Official CV Contest: Who Is Dr. Doom's MASTER?

• 64 results
gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck
No Caption Provided
We all know that Dr. Doom thinks very highly of himself.  He feels everyone is beneath him.  No one can match his intellect.  He doesn't fear anything.  Yet, we've recently learned that even Dr. Doom has someone he calls his master.  In Fantastic Four #563, he informs Reed that his master "taught [him] everything [he] knows, the first super-villain."  He also says that his master has "plans for humankind, an appetite that chills [Doom's] black heart."  Because Mark Millar is writing FF, there have been talk that this will be tied together with Marvel 1985 and Old Man Logan.

So the contest is this, Who Is Dr. Doom's Master? Come up with the back story of who could be more badass than Doom to get him to take orders from him.  2 - 3 paragraphs detailing his origin, powers, meeting with Doom, etc.  The contest will end at midnight PT on Sunday January 25.  Winners will be chosen based on originality, thoughtfulness, and coolness (of the character, not the user).

No Caption Provided
The Loot will be a stack of comics from my personal collection.  Some new and some old.  We'll see if I can find anything else cool to include.  Sometimes when the entries are so good, I feel obliged to increase the booty. 

Good Luck.
blade hunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By blade hunter

He' been hanging about in the shadows for a while know, i have a feeling it may be Romulus, he's been pulling strings from the shasows for some time and he did say he has plans for the human race.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By gmanfromheck

Since this is a contest thread, let's try to keep the posts for the actual entries.  If you just want to talk about it and not enter (or give others your ideas) you can go HERE.  This will make reading the entries and selecting the winner easier if I don't have to skim past comments.  Thanks.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By gmanfromheck
G-Man said:
"Come up with the back story of who could be more badass than Doom to get him to take orders from him.  2 - 3 paragraphs detailing his origin, powers, meeting with Doom, etc."
Red L.A.M.P.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Red L.A.M.P.

What is the prize!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By gmanfromheck

Comics and possibly more.

V

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By V

Please sir, can I have some more?

Shaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Shaper
blade hunter said:
"He' been hanging about in the shadows for a while know, i have a feeling it may be Romulus, he's been pulling strings from the shasows for some time and he did say he has plans for the human race."
I see what your saying G-man, but I just want to say I agree with this quickly.
Agony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By Agony

wait do we make up our own character

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By gmanfromheck
Trauma said:
"wait do we make up our own character"
You can if you want.  We don't really know much about who it could be.  You are free to create someone that could control Doom or take someone that already exists and write why and how they would be Doom's Master.  I'd just like to see some info on this person, why they can control Doom (like how powerful are they, etc), why he would allow it, etc.  Just a few paragraphs.  You can write more but I don't want anyone to go overboard (and I don't want to read a ton of novels even though I'm sure they'd be really good).
Slinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Slinger

Here's my entry, not much, but here goes...

There is in fact only one person who could ever boast to be greater than Dr. Doom, and that is Victor Von Doom himself! No longer needing his famed time platform, from a distant future, Victor Von Doom, travels back in time to teach his great pupil every technique he can to help him thrive in the world he is destined to conquer, all the while increasing his power in his  own time.

While the future Doom has knowledge of everything that will happen in his younger self's life, he can only teach him the techniques to combat all of the hardships he might face. If he were to give the younger Doom any specific details, he could cause a horrible cascading paradox that could erase himself from his own time-line. There is however one revelation that he shows the up and coming Doctor Doom, a vision of a perfect future, one where Doom is lord of the entire universe.

No Caption Provided
    Doom himself fears what he will become, seeing the bleak world that he is destined to create. One where he holds absolute power, where he is truly the one above all. In this future, the Earth no longer exists, and what is left of sentient life in the universe has been warped and twisted to Doom's will. People toil as if robots, unfeeling, and uncaring. Doing their master's bidding without complaint, without even thought. In this grim future, there is only one other free will that remains, that of Doom's greatest rival, Reed Richards.

Reed is constantly tortured for Doom's amusement. Reliving his greatest past failure, forced to repeatedly experience the tragic loss of his friend, his brother in law, his wife, and finally his children. All crushed beneath Doom's heel. He pays for his past hubris for eternity, his life extended through Doom's might.

In this future, Doom is synonymous with divinity. There is no God, no power cosmic, no Death, only DOOM!
Gimmicksmile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Gimmicksmile

Dr. Doom's master is in fact his ex-wife. While he has currently escaped her chilling grasp, the emotional scars he has suffered are too deep to hide under a mask of metal. Doom was first introduced to her at a college party by a mutual friend, Reed Richards.

The good doctor made many attempts to hide from the evil harpy, but to no avail. Her super powers of child support and alimony almost finished him for good. Doom, now a broken man, travels the road seeking revenge on Reed Richards all the while looking over his shoulder for a sign of her return.  

Nik Fink
http://www.gimmicksmile.com

SilverZeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 9

#12  Edited By SilverZeo

The dude is like the true under-boss. He has control almost everything, heroes and villians, kinda like the sith War during the Clone Wars. But he also so confident that he can do anything and proably will, the guy who can do anything and get always get away, kinda like Wanted.

