User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

THOR ANNUAL #1

(W) Jason Aaron & Various (A) Rob Guillory & Various (CA) Rafael Albuquerque

• Three stories featuring three Thors!

• Wrestling superstar CM Punk and Rob Guillory (Chew) on Young Thor's idea for how to prove himself worthy of Mjolnir: a drinking competition!

• Noelle Stevenson (Lumberjanes) and Marguerite Sauvage tell a tale of the new Thor!

• And Jason Aaron on the Girls of Thunder's quest to find the perfect birthday present for their grandfather, King Thor! How about a new Garden of Eden?

ONE SHOT/Rated T+

Item Code: DEC140896In Shops: 2/25/2015SRP: $4.99

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Very excited to see what CM Punk does and how his writing is, as well being able to see more of Old King Thor and the girls of thunder. Always very fun to see them. Not excited about female Thor though mostly because I don't know who she is and she's pretty much just a figurehead with limited personality, and the art in that section looks mediocre, as well as in the drinking contest section. But that's just my opinion of that style. Looks like two thirds of this story is going to be a comedy... At least I'll enjoy the Old King Thor part.

TrueMarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I refuse to read anything involving she-thor.

This is a Thor annual and they DARE put this imposter in the book? that's like putting Superior Spiderman or Ben Reilly on the cover of a Spider-man Annual.... Disgusting.

Avatar image for child_of_the_past
Child_of_the_Past

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@truemarvel: How are either of the characters you listed problematic to you? The both held the title of Spider-Man for brief periods. Would you have the same problem with Miles Morales or Miguel O'Hara?

wessaari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

User Lists: 7

@truemarvel: oh no, they are actually trying something new instead of rehashing same old ideas and tropes. dude, its a freaking comic book, stop acting like its a greek tragedy. Sooner or later everything will go back to normal, and by that time you would have missed out on a new story and a new character. if you dont like it thats fine, but you are disturbingly close-minded

TrueMarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@truemarvel: How are either of the characters you listed problematic to you? The both held the title of Spider-Man for brief periods. Would you have the same problem with Miles Morales or Miguel O'Hara?

@wessaari said:

@truemarvel: oh no, they are actually trying something new instead of rehashing same old ideas and tropes. dude, its a freaking comic book, stop acting like its a greek tragedy. Sooner or later everything will go back to normal, and by that time you would have missed out on a new story and a new character. if you dont like it thats fine, but you are disturbingly close-minded

No. I wouldn't as long as they are featured ALONG side the real spiderman. But in this comic cover, she literally replaces modern thor. These characters i listed correlate to my issue because they are considered imposters while they were spiderman.

I'm not being closed minded. I'm being pissed off that one of my favorite characters is being crapped on ONCE AGAIN. And they STILL haven't explained why Thor is unworthy. Fans of Thor STILL have no idea. It's akin to not telling readers why/how Spiderman or Superman lost there powers, but still going forward and writing stories about their replacements.

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@child_of_the_past: had Miles or Miguel or, let's say, Jessica ever tried to stole or somehow get Peter's name? You know, not Spiderman, but Peter. His name.

DonFelipe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 8

YES!

thatlad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 3

Flaming hell, people really need to get over this she-Thor thing.

I've got to admit, CM Punk on the cover piqued my interest. I'm interested to see what he brings to the table

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

Looks awesome

wowlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I kinda wanna know the full family of Old King Thor. His wife etc ( hopefully Sif )

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Asgaard

@jayc1324 said:

Very excited to see what CM Punk does and how his writing is, as well being able to see more of Old King Thor and the girls of thunder. Always very fun to see them. Not excited about female Thor though mostly because I don't know who she is and she's pretty much just a figurehead with limited personality, and the art in that section looks mediocre, as well as in the drinking contest section. But that's just my opinion of that style. Looks like two thirds of this story is going to be a comedy... At least I'll enjoy the Old King Thor part.

After the first 5 issues i quit on Female Thor P.I.S. book, written by "P.I.S. Aaronson" but this scans only prove what you said, and what i m being saying her personality is very LIMITED, she is just a female Fantasy of Thor Odinson.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

The wrestling story looks fun and awesome.

Child_of_the_Past

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@truemarvel:

@rubear: you're acting as if the character is in fact trying to take Thor's place away from him. Both of the characters you listed were effectively Peter Parker. They either were in his body and actively trying to take his place or they had no reason to believe they weren't the original Peter Parker. The new Thor isn't trying to steal Thor's name. I have no idea why you feel the need to be insulted on behalf of the character lol. Do you identify with a fictional character so much that you feel personally slighted by the change. At the end of the day it's just a damn comic book. Get over it.

