• 189 results
gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

The moment many have been waiting for will soon be here. Steve Rogers will return to being Captain America. The current CAPTAIN AMERICA: SAM WILSON has been a great series. Nick Spencer has been showing us what Sam is capable of. Having Steve return makes perfect sense since this is his 75th anniversary. If Steve is returning, what does that mean for Sam? Read the press release below from Marvel.

No Caption Provided

This spring, Marvel’s Steve Rogers takes back the iconic moniker that gave him notoriety and returns to the mantel of Captain America with CAPTAIN AMERICA: STEVE ROGERSfrom writer Nick Spencer and artist Jesus Saiz.

First revealed on ABC’s "Captain America: 75 Heroic Years," Steve Rogers will once again don the red, white, and blue and continue the adventures of Marvel’s Sentinel of Liberty in this all-new series, with an all-new mission statement while proudly carrying an all-new shield. And today, Marvel is pleased to present your first peek inside the bold new series that will take Captain America in a whole new direction!

“It's an exciting time to be writing Captain America, for sure-- this year is the character's 75th Anniversary, not to mention the upcoming release of Marvel’s CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR. And with CIVIL WAR II approaching in the Marvel Universe, it felt like the perfect time to restore Steve Rogers to his former self,” says series writer Nick Spencer.

Recently drained of the Super Soldier Serum that gave him his strength, speed and endurance, Steve Rogers was no longer fit to wield the shield and he passed the title of Captain America to his closest ally, Sam Wilson, a.k.a. Falcon. So what happens to Sam Wilson now that Steve has returned? Enemies of freedom beware – there are now two Captain Americas protecting the people!

CAPTAIN AMERICA: STEVE ROGERSand CAPTAIN AMERICA: SAM WILSONwill act as great counter-points to one another,” continues Spencer. “If you're digging the topical, ripped-from-the-headlines approach we're taking in Sam's book, we've got plenty more of that to come. And if you're up for a more timeless take, with Captain America facing off against Hydra and his classic rogues gallery, Steve's book will be just the thing for you.”

The All-New, All-Different Marvel Universe is in turmoil. The threat of impeding Hydra forces grows by the day worming their way into Marvel’s Super Hero community. Anyone can be a threat, and no one is to be trusted. But what is Hydra’s ultimate goal? There is only one man who can challenge the threat of Hydra – Captain America himself – Steve Rogers!

Will his first day back on the job be his last? Find out when CAPTAIN AMERICA: STEVE ROGERS #1 arrives in comic shops and digital devices this spring!

For more on Captain America & All-New, All-Different Marvel, please visit www.marvel.com. Join the conversation on Twitter with hashtag #CaptainAmerica and don’t forget to follow us on Twitter at @Marvel.

CAPTAIN AMERICA: STEVE ROGERS #1

Written by NICK SPENCER

Art by JESUS SAIZ

Cover by JESUS SAIZ

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

darthdeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Shit outfit, shit shield, Sam Wilson is shit, overall shit

snarkybits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

That...that costume will take some time to get used to.

TheExile285

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 4

Like the cover overall and the new outfit. Wasn't feeling the new shield till I saw the sketches below. That actually looks pretty cool.

Epyon007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The sales have been getting progressively worse for Sam Wilson. December was under 30K which for Marvel is not very good. Probably want Steve to shake things up.

UltimatePower6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

I see the new designs are going the way of the films....

Aw man, they're de-aging old man america? Aw, there goes Sam being Cap.

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Now we need chinese Captain America, mexican Captain America and native american Captain America. For start.

Ambaryerno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Ok, first of all the split shield is just a goofy gimmick, and that's saying a LOT for comic books.

Second, how long does Marvel really expect to have both Steve AND Sam running around as Captain America? It's not like Miles and Peter both using the name Spider-Man, since Miles didn't take up the Spider-Man name from 616 Peter. He was the only Spidey in his home universe after Parker died, and he couldn't help it that his universe died and he got stuck in 616 (or whatever the heck it's being called now). Or even having both Old Man Logan and Laura Kinney, since only Laura is using the Wolverine name while 616 Logan is dead.