Avatar image for incredible_hulk_prime
Incredible Hulk-Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I think Dr.Dooms master is his father. Doom's Father was the only one who tought him how to invent
things.You people didn't read enough FF to relize that his father was his master not his wife.
Dr.Doom's master is his father end of stroy.

T.M.O.E.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By T.M.O.E.

The Marquis of Death an omnipotent being now but a lowly what some might say super villain that had dreams of grandeur in another life who had obtained abilities and knowledge to conquer the universe in the shall i say before time...you all know back when Galactus devourer of worlds was just the lowly "man" out to save his world (universe whatever) back before the big bang, before the big crunch. In a world not much like our own where Thor norse god of thunder runs merrily through the streets of new york, or where spider-humanoids web-sling there way across skyscraper to skyscraper....In a world where hero and villain alike roamed their native planet and occasionally played on a cosmic scale...A what some would consider a heavy hitter, possibly B-list super villain trekked his way across the world scavenging lost bits of information of an unsettling nature. Eventually obtaining this key to the unwinding of the universe as they knew it to pull at the strings of their once reality. Yet in a final stand the heroes of their world discovered his sinister plot and hunted him down in a hasty act he recited the passage and accidentally was hurled into the cosmos draining the universe itself into himself consuming the power of the cosmos for he alone to control but a lone warrior of a little planet known as Taa ( home world of Galactus) flew out to intercept the megalomaniac in his tracts and successfully doing so undid his devious deeds and undid the universe creating what is now as we know it the marvel universe incapacitated he float through our cosmos as Galactus became the devourer of worlds and Death and Eternity came into being. He the second surviver of a world beyond or before our own slowly regained consciousness and searched for the most astute mind that would suit his purposes now only a phantom of sorts found Doom and taught him the ways of the universe as a way to manipulate Doom unknowingly to bring he back into power as Doom foolishly thinks himself as the true victor ( no pun intended).

...thats what i got in my pocket...
Yoshimitsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Yoshimitsu
  After the death of Victor von Doom’s father and his eventual scarring due to negligence, Doom was expelled from Empire State University. Broken and scarred, Doom traveled the world and came to a small Tibetan village. There, the villagers assisted him in making a suit if armor that would help him make a new name for himself, wherever he chose to make it. After donning the armor and returning to his home country of Latveria, he overthrew it’s leader and took over, thus beginning Doom’s era of rule.

After Doom’s rise and fall on Battleworld, and the Beyonder’s powers returning to him, Doom was exiled to the planet Birkeel, home to the humanoid race of Ovoids, a race that has essentially conquered death itself with their body-exchange technique. After he was taught this technique, Doom returned to Earth and to Latveria, to continue to contemplate how to conquer Earth.

After Doom’s numerous failures, he sought a teacher. He once again traveled the world, seeking a mentor that could train him and make him stronger so that he could reach his dreams of world domination. Eventually, he ended up in Egypt, where he met En Sabah Nur, also known as Apocalypse. While in Egypt, Doom was taught many things, such as ancient Egyptian technology, magic, and various other things that Doom thought he could use to conquer the world.

Marvel Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Marvel Knight

My blog:

Who is the "Original" Villain?

No Caption Provided
So who could be Dr. Doom's true master or better yet, who is the original villain? The answer is Vlad Tepes, the Prince of Darkness, or more commonly know, Dracula! That's right, Dracula is who Dr. Doom was referring. There is only one villain who has been around long enough to be considered the original villain.  He's got power, he's got intelligence, and he's got goals. He is the perfect person to be the ultimate villain of darkness waiting for his chance to strike back at the Marvel Universe.

But is Dracula worthy of being Dr. Doom's true master? Lets think about it, what is it that Dr. Doom would need a master for? He already has money, he has scientific intelligence, what was he missing when he started? His resources in the vast world of magic. Dracula is a master of mystic arts, strong enough to rival the powers of Thor and the Silver Surfer at times.  His range of magical abilities is almost limitless and limitless powers is something a man like Victor Von Doom seeks. It would make sense for Dr. Doom to look to Dracula as a master, to teach him his ways.

Strength to match Colossus
Strength to match Colossus
Is Dracula powerful enough to be Dr. Doom's master? Physically Dracula surpasses Dr. Doom in great leaps. His strength is great enough were he can catch a punch from Colossus. Durability wise he has taken blows from not only Dr. Strange, but also Thor and the Silver Surfer. But Dr. Doom has no need for a master who is physically stronger than himself. What he needs is a Master of the Mystic Arts. Well considering that Dracula is one of the most well know magical beings, it is probably a pretty good person to turn to. Dracula's magic allows him to do such things as summon storms, control not only animals but people as well, as well as vast great degrees of shape-shifting. Dracula's abilities are great enough rival that of Dr. Strange's, even overpowering him at one point mentally.

How would these two titans of terror meet? Early in his career, Dr. Doom seeks out a master to help him defeat the Fantastic Four for real. After searching endlessly, he comes to a castle in
Transylvanian. Upon entering the two have a battle, and Dracula is impressed by Dr. Doom's willpower and resourcefulness. Deciding that Dr. Doom would be his "in" man to the outside world, he agrees to train him what he knows of the Mysic Arts, in return for his loyalty. The two meet in secret throughout the years, so Dr. Doom can learn more from Dracula as well as Doom imforming Dracula the condiition of the Earth. Now that the Skrull Invasion have put Dr. Doom in a very high place in the world, Dracula decides now is the time for him to make his return and take the Earth while its still weak and recovering.

