gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck
No Caption Provided

Prelude to X-Men: Schism is underway. We may not fully know what Schism is about but we do know it's going to split the team. There have been teaser images showing Wolverine and Cyclops fighting each other.

Today, Marvel has announced X-Men: ReGenesis, a bold new direction redefining the X-Men franchise. If the team is going to split, it makes sense that Marvel plans on ending Uncanny X-Men will end in October with issue #544.

Of course we all knew Uncanny X-Men would be gone forever. ReGenesis will begin with two new X-Men series: Uncanny X-Men #1 and Wolverine and the X-Men #1. The team will be split and the question is asked, "Who will you follow?"

Marvel says we will be surprised at who decides to follow who. They also mention that there's never been two teams calling themselves X-Men (but didn't we essentially have two teams with the Blue and Gold teams in the early 90s?).

Who will the creative teams be on each title?

== TEASER ==
No Caption Provided

Jason Aaron and Chris Bachalo will launch Wolverine and the X-Men #1 in October, which assembles a team led by (you guessed it) Wolverine. I often hear that Wolverine isn't a suitable leader for the X-Men but he was actually the team leader briefly before (plus there was that cool cartoon with the same title as this series). Marvel is also teasing that the team Wolverine assembles will have a line up that nobody will see coming. My question is, will this affect Rick Remender's Uncanny X-Force?

Then in November we'll see Uncanny X-Men #1 written by Kieron Gillen with art by Carlos Pacheco and...Greg Land. No word on who will be leading this team. We can assume it would be Cyclops but if you saw that teaser image with Cyclops' visor sliced to pieces by Wolverine's claws, maybe Cyclops won't be in a condition to lead any team.

Marvel Editor-in-Chief Axel Alonso has said that ReGenesis will affect their entire line, leading to a major conflict in 2012. "Next summer all eyes will be on mutantkind!"

What do you think about all this? Also, Who will you follow?

Duo_forbidden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 604

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By Duo_forbidden

Maybe this Schism event will finally make me get back into X-men completely.

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#2  Edited By sora_thekey

I knew it was just a gimmick!

Avatar image for iron_fist_angel
Iron Fist Angel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Iron Fist Angel

All this did was remind me how much I miss the Wolverine & The X-men cartoon.

I will probably follow whichever team Warren is on.

Omega Ray Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Omega Ray Jay

So they stop Uncanny for... Uncanny? suprise suprise. Even as a fan I have to admit now Wolverine has jumped the shark, the fact that he is now apparently leading mutants in general and not a death squad is quite frankly bonkers.

CaptainCyke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By CaptainCyke

To be fair, Uncanny X-Men isn't gone forever, they just renumbered it... seriously Marvel? If you were going to make a big deal out of Uncanny X-Men ENDING don't just relaunch it, name it like "Cyclops and the X-Men"

KRYPTON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6  Edited By KRYPTON

Two New X-Men Comics, expected. 

Amegashita

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7  Edited By Amegashita

Then in November we'll see Uncanny X-Men #1written by Kieron Gillen with art by Carlos Pacheco and...Greg Land. No word on who will  

Lol, a pause before you introduce Greg Land.  Now, that's funny.
Loki9876

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Loki9876

It's a pretty long time i read a x-men comic but couldn't xavier walk again.

Aeroman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By Aeroman

are they still going to continue with uncanny x-force?

sj_esposito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#10  Edited By sj_esposito

I can't believe Marvel keeps giving Land work -- on some of their biggest books no less. Ugh.

CATPANEXE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11  Edited By CATPANEXE

Called it on splitting into two titles!
* hops around doing half a victory dance before tripping over own foot *

Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

That's hilarious...Emma on Logan's shoulder like that.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#13  Edited By SC  Moderator

Ahahaha. Bwhaha. Guessed both titles, and even cited Wolverine and the X-Men. Marvel is too predictable. My next prediction shall be... A Galactus and Superman 10 issue Maxi Max Series. 

AskaniSon295

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By AskaniSon295

Schism Is making me more interested in reading X-Factor maybe i'll start buying those in graphic novel form. you know what I like about the 90's sure they had 5 different X-teams X-men(Blue) X-men(Gold), X-force,EXcailbur and X-Factor but they all had different names Now it's like they got 5 teams and they are all named X-Men.

SevanGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

User Lists: 9

#15  Edited By SevanGrim

OH LOOK! ANOTHER RE-NUMBERING! IM SO EXCITED!! SEE MY CAPS?!? EXCITED!!!
.... i read the prelude yesterday, and i wasnt even slightly interested in what was going on.

