Avatar image for no_name_
Posted by No_Name_ (16193 posts) - - Show Bio

They were first introduced back in 1992 to Top Cow by creators Marc Silvestri and Eric Silvestri and were pretty successful -- successful enough to warrant their return to comics. On October 17th, 2012 Top Cow will release CYBER FORCE #1 featuring many classic Top Cow characters all in one place. Silvestri's talents return to the Kickstarter funded project for the cover to the first issue.

2624987-cfv4001cova.jpeg

Check out the covers to the upcoming first issue as well as the covers to Top Cow's other upcoming releases including THE DARKNESS #107 and THINK TANK #3. What do you think of the covers? Are you looking forward to the return of Cyber Force?

== TEASER ==
2624993-cfv4001covb.jpeg
2624994-cfv4001covc.jpeg
2624995-cfv4001covd.jpeg
2624996-cfv4001cove.jpeg
Avatar image for foxxfireart
#1 Posted by FoxxFireArt (3641 posts) - - Show Bio

I really like that first CYBER FORCE cover image. Great details and color with nice sense of depth.

Avatar image for savagedragon
#2 Posted by SavageDragon (2257 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Ripclaw, always thought he looked cool.

Avatar image for cc1738
#3 Posted by cc1738 (371 posts) - - Show Bio

I never read the original, but I'm looking foward to this.

Avatar image for lykopis
#4 Posted by lykopis (10868 posts) - - Show Bio

The art is stunning. Will be checking this out.

Avatar image for mercy_
#5 Posted by Mercy_ (94461 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh man O_O

Moderator
Avatar image for crimsonlord53
#6 Posted by Crimsonlord53 (1546 posts) - - Show Bio

About bloody time.

Avatar image for twentyfive
#7 Posted by Twentyfive (3057 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool.

Avatar image for jointron33
#8 Posted by jointron33 (2107 posts) - - Show Bio

Cyberforce is getting an anti-90s reboot. Win.

Avatar image for devourerofworlds
#9 Posted by devourerofworlds (41 posts) - - Show Bio

Is the CYBERFORCE/HUNTERKILLER series from 2009 going to have anything to do with this? Those issues felt a bit rushed but i would love to see more from that story, and the art/action was just unreal in it.

Avatar image for rasx
#10 Posted by rasx (251 posts) - - Show Bio

Just love that Chris Garusso cover!

Avatar image for crom_cruach
#11 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8935 posts) - - Show Bio

Velocity new look is cr*p :(

Avatar image for mercy_
#12 Posted by Mercy_ (94461 posts) - - Show Bio

@Crom-Cruach said:

Velocity new look is cr*p :(

Holy...I hadn't even realized that was Velocity.

A little sad now T_T

Moderator
Avatar image for crom_cruach
#13 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8935 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mercy_ said:

Holy...I hadn't even realized that was Velocity.

A little sad now T_T

The recent Velocity mini was great. This cover makes me all the more sad because it gives me the impression they'll change her to some annoying semi-emo teen

Avatar image for mercy_
#14 Posted by Mercy_ (94461 posts) - - Show Bio

@Crom-Cruach: The one that Kenneth Rocafort drew? His art is what turned me onto the character, freaking incredible.

I dislike when they change characters around like that. Emo/semi-emo, doesn't mean interesting, contrary to popular belief.

Moderator
Avatar image for jointron33
#15 Posted by jointron33 (2107 posts) - - Show Bio

Why don't you like Velocity's new look? I think it is cute.

Avatar image for crom_cruach
#16 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8935 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mercy_ said:

@Crom-Cruach: The one that Kenneth Rocafort drew? His art is what turned me onto the character, freaking incredible.

I'm not a big fan of Kenneth Rocafort to be honest. He's good but very far in my list of preferences. The story was what I liked most about the mini-series. @Mercy_ said:

Emo/semi-emo, doesn't mean interesting, contrary to popular belief.

I haven't seen a single comic character that was emo/semi-emo that I liked. My biggest loves in comics/novels include characters Red Sonja, Conan and Hellboy. Not characters who cry, piss and cut themselves becaze da worldz hurts whaaaaaaaaaa!

@jointron33 said:

Why don't you like Velocity's new look? I think it is cute.

It looks like some otaku's wet dream along with being emo bleh!

Here's what velocity is supposed to look like:

1314530-582465_velocitya_large.jpg
Avatar image for mercy_
#17 Posted by Mercy_ (94461 posts) - - Show Bio

@Crom-Cruach said:

I'm not a big fan of Kenneth Rocafort to be honest. He's good but very far in my list of preferences. The story was what I liked most about the mini-series.

Not into the kind of more stylized art? Who're your top five-ten artists?