The Prince of Darkness has returned!
The Prince of Darkness has returned!
The Psyentist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By The Psyentist

Okay, so it's NOT original at all...

But oh, well.

But I am fascinated at the duel nature of man, evil vs. good, and when evil controls it IS the master.
The original sinner, the original villian who was the first to fall due to pride (the mother of the seven deadly sins, the sin also seen CONTINUALLY in Doom's character), who is always attempting to ensnare humanity to be under his control to share his horrid fate is...Satan. [Note: Mephisto may be used instead of Satan, but Satan is considered the worst. And I have heard that Mephisto IS Satan AND that he is JUST a demon]

ORIGIN (of the Christian Satan): God's greatest archangel, Lucifer, became prideful and thought himself equal to God. He was thrown down to earth from heaven and he conned a third of the angels to come with him (becoming demons).

POWERS: Of the spiritual dimension so nothing but the spiritual can harm him. He is immortal. He is more knowledgible and stronger than any mortal, using this to decieve and destroy God's creation, especially humans created in God's own image. He uses the natural evil in mankind for his own ends and commands an army of demons.

MEETING: Through the Doom's war with Mephisto

Cynthia von Doom, the mother of Victor von Doom, was a sorceress who desired more power and so called upon the power of Mephisto. This drove her insane, causing her to murder many, thus delivering the souls of the unredeemed to Mephisto in Hell. She was eventually shot and died, her soul, comitted to Mephisto, was damned.

Her husband, Werner von Doom, tried to keep the child from engaging in his mother's witchcraft. He tried to destroy the trunk of his late wife's belongings but it. It had been Satan's doing to preserve the trunk for Cynthia's prideful and skilled descendant to fall into Mephisto's service just as she had. Satan gave nightmares to Victor about his tortured mother to make him use the evil implements and delve into magic and murder.

Victor was given the opportunity to attend Empire State University in the United States, but his need to free his mother was deeply in-rooted by the Prince of Lies. It was indeed a good goal, but the means was hazardous. Satan used Victor's pride and fed it through competition between the pure-hearted, albeit naive, Reed Richards. Satan toyed with Victor's mind to corrupt his plans for making a device for stealing back his mother's soul. The project literally blew up in Doom's face scaring him for life and permanently embittering him towards Richards, filling his mind with evil thoughts.

Eventually, Victor was able to free his mother with the help of Doctor Strange. But Satan smiled in his triumph over the sorceress' powerful son, for Doom's hatred, his pride, and his desire to rule over all ever make him kin to Satan and a pawn to his will. And so he uses Doom in obscure ways to further his own mischievous purpose for the destruction of Humankind.

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By warlock360

No one is Doom's true mentor, if you read Books of Doom you'll see and know why. I think thats Bogus and they F'ed him up in that issue....

The Psyentist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By The Psyentist

I don't think Doom has a "mentor" like that either...but it's an interesting thought.

teflond3663

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By teflond3663

so ive figured  it out....... dooms  master is none other  then...................  captain america!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i know that sounds wierd but hear me out   . this is a different captain  then u know  . this steve rodgers comes from mark millars  1985 universe .
in this universe after the war  steve rodgers didnt get frozen  in ice like  in universe 616  ,instead  he fought bravely with the allies till there inevitable   win in 1945 .  after the war  cap  was   struck with insperation   . the only way to obtain real peace  is threw the use of  force .  for as much as he hated the nazis  he couldnt help but  see how complete hitlers control over his  military   was ,  cap decided at this point to  slowly overthrow the americn goverment  and replace it with something far more manageable . in the  years to come  history differed greatly  between  the 2 universes  , the u.s.a  was now known as  the united states and with an iron fist he   cut down the russians  and chinese and anyone else who stood in his way . its only when he came to latveria that he paused . this was the first time  he met  someone  who wouldnt bow to  him. at  first   doom  was defiant but soon realized it was better to serve in hell then rule in heaven  so he  became the first acolyte of  ...... the master 

so in short    yes  be afraid because the captain  is here now  and hes not alone

Namor1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#21  Edited By Namor1987

psyentist i agreae with you 110% for all those reasons because Mephistos is the only being in th MU that i see Dr Doom answering to but you left out the part ourt about how Victor Von Doom tries to steal/bring back his mother from Mephisto every Halloween.

King Quisling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By King Quisling

Victor Von Doom has never been a character I thought would answer to a higher authority. His knowledge in science and the mystic arts are unmatched by most of the Marvel U but if he has to answer to someone I would have to say it'll be Kang the Conqueror. Why of all people Kang? Well in my mind it would actually make a lot of sense, in it's own sense of course. Let me explain. First and foremost Kang may, or may not, be a distant relative of Doom. I think the fact of just sharing his bloodline could gain some respect points from Doom. Another reason I believe this could work is that we've seen many different versions of Kang. What if there's an older, wiser and more powerful version of Kang we've yet to see? 

Picture this. Sometime in the Marvel U past a young, recently deformed in freak accident, Victor Von Doom is visited by a traveller claiming to be from the future.