Sam took up the Captain America name because Steve physically couldn't do it anymore. Now Steve physically CAN yet they're both still calling themselves Cap?

Avatar image for life_without_progress
life_without_progress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

That look is ... gonna take some time for me to warm up to.

wmarshal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Make sense, if you are going to make him do captain america things, make him Captain america. Now I get two Captain America books. Now about thor...

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

Costume is eww.

I like the sheild

CaptainCyke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmmm it appears Sharon is still old (somewhat a least)

EdBlank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By EdBlank

This is dumb.

Once again: two dudes with the same exact name doesn't ever work. One will be FalCap or whatever.

Secondly, isn't there a "new Falcon"? So now what Sam Wilson just gets s***ted out of being Falcon now too? He gonna be on sanitation duty in Avengers tower before it's over with.

luciferjonez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By luciferjonez

Shit outfit, shit shield, Sam Wilson is shit, overall shit

It lacks the basic tenant of what made him captain america. Dressing up like a a damn flag. Granted it has the colors but they've played down the American aspect, and went back to the original shield shape.

Part of me sort of liked the sam outfit, and the sam/cap storyline was good, but jumped the shark with the were cap crap. I miss the falcon character being the falcon. probably my favorite mego as a kid.

I feel like todays redesigns are just too overly complicated for the sake of being so.

RaunJisto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By RaunJisto

I can get behind the split shield thing, but does that mean he's not gonna throw any frisbee Shield now?

jas0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jesus Saiz is a great artist, happy to ser him in a book with a good visibility.

donmeca2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Will its about time steve returns !!!! While im no regular cap reader, this can only mean the real thor and real and 616 logan are soon to return as well.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can get behind the split shield thing, but does that mean he's not gonna throw any frisbee Shield now?

It doesn't seem like it, looks like he'll be more of a melee character now that he splits the shield apart with a defensive and offensive part.

Kind of weird.

Flicker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Flicker

I'm excited to see Steve Rodgers back, however disappointed to see Nick Spencer on the book. While Spencer does great with Ant-Man, I'm noticing his stuff like Sam Wilson turns into a parody. My personal taste for a Cap book is something more serious than he has shown at Marvel.

Lantern1210

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just when I was getting used to Old Man Rogers lol. I wonder what impact this will have on Uncanny Avengers.

Avatar image for germancomicidiot
GermanComicIdiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rubear: And at least ONE of them has to be homosexuel and written by Bendis.

But yeah, im glad that Rogers returned.

DrellAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Super excited about this. The shield makes sense now that Cap is "going on the offensive". I love the classic shield as much as the next fan but this will allow us to see Cap use a new move set, which is something that hasn't really changed since the character's inception. And according to Spencer, this wasn't something Marvel mandated - he wanted to bring Cap back for his 75th anniversary. Also this book isn't going to replace Sam Cap's book, it's going to continue.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

Well Civil War is coming out in a few months so I don't know who didn't see this coming. Another reason why I find mantle switching popular characters a waste of time. Sam should have been pushed as Falcon.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

#23  Edited By Squalleon

The outfit is okay, I could grow into it.

That shield looks so cheap though.....

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Still waiting for Thor though

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#25  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

I really, really don't like two heroes sharing the same name. Didn't like it for Flash, didn't like it for Spider-Man and I still don't like it. And before anyone brings up GL, that's different, since most of them go by their first name among heroes and fellow Corps members anyway.

Stellar421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@edblank said:

This is dumb.

Once again: two dudes with the same exact name doesn't ever work. One will be FalCap or whatever.

Secondly, isn't there a "new Falcon"? So now what Sam Wilson just gets s***ted out of being Falcon now too? He gonna be on sanitation duty in Avengers tower before it's over with.

Exactly.

ScrappyDont27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Glad to have Young Steve back! Liking Sam Wilson as Cap also. Do not know how I feel about Steves new costume not really feeling it

goonage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I like the new outfit. Not a fan of the shield.

TheSpoiler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Wow, just around the same time as the new Captain America movie! What a coincidence!

Avatar image for ultimate_knight
Ultimate_Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The outfit seems to obviously be inspired by Captain America's Age of Ultron and Civil War appearances. I do not like the shield, but it seems to be too early to judge.

SEGENIS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By SEGENIS

Cant say i wasnt expecting this.Glad to see Sam still wielding the shield

TheSpoiler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#33  Edited By TheSpoiler

And both the costume & shield look horrible.

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Guess Cap is going to be decapitating more

people now lol.

Tattacus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't really care about the costume one way or another. But why don't Steve get his shield back?

Figgs216

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

what is wrong with Sharon's face?

CaptainCyke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for earthsmightiest
EarthsMightiest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ABOUT DAMN TIME!

Haloprogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@edblank: Sam's going to be working with Misty and "new" Falcon whilst Rogers here is going to work with Kid Carter and Bucky Winter-man. Apparently. Hyped to see how Bucky will work in the comic though, there's that!

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So is PR Pidgeon gone for good?

Avatar image for sesquipedalophobe
sesquipedalophobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would have preferred his agent uniform.

Rag_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Like the costume. Hate the shield.

Lanstar777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would really love to see Steve go more the way of Richard Grayson (Nightwing) has recently. Have him do more covert ops and spy stuff. He has always been a great "lead from the front guy", but it would be cool to see him being more "James Bond" like. Just saying...

laabitres

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

what was the point of making Sam Captain America then....

HushoftheWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By HushoftheWind

I'm sorry but I miss the wing tips. I think marvel could have somehow updated his wings. Im honestly glad he's not throwing the shield anymore, especially without a device to make it come back to him ie Age of Ultron

I thought DC was going to give Guardian a redesign like this with the new 52, o well

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm glad Rogers is back. Not a fan of his new suit or shield.

@edblank said:

This is why I hate legacy characters. We all know at the end of the day, sooner or later Cap will come back, as will Thor, Wolverine etc. It just hurts the guy filling the role. I'd much rather have had Wilson become an even cooler Falcon,using the movies as a springboard to get him more visible to readers.

Marvel's been a soup sandwich the last couple of years.

Super excited about this. The shield makes sense now that Cap is "going on the offensive".

You know Steve can take apart tanks and jets and stuff casually with his normal shield, right?

kalai1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would say the shield is nice. But I just don't like the color, the overall color is too dark.

Still, I hope more people pop up in Uncanny Avenger

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tattacus said:

Don't really care about the costume one way or another. But why don't Steve get his shield back?

Probably because he gave it to Sam. Giving something to someone and then taking it back is seen as kind of a punk move.

Well Civil War is coming out in a few months so I don't know who didn't see this coming. Another reason why I find mantle switching popular characters a waste of time. Sam should have been pushed as Falcon.

Well, I don't see how that would have really helped Sam. I mean, The Falcon isn't exactly a big character.

@slimj87d said:
@raunjisto said:

It doesn't seem like it, looks like he'll be more of a melee character now that he splits the shield apart with a defensive and offensive part.

Kind of weird.

I don't think it's all that weird. I mean he could cut and bash with the old shield to. It was arguably just more a hassle to do than with two parts.

Honestly, my only complaint here is that the headpiece could use some wings on the side. Outside of that...I look at this as an overall improvement on Caps design.

DrellAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm glad Rogers is back. Not a fan of his new suit or shield.

@edblank said:

This is why I hate legacy characters. We all know at the end of the day, sooner or later Cap will come back, as will Thor, Wolverine etc. It just hurts the guy filling the role. I'd much rather have had Wilson become an even cooler Falcon,using the movies as a springboard to get him more visible to readers.

Marvel's been a soup sandwich the last couple of years.

@drellassassin said:

Super excited about this. The shield makes sense now that Cap is "going on the offensive".

You know Steve can take apart tanks and jets and stuff casually with his normal shield, right?

Yes but I'm going off of Spencer's pitch for the book, which is Steve going on the offensive rather than defending, and the shield design reflects it. I'm not being literal, just noting how the shield's design fits the tone and angle of the book.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

told ya he'd be back