I haven't seen a single comic character that was emo/semi-emo that I liked. My biggest loves in comics/novels include characters Red Sonja, Conan and Hellboy. Not characters who cry, piss and cut themselves becaze da worldz hurts

Ahhhhh you're more into the mythological/fantasy characters. I shouldn't be surprised going off of your username lol.

Moderator
Avatar image for roboshark
#18 Posted by RoboShark (2567 posts) - - Show Bio

Takes me back to my wizard mag days.

Avatar image for crom_cruach
#19 Edited by Crom-Cruach (8935 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mercy_ said:

@Crom-Cruach said:

I'm not a big fan of Kenneth Rocafort to be honest. He's good but very far in my list of preferences. The story was what I liked most about the mini-series.

Not into the kind of more stylized art? Who're your top five-ten artists?

Hard for me to make a top 5 since there at least 6 or 7 I rate in my favorites. But Stepan Sejic, Micheal Turner, Frezetta, Cary Nord, Alex Ross all rank up there.

@Mercy_ said:

Ahhhhh you're more into the mythological/fantasy characters. I shouldn't be surprised going off of your username lol.

Not fantasy characters so much as characters who face adversity head strong, brave and don't waste time crying over their fate.

Avatar image for nuec_sol
#20 Posted by Nuec_Sol (214 posts) - - Show Bio

I been looking forward to this.

@devourerofworlds: I think after the events in Artifacts Top Cow is going to change some things up a bit.

Avatar image for joeagentofhand1
#21 Posted by joeagentofhand1 (5227 posts) - - Show Bio

@cc1738 said:

I never read the original, but I'm looking foward to this.

Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
#22 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6958 posts) - - Show Bio

Hot damn those covers look amazing and makes me anticipate the return of Cyber Force. Welcome back!

Avatar image for om1kron
#23 Posted by Om1kron (1219 posts) - - Show Bio

Meh, Sylvestri will draw 2-4 issues tops and hand it of to some newcomer who mimic's his style. Writing will be subpar as always and it will get canned 12 issues in. 25 tops.

Avatar image for planewalker
#24 Posted by Planewalker (357 posts) - - Show Bio

Velocity with twin tails cute! Never saw that one coming Aphrodite XI joining Cyber Force... Can't wait to see more.

Avatar image for beavart
#25 Posted by Beavart (7 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome! It looks good.

Avatar image for metron144
#26 Posted by Metron144 (106 posts) - - Show Bio

@Crom-Cruach said:

@Mercy_ said:

@Crom-Cruach: The one that Kenneth Rocafort drew? His art is what turned me onto the character, freaking incredible.

I'm not a big fan of Kenneth Rocafort to be honest. He's good but very far in my list of preferences. The story was what I liked most about the mini-series. @Mercy_ said:

Emo/semi-emo, doesn't mean interesting, contrary to popular belief.

I haven't seen a single comic character that was emo/semi-emo that I liked. My biggest loves in comics/novels include characters Red Sonja, Conan and Hellboy. Not characters who cry, piss and cut themselves becaze da worldz hurts whaaaaaaaaaa!

@jointron33 said:

Why don't you like Velocity's new look? I think it is cute.

It looks like some otaku's wet dream along with being emo bleh!

Here's what velocity is supposed to look like:

1314530-582465_velocitya_large.jpg

..HOW? HOW?!?!?!?!

Avatar image for kid_apollo
#27 Posted by kid Apollo (954 posts) - - Show Bio

that first cover is awesome!

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
#28 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (45200 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mercy_ said:

@Crom-Cruach said:

Velocity new look is cr*p :(

Holy...I hadn't even realized that was Velocity.

A little sad now T_T

Is she dressed as a Cowgirl?

Avatar image for revamp
#29 Posted by ReVamp (23015 posts) - - Show Bio

Love it.

Avatar image for thenexusrebound
#30 Posted by thenexusrebound (265 posts) - - Show Bio

I am so happy the kickstarter went well for this. I'm excited to see what comes from the series.Not sure why there is so much hate toward the new Velocity, There is some assumption that she is some emo kid and I kinda just shake my head that the basis of that is a cover.

Avatar image for alex6166
#31 Posted by alex6166 (64 posts) - - Show Bio

A horse on a Top Cow cover. Now I've seen everything.

I read a preview years ago with Velocity on it called 'C2' in a Top Cow magazine and she was running from these Dark City/Matrix guys. I guess that reboot never flourished. Good luck with this one, I'll have to pick it up.

Avatar image for jointron33
#32 Posted by jointron33 (2107 posts) - - Show Bio

People are forgetting that this reboot of Cyberforce is supposed to erase the 90s flavors lingering in the series, as the characters are not X-men ripoff 101, being mutants and all. This is based off of Silvestri's original idea of forced technological evolution gone wrong, and is not per se a superhero book. This is why Velocity and Ripclaw have such radically different, and more realistic designs(such as Ripclaw not looking like Wolverine).