The visitor calls himself Kang the Conqueror Dooms descendant from alternate reality, one in which Doom ultimately fell to the Fantastic Four. He also claims he can help Doom avoid that fate and save his mothers soul. What do you think Victor would do? It would be an offer he wouldn't refuse. Doom is too smart to turn down a good opportunity. 

Kang informs Doom that he will meet younger versions of himself, some of which will befriend Doom and others will challenge him. Of course over the years Kang supplies helpful insight and technology to Doom which he reverse engineers and applies to his own inventions.  In return Kang's own abilities, technology and empire flourish through Doom's advances and alteration of the timeline. Hence why I believe Kang, or some version of Kang, is Doctor Doom's secret master.

ThE FL@

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By ThE FL@

uhm... i was really surprise that doom has a master...

Atom Smasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Atom Smasher

Poor Victor Von Doom. Alone. Cut off from society. His powers did not come at the university. His campaign started years before. Almost right after his death. No Soul connected being would dear piss off Mephistos. However they are not all with a soul. In truth as Moon Knight pointed out…Dracula has no soul. He is forever a being caught in time. A being that could have greatly helped the poor orphaned boy that summer. Dracula however is not the boy’s mentor, Just the founder. Dracula could not care for the child and so he gave the child to Dr.

_Sojourn_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#25  Edited By _Sojourn_

It's name was Grimace. It had no gender, no face just a name. Known throught the cosmos for it's only desire. Destruction, rage, and calamity. Until the day of the Birth of the Phonix. The two entities fought and in the end the Phoenix prevailed. Grimace was sealed away within a planet just begining to take form. There it lay in wait for the day it could return and reak it's havoc upon the unsuspecting creatures it would destroy.

Millions of years passed, and Grimace watched as his prison now come to be called Earth, was inhabited by beings known as people. Humans as they called themselves. There was one that peaked his interest, one that had a black heart, and an insatiable lust for destruction and power. In the years he had been sealed away, Grimace realized that if he was to be known again throughout the universes, he would need a face. Wathcing and sculpting himself to look like a human man, he lay in wait to once again be free.

Avatar image for the_wind_stalker
The Wind-Stalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#26  Edited By The Wind-Stalker

how the hell this happen i always thought doom was his own master im shocked

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By warlock360
warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By warlock360

@Wind-Stalker: same here, now, Dracula seems sort of reasonable but THAT F'ing Death entity? Nawwwww

The Psyentist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By The Psyentist

Frankenstein...awesome!

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 8

#30  Edited By sora_thekey

Doom´s mother
Doom´s mother
Cynthia Von Doom is the mother of Victor, the now known and feared Doctor Doom, and also a pawn in the plan created by Mephisto.

Mephisto and Cynthia Von Doom have had a long relationship during the time Cynthia was a gypsy but at her death that relationship was broken when Mephisto took her soul for himself. Doctor Doom, ever since tried to get her soul back from him and went through journeys of magic and mystics until he finally was able to free his mother’s soul. His mother was free but at the price of her undying hatred against her son because of all the wrong he did in his life.

Mephisto went his way by clashing heads with other earth heroes such as the Silver Surfer, Thor, Spider-Man and Daredevil by trying to destroy the lives of strong hearted people because they were as Mephisto said:”unconditional and made holy in the eyes of he who I hate the most”. 

All this to be able to finish one plan…

On a lonely day Doom sits on his throne and then gets summoned by a hooded woman. Doom asks the reason for this very important summon. The woman uncovers her face revealing the face of Cynthia Von Doom. Doom surprised by this jumps from his seat and walks up to her. He tries to touch her face but she pushes his hand away. Victor wonders her being there. Cynthia answers: “I don’t answer to the likes of you, my magic is far more powerful then you will ever know, my son”. Cynthia explains how she has a bidding to do for him and if he does this she will forgive him for all the wrong doings in the past.

The True Master
The True Master

To Be Continued….

So yeah the guy who´s behind it all is Mephisto..... Since OMD, SI and Civil War it has all been a plan made by Mephisto......

Sling Shot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Sling Shot

It's probably satan. Which I think is a poor choice for a fictional comic, because he is a real world villain.

The WeatherMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By The WeatherMan

Here is my 2 cents. Check it out :)

