Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff
No Caption Provided

STAR WARS HAN SOLO #1

(W) Marjorie M. Liu (A) Mark Brooks (CA) Lee Bermejo

Everyone's favorite scoundrel gets his very own series! Han is given a top-secret undercover mission for the Rebellion - rescuing a number of informants and spies. His cover for the assignment? Only the biggest and most infamous starship race in the galaxy! You know - the race Han has dreamt of winning his entire life. Will he keep his mind on the mission? And can he manage to pull it off while keeping the lead? Best-selling author Marjorie Liu (X-MEN) comes to the Galaxy Far, Far Away along with superstar cover artist Mark Brooks (ULTIMATE X-MEN) in his return to interior art! Face it, readers - there aren't enough scoundrels in your life!

Rated T

Item Code: APR161034In Shops: 6/15/2016SRP: $3.99

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

iaconpoint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

So, if the buying of Star Wars by Disney negates all non-movie books and such, wouldn't that mean this and all Marvel books are worthless and untrue?

Also, does the cover with the figures make the toys untrue also? Oh man, I'm just glad Power Girl and Batman are safe on another earth!

leokearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

So, if the buying of Star Wars by Disney negates all non-movie books and such, wouldn't that mean this and all Marvel books are worthless and untrue?

Also, does the cover with the figures make the toys untrue also? Oh man, I'm just glad Power Girl and Batman are safe on another earth!

Only comics and novels done prior to Disney's buyout are non-canon, all novels and comics done by marvel are canon.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f
deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

there are other Hans Solo than this one? Or is Star Wars is just to sell more?

d9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

Looks good.

ObiWanKevobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@iaconpoint said:

Only comics and novels done prior to Disney's buyout are non-canon, all novels and comics done by marvel are canon.

Didn't they also pick and choose some of the earlier stuff to keep cannon?

DrellAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@leokearon said:
@iaconpoint said:

Didn't they also pick and choose some of the earlier stuff to keep cannon?

No. Only the movies and Clone Wars.

Bl00dwerK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Nixing the EU was a big mistake...

SynCig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 45

@bl00dwerk: Not if you want creative freedom for the 4 billion dollar franchise you just bought...

Bl00dwerK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@syncig said:

@bl00dwerk: Not if you want creative freedom for the 4 billion dollar franchise you just bought...

Disney's "creative freedom" will end up with a new franchise that isn't half as good as the EU...

kcomicfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

This looks great.

SynCig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bl00dwerk: Lucasfilm, not Disney, has creative control of Star Wars. Also, a lot of the EU, IN MY OPINION, was crap. Glad you have made up your mind about the entirety of the new canon in its infancy. You can do what you want so have a good day.

Bl00dwerK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@syncig said:

@bl00dwerk: Lucasfilm, not Disney, has creative control of Star Wars. Also, a lot of the EU, IN MY OPINION, was crap. Glad you have made up your mind about the entirety of the new canon in its infancy. You can do what you want so have a good day.

TFA was just a rehash of ANH, so I don't know where your idea of "creative freedom" comes from...

apg103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Han Rules !!!!

Han Rules !!!!

Han Rules !!!!

Han Rules !!!!

Han Rules !!!!

Han Rules !!!!

SynCig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By SynCig

@bl00dwerk: I really have no patience for people who give the lazy "ANH rip-off" critique so I'll link to an incredible video by one of the better Youtube movie reviewers out there that goes into quite a lot of depth and with more eloquence than I could on why TFA offers A LOT of new things to the Star Wars formula. It is quite the long video so if you don't watch it then that's cool. Just know that I disagree that TFA is simply a rip-off of ANH because it isn't. On top of that, to get back to your question, I'll loop back to what I've already alluded to. We're ONE movie into this new canon and a few books and comics. At this point, saying there is no "creative freedom" or that I'm wrong is nonsense.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbaliPyihCY

Bl00dwerK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@syncig said:

@bl00dwerk: I really have no patience for people who give the lazy "ANH rip-off" critique so I'll link to an incredible video by one of the better Youtube movie reviewers out there that goes into quite a lot of depth and with more eloquence than I could on why TFA offers A LOT of new things to the Star Wars formula. It is quite the long video so if you don't watch it then that's cool. Just know that I disagree that TFA is simply a rip-off of ANH because it isn't. On top of that, to get back to your question, I'll loop back to what I've already alluded to. We're ONE movie into this new canon and a few books and comics. At this point, saying there is no "creative freedom" or that I'm wrong is nonsense.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbaliPyihCY

I don't recall asking a question. I made a statement which you disagreed with. If they threw out the EU because they wanted the freedom to create something new they shouldn't have copied ANH as much as they did. It's also not "lazy" to say that's what they did, either. It was obvious enough that a LOT of people said it and are still saying it. Maybe we'll see something different in the second installment, but they sure haven't started out very well (imo)...