gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck
No Caption Provided

There is an imbalance in the universe. Since his latest return from oblivion, Thanos himself feels... incomplete. Now the so-called Mad Titan plans to put both wrongs right. The revelatory waters of the Infinity Well lead Thanos on a new quest, with a once sworn enemy, Adam Warlock, at his side. A crusade that will bring confrontation with the Silver Surfer and the galaxy's mightiest heroes - the Annihilators. This April, Thanos will embark on an odyssey that will change everything in THANOS: THE INFINITY REVELATION.

Cosmic maestro Jim Starlin (The Infinity Gauntlet, Captain Marvel) returns to his signature character in a tale of death and rebirth that will transform the Marvel Universe once more!

“Thanos and Adam Warlock team up to deal with a universe imperiling event. Big changes are coming to everything and the Titan appears to be at the heart of this astral metamorphosis. The story concludes with a major change in Thanos' status within the Marvel Universe, turning him into a greater threat than ever before,” says Starlin.

THANOS: THE INFINITY REVELATION willalso include a code for a free digital copy of the graphic novel on the Marvel Comics app for iOS and Android devices.

THANOS: THE INFINITY REVELATION arrives in comic shops and bookstores this April!

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

xblah_blahx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By xblah_blahx

I'm always up for some Silver Surfer. Plus the Annihilators are getting back together!

mk111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By mk111

Jim Starlin is back? Writing a Marvel comic about Thanos?

YES! Starlin is by far the best Thanos writer, his stories were almost always excellent, and his art style is great. I didn't realize I missed it until I read the first look.

Also glad that Adam Warlock is back, another classic character that Starlin had interact with Thanos in the old day. I guess we'll be seeing the Surfer, too.

Maybe we'll finally get an explanation about what happened after the Cancerverse.

Finally, I look forward to see Thanos being written well again, and not just being some generic evil villain who does stuff just to do them.

As you can tell, I'm pretty hyped.

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@saren: Yeah, that's clearly Batman. This actually proves the Batgod myth to be true.

mk111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ostyo said:

@saren: Yeah, that's clearly Batman. This actually proves the Batgod myth to be true.

Apparently, Batman is so godlike, he can enter Marvel's Universe as he pleases. Even Thanos should fear him.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b22dc7ee7ff9
deactivated-5b22dc7ee7ff9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Well this looks like the best thing ever.

Now I'm angry, because it's impossible for this to live up to my expectations -_-

But seriously it's been far too long since we've had any good Warlock, and Starlin is the best man for the job.

Avatar image for life_without_progress
life_without_progress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Ohohoho, SWEET!

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#8  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

OH GOD YES. Starlin back on Marvel cosmic with Adam Warlock and the Annihilators no less.

sparty-dbq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice! Starlin writing Thanos again sounds like a treat.

Also, isn't saying "original OGN" the same as saying "ATM machine?"

NukeA6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh GOD, YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#11  Edited By fodigg

Not crazy about the art on that version of Groot.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll be getting this no question.

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Starlin + Thanos + SS= Win.

Jenkale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By Jenkale

i hope thane will be in this. thanos razed the galaxy for this kid and he is like no where to be found save for the MAA online game

Avatar image for herokiller12344
Herokiller12344

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Herokiller12344

Starlin? NOOOOOO!

Now Thanos is going back to that unbeatable, never shuts up, always talks about his precious nihilism, Villain Sue. This is terrible! It's all terrible! Damn, and I finally thought they were going to take him into a another direction.

And look at the art, Thanos looks like a walking brick. I get that he's buff but for Gods sakes, that's ridiculous.

Oh well, at least I still have Darkseid.

frogdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By frogdog

@herokiller12344:

You do realise Thanos's best stories have written by Jim Stalin.

Not mention being a competent villain doesn't equal being a sue.

Also who cares about darkseid, only grant morrison used him well in the last decade.

Avatar image for deactivated-611928878d365
deactivated-611928878d365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Would he not want revenge on Thane for using that Living-Death trick on him?

2chimcha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Is that supposed to be Groot?

Herokiller12344

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Herokiller12344

@frogdog said:

@herokiller12344:

You do realise Thanos's best stories have written by Jim Stalin.