”I trust you have spoken to Namor…” – a silvery voice full of brilliance and hidden agendas greeted a man who stepped through a bloody red colored portal and stood still in a room that reminded one of a king’s quarters. There was a high ceiling around which every noise made inside the room echoed; walls with tall Roman styled circular pillars that held up the ceiling and signified nothing but power. In the middle of the vast quarters was a dark red carpet that lead deep down into the huge room towards the mighty throne that seated a powerful being, whose voice rang across the walls and echoed into eternity.
   ”Keeping your master waiting is not a good way to get into his good graces…” He could sense the barely concealable smugness inside the heinous voice that made his insides writhe in hatred.
   “Doom is nobody’s slave!!” He screamed, completely loosing his cool as that quickly built up anger sparked a fire inside of him. Before he could even finish his raging scream, a purple orb appeared in each of his hands and he fired them at the throne, in hopes that in the least he could let some of his anger out of his system.
   “Of course you aren’t, but your mother is. If you could have kept your anger in check so many times before, maybe you would still have the Power Cosmic. Maybe even Beyonder’s power. For someone who is of such high intellect you commit such simple mistakes…” The dark red silhouette vanished from the shadows of this throne before the orbs managed to connect and decimate it. He reappeared right in front of Doom and with a simple gesture of his hand, sent him flying backwards and slamming into the wall. Doom collapsed on floor into a heap of metal and swamp green colors of his coat.
   “I freed my mother from you! I saw her soul fly towards heaven! How can you still have her?!” Doom quickly stood up, his armor smoothly clanking away, while gathering more magical energy into his gauntlets, before letting them loose on the silhouette enveloped in shadows. The magic orbs managed to connect this time, making a powerful explosion and a heap of black smoke scatter in different directions. Doom self-assuredly stomped his way towards the mess on the floor, already conjuring up another orb in his hand. There was no body.
   “You are a fool Doom. But you are the most intelligent fool on this pathetic planet.” Before Doom could turn around, a powerful blast of concussive force knocked him forward. He felt a slight dent in his armor as he landed on all fours, breathing heavily like a circus animal that had just been run through its paces.
   “She wrote a contract IN BLOOD!” Before Doom could stand up off his knees, a ravaging kick to the gut sent him flying into the opposite wall. “She made a deal with the Devil, not GOD!” He managed to get up this time but the next blow to the face came on far too quick for him to see. The mask became twisted from the power of the blow and Doom began to sweat inside his armor as the room began to feel more like a devil’s furnace than king’s quarters. The compellingly omnipotent and devilish voice continued to ring all across the hall like echoes of funeral bells. “God is fair. I am not. All I had to do was show Him the contract with her bloody signature on it and her soul was mine. Even God cannot defy those kinds of bonds… and what hope do you have of…”
   “Shut up!!!” Doom could not take it anymore as he viciously lunged forward at the dark red figure in a black overcoat, while using all of his madness and rage towards the coolly malicious voice to conjure up the most powerful spell he had ever known. He forgot everything else in a moment of such powerful rage that the madness even became painful to him as it overfilled him like a balloon, widening all of his boundaries. And then in a momentous flash, it was all gone.
   “Victor… is that you…?” Doom’s hands involuntarily dropped at his side, all of the magic diminishing. A ghostly white silhouette of his mother was standing before him, with pure crystal tears on her eyes. He could feel a tug on the inside of his chest, a feeling he despised and secretly longed for throughout all of his life. He knew it was her soul.
   “Mother… I will free you from this. I swear to you. I will free you!” Doom’s hands unwillingly reached out to her, longing for a touch he so sorely missed. Suddenly, she disappeared just as quickly as she came to be in front of him and a burning grip was all around his neck, raising him up in the air and shaking him vigorously.
   “Mem…Memphissstoooo…” Doom could feel the air escaping his lungs, the weight of his armor becoming hot and heavy like a metal coffin all around him. He tried to claw at the vice-like grip around his throat but uselessly. He began to smell flesh burning as his lungs began to collapse. The electrical voltage that was used as a fail-safe system in his armor began to electrocute Satan but did not manage to even make him stutter.
   “I have existed since the beginning of time itself and I will exist until the end of all ends. I know every blackmail, every spell, every charm, and every manipulation you could ever possibly think of. Maybe you could have stood a chance against me out there, on Earth, but not in here. Not while I have your mother in the pits of Hades.” His speech was disturbingly cold, reigning and wickedly self-assured. Doom could not even make a retaliating sound as his vision began to slowly fade to black.    
   He was flung through the air like a dirty rag, pirouetting a few times before managing to land on the stairs on front of the bloodied throne that was whole once more. Doom felt pain sinisterly coursing throughout his whole body, reminding him of the cost of retaliation but the hot air in his lungs felt like a tiny speckle of salvation for which he knew there was no hope.
   “So… I trust you have spoken with Namor?” Memphisto appeared on the throne in front of him with an expression on his face as if nothing just happened. Doom could not even muster the strength to stand, only able to grind his teeth in suppressed hatred.
   “Yes M… Mas… Master…” Speaking that word felt like trying to push a spiked ball out of his throat, but Doom managed to obey.
   “That’s what I like to hear… They have no idea. An even darker reign is coming…”

The Psyentist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By The Psyentist

Ooh. Nice writing. "Trying to push a spiked ball out of his throat". How horribly vivid. :)

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Hadrelius

Doom's master is an ancient god of death. Older than the Asgardians or all other patheon of deities and more powerful than any. He is so powerful that he is not subject to just earth and roams the universe causing death and destruction. He meet Doom after his failed attempt to rescue his mother's soul and promised to teach him what he needed to know if he would serve him in a later time. He also promised Doom that he would survive his later coming if he proved himself worthy, this is why Doom constantly sought power. The offer to Doom has been granted to no other which became the catalyst of Doom's ego.

I came up with the god theory because Doom has always gave some form of respect to deities as recently seen when Loki entered the room at their meeting with Osborne.  

lboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By lboy

Maybe Mephisto!!!

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By warlock360
Alpha said:
"

Doom's master is an ancient god of death. Older than the Asgardians or all other patheon of deities and more powerful than any. He is so powerful that he is not subject to just earth and roams the universe causing death and destruction. He meet Doom after his failed attempt to rescue his mother's soul and promised to teach him what he needed to know if he would serve him in a later time. He also promised Doom that he would survive his later coming if he proved himself worthy, this is why Doom constantly sought power. The offer to Doom has been granted to no other which became the catalyst of Doom's ego.

