall have no rights whatsoever in or to, and the Giveaway Entities shall have no obligation to entrant for the Giveaway Entities' use of, any such ideas.

Entry Period: The start and end times/dates (the "Entry Period") are located on the applicable Giveaway page.

Giveaway Entry/Submission: Follow the directions on the applicable Giveaway page in order to submit an entry. The use of any agencies or automated software to submit entries will void all entries submitted by that person.

Winner Selection: Winner(s) will be selected via random drawing. The odds of being selected depend on the number of eligible entries received. Potential winner(s) will be contacted via direct message and will be asked to provide their first and last names, age and mailing address. If a potential winner does not respond within the timeframe stated in the notification d.m., the Sponsor may select an alternate potential winner in his/her place at random from all entries received during the Entry Period.

Requirements of the Potential Winners: Except where prohibited, the potential winner(s) may be required to complete and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release (the "Affidavit/Release") within seven (7) days of being notified. If a potential winner fails to sign and return the Affidavit/Release within the required time period, an alternate entrant may be selected in his/her place.

Prize(s): The prize(s) are located on the applicable Giveaway page. No cash or other substitution may be made, except by the Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a prize with another prize of equal or greater value if the prize is not available for any reason as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion. The winner is responsible for any taxes and fees associated with receipt or use of a prize.

General Conditions: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Giveaway is impaired in any way for any reason, including, but not limited to fraud, virus, or other technical problem, the Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either: (a) suspend the Giveaway to address the impairment and then resume the Giveaway in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; or (b) award the prize at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. The Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Giveaway or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Giveaway may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. In case of a dispute as to the owner of an entry, entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the screen name from which the entry is made. The authorized account holder is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.

Release and Limitations of Liability: By participating in the Giveaway, entrants agree to release and hold harmless the Giveaway Entities from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Giveaway or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Giveaway; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone or network lines; (c) printing errors; (d) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail; (e) errors in the administration of the Giveaway or the processing of entries; or (f) injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant's participation in the Giveaway or receipt of any prize. Entrant further agrees that in any cause of action, the Giveaway Entities' liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Giveaway, and in no event shall the Giveaway Entities be liable for attorney's fees. Entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.

Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Giveaway or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the Commonwealth of Virginia. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrant's rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsors in connection with the Giveaway, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the Commonwealth of Virginia or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the Commonwealth of Virginia.

Publicity: Participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes Winner's consent to Sponsor's use of Winner's name, likeness, picture, portrait, voice, opinions, biographical information and state of residence for promotional, publicity or advertising purposes worldwide in any media and on the World Wide Web, in perpetuity, without further payment, consideration, review or consent (where allowable).

The contest begins right now and ends Monday, August 5, 2013 at midnight PT. The winners will be announced and contacted afterwards, most likely on August 6.

Good luck. Remember, follow ComicVine and CollectSideshow (and me if you really want!). Tweet "jelly beans #IWantScarletWitch"

RedQueen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By RedQueen

I'm contemplating moving to the US, just so I can enter. Of course, with that much on the line I would like to win.

Avatar image for themanintheshoe
TheManInTheShoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 17

I hate that most things are only US :(

weaponxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By weaponxx

I don't want to read all the legal stuff... is there only one entry allowed? one per day? etc? Thanks.

P.S. Flash series is in the making??

Avatar image for shallbecomeabattoo
Shallbecomeabattoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I hate that those things are mostly US only, but I get that its difficult to make this world wide from a legal standpoint.

What I hate more is that it requires me to have a twitter account, when I have a perfectly fine comicvine account and could take part on this thing right here. I dislike it extremely when those things shove social media in my face, since I don't have/want a twitter, or facebook account.

This isn't meant as a diss against the comicvine crew, just a diss against how this stuff gets handled on every site. Why isn't it enough to E-Mail something, or use you account ON the site you want to win something on? It boggles m mind.

