• 73 results
gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

A video interview with Greg Pak can be found HERE.

No Caption Provided

This May, the heart and soul of the X-Men flies solo for the first time in STORM #1, a brand new ongoing series from New York Times Bestselling writer Greg Pak (The Incredible Hulk, Superman/Batman) and fan-favorite artist Victor Ibanez (Defenders, Wonder Woman)!

From a thief on the streets of Cairo to the Headmistress of the Jean Grey School to the Queen of Wakanda and everything in between, Ororo Monroe has always defied a single title. Her desire to better the world was never limited to just her own kind. On a mission to foster goodwill and safeguard her fellow mutants in her own way, Storm will embark on a new journey.

“If you tell Storm she can't go somewhere, that's exactly where she's going to go,” says writer Greg Pak, in an interview with Marvel.com. “She's got an incredibly strong sense of justice and empathy earned through years of hard experience. And her empathy isn't limited to whatever group she's standing with at the moment. Storm will do the right thing--as she sees it--without apology. That's incredibly strong--and potentially very costly for her.”

STORM #1 marks the very first ongoing series for the character and joins a number of critically acclaimed new solo series featuring female leads as a part of the All-New Marvel NOW! initiative.

"And Storm makes seven," says Editor In Chief Axel Alonso. "Starring for the first time in her own ongoing series, and joining the wave of new series anchored by female characters — a list that includes Black Widow, She-Hulk, Captain Marvel, Elektra, Ms. Marvel and the all-female X-Men — comes one of the world's most popular mutants.”

“It's about time," Alonso continued.

You cannot stop a force of nature. She is Storm, a hero with no equal…and the skies will tremble at the sight of their namesake! Get swept up as STORM #1 thunders into comic shops this July!

STORM #1

Written by GREG PAK

Art & Cover by VICTOR IBANEZ

Variant Cover by SIMONE BIANCHI

Coming July 2014!

No Caption Provided

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By kidchipotle

Greg Pak? *Adds title to pull*

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Greg Pak is going to be busy. Sounds great!

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 0

#3 owie  Moderator

Interesting---I never would have thought of her for a solo, but now that it's announced, it seems like an obvious idea. If Nightcrawler has one, why not Storm. As I think about it, it's not unusual for various Avengers to get solo series (even people like Hercules), but not too many X-men have had one--Wolverine being the obvious exception.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Curse you Greg Pak for pillaging my bank account.

Master_Thief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I really hate that mohawk

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#6  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

You no I always thought Thor was a douche for reminding everybody that he's a god and we're only mortal every second of the day but it's even worse with Storm considering she isn't even and actual god.

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

So, it seems the big 3 in the X-men universe will have there own comics. And by big 3 I mean Wolverine, Cyclops & Storm. It used to be big 4, but jean is no longer that important.

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By judasnixon

Marvel found out that female comic book readers are the fastest growing demographic, and now they want a taste of that market......

No Caption Provided
Jphu8414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pak on a Storm solo?

Sign me up

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 104

About time. I hope this is good.

KINCART

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 35

This is long over due.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By kidchipotle

@jonny_anonymous said:

You no I always thought Thor was a douche for reminding everybody that he's a god and we're only mortal every second of the day but it's even worse with Storm considering she isn't even and actual god.

Yeah, her hardcore fans are a lot worse with the whole "Goddess" thing though.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Jealous, mortal?

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@jonny_anonymous said:

Jealous, mortal?

No Caption Provided

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#16  Edited By Wolverine008
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
Autopsad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

She deserves a solo series. I hope we will see Callisto and Forge, maybe even a team-up with Gambit who's relaunched his thief career ^^

SlickyMike88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By SlickyMike88

Magneto, storm , what other x character's deserve their own series? Psylocke please:)

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 the_stegman  Moderator
Grey56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

Good to see Marvel spreading some love to all demographics; outside of Carol Danvers and the new X book I can't think of much they've been doing. The wife has been reading the new X title but literally - nothing else from the 'House of Ideas'.

CommanderShiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@grey56 said:

Good to see Marvel spreading some love to all demographics; outside of Carol Danvers and the new X book I can't think of much they've been doing. The wife has been reading the new X title but literally - nothing else from the 'House of Ideas'.

She-Hulk, Black Widow, Ms. Marvel (Kamala Khan), Elektra?

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

Sweet!!!!!!!!

SavageDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Comicvine explodes...

Grey56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@grey56 said:

She-Hulk, Black Widow, Ms. Marvel (Kamala Khan), Elektra?

Oh, I guess they have started those here recently, haven't they? I hadn't realized that Romanov was up to issue 6 and Jones was at 4, likewise for Khan. In fairness though, Nachios is just now being released (again). In fact; most of these great characters have all had at least one (if not multiple) failed ongoing titles within the last 5-6 years. That's more of my point which I probably should have been more clear in: that Marvel isn't being consistent enough.

In fact I'd go so far as to say that operating one or two books at a loss for a period of at least one fiscal year might go a long way to generating more interest with consumers. Comic fans do enjoy picking up a book which they don't fear will be cancelled within a few months. Plus, it gives a book/character stronger branding which can translate into better sales.