I came up with the god theory because Doom has always gave some form of respect to deities as recently seen when Loki entered the room at their meeting with Osborne.  

"
as said on the page before, bingo

Voidheart said:
"http://www.comicvine.com/the-marquis-of-death/29-59172/

can go ahead and die...
"

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Hadrelius
Voidheart said:
"Alpha said:
"

"

Voidheart said:

can go ahead and die...
"

"
I was just adding to what is already known.

Were we to make up something new all together?
Avatar image for kevinthegamer94
kevinthegamer94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By kevinthegamer94

Dr.Doom's master has to be a person with a very good reason for teaching him things. This person could be Franklin Richards. In the future the FF's last great battle results in the deaths of The Thing, The Human Torch, and The Invisible Woman. Reed distraught with grief begins to neglect Franklin and Valeria, as he sinks deeper into his scientific studies. The deaths of his friends and wife cause Reed to lose his sense of right and wrong, leaving no moral boundaries. With this Reed begins to test his increasingly more destructive experiment on the world, pitting them against heroes villians and the millitaries of all countries. Soon the world is turned into a desolate wasteland. Though a small resistance now led by Franklin and Valeria Richards still fight in the hopes of killing Reed since he has become to dangerous to live. Reed seeing the resistance as more test targets for his creations, releases a swarm of super sentinels of his own design.
Soon the resistance is all but destroyed  by the super sentinels. Franklin and Valeria quickly enact a last effort contigency plan, an attack on Reed's main workshop The Baxter Building. Franklin, Valeria and a few others barely make it inside. They move quickly to the main lab to kill Reed only to discover that Reed had long built a base below ground just as super sentinels begin destroying the baxter builing. As this happens Valeria has their men prep a time portal. Valeria tells Franklin that their was one person who could have stopped this Dr. Doom. She tells him that if Doom had suceeded in his conquest of earth he would have brought an eternity of peace and prosperity. giving him a small device containing files on the past and technology of the future Valeria sends Franklin to the past to become Dr. Dooms mentor knowing that it will drastically change this future but hopefully for the better.
The time portal leaves Franklin in Latveria where he proceeds to Doom's castle. The gates prove to be of little hindrance, Franklin had learned to control the great power he possesed so all outer defenses fall easily. As Franklin destroys all obstacles in his way he relizes how far his father had advanced tchnology. In the future one of his fathers attack robots are challenges even for him, here dooms robots drop like flies. Franklin soon finds himself before doom himself. Doom uses a large cannon sized lazer most likely designed to destroy the mightiest of earths heroes, Franklin has to admit it did sting a little. Before it can recharge Franklin smashes the weapon and backhands Doom through a wall.
 Knowing he is defeated again after losing the power of the beyonder and now him and all of his forces defeated by one man Doom feels crushing defeat. but instead of striking a final blow the stranger pulls him to his feet. Doom confused as to who this man is asks "who are you?".
Fanklin replies"I'm the man who will help you take over the world."

Avatar image for deactivated-5f10a0c8ad118
deactivated-5f10a0c8ad118

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

Dr. Manhattan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Dr. Manhattan
Slinger said:
"Here's my entry, not much, but here goes...
    There is in fact only one person who could ever boast to be greater than Dr. Doom, and that is Victor Von Doom himself! No longer needing his famed time platform, from a distant future, Victor Von Doom, travels back in time to teach his great pupil every technique he can to help him thrive in the world he is destined to conquer, all the while increasing his power in his  own time.

While the future Doom has knowledge of everything that will happen in his younger self's life, he can only teach him the techniques to combat all of the hardships he might face. If he were to give the younger Doom any specific details, he could cause a horrible cascading paradox that could erase himself from his own time-line. There is however one revelation that he shows the up and coming Doctor Doom, a vision of a perfect future, one where Doom is lord of the entire universe.

No Caption Provided
    Doom himself fears what he will become, seeing the bleak world that he is destined to create. One where he holds absolute power, where he is truly the one above all. In this future, the Earth no longer exists, and what is left of sentient life in the universe has been warped and twisted to Doom's will. People toil as if robots, unfeeling, and uncaring. Doing their master's bidding without complaint, without even thought. In this grim future, there is only one other free will that remains, that of Doom's greatest rival, Reed Richards.

Reed is constantly tortured for Doom's amusement. Reliving his greatest past failure, forced to repeatedly experience the tragic loss of his friend, his brother in law, his wife, and finally his children. All crushed beneath Doom's heel. He pays for his past hubris for eternity, his life extended through Doom's might.

In this future, Doom is synonymous with divinity. There is no God, no power cosmic, no Death, only DOOM!
"
I really like this idea the best out of the ones mentioned, because for me, a fan and collector of FF comics for 27 years, it's hard for me to believe Doom has a master.  It is so out of character for him.  It's kind of what makes Doom one of the best villains.  When the Beyonder wanted the heroes and villains to compete against themselves to get whatever they desired, Doom chose to try to usurp the power of the Beyonder because Doom is nobody's pawn.  An older version of Doom coming from the future to the past seems logical because Doom would only call one person master...himself.

Unless this Doom is not real one, but in fact a Skrull, which would make sense that he is out of character.  So my second theory is that this Doom is not the real Doom at all.  Would Doom have allowed himself to be captured?  Not likely.  Would he have a master?  Not likely, but a Skrull would.  Perhaps this Doom is the long since seen from Kristoff Vernard.  Doom is capable of using his mind swapping ability that he learned from the Ovoids. Maybe Doom himself is the master, and this person is not Doom at all, but Kristoff or even Boris, who has referred to the real Doom as master many times before.  Wouldn't it be plausible for Doom to use his mind swapping ability just before he gets captured to make someone else take his place instead?
Sheep-Kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 24

#41  Edited By Sheep-Kill

He should be called Last Days.  He was a wise man from ancient Babylon,  He was the first scientist who was mocked for his studies but then invented a machine the ripped open to mountains forming volcanos starts the fall of Sodom and Gomorrah.  But during this event he got fused with the machine making him a giant mesh of moving rock and metal of gigantic size and brute force.

When Doom tried to bring his mother from the dead,  One of the early tools Doom tried to use was a book written by Last Days.  Seeing that the object was cursed, Last Days was mystically bonded with Doom's mind.  From then on, Doom would see Last Days as a mentor and even a God-like figure.  Till then Last Days hides and thinks deep inside the mountains of Tibet.  Waiting to release a whole new nightmare.

Last Days powers prior to the machine accident, Last Days was an ancient wise man named Garrend.  He was a very skilled alchemist, necromancer, and threw major meditation, one of the world's first telepaths.  Due to what he did to Sodom and Gomorrah, the people who hated the two cities put a hex on him that what ever he touched would be a cursed object and will itself become a tool of Last Days destruction.  Some of the objects he touched would in fact lead to the creation of many devilish tools, some leading to the creation of many Marvel villains, including Doom.  The machine which he is now is as big as a mountain and can rip open various parts in the earth creating earthquakes, volcanos, tsunamis and more.  Plus it can absorb various energies.

Suigetsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Suigetsu

The master is a very old being that was the very first on trying to alter the fate and the course that humanity was taken. well if not the first then the very first with unimaginable powers at least? He uses the entire brain when it comes to thinking and has developed a  comprehension for things , actions and consequences  that other inteligent beings may not sympathize with. not necesarly because they are bad but because it would change the way of living that they are used to.
After all it was all for the Greater Good.

Time didnt affect him , for he had understanding of how he's body worked and he had complete control over it ,he could keep regenerating it or at least prevent it from decaying. He whent to remote places of the earth in order to submerg in he's toughts and analyze them and meditate.
The world and humanity sometimes bothered him for they where lesser inteligent beings and he considered them as spoiled children playing factions and wanting more.

When he first Discovered Victor Von Doom , he saw a child with great potential of comprehension. Sice he didnt had kids he decided to take him under he's wing as he's herald and adopt him. Teaching him everything he knew by steps so he could understand.

He sended Victor to America so he could be educated properly and in the very best possible way, after all he had to have the best of the best for he was he's herald and child.
Victor was very grateful, specially since he had came from poberty and now he was given a one chance of ten lifetimes.

After wath happened in the college, Victor returned humiliated and devastated , This didnt angered he's master and father for he's comprehension was beyond belif. He then keept teaching Victor more things , like magical arts and gave him he's very first mask for he was a very good friend of the tibet monks for he used to go there to meditate.

When Dr. Doom decided to go rescue he's mother from mephisto's realm, He's master tought this would be a perfect in order to test Dr. Doom skills and he refused to help him for he claimed that he had teached him enought to Doom in order to suceed.
He's calculations sometimes made Doom tattle but Proud aswell for he wa sbeing tought by the very best that there existed in the MU.

POWERS:
Super inteligence and comprehension of things in the universe: This pretty much allows him to do anything that he proposes, to create the most complicated things like machines, manipulation of the elements, space and gravity control , Magic mastery and the control of he's own body.

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By warlock360
Alpha said:
"Voidheart said:
"Alpha said:
"

"

Voidheart said:

can go ahead and die...
"

"
I was just adding to what is already known.

Were we to make up something new all together?"
dont think so
Avatar image for angelique_lebeau
Angelique LeBeau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Angelique LeBeau
G-Man said:
"So the contest is this, Who Is Dr. Doom's Master? Come up with the back story of who could be more badass than Doom to get him to take orders from him.  2 - 3 paragraphs detailing his origin, powers, meeting with Doom, etc.  
Voidheart said:
"dont think so"
Actually, yeah. Your suppose to write a story about who Doom's master is (can be whoever you want).
Its not a contest to see who can guess the right answer.

