• 128 results
gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

Love them or hate them, comics these days are all about the events. Thankfully Marvel has been keeping them pretty much self contained to the core 'family' of titles directly involved. Spider-Island is mainly affecting Spider-Man with some other tie-in miniseries. Schism is only affecting the X-books, etc.

Today Marvel has teased something for the Avengers. Despite not saying much, you get the feeling something bad is coming.

No Caption Provided

This is all we know. Something is happening in December. Marvel will tell us tomorrow, September 13. Any thoughts on what this could mean for the Avengers? Will all teams be affected?

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

If Bendis is writing it, Hawkeye will go nuts for some reason and try to kill the Avengers.  

And yay, another event -___-

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#2  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

not interested 

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By Gambit1024

Surprise surprise. 

Thunderscream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Thunderscream

So..............wasn't there supposed to be a "Heroic Age" somewhere a few months.....maybe a year ago? I've yet to see some happy moments in the midst of all this chaos, death and mega crossover-event madness....mostly because I can't afford to keep up anymore. You're killing me Marvel. Killing me softly.

RainEffect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5  Edited By RainEffect

You've got to be kidding. Another event? I've got a lot of patience for Marvel and even I'm getting sick of this. 
Instead of giving us useless events, why not give us more series' that focus on ignored characters like Iron Fist and Echo?

brc2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By brc2000

My interest in this depends on whether or not Bendis is writing it.

KainScion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By KainScion

not another event!! this, cable reborn, the one with the hulks, the one with thanarus. too many events. fear itself isnt even over yet and spider-island just got started!!

StarKiller809

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 462

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By StarKiller809

Great... another event. Good thing I don't read Marvel Comics.

Trodorne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 15

#9  Edited By Trodorne

@G-Man said:

Love them or hate them, comics these days are all about the events. Thankfully Marvel has been keeping them pretty much self contained to the core 'family' of titles directly involved. Spider-Island is mainly affecting Spider-Man with some other tie-in miniseries. Schism is only affecting the X-books, etc.

While some of this maybe self contained. Its the tie ins that are the problem. its just a waste of money to tell an avengers story when they could have done a one shot story arch in a issue in the next avengers comic or annual. I see more people in the comic store just buy one or the other, its never both. And i usually recommend (against my better judgement) to just stick with the main series and not buy into the tie ins. And since schism is ending at the same time as fear itself, the question is why could they not tell this story in the uncanny x-men as part of the fear itself story? its just piss poor planning lot of short term goals which could end up shooting itself in the foot.

Avatar image for the_mighty_monarch
The Mighty Monarch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1450

Marvel..... what the hell guys? Really. CALM THE HELL DOWN. When events happen 15 f-ing times a year they lose their significance.

PabloMcFly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By PabloMcFly

Well, Simon Williams just took out the New Avengers. Could be referring to that a little too late...

Larkin1388

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Larkin1388

Avengers: Disassembled was good. Maybe this will be the same.

TheGoldenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#13  Edited By TheGoldenOne
*groans* -____-
TheGreat1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By TheGreat1

I think this has something to do with Annihilators :Earthfall.

zombietag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#15  Edited By zombietag

marvels pushing it with these teasers. they lose their appeal if every single little story they think it gonna be big has one. it should be something used with discretion for only certain stories

ThePRez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#16  Edited By ThePRez

no more event please!

Cafeterialoca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#17  Edited By Cafeterialoca

It's Norman Osborn's return.
That's all it is.

CrimsonTempest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#18  Edited By CrimsonTempest

Great. Another death/split of the Avengers. Marvel, here's a quick tip, how about you put new writers to write both Avengers and New Avengers? After reading New Avengers Annual #1, this title has no hope of gaining its former glory. Wait, wait? Ultron and the Revengers join to kill the Avengers right? Spider-Woman takes a killshot meant for Hawkeye while arguing with Mockingbird, right? Did I just spoil it for you, Joe Q?