Not mention being a competent villain doesn't equal being a sue.

Also who cares about darkseid, only grant morrison used him well in the last decade.

Dude, Thanos is the purest Villain Sue I can think of. He is constantly unbeatable by throngs of regular superheroes even before his ungodly power boost, and virtually every character he interacts with is written like an idiot to give him a strawman to give those High School level rants about nihilism, which I want to chime in and say was it any other ideology it’d be considered preachy, and to show him as even smarter and cooler than everyone around him., while causing unfathomable amounts of suffering, in response to all of his genocide the worst that’s ever happened to him was losing whatever allowed him to cause it, remember when he got out of Infinity Gauntlet completely unscathed? Oh yeah, and he’s written in a way that we’re supposed to root for him, no matter what his does, and whenever he does die, he is perfectly happy about it, since he is reunited with and living like a king with his boss in the afterlife, until the entity resurrects him yet another time. So basically, it‘s actually impossible for him to get any real comeuppance, because in my opinion As seen in this panel, any attempt to have him be beaten or otherwise humbled by anyone non Starlin character by another writer, Jimmy just retcons it into being an inferior, yet somehow perfect clone.

No Caption Provided

How this could ever be interpreted as anything other than bad writing or "Starlin doesn't want other people playing with 'his' stuff" is a mystery to me.

And whenever he does get beaten, it’s written off to be because he allowed himself to be beaten. Which is of course BS, because what kind of mass murderer doesn't want to win, yet still is a mass murderer?

Hell his very start of darkness was just idiotic under Starlin. It's repeatedly stated that he's treated greatly and with a lot of respect, on a Utopian planet might I add so he's already living like a god, yet somehow at the same time, he is loathed and shunned because of his appearance.

TL;DR: Starlin stories are a good read, but Starlin Thanos is atrocious.

mk111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frogdog:

Everyone has their own opinions, but man, I completely disagree with you. Starlin is by far the best Thanos writer. Everyone else pales.

frogdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By frogdog
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@herokiller12344: Thanos was created by Starlin. He's always been brick like, don't know what you are trying to get at.

Avatar image for majinblackheart
MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 7

#25 MajinBlackheart  Moderator

I look forward to this very much. Can't say i like the art though.

Herokiller12344

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Herokiller12344
No Caption Provided

@lone_wolf_and_cub: Nope. Not always. And what I'm getting at is that I do not like the art.

Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@herokiller12344: Thats his first appearance. 90% of the issues he's been in he's been a brick. if you don't like the art don't buy it, plenty of other people will.

Mxyzptlk_CV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

YESSS!!! Thanos and Starlin!!! finally!! This news made my day!!!! Hopefully it will help me forget the awful interpretation of the character by the likes of Aaron and Hickman....

Herokiller12344

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lone_wolf_and_cub: You just said he's always been a brick, then I prove you wrong and suddenly I'm the d!ck?

Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@herokiller12344: I never said you were a dick. Not for nothing you didn't prove anything. All you did was show a pick of his first appearance. He hasn't been like that for like 40 years. Obviously you don't know enough about Thanos to say jack.

mk111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

YESSS!!! Thanos and Starlin!!! finally!! This news made my day!!!! Hopefully it will help me forget the awful interpretation of the character by the likes of Aaron and Hickman....

This. While I don't think Hickman did an awful job, his Thanos was pretty one-dimensional compared to Starlin's writing.

Seriously, to everyone reading this, I recommend Marvel Universe: The End, and Thanos: Redemption, both great Starlin stories that were just re-release, so you have no excuse not to check it out!

Omega Ray Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 5

#32  Edited By Omega Ray Jay

Sounds good

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

Seems interesting.

ThanoStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mk111 said:

@mxyzptlk_cv said:

This. While I don't think Hickman did an awful job, his Thanos was pretty one-dimensional compared to Starlin's writing.

Seriously, to everyone reading this, I recommend Marvel Universe: The End, and Thanos: Redemption, both great Starlin stories that were just re-release, so you have no excuse not to check it out!

Abso-frickin-lutely!!! I have both and Thanos #1-12 (Redemption) is one of, if not, my all-time favorite short runs. One of the best portrayals of Thanos in all of comics.

Dis gun b gud.

Glabal500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hells yeah