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#16  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
For the record, if Emma leaves Scott and joins Logan's team; I'll be very unhappy with everyone involved in the production of these series.
Enderof295

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Enderof295

This could be a really amazing set up. It all depends on how they do it.  I'm stoked for Bachalo and Pacheco as their art is great.  Land is okay, but basically my only experience with his art was from Phoenix:Endsong, so we'll see.  I hope that Uncanny X-Force doesn't get cancelled because it has been a tight run so far.  I look forward to the repurcussions of Warren being consumed the Archangel persona. 
I'm guessing that Utopia is going to fail.  Perhaps Wolverine is going to pursue a more active agenda for mutant kind, while Cyclops is going to return to the roots of the X-Men being a school.  I'm not sure if Wolverine would ever have the X-Men return to being first and foremost an institution of learning. 
I think there may have been one time where there were two separate teams of X-Men, briefly during the end of Claremont's run on Uncanny.  One team was in space retrieving Xavier, while Muir Island had its own team.  I'm not sure if that counts, though.

Trodorne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 15

#18  Edited By Trodorne

Dear Marvel execs, and Joe Q:
       We the people are sick and tired of all the "New" titles you are releasing. You made your point that you want to saturate the market with your brand but It makes people lose respect for you as a company. So in short please cut down the number of titles you have to the Bare essentials for what we need. If you would require a list of these titles I and Many others would gladly give you a short list of only 30-40 titles which should be out on a monthly basis.

Signed;
      What used to be respective fans.

P.S. Oh and could you please fire Joe Q. thank you.

waruikumo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19  Edited By waruikumo

Marvel Fail. 

They are more concerned about selling toys and sheets than comics. 

I find it's funny that Ult. death of Spider-Man is the one of the most exciting things they are doing.  And it was designed to be that.

TheGoldenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#20  Edited By TheGoldenOne
@FadeToBlackBolt said:

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
For the record, if Emma leaves Scott and joins Logan's team; I'll kill everyone involved in the production of these series.
lol @ the images
TheGoldenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#21  Edited By TheGoldenOne
X-men Civil War -____-
danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By danhimself

Wolverine and the X-men should be good....Jason Aaron has been writing Wolverine really well ever since Wolverine: Weapon X

davelecave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By davelecave
@TheGoldenOne said:
X-men Civil War -____-
danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By danhimself

also I wonder if both teams will be operating out of Utopia or if a team will reopen the Institute...it would make sense for Wolverine's team to operate on the East Coast...it would make commuting for Wolverine a lot easier

pspin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 182

#25  Edited By pspin

Well, i kind of saw it coming but oh well, i am a huge X-fan and will probably get both, the concept is cool enough, X-men fighting X-men. 

And people really shouldn't act all surprised, it was kind of obvious that they would renumber it, and it is only one new book, Wolverine and the X-men, no need to get worked up over it
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
@pspin said:
Well, i kind of saw it coming but oh well, i am a huge X-fan and will probably get both, the concept is cool enough, X-men fighting X-men.  And people really shouldn't act all surprised, it was kind of obvious that they would renumber it, and it is only one new book, Wolverine and the X-men, no need to get worked up over it
Who's worked up? 

-Eclipse-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#27  Edited By -Eclipse-

Ugh... Love the creative team (BACHALO!) on Wolverine and the X-Men, but I have a feeling I'll definitely prefer Uncanny's roster... But... LAND?! >_<

WillRobinson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By WillRobinson

A friend of mine, who is a religious X-Men follower, suggested that Schism is a set up for Cyclops to be the next X-Villain, becoming the new Magneto. I'd definitely read that.

Avatar image for haydenclaireheroes
haydenclaireheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1207

User Lists: 14

I am actually really excited for this story arc. i think I am on wolverines side

MrUnknown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#30  Edited By MrUnknown

Yea that one was way too predictable. Should have gone with Humpty and Dumpty X-men XD

doordoor123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#31  Edited By doordoor123

Aaaaannnnnndddddd dropped. 
@FadeToBlackBolt said:

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
For the record, if Emma leaves Scott and joins Logan's team; I'll be very unhappy with everyone involved in the production of these series.

Best series of pictures to portray your feelings ever!
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
@doordoor123: Thank you. I like you (thumbs up). You will be spared when I inevitably explode destroying virtually all human life on this planet due to the stupidity of this idea.
doordoor123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#33  Edited By doordoor123
@Trodorne said:

Dear Marvel execs, and Joe Q:        We the people are sick and tired of all the "New" titles you are releasing. You made your point that you want to saturate the market with your brand but It makes people lose respect for you as a company. So in short please cut down the number of titles you have to the Bare essentials for what we need. If you would require a list of these titles I and Many others would gladly give you a short list of only 30-40 titles which should be out on a monthly basis.    Signed;       What used to be respective fans.  P.S. Oh and could you please fire Joe Q. thank you.

Too bad thatll never happen. Marvel's business plan is to throw out a million comics and keep whatever sticks. Which works. And gets their fans to like certain writers. 
It seems like DC is going for the same thing. WHich they should. And hopefully DC fans will appreciate more writers.

@doordoor123: xD Thank you!
Sobe Cin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#34  Edited By Sobe Cin

@danhimself
According to the article that marvel, there will be two separate headquarters for the X-Men in each book. 

Myself I'm looking forward to each one. I don't think they need to start over with issue 1 with Uncanny- especially since its the same creative team. But oh well. Not a fine of Bachelo, but will see how it goes for Wolverine and the X-Men. And I have briefly read Aaron's work, not to bad. Just hope he translate's well to a team book. Involving more than just wolverine.

PS I like Greg Land's work.

Avatar image for fenixrevolution
fenixREVOLUTION

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By fenixREVOLUTION

As somei

Avatar image for fenixrevolution
fenixREVOLUTION

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By fenixREVOLUTION

As someone just getting into the X books, I'm excited.

jubilee042

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By jubilee042

gee didn't see that coming and emma is on wolvies side and storm is on scoots side talk about wrong placement still lets see

progenitorigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By progenitorigin
@FadeToBlackBolt said:

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Agreed!
CellphoneGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By CellphoneGirl

Even though it's a bit predictable i'm still anxious to see who will join who. For all we know this series could be amazing. Look at X-Men First Class for example everyone was like OMFG this is going to be the worst movie ever blah blah blah. Look at how awesome the movie turned out.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

#40  Edited By gmanfromheck

@danhimself: I could totally see it done like the old sit-coms where they use tape or paint to split a room right down the middle.

Avatar image for the_umbra_sorcerer
The Umbra Sorcerer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mixed feelings about this. But Marvel *facepalm*  Greg Land really the chance to get him off the book and you don't take it. Why!!!!!

djotaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 367

User Lists: 4

#42  Edited By djotaku

I think the initial question is inane.  If you have enough money and you like X-Men, you'll just subscribe to both books.  There's not really a "who will you follow" - especially if it's supposed to lead into some 2012 thing - you'll probably want to have both books on your pull list.  

As far as Emma being on Wolverine's side - I think they just designed that poster to be misleading.  Otherwise we won't "be surprised at who joins which team" we'll just look at the poster above.

I'm curious where this leaves X-Men Vol 3 and X-Men: Legacy.

davelecave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By davelecave
@djotaku said:
As far as Emma being on Wolverine's side - I think they just designed that poster to be misleading.  Otherwise we won't "be surprised at who joins which team" we'll just look at the poster above.
Exactly.  If all these teasers were completely literal, Schism would be about Prof. X being torn in half.
Jordanstine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Jordanstine
"Who will you follow?"

Ooh ooh!  I know the correct answer!  The answer is..... BOTH!
KJPPPimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By KJPPPimp

Will the X-Men reunite to put an end to Greg Land's tracing paper reign of terror? He's the greatest threat to the Marvel Universe, like if Galactus, Onslaught, Thanos, and the Beyonder had some kind of cosmic orgy, Greg Land just formed out of whatever by-products they tried to flush down the toilet.

Boogiepop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Boogiepop

Renumbering in this case means nothing to me. I was going to read whatever Uncanny turned into anyway. 

I think this could give some more life to the X-Men series though. I know some people hate change and hate anything new or different in a series, and while sometimes it is bad, in this case I think it's an interesting change. 2 rival X-Men teams could lead the series to a totally new place. Let's hope the writing can hold it up though, and make it a good story. 

I'm actually most interested in who's side Hope Summers chooses. She's no fan of Cyclops, and it'd be interesting to see the reaction if "the mutant messiah" chose Wolverine.

leokearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#47  Edited By leokearon

So this is all just a belated cash in on the TV show and an excuse to give Wolverine yet another comic. Alos why is Land still around? 

And then this is all a prequel to next year's event! I was hoping for better
fitchy101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#48  Edited By fitchy101
@Duo_forbidden:  Just what I was thinking
TheRyanHimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By TheRyanHimself

Oh-ho-ho-ho-my GOD. I was kind of excited that Marvel was dropping an X-Men title to straighten things out. And now they are actually ADDING one?

Ahmed Sherif

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Ahmed Sherif

I'll try to read both. But i would totaly follow wolverine, he's way more interesting than goody doer Cyclopse.