Mutie199

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Mutie199

the target sign looks like an X from the x-men sign and if i remember correctly they said that in the next year the whole universe wiil focus on X-Men so maybe they have something to do with this 

vicsrealms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By vicsrealms

This is going a little overboard.  We are still running through Fear Itself, Children's Crusade and we have Schism that is supposed to come in after but is now stuck in the middle of Fear Itself.  I'm confused enough trying to figure out where Children's Crusade fits in all of this.  How about one confusing mess at a time please!

bingbangboom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By bingbangboom

Dunno why people are bitching already. It doesn't mean all events are bad or if it is even an event. Maybe something to do with a character? Punisher maybe joining the Avengers?

shockwave632

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By shockwave632
@Mutie199 said:
the target sign looks like an X from the x-men sign and if i remember correctly they said that in the next year the whole universe wiil focus on X-Men so maybe they have something to do with this 
Took the words right out of my mouth.
Cafeterialoca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Cafeterialoca
@CrimsonTempest: You're implying Bendis would break his favorite toy (Spider-Woman).  Seriously, if anything, nothing bad will happen to her, at all.
Or35ti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Or35ti

This could be interesting with good dramatic writing as opposed to event cliches like deaths, betrayals, etc. If the Avengers are simply facing a major world threat that has good amounts of drama and layers of smarts complexity without any characters changing in any major negative way that's awesome. We need some of that epic-ness back that we used to feel when reading events. And keep the current line-up of 10, that line-up is the best! (Captain America, Iron Man, Spider-Man, Wolverine, Ms. Marvel, Spider-Woman, Vision, Hawkeye, Black Panther and Protector)

chalkshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#25  Edited By chalkshark

Stop hyping these stories as "events" & call them what they are... story arcs. X-Men: Schism isn't an event. It's an X-Men story arc. It could just as easily have been told in any of the regular X-men titles. That it wasn't is just more Marvel greed in getting the fan base to buy another series. If X-Men:Schism were an actual event, then all the current X-Men titles would be reflective of what's happening in that series. They're not. The X-Men: Legacy team is off in space. In X-Men, the team is in another dimension. Uncanny X-Men is crossing over with Fear Itself. Nothing X-Men:Schism related is even mentioned. Only Generation:Hope is directly connected to X-Men:Schism. Sure, once it's done, there'll be roster changes across the board in all the X-Men titles. Rosters change all the time. For both mundane reasons & profound ones. Looking at the roster changes in the X-Men books, they seem to be informed just as much by the X-Men: Legacy & Fear Itself story lines, as they are by X-Men:Schism.  
                  The only real fallout we're getting from X-Men: Schism is that Cyclops & Wolverine are going to disagree over "something", & refuse to work together anymore. That's not an event. It's actually pretty commonplace in team books. Batman formed the Outsiders when he disagreed with how the Justice League of America operated. The Justice Society of America splintered off into the JSAll-Stars over Magog. The incredibly lame Force Works sprouted out of a dispute within the ranks of the Avengers. None of those were "events". At best, they were in story reasons to launch new titles. 
                     All I get from this Avengers promo is that a new story is starting in one of the Avengers' titles. Perhaps it's a big enough story to bleed over into all the Avengers' titles. Maybe the roster will change... again. Actually, I think it's going to at the end of Fear Itself, so, this is likely just an ad hyping the next story in Avengers, featuring the new roster. Don't give in to hype, & stop looking for events where there aren't any. If it's not it's own mini-series, surrounded by a cluster of tie-in mini-series, that also disrupts the stories uninvolved writers are trying to tell in all their other series, than it's not an event. It's just a story arc. Might be a major one, but it's just a story arc.

EnSabahNurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By EnSabahNurX
@The Mighty Monarch said:
Marvel..... what the hell guys? Really. CALM THE HELL DOWN. When events happen 15 f-ing times a year they lose their significance.
QFT 

They forgot how to write stories when there isn't some big event happening and all the events tend to be huge letdowns or lose steam really quick 

I just want 6 months with no events
CrimsonTempest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#27  Edited By CrimsonTempest
@Cafeterialoca: It's Bendis, he'll do it for shock value. Why else would he make Brother Voodoo Sorcerer Supreme and then kill him off so that the title goes back to Stephen Strange at the beginning of New Avengers?
Duo_forbidden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 604

User Lists: 8

#28  Edited By Duo_forbidden

What a surprise. Another Marvel event. How many that makes it now?

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#29  Edited By AgeofHurricane

Lmao.

Avatar image for maximumcarnage7
maximumcarnage7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By maximumcarnage7

If anyone has read the New Avengers Annual #1 it probably has something to do with that. The last page has the villains about to go after the Avengers.

frochez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By frochez
@chalkshark
 Ok, nice deep breaths now, in and out, in and out.... 

That said, I think you're completely right; these aren't really major events, they're just hyped up story arcs. You don't need an earth-shattering 'event' to change a team's roster or take a series in a new direction. Likewise, a change in team members doesn't need to be a big palava. You've managed to voice what I think a lot of readers (myself included) think about Marvel right now.
Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#32  Edited By The Impersonator
No Caption Provided
millersoak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By millersoak

I'm tired of all the "events" too, and wondering when the heroes will just collapse of exhaustion from fighting one major threat after another (probably some time after my wallet collapses of exhaustion)...But I agree with those who are thinking this has something to do with the X-Men. First, for normal rifles, the sighting image should be straight up and down, but this is slightly crooked, making it an "X." Second, the writers of X-Men schism have already said that next year there will be a major Marvel Universe story involving the X-Men. I figured it was the return of Jean or Phoenix or the rise of the Mutant Messiah, but if this image is connected, it suggests to me that someone on the X-men side will be targetting the Avengers. That would be odd, at least for one reason: two of the X-men (Wolverine and Beast) are Avengers themselves. (But maybe that doesn't matter because they are on Wolverine's side.) Maybe Cyclops' mutant army philosophy and desire for his X-Men to be the best/greatest hero team get the better of him. Not likely though, as that's a pretty lame story. Maybe Bishop or the newly returned Cable (really? so soon?) is gunning for Earth's Mightiest...From what little we've seen and what I am speculating, I'm not particularly interested. I'll tell you, I've kinda appreciated that the X-Men have generally stayed out of the rest of the Marvel Universe, as it's limited the need to buy non-X-men books to keep up on the story. I hope that Marvel doesn't change that!
Cafeterialoca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Cafeterialoca
@CrimsonTempest: Bendis didn't care about Brother Voodoo.  That's why he died.
Luke Cage, Jessica Jones and Spider-Woman are Bendis' pets.  He has tweets describing why Spider-Woman is so great and Wonder Woman is a walking STD.  He puts Spider-Woman in the focus all the time because he has a thing for her.  Notice how man times Bendis mentions her hair?   You don't get the Bendis Game.  He kills characters he doesn't care for.  Alpha Flight, Wasp, Swordsman.  Hell, he wrote Wasp as a brain dead airhead!
Nor-Var and Mockingbird are the expendable ones.  Spider-Woman is EXTREMELY safe because he has a boner for her.
ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#35  Edited By ReVamp
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
If Bendis is writing it, Hawkeye will go nuts for some reason and try to kill the Avengers.    And yay, another event -___-
^
LOL.  Knowing Marvel they'll do this just to piss off FTBB.
Shadowdoggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Shadowdoggy

why does there have to be another "event?" 
can't we just have comics for a while? 
tell some stories, fight some badguys, have a little humor here and there 
too many events 
it's making me care less and less about picking half of these titles up
AndromedaOmega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By AndromedaOmega

SO. MANY. EVENTS.

CombatSpoon86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#38  Edited By CombatSpoon86

Its either the Revengers or Norman Osborn's big plan.

Shadowdoggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Shadowdoggy
@CombatSpoon86
I was thinking Revengers too
ninjacommando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By ninjacommando

Another event, how exciting.

ImperiousRix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#42  Edited By ImperiousRix

ANOTHER MARVEL EVENT OH MY GOSH WHO COULD HAVE SEEN THIS COMING?! 
But in all seriousness, I'm starting to lose track of exactly what Marvel events are happening and what they're going to entail.  This is getting more than a little out of hand.  Speculation? A bunch of bad stuff happens, somebody dies, and then we end up with 8 new Marvel titles...

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#43  Edited By Billy Batson

LOL, no one likes Marvel's events anymore. 

BB

IronHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

#44  Edited By IronHerc

Is this an event or storyline? usually this kinda teasers can also be because of some storyline as well....or is a storyline/event with tie-ins? let's hope it's the first since well, as much as I enjoy some events (not all of them mind you) I fear tie-ins since sometimes most of them are useless or might have major plot points not seen in the main event  yet some can be very damn good and self contained but still hope is just a storyline they are teasing

BKole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#45  Edited By BKole

Again, isn't ever comic book storyline an event? We want continuity and cohesive universe, and yet we complain when over-arching story lines invade other books. If you don't want to read it, then don't read it. Don't complain about everything in comics, because it leads to the situation we're in now - apathy and negativity surrounding everything. If it is an event, buy the tie ins you want to buy, if it isn't and its just a storyline that bounces through two issues of New and normal Avengers then whatever. 

Does that mean the story being continued from the New Avengers Annual into the Avengers Annual is an event? OH MY GOD. DELETE ALL OF MARVEL NOW, THIS IS A TRAVESTY. 

Seriously. Getting really, really tired of negativity.

Avatar image for crowingaboutcomics
Crowingaboutcomics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

From what I read, the Big X-Men centric event will happen next summer...I am fairly confident it is in relation to either a) Scarlett Witch "please more mutants", or b) Pheonix Force wich could be a combination of Jean Grey/Hope/Rachel Summers/Nate Summers/Cable/Mutant Messiah and/or Omega Class Mutants in general.  They have been mentioning that the Punisher is connecting with the Marvel Universe at large, so perhaps it is him, taking out the Scarlet Witch after her coming back?  IDK - I, too, am sick of all the "events."  The major issue is that there are so many of them that the characters and the situations start loosing validity.  Reading the pre-schism X-Men series (that went on for four issues,) Scott (Cyclops) debated and worried about whether or not the X-Men should run or fight...and I kept thinking - what could be worse from the previous event of Sentinels from the future? (Of course, now with Schism, I'm still wandering exactly what that mini-series was about.)  The frustrating thing about the current trend in comics, is that they are all about these events, instead of character development...I actually like the way they  (the events) have bled into each other, and set each other up - but feel that they despretly need to place more time between these events, allow their characters to deal with the fall out before moving on to the next.  As someone said before - these heroes would be dropping dead from exhaustion!  On top of that - the other thing that I have issue with, is the way the normal people of the Marvel Universe keeps ignoring what is going on.  I.E. If there really was a Hulk that came to NYC (or a Magneto wanna-be), trashed it, then just a couple years later got a hammer and started destroying places again - can you imagine the response?  This is also in relation to alien invasions,  Asgardian cities, Spider Infestations, etc...I mean, as many normal people that should be killed in these events - wouldn't that demand some sort of normal human response (and yeah, I know this is somewhat dealt with in Civil War and the hatred of Mutants - Sword tried to deal with it in terms of trying to evict Aliens, but it is quickly sidelined for another event - and of course, in dealing with all of this, it would be indeed a dark day for heroes - but it would be an intelligent response...either that - or STOP HAVING SO MANY EVENTS OF MASS DESTRUCTION!!!)  Just kawin'
InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By InnerVenom123
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
If Bendis is writing it, Hawkeye will go nuts for some reason and try to kill the Avengers.    And yay, another event -___-
I was thinking this would be Wonder Man making another attack but on a bigger scale. 
Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

Pavlov would have A ******* FIELD DAY WITH comic fans.
InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By InnerVenom123
@Jake Fury said:
Pavlov would have A ******* FIELD DAY WITH comic fans.
....?
TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#50  Edited By TDK_1997

WOW!Another event.These days I'm really confused in which publisher to read.DC's relaunch or Marvel's events that are happening each month and are 3 in a month.