Rant over. That IS a fiiiiiiiiine statue! Cannot wait until I get my frist Sideshow Premium Format Figure, when my preordered Batman finally ships in october!

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@weaponx: One entry per Twitter account. Just easier for everyone.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shallbecomeabattoo: It's just legal stuff and customs. It's a real bummer for all of us. Our hands are tied.

As for Twitter, even those that don't have one, all you have to do is sign up and follow the two. If you decide to start using the account then or never again, that's up to the person. But Twitter is sometimes an easier way to get out news, updates and to simply have direct communication. I hate to admit it but I'm way faster at reply on my Twitter account over pm's here. It's just easier

Hermatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stupid Twitter

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hermatt: Next time I'll do Facebook ;)

Dabee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Dabee

This figure got me to finally create a Twitter account. That's how awesome it is.

Mucklefluga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

KryptonSabbath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think my wife would like me having this...

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#12 inferiorego  Staff

Can I quit to try and win this, then get rehired after the contest is over?

BritishMonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

You have to be in the US to win? Well that's unfortunate...

Jenkale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

too bad its only through that social media crap. oh well

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15  Edited By longbowhunter

I had my girlfriend enter for me on her account. Is that cool?

captain_elburn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

August 5 is my birthday so there is no way I can lose.

Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Done :) Hope I win!

Bokkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll be in the state's in 2 months, ill just come by to pick it up ^^

Shallbecomeabattoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@g_man: Ah ok. Yeah, well I am kinda burned out on this social media stuff, since I had a facebook account way back when and when I wanted to delete it they said that I couldn't. Its offline now, but facebook still has (even owns, I guess) every picture I uploaded, every post I made. Man... thats some really 1984 Big Brother stuff, I think. Is it different on Twitter? I never really tried it out. I mean I guess I could make am account just for fun, without actually uploading anything thats private and not even use my real name, but I am kinda hesitant about it you know?

Hell... I don't even own a cellphone anmore, thats how fed up I am with the modern age of social networking :-)

leokearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

What's actually the difference between giving away something and selling something in the States that forces a US only policy?

weaponxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shallbecomeabattoo: Twitter can be as personal or impersonal as you want. I mainly use Facebook for connecting with you guys and the industry. Twitter is easier to be more impersonal.

Shallbecomeabattoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@g_man: Thanks for the input. Maybe I will check it out someday.

I really appreciate the time you take to answer me, Tony! Really makes me feel part of the community, especially after hearing the podcast! I really hope we do get the chance to take a drink together someday, when I finally make my way to one of the cons. Cheers!

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 137

#26  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

Done.

M-Demon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So purty! Would go great with the blankness that is my new apartment.

IcePrince_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By IcePrince_X
No Caption Provided

i so want this but can't.

impossibilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Is it the same people complaining that contests are US only every time? Or is it different people?

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is it the same people complaining that contests are US only every time? Or is it different people?

Let me guess, you're American?

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just letting everyone know, a winner has been selected at random. A DM has been sent. So if you did not receive a DM, you didn't win :(

BUT, before I announce/reveal the name of the winner, I'm waiting for confirmation that the winner resides in the U.S. (Again, we can't do anything about it. It's a legal thing). If the winner does not reply within seven days, another person will be selected. Any tweets after Monday will not count. Also, shame on those that tried entering more than once when the rules above clearly stated one entry per account.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Congrats to Tollo Tollere on Twitter.

No Caption Provided

Let's all offer congrats and be envious in a friendly fashion. Apparently he also have an account here on on CV. I'll let him step up if he wants to reveal that.

Thanks to everyone that entered and of course a big thanks to Sideshow Collectibles!

impossibilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Congrats Tollo! And as a past winner of Comic Vine contest, thanks for running these contests, Tony!

sync1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By sync1

Dang i want this figure so bad xD

AmazingAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Awesome figure, I'll be sure to keep an eye out for the next one.

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice figure.

TitanConsumed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers