• 73 results
gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

DC Collectibles does a great job with their action figures. Their current line from the New 52 are all in scale to each other and it's always fun to see who you can get next. With the holidays coming up, these figures make great additions to your wish lists when people ask. They make great gifts for friends or family that are into the characters.

DC Collectibles has released some Teen Titans figures. They have one for Red Robin, Kid Flash, Wonder Girl, and Superboy (click each name to check out the description over at DC's online shop). I really want the Red Robin figure!

No Caption Provided

How can you win?

One person will be chosen at random to win all four figures, as long as you live in the United States of course. Sorry, that's the way the laws work.

What you have to do is tell us what is your favorite Teen Titans issue, cover, or story arc. But you must link to the page in our wiki. All their appearances can be found here: http://www.comicvine.com/teen-titans/4060-19081/issues-cover/ Also, tell us why you like it within a few sentences. It's that easy.

The contest is open from now until Monday, December 1, at 6:00 a.m PT.

Here's the rules and stuff we're required to post:

Eligibility: Comic Vine Giveaways (the "Giveaways") are open only to individuals who are legal residents of the fifty (50) United States (including the District of Columbia) and are 18 years of age or older. Employees of CBS Interactive, its advertising or promotion agencies, those involved in the production, development, implementation or handling of a Giveaway, any agents acting for, or on behalf of the above entities, their respective parent companies, officers, directors, subsidiaries, affiliates, licensees, service providers, prize suppliers any other person or entity associated with Giveaway (collectively "Giveaway Entities") and/or the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members (whether related or not) of each such employee, are not eligible. Subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void in Puerto Rico and where prohibited by law.

Sponsor: The Giveaways are sponsored by Comic Vine, 235 2nd Street, San Francisco, CA ("Sponsor") and DC Entertainment.

Agreement to Official Rules: Participation in a Giveaway constitutes entrant's full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.

Entrants acknowledge and agree that the Giveaway Entities may have developed or may in the future develop ideas that may be similar to entrant's submission, that any such similarity shall be coincidental, and that entrant shall have no rights whatsoever in or to, and the Giveaway Entities shall have no obligation to entrant for the Giveaway Entities' use of, any such ideas.

Entry Period: The start and end times/dates (the "Entry Period") are located on the applicable Giveaway page.

Giveaway Entry/Submission: Follow the directions on the applicable Giveaway page in order to submit an entry. The use of any agencies or automated software to submit entries will void all entries submitted by that person.

Winner Selection: Winner(s) will be selected via random drawing. The odds of being selected depend on the number of eligible entries received. Potential winner(s) will be contacted via private message and will be asked to provide their first and last names, age and mailing address. If a potential winner does not respond within the timeframe stated in the notification p.m. (one week), the Sponsor may select an alternate potential winner in his/her place at random from all entries received during the Entry Period.

Requirements of the Potential Winners: Except where prohibited, the potential winner(s) may be required to complete and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release (the "Affidavit/Release") within seven (7) days of being notified. If a potential winner fails to sign and return the Affidavit/Release within the required time period, an alternate entrant may be selected in his/her place.

Prize(s): The prize(s) are located on the applicable Giveaway page. No cash or other substitution may be made, except by the Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a prize with another prize of equal or greater value if the prize is not available for any reason as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion. The winner is responsible for any taxes and fees associated with receipt or use of a prize.

General Conditions: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Giveaway is impaired in any way for any reason, including, but not limited to fraud, virus, or other technical problem, the Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either: (a) suspend the Giveaway to address the impairment and then resume the Giveaway in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; or (b) award the prize at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. The Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Giveaway or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Giveaway may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. In case of a dispute as to the owner of an entry, entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the screen name from which the entry is made. The authorized account holder is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.

Release and Limitations of Liability: By participating in the Giveaway, entrants agree to release and hold harmless the Giveaway Entities from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Giveaway or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Giveaway; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone or network lines; (c) printing errors; (d) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail; (e) errors in the administration of the Giveaway or the processing of entries; or (f) injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant's participation in the Giveaway or receipt of any prize. Entrant further agrees that in any cause of action, the Giveaway Entities' liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Giveaway, and in no event shall the Giveaway Entities be liable for attorney's fees. Entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.

Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Giveaway or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the Commonwealth of Virginia. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrant's rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsors in connection with the Giveaway, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the Commonwealth of Virginia or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the Commonwealth of Virginia.

Publicity: Participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes Winner's consent to Sponsor's use of Winner's name, likeness, picture, portrait, voice, opinions, biographical information and state of residence for promotional, publicity or advertising purposes worldwide in any media and on the World Wide Web, in perpetuity, without further payment, consideration, review or consent (where allowable).

For those new to the site or if you've forgotten, please do not spam the comments with other conversation. Comments in contest posts should only deal with entries.

Good luck. Be sure to check out DC Entertainment's online store if you're interested in these or more.

UPDATE

The contest is now closed. Thanks to everyone that entered. You really brought back some memories with the stories and issues you mentioned. Hopefully those not familiar with them will check them out.

No Caption Provided

As for the winner by random selection, congrats to SWagner017. Provided he lives in the U.S. (I'm pretty sure he does) and he gets back to me within seven days, he will have to make room in his collection for these figures. If not, a second winner will be notified.

Thanks to DC Entertainment as well for providing the figures. Be sure to check out their online store. Lots of good stuff there.

Sawcesome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Sawcesome

I've read this so many times, the glue has lost its glue-y-ness. It actually got me to start reading modern comics. The Future Is Now

ReviewerOne_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

Canada....

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Just by looking at these figures you can see one of the biggest problems the Titans had in the New 52, a bad color scheme. All of them are wearing either red, yellow, or black, with Bunker contributing a little purple. The team was made up of too many hot colors, no greens, blues or whites among the team, and that bad mix of colors made the book even less enjoyable then it already was. That's what's nice about this new run, there is a healthy mix of colors and looks to balance out the team.

All that aside, the costumes themselves are very nice and these are some good looking figures.

Avatar image for jeffncarrie4234
jeffncarrie4234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This was the beginning of the Teen Titans for me

http://www.comicvine.com/the-new-teen-titans-1-the-new-teen-titans/4000-20776/

I absolutely loved Raven and her character development.

deadcool_XD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

5Keemooks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gonna go old school, The Judas Contract (http://www.comicvine.com/judas-contract/4045-40760/). Not only great action but kind of a coming of age feel. Titans are shown how truly awful people can be.

alanfrancis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By alanfrancis

My favorite Teen Titan story arc is "Who is Donna Troy". I'm hoping to win these cool set.

http://www.comicvine.com/teen-titans/4060-19081/issues-cover/

Boynerdgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@captainmarvel4ever: yup agree with you :) the costume design is important in superhero comics !

Oh btw, thus New Gods new 52 action figure line is on sale ? I want to get Highfather and Metron and probably Mister Miracle action figure lol

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

When there's trouble, you know who to call

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bladewolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superboy is my favorite Teen Titan because of his determination and perseverance. Even when the odds are wildly stacked against him, he fights to the last. Also, 90s Superboy had such a flair!

And here's a link to Superboy's page:

http://www.comicvine.com/superboy/4005-1686/

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

senge123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know if they count but the justice titans in Superman/Batman #60 - Mash Up, Part 1.

Something about the combination of these characters is whimsical and yet awesome. Nightlantern might be my favorite

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not entirely sure if it counts, but I really loved Graduation Day. For the lasting effects that came from the event, to the overall feel of it. Like these characters had really hit a point where they transcended what they once were as kid heroes/heroines.

http://www.comicvine.com/titansyoung-justice-graduation-day/4045-48399/

CrystalMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captainmarvel4ever: a quote taken directly from Linkara, but true. Also, someone exists you likes Superboy's costume, the rest are serviceable but superboy's is just ugly and plain, though to be fair other then jeans and t shirt, he's never had a good outfit

Maglor360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crystalmaster said:

@captainmarvel4ever: a quote taken directly from Linkara, but true. Also, someone exists you likes Superboy's costume, the rest are serviceable but superboy's is just ugly and plain, though to be fair other then jeans and t shirt, he's never had a good outfit

Actually that's something I noticed from the first time I saw the series, but your right Linkara did say that and I agree with him. I like the tron outfit on Superboy, it's cool, it's dynamic, and it give a lot for the ladies to look at ;)

slade_wilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slade_wilson: Glad to see someone remembers Deathstroke's connection to the Titans, a concept DC can't seem to remember these days.

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Rubear

Wonder Girl in black, hm?)

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 140

This was an incredibly hard question .... But I think I'm going to have to go with "A Kids Game" by Geoff Johns and Mckone and the cover to Teen Titans issue one

http://www.comicvine.com/teen-titans-1-teen-titans/4000-111044/.

Before I read this book, I had only known the Titans from the cartoon (which I was dangerously obsessed with lol). I was pretty shocked to learn that the team actually existed in the comics and had an immense and colorful history filled with character knew and ones that I was suddenly inspired to know more about. The arc itself was fantastically done. I was developed an immense respect for Tim Drake, and aching sympathy for Superboy, an adoration for Wonder Girl and Bart Allen. Despite not having a previous connection to these character I developed a listing love for each one of them, especially Bart who I probably connected with the most at the time. I've been a superhero fan since I was young but this book is what made me a comic fan.

P.S Saturday Is my birthday......just randomly throwing that out there.....no hidden agenda at all....

CrystalMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captainmarvel4ever: No, i mean literally just replace figures with pages and you've got the exact same quote,

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sawcesome: omg yes , i was just abot to post this and captain marvel jr on the opposing side?? such a great story

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crystalmaster: Could you rephrase that? I'm not quite sure what you were trying to say.

sentryman555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By sentryman555
CrystalMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captainmarvel4ever: Just by looking at these figures you can see one of the biggest problems the Titans had in the New 52, a bad color scheme. All of them are wearing either red, yellow, or black, with Bunker contributing a little purple. The team was made up of too many hot colors, no greens, blues or whites among the team,

just replace figures with pages and you have the exact same quote

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crystalmaster: Again, I'm not sure what your trying to say. Also when quoting someone you should really use the quote button to the left of the link button.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MrMazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 299

User Lists: 8

#32  Edited By MrMazz

Easily, The Judas Contract

It's a surprisingly precient storyline. Terra is an utter sociopath she isn't mind controlled, she wasn't slowly turned no she was just evil to begin with. At the sametime its some just great melodrama with Terra's just pure hatred and the backstory of Slade and JEricho.

SevanGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

User Lists: 9

#33  Edited By SevanGrim

Without a doubt its Titans/Young Justice: Graduation Day.

Before YJ became the Teen Titans, my big dream for every member of my favorite young team was for each of them to slowly move up to the Titans ranks. Seeing them side by side was amazing, and having the end result being a nearly full team graduation makes me truly appreciative of what that story did.

http://www.comicvine.com/titansyoung-justice-graduation-day/4045-48399/

KungFuPurp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gotta go with The Judas Contract id say that really kept my attention during the time more so than others . I thought overall it was a great story arc start to finish . http://www.comicvine.com/the-new-teen-titans-the-judas-contract/4050-37465/

Boynerdgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Boynerdgeek

Oh regarding topic of Teen Titans :

I don't think Marv Wolfman - George Perez New Teen Titans is same level as Claremont - Byrne X-men . Before everyone gets mad and angry at me, remember Claremont - Byrne first that start the X-men, then DC decide to hire Marv Wolfman and George Perez which at that time works at Marvel to somewhat try to do success with Teen Titans. Also Claremont - Byrne redefines X-men and make X-men popular and relevant until today. Wolfman-Perez make Teen Titans popular only at that time only and soon popularity of Teen Titans begins to decrease. Another factor is that during Byrne - Claremont X-men, we can name many great stories that have been produce such as Dark Phoenix Saga, Days of Future Past, God Loves Man Kills etc while the most popular storyline from All New Teen Titans is Judas Contract...Also Claremont - Byrne X-men have created many great X-men villains but New Teen Titans only created one big villains which is Deathstroke only. Also Claremont X-men makes Wolverine become one of the most popular superheroes of all time

Look...I read many DC Universe Comics but I do think some of us that consider New Teen Titans is same level as Claremont X-men is not accurate. I do think New Teen Titans is good comics but it is not same level as legendary run of Claremont X-men

Worth mention : as much I love Jack Kirby, I always will say that original X-men by Stan Lee - Jack Kirby is their worst collabration. I love their fantastic four and The Galactus Trilogy is pretty much the best events in comics at that time and it is still great

Avatar image for elric_whitemane
Elric Whitemane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#36  Edited By Elric Whitemane

"the insiders" which was a 4 part crossover arc between teen titans and the outsiders. Great story with huge repercussions for both teams. a definite read for any tt fan.

Here is the cover for the first part for good measure, its a good one.

No Caption Provided

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By w0nd

Just by looking at these figures you can see one of the biggest problems the Titans had in the New 52, a bad color scheme. All of them are wearing either red, yellow, or black, with Bunker contributing a little purple. The team was made up of too many hot colors, no greens, blues or whites among the team, and that bad mix of colors made the book even less enjoyable then it already was. That's what's nice about this new run, there is a healthy mix of colors and looks to balance out the team.

All that aside, the costumes themselves are very nice and these are some good looking figures.

I wasn't a fan that they all had some sort of tron outfit in the start

JTMac005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By JTMac005

Geoff Johns' run on Teen Titans from 2003 to 2007 was EPIC. Every arc with Mike Mckone or Tony Daniel on pencils was awesome! If i had to pick a favorite arc it would probably be Titans of Tomorrow. The amazing action/art, and the dialogue/writing/tension/drama was what all comic creators should strive for

Favorite Cover:

No Caption Provided
Can't decide between them!
Can't decide between them!

CaseyJustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By CaseyJustice

Young Justice was the comic that made me love comics, and when I heard that my favorite characters from the team were graduating to the Titans, I was excited. But then, as the series got darker and darker, tying into the various Crises in DC at the time, I realized that the series didn't have that special balance between fun super heroics and poignant character work that YJ had.

But then I found something that did.

Loading Video...

Dismissed by many for it's overly comedic style, Teen Titans TAS (sorry, you guys don't have a dedicated page for the 'toon, so just scroll down to the Animated section) was capable of delivering on powerful stories that challenged our heroes and the audiences watching them, all without breaking it's remit as a fun, age-appropriate action adventure.

The best example? Look no further than Slade's slow, calculated seduction (minds out of the gutter, slashers) of Robin over the course of Season 1. His entire criminal campaign served only to make the Boy Wonder more and more obsessed with defeating his arch enemy, even at the expense of his teammates. And Slade's twisted final move to make Robin his protege? Surprisingly dark, enhanced by Ron Perlman's masterful, terrifying performance.

Between all that, streamlined (and improved) adaptations of The Judas Contract and The Terror of Trigon and a heavy dose of Silver Age imagination? This is the best version of the Teen Titans, in comics or out.

batmanfan1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really enjoyed the finale of The Culling Teen Titans #9 New 52. It was interesting to see the plans that Harvest had put in motion, and the different multitude of powers was pretty awesome.

Teen Titans 9

CaseyJustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@senge123 - I thought I was the only one who remembered that story! Manapul designing amalgamated Leaguers/Titans? Such a good time!

mightypug78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ever since i read my big sisters copy of it, the judas contract is my favorite teen titan story arc. The terminator is awesome and Tara is cray-cray. Seriously she was a psycho. Thank goodness they toned her down in the Teen Titans show.

SWagner017

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

slade_wilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eddieboy3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Eddieboy3

I am absolutely in love with the way DC Comics went with Teen Titans GO!

It gives a whole new take to the iconic team of young heroes, and still manages to captivate the great spirit of the team! I'm 24 years old and STILL find myself watching this series. Couldn't have been more satisfied with this hilarious and light-hearted imagining of such an awesome creation. It made it hard to choose because the rough feel to the Teen Titans is just too amazing, but Teen Titans Go! gave DC Comics something to add to their plate.

P.S. I've been wanting these four action figures for sooooooo long! I have all the Justice League New 52 action figures, but couldn't spend anymore money. These would TRULY be the best thing ever!!!

Atomiic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Atomiic

Geoff Johns Teen Titans run is what got me into comics when I was in the 7th grade. It had a perfect roster for my interests at the time with some of the characters from the original teen titans animated show, and some legacy characters that I could very easily relate to. Recently I got all my old Trades from my parents house and gave them to my girlfriend who is a 9th grade reading teacher to a under privilege public school. She keeps them in her class room and lets kids check them out and take home from time to time. She has said the kids faces lit up when she brought them in and that many kids can't afford to buy comics.

My favorite story that has not been listed yet is in issue 5, Which contains the evolution of Bart Allen from impulse to kid flash and includes awesome Deathstroke action.

Found Here

No Caption Provided

Kingrulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Kingrulk

Titans of tomorrow was my favorite. It showed how even these bright kids can grow to be dark and showed them picking up their respective legacies. .

http://www.comicvine.com/teen-titans-51-titans-of-tomorrow-today-part-1-fut/4000-114956/

ghoulhearty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Even though he is a big scary demon, I have to thank Trigon the Terrible for not being so terrible when he created Raven. In New Teen Titans # 5 "Trigon Lives", we get our introduction to his awesomeness.

http://www.comicvine.com/the-new-teen-titans-5-trigon-lives/4000-21086/

SpectrumBlur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have to go with the Judas Contract on this one:

http://www.comicvine.com/judas-contract/4045-40760/

Yeah, the actual story arc played out over Tales of the Teen Titans #42, #43, #44, and Tales of the Teen Titans Annual #3, but it connected to so many thinks Wolfman and Perez introduced through the beginning of their run. Deathstroke picked up on Ravager's old contract with H.I.V.E., we got Deathstroke's origin story, we were introduced to Jericho and Terra, Terra betrayed the team, Dick Grayson took on the identity of Nightwing for the first time, there is so much stuff here, and it only covered 4 issues! This is the callback storyline I always go to when I discuss with others how dangerous Deathstroke could be. Of course he's got enhanced physicals, but the patience and mentality to come up with this plan? The prep work involved? Getting Terra on the team, and getting the Titans to trust her, even with her deteriorating mental state? That mind is what makes Deathstroke truly scary.

I've always enjoyed comics, but in my opinion, The Judas Contract is real storytelling.

34emoran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

http://www.comicvine.com/the-new-teen-titans-1-shadows-in-the-dark/4000-24561/

Issue one of the second title called New Teen Titans. The first 40 issues at my local shop all for 25 cents and I absolutely love this series. Issue one is my favorite because its the first I saw and what made me dig for all the others