Avatar image for theamazingimmortalman
TheAmazingImmortalMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice looks like another X-character gets added to my pull list.........It's cool that Marvel is giving female heroes their own ongoings...I hope -23 gets another one soon.

Jenkale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

a little late with the news lol but like the details. very happy for this book. just a few months ago i was talking with a friend about why no one has had the balls to give a black female a solo ongoing and marvel will have two counting storm and shuri as the black panther. where you at dc??? VIXEN TIME

Avatar image for magnificentstorm
MagnificentStorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous

Even though Storm ,or Thor any more at least, doesn't do that but ok :)

COBRAMORPH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@perfect_10 said:

where you at dc??? VIXEN TIME

Nah, DC would only give a black female a book if they revealed Nu'Bia was the E-2 WonderWoman.

As for this, I dont think most characters can support an on-going title for too long. A couple years yes, but when the time comes end the book, & just keep the character relevant in related team books etc. Dont just give up on the character, put them into limbo, & bring them back for the next major event only to kill them & put someone new in the suit.

As for Vixen, DC seems to have a thing against Bruce Tim. They ended the DCAU & replaced it with nothing but failures. & tie ins to movies. & one off movies. But nothing has caught on & endured. Or had a second run for that matter. DCAU made the Question important. DC killed him off & gave him to Renee Montoya. A character with 3 minority traits. DCAU used Cap.Atom, DC turned him into Monarch. Did Countdown still exist in continuity before the New52? DCAU Huntress was given a decent role. DC had her be dead for years & assumed by Helena Wayne for some stupid reason.

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Mohawk?

no thanks

laabitres

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

finally someone other than wolverine

Smurfboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Smurfboy

Have a feeling that it won't last long. Just like many other X-Men solo other than Wolverine. But it's cool to see Storm getting her own issues again.

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

It's interesting but I wonder how this one will last, including Magneto, Nightcrawler, and Cyclops. Gambit only lasted like 17 issues.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

How many titles does Pak write? I only remember one X-men story from him. Which was ok :-)

Also this.

timelord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All these great writers writing books for both companies my wallet can not keep up

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@perfect_10 said:

where you at dc??? VIXEN TIME

Nah, DC would only give a black female a book if they revealed Nu'Bia was the E-2 WonderWoman.

What about Voodoo?
BB

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

LOL Marvel is giving everyone a solo series. I like it!

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Storm solo + Greg Pak = my life is now complete :-)! Counting down to the release...

Nahuel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hate you Greg Pak!

Now I'll have to add this series to my pull list when I thought I was finally done with Marvel. But I Swear I'll drop this book as soon as it crosses over with other Marvel book or Ties in with an event!

Cuboid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If this does well, I wonder if it might encourage Fox to make a solo Storm film, as there has been mention that they want to do solo films besides Wolverine.

Anyway, hoping it will be good.

maaask12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By maaask12

this is what i been waiting for. its about time they realize how great storm is. i mean she's a powerhouse, and i think this will be incredible. jean is dead now, even though she will rise again. and wolverine just needs to sit down.

WarDishy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Surprised ComicVine hasn't exploded yet! You guys are always harping on about Storm deserving an ongoing. :) Congrats to all the Storm fans.

Figgs216

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I really hope these solo X -Books last for a long time. Wolverine next the only X-man that can have a long lasting series.

maaask12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By maaask12
Grey56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

a little late with the news lol but like the details. very happy for this book. just a few months ago i was talking with a friend about why no one has had the balls to give a black female a solo ongoing and marvel will have two counting storm and shuri as the black panther. where you at dc??? VIXEN TIME

If your contention is solely that DC features no minority females as a lead in their own title, then you're correct. However, outside the two mentioned here - I can only think of one, possibly two more whom exist. Kind of unfair to cast stones on a company for not immediately dialing up a book for production on the most difficult of platforms: a solo title on a completely new character. However, DC's titles featuring female leads:

- Batgirl
- Batwoman
- Catwoman
- Harley Quinn
- Wonder Woman
- World's Finest

It's also worth mentioning that another DC mainstream book, Suicide Squad, features a female lead whom is a racial minority. Lastly though, DC should be lauded for their litany of books from their Vertigo line which feature non traditional figures in leading roles (to include women). Again, I am also happy to hear about my favorite mohawk-sporting lady getting her own title - but casting stones at DC for not doing their due diligence to bring quality titles featuring diverse characters is a little unfair.

Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Whelp there you go Storm fans, you got the solo series you all have been screaming for.

Side note: Goddess of Thunder... seriously couldn't come up with something more original or creative?

Jenkale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@grey56: not casting stones as you put it, just putting it out there in the universe. we got storm from marvel next we need vixen from dc. great you have four white women to relate to im just asking for ONE black woman whom i can relate to

Jenkale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@billy_batson: never consider voodoo black. i have no idea what her heritage is. she has never been identified (in the comics i've read) as any race, but based on the way her creator jim lee dream i just took her as a tan white girl ala megan fox