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I cant wait to see Thor tear up some Asgardians.

What I dont wanna see anymore though, is Odinson sulking and being Emo.

Child_of_the_Past

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@truemarvel: Also, technically the imposter is along side the "real" Thor on the cover. I'm not sure why it matters which version of him is next to her. He's being represented twice. We also know he will get the hammer back at some point hence the presence of old king Thor. I don't know why fans are acting as if Thor had a sex change or something. Everything implies that this is in fact, temporary.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@child_of_the_past: Female Thor book has a lot of P.I.S to try make this change work, and i think you agree that the new book writing quality is not on TGOT level, so is safe to say that her story didn't bring anything that could justify the end of Thor God of Thunder in terms of writing quality...

Thor Odinson fans run Aaron's Female Thor P.I.S. Gauntlet.

1 Whisper

2 Odin Unworthy

3 Thor quits on his own identity

4 Odin the All-Wise behaves like a irrational Human

5 Aaron uses Absorbing Man allegory to insult Thor fans

I m a big big fan i just stop at 5...

Child_of_the_Past

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard: All those are valid complaints about the story so far. I totally understand where you're coming from. I just have one question for you. Why are you still reading this book? You don't like the writing, the main character, characterization of the old characters, or the plot of the book itself. If this was any other series you would have dropped this book by now. Personally, I prefer TGOT to this book but you don't see me posting that on every article that is related to the "new" Thor. I just don't understand why you and other "fans" are constantly complaining every time this character or series is brought up. As hard as it is to imagine, there are people who genuinely like this book for everything it offers. Based on the positive reception this series has been getting from critics and the sale numbers its been getting making, thanks to fans and people who read it only hate on it later. Basically, I'm saying that a lot of negative comments on this site and others are pointless because Marvel already knows and seemingly doesn't care. Sorry.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Asgaard

@child_of_the_past: this isn't a negative comment it's what i think about the current Aaron's writing, i pay for the first 5 issues and i think i can express my opinion about them freely, i gave it a shot, so i could say if i liked or not, and i didn't like it, i already said i will stop reading the book in my first post, i don't know if you read it, but there is your answer to your question, i will not post after issue 6, but this is annual preview with Old and young Thor that aren't in the Pr stunt book, and i still can say what i thought from the issues that i read right?... The sales numbers are based on the PR stunt attention and the plot "who she is" (Jane or Roz is a simple answer) for this weak plot, but comics normally work this way, see the numbers sales again after the reveal, the critics gave it a free pass and we all know why, and we saw that in the last issue where there was that Titania absurd writing and it get the usual free pass, you said it yourself, isn't on TGOT level... The END... :)

Child_of_the_Past

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard: Why did you feel the need tell me all that lol. I already said I understood your reasons for not liking the book. I also never said you couldn't post what you wanted. I only questioned the logic of you and others who feel the need to keep complaining and reading something you don't like. It wasn't a personal attack, just few questions. Did you seriously say just tell me "The End"? I don't feel like that was necessary.

Winter_Kills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

IMO, the one & only good thing about this book is Tim Truman. He is a FANTASTIC artist, always has been, always will be. The other two stories- IMO- the art looks so cartoonish & sophomoric. I swear, the art for the new "Thor" story looks like a cartoon on Cartoon Network, & the drinking story- I've seen kid's cartoons that look better. It definitely isn't the kind of epic art I expect from a Thor book. That kind of art makes me expect to see something like this pop up at any minute:

No Caption Provided

(Though, IMHO, I think this lil' fella would be a far more interesting character than the new "Thor" has proven to be thus far.)

@child_of_the_past said:

@wessaari said:

No. I wouldn't as long as they are featured ALONG side the real spiderman. But in this comic cover, she literally replaces modern thor. These characters i listed correlate to my issue because they are considered imposters while they were spiderman.

I'm not being closed minded. I'm being pissed off that one of my favorite characters is being crapped on ONCE AGAIN. And they STILL haven't explained why Thor is unworthy. Fans of Thor STILL have no idea. It's akin to not telling readers why/how Spiderman or Superman lost there powers, but still going forward and writing stories about their replacements.

No Caption Provided
@asgaard said:

@jayc1324 said:

After the first 5 issues i quit on Female Thor P.I.S. book, written by "P.I.S. Aaronson" but this scans only prove what you said, and what i m being saying her personality is very LIMITED, she is just a female Fantasy of Thor Odinson.

No Caption Provided

Agreed brave warrior of Asgard!!