Elixir95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#45  Edited By Elixir95

Doom ferociously screamed at his slave, striking across the face.  His mask shielded his expression, but Doom conveyed his anger in his powerful voice, continuing to yell at the slave as he crawled away "IMBCILE!  I SAID NO ICE!  NO ICE!  FETCH ME ANOTHER!"
     Doom returned to his golden thrown in the big hall, gazing out into its emptiness.  Shadows crawled up the tall dull walls, wooden supports holding the wide wooden ceiling above him.  Doom fell back into his chair lazily, clicking his fingers, producing small magical lights in an attempt to amuse himself, sadly to no avail.  He even threw a rainbow along the legth of the hall, but that didn't entertain him for long.  But someone else chuckled happily in one of the shadows.
     "That's so cool!" A childish voice rang through the room, echoing constantly.  Doom spun his head around and around, looking for the source of the sound.  Yet again, his emotion was not shown via his face, but his body movements, the rapid swinging and turning, spoke for itself.
     Doom shook his fist in the air, posing gloriously while gawping upwards "SHOW YOURSELF TO DOOM,  KING OF L--"                                                                                                                   
     A fist slammed into the back of Doom's head, knocking him over.  As the attack came from behind, and the fact that the gaps in Doom's mask were almost slits, he was not able to identify the attacker.  As soon as Doom's head slanmed the floor, he had no time get up before a foot kicked him in the ribs.  This time, he managed to catch a small glimpse of the shoes of the assailant: small rounded bright pink and white trainers with butterflies.  The image stuck in his mind as he was hurtled across the lengthy room and smashed through the stone wall of the castle.  He landed with a crash, as one would assume, into the dark bleak night filled streets of his country Latveria.  He slowly pushed himself to his feet, blood flowing down his body from grazes and cuts across his body.  Using magic, he began to heal himself, but almost as soon as he began a small fist slammed into his stomach, knocking him back again.
     "Dr. Doom, you suck!"  The girly voice rang in his head.  Doom tried not to show fear, but he couldn't help it.  Three hits and a voice in his head.  Three hits and a voice in his head.  Three hits and a voice in his head.  And yet the voice was that of a child.  As he slammed into the ground, he tried to cushing the blow, but was unsuccessful, and slammed into it even harder this time. 
     "Why try, Dr. Evilzoid?" The child voice spoke aloud again.  Doom couldn't even lift his head, but those bright shoes taunted him yet again "I'm strongerer than you.  With muscle and head."
    Dr. Doom gasped for breathe struggling as he tried to force a question, but blood was slowly filling his lungs.  He tried to lift his head, but his strength was drained, but his opponent kindly helped, grabbing him by the neck and raising him up.  Luckily for him, the attacker wasn't very tall , so his knees were still able to touch the floor.  From this view, he was able to get a proper view of the assailant: long brown hair parted in the middle ran down either side of her head, decorated with a yellow band with bunny ears.  Her eyes glowed bright pink, her mouth wide open in a childish grin.  It was hard to differentiate between all the clothing as it was all pink: pink jacket with silver butterflies, a pink under top with white stripes but blue jeans with pink seems running up them.  She spoke boisterously, in no attempt to sound scary "Daughter of two rents with mind powers, and no mind power myself.  LOL.  As if.  I'm not ready to come out of the closet yet (not in the gay way, in the villain way), so if you end up losing again to another hero as I'm expecting, and you start talking, make stuff up.  Tell 'em I'm the first villain ever or sumthin'.  Anyways...  Dr. Doom (how suckish is that name), now you work for... 

"Molly Hayes."

The Psyentist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By The Psyentist

Or it could be the Psyentist.
 Because I am badass.

No Caption Provided

POWERS:
She possessed telekinesis (the ability to move objects with the mind) and the ability to "psi-jump" into the mind and body (giving her the ability to control every aspect of them, absorb their energy into herself, manipulate their mind and memories, even implant illusions that last after she has left them). She is incredibly intelligent and is very good at reading people.

HISTORY:

After their ninth month, the twins ALEX X and ALEX Y were delivered and given to an interim foster family. When ALEX X was thirteen she discovered what they were doing to her brother. Experimentation involving chemical hypnosis, violent exercises of combat in his chemical trance, and constant genetic alterations. She informed her horror stricken foster mother who then smuggled the two out of the country to the United States.
          It was here that ALEX X, under the alias Alexandra Steele, first discovered her mutant powers."

MEETING WITH DOOM:

Alexandra attended Empire State University which is where she first met Victor von Doom. She was fascinated by him. He was powerful, intelligent...but something was odd about him. She was tempted to psi-jump into him to reveal his mystery. She introduced herself, expressed her interest in his personality, and explained that she wished to interview and study him as a part of a paper. She knew his vainity would not allow him to decline. She studied him. Knew how he worked. he was not unlike herself. A platonic companionship

arose. And she knew she could use him to achieve her own ends--to rule the world.
         This plan was shattered when Doom was expelled from the university. He went scarred to his beloved Latveria, whom he would conquer and become supreme ruler. But the two were reuinited again. Alexandra invited Doom to the ceremony to award her with a prize for her developments in the field of psychological medicine. She moved to Latveria to counsel him and become his advisor. Doom knew of her power and considered her an ally, but he also knew she could destroy his mind and crush him with a thought. She gave him ideas of global conquest and helped him devise plots. He was powerful and beause of her became more powerful. He would rule. And she would be there holding the strings.

Latverian Pride...couldn't resist...
Latverian Pride...couldn't resist...

The Psyentist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By The Psyentist

Yes. I am vain.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By gmanfromheck

Lots of good entries.  The winner will be announced later.  Stay tuned.

No Caption Provided

Citizen Vance*

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Citizen Vance*

Reed Richards is a Judo expert?

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points