Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff
No Caption Provided

VISION #9

(W) Tom King (A) Gabriel Hernandez Walta (CA) Mike Del Mundo

• Every family has its share of secrets - skeletons in the closet, kept hidden from the world at large.

• For the Visions, those secrets are real, actual skeletons.

• The thing about secrets is they always have a cost... and one of the Visions is going to pay with their life.

Rated T+

Item Code: MAY160818In Shops: 7/13/2016SRP: $3.99

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

BR_Havoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Sucks this series is ending at 12, Also sucks Marvel kind of spoiled part of its ending with Viv being in the new Champions book.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Heard this was great. I initially thought it be some sad MCU cash in on AOU. But I'm impressed to see it so well

Elpizo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@br_havoc: I feel the same way about everything you posted. I know King will give readers a spectacular ending

TheLurker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@br_havoc said:

Sucks this series is ending at 12, Also sucks Marvel kind of spoiled part of its ending with Viv being in the new Champions book.

I know right. She was built up to be the most sympathetic and innocent of the Vision family and a lot of the tension in this book, for me, was seeing if she was going to survive the tragedies that's eating away at their lives. Also it is now safe to assume that Vin dies.

phillip33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does vision get to do some ass kicking in this story? I have been meaning to pick it up.

Avatar image for amazingspiderman15
AmazingSpiderman15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@br_havoc said:

wait it's ending at issue 12???

Goellterator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@phillip33: No, not really, but it´s still one, if not the best Marvel story atm. Karnak is also pretty nice.

superhoodie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Can't wait.

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

Does vision get to do some ass kicking in this story? I have been meaning to pick it up.

He doesn't, there isn't much fighting going on in the book. It creates tension differently.

lagozzino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

Its not really a superhero story. Think of it more like a suspense/thriller set in a superhero universe. Superheroing is treated more like Vision's day job that happens in the background.

goonage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

"Mother! We agreed! I am coded to be 16! You are not supposed to phase through my door!"

If it is ending I am going to miss this series.

JamesSpiring

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@br_havoc said:

wait it's ending at issue 12???

The writer got poached by DC.

CaptainHoopla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This book is going to win some awards, probably a whole bunch of awards. One of the best comics I've read in a long long time.

phillip33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Chayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't wait to read this, it looks awesome!

RabumAlal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is the best series ANAD Marvel had to offer. Sucks that King is transferring to DC (or so I've heard)

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@goonage said:

"Mother! We agreed! I am coded to be 16! You are not supposed to phase through my door!"

If it is ending I am going to miss this series.

Really? so the Ultimates are too unlikable for you to consider that series good, but this book where the only likable character is Viv is good?

(If you're wondering how I know that much in spite of not liking the series, I just bought the first trade 2 weeks ago)

goonage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Really? so the Ultimates are too unlikable for you to consider that series good, but this book where the only likable character is Viv is good?

(If you're wondering how I know that much in spite of not liking the series, I just bought the first trade 2 weeks ago)

Because this series knows the characters are wrong and screwed up and maintains an undertone of dread. Meanwhile, the Ultimates comic had wrong and screwed up characters, but treated them as if they are Earth's greatest heroes.

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@goonage: Yes and I think there's issue with that too since Vision is a super hero, and twists him into something like that while surrounding him with others like that. Meanwhile aside from Pym the Ultimates still prove to be good people who save the day and millions of lives. Way better than getting off on seeing something this twisted and sadistic, especially since it's meant to be about a pure 616 good guy, and it's just screwing with the idea of him being f*cked up.

Not to mention that you could say the same about the Ultimates, which entire continuity has been framed to match a different tongue and cheek tone about how it's using a certain realism based aesthetic. Which on some ways could make it more optimistic than originally thought since so many "realistic" stories about super powers are about people abusing them or being selfish with them.

Plus again, if you get off on this kind of thing, I don't see why you wouldn't get off on the darker parts of the Ultimates (which I'm not as crazy about myself)

sinikettu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sinikettu: Yup, just came out like 2 weeks ago. Been buying a bunch of their new trades from Marvel, they're really well formatted and comfortable to read.

Avatar image for deactivated-5790531b876c9
deactivated-5790531b876c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

sinikettu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This book is going to win some awards, probably a whole bunch of awards. One of the best comics I've read in a long long time.

I hope not, I hate books like this that take heroic children's characters and twists them like in this series, and I'd hate for more series to follow suit.

Zwm210

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

I feel for the guy that has to keep this series going if they continue it past 12 issues

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

This Book.....art