Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff
No Caption Provided

SPIDER-MAN #5

(W) Brian Michael Bendis (A/CA) Sara Pichelli

• BLACK CAT makes her move against SPIDER-MAN!!!

Rated T

Item Code: APR160937In Shops: 6/29/2016SRP: $3.99

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

JamesSpiring

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Whoops. Last week Gwenpool had to get Doctor Strange to magic up some social security documentation, because she didn't exist due to being non-native to Earth-616. Looks like Miles is in the same boat! Molecule Man didn't integrate him properly, apparently. Better call Iron Man, Spidey.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

I wish i could enjoy any of the good comics with bad Black Cat in them. I just like Felicia way too much to enjoy her written like this.

Avatar image for handofprometheus
HandOfPrometheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@teerack: I don't keep up with Spider-Man but it seems she is written as a douche now, what happened to her?

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Teerack
@handofprometheus said:

@teerack: I don't keep up with Spider-Man but it seems she is written as a douche now, what happened to her?

She tried to say hi to Spider-Man during Superior Spider-Man so he just beat her up and left her to get arrested when she was stealing and then she went to jail and got found out as Felicia Hardy and lost everything.

Then she wanted revenge on Spider-Man and went insane trying to kill him out of no where, and then when Peter explained to her that it was really Doc Ock posing as him she decided it didn't matter and was going to continue to be horribly illogically out of character and become the biggest baddest crime boss around.

TrueMarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@teerack said:
@handofprometheus said:

She tried to say hi to Spider-Man during Superior Spider-Man so he just beat her up and left her to get arrested when she was stealing and then she went to jail and got found out as Felicia Hardy and lost everything.

Then she wanted revenge for Spider-Man and went insane trying to kill him out of no where, and then when Peter explained to her that it was really Doc Ock posing at him she decided it didn't matter and was going to continue to be horribly illogically out of character and become the biggest badded crime boss around.

That sounds so stupid that I feel emotionally triggered and I don't even care about Black Cat. Wow. Hell I was reading the panels above and I'm like what the heck is wrong with her. But I had no idea peter literally TOLD her it was doc ock

Linore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Will they ever write Black Cat in decent manner again? Stay tuned

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Jesus, when did Black Cat become every Knock-off Spidey characters main villain? And where does she even find the time to do it? I mean she's in over 70% of the Silk stories, in some of Peters stories & even here now in a Miles story.

mrkareemruiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Love Miles book.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Whoops. Last week Gwenpool had to get Doctor Strange to magic up some social security documentation, because she didn't exist due to being non-native to Earth-616. Looks like Miles is in the same boat! Molecule Man didn't integrate him properly, apparently. Better call Iron Man, Spidey.

they say in the preview that SHIELD made it so that no one could run his I.D.

xsbrx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks like Marvel is still butchering Black Cat's character with full power.

TheExile285

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 4

@teerack said:
@handofprometheus said:

Then she wanted revenge for Spider-Man and went insane trying to kill him out of no where, and then when Peter explained to her that it was really Doc Ock posing at him she decided it didn't matter and was going to continue to be horribly illogically out of character and become the biggest baddest crime boss around.

Wow, that sucks...

Avatar image for the_mighty_monarch
The Mighty Monarch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1450

User Lists: 4

@JamesSpiring said:

they say in the preview that SHIELD made it so that no one could run his I.D.

Black Cat's person says it's SHIELD based on no trace existing but he's just making an assumption; he would have no way of knowing about any Secret Wars stuff.

Aros001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack said:
@handofprometheus said:

Then she wanted revenge for Spider-Man and went insane trying to kill him out of no where, and then when Peter explained to her that it was really Doc Ock posing at him she decided it didn't matter and was going to continue to be horribly illogically out of character and become the biggest badded crime boss around.

That sounds so stupid that I feel emotionally triggered and I don't even care about Black Cat. Wow. Hell I was reading the panels above and I'm like what the heck is wrong with her. But I had no idea peter literally TOLD her it was doc ock

Well there is one thing that helps me buy her attitude a little bit. I think it was before the post Secret War timeskip, where Black Cat was discovering that the more heartless she acted the better her bad luck powers seemed to work and the more results she gained from them. So it seemed like she was on a slippery slope, trying to decide between power and morality, which I think is an interesting idea. For me personally she hasn't gone too far yet as a crime boss to make me give up on her and the story, but I can certainly understand not liking it when a character you like is turned into a straight up villain, so I'm certainly not going to fault anyone for feeling that way.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm a bit out of the loop, but wouldn't Black Cat's animosity be more towards Peter than Miles?

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Teerack
@aros001 said:
@truemarvel said:
@teerack said:
@handofprometheus said:

Well there is one thing that helps me buy her attitude a little bit. I think it was before the post Secret War timeskip, where Black Cat was discovering that the more heartless she acted the better her bad luck powers seemed to work and the more results she gained from them. So it seemed like she was on a slippery slope, trying to decide between power and morality, which I think is an interesting idea. For me personally she hasn't gone too far yet as a crime boss to make me give up on her and the story, but I can certainly understand not liking it when a character you like is turned into a straight up villain, so I'm certainly not going to fault anyone for feeling that way.

Considering Felica's life I also just don't find that whole power or morality thing believable at all. Cat has turned down used reward to do the write thing so many times and was once at the point where she was a defender and an aspiring avenger. This is just a 180 from anything that could make sense.

And after Peter gave up on her I have a hard time having any hope with such a bleak new status quo :[

flashallan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Jesus, when did Black Cat become every Knock-off Spidey characters main villain? And where does she even find the time to do it? I mean she's in over 70% of the Silk stories, in some of Peters stories & even here now in a Miles story.

The Mobius chair told me there are 3 Black Cats. ;)

Avatar image for christianrapper
christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

this series has been pretty good. i can't wait to see how miles handles this. i hope they let him get out of this on his own and not have peter rescue him.

BuNKiTZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ooh, I like that he doesn't have any records. Probably cause he's from the Ultimate Universe, right...? It would be really interesting if that was the case, though, since it seems like he and his supporting cast have been in this new universe for a long time now, as if it's normal.

Catty_Spider1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Catty_Spider1

The butchering of Black Cats character continues :(

It can be summed up as:

I'm so evil I'm going to murder this defencless child because he happens to share the same identity, powers and vague costume aesphetic as this guy I hate for bullshit reasons. However I am going to just ignore that OTHER Spider-Man who's been operating in New York on and off from before 16+ months ago in the wake of Goblin Nation and also Spider Woman. Their just too different to qualify as a secondary receptical for my hatred.

Golly gee aren't I evil.

Friv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Zap.

Venom Blast.

Why am I not surprised?

God, this book sucks. Felicia continues to be massacred as a character and Bendis continues to shaft Miles for all hell, he has absolutely no I.D because S.H.I.E.L.D wiped it from literally everything? Oh, well isn't that convenient. That means that nobody Miles doesn't know will be able to discover his secret identity, how utterly perfectly coincidental.

Boring. That's the word I'm looking for. There's no stakes, because Miles has everything fixed for him. He's been kidnapped? Venom Blast. Had his fingerprints scanned? Oh, it's okay, there's no record of him anywhere.

Did Peter ever have that luxury when he was a kid, swinging around in the webs? No, because he didn't get everything handed to him on a silver platter like Miles has. Case in point, the 'very impressive piece of tech' as Felicia put it, the web-shooters. Did Miles come up with that himself? No, Peter did. Fifty four freaking years ago.

Blatant rip-off cash-in character is blatant.

mrkareemruiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By christianrapper

@mrkareemruiz said:

@christianrapper: Peter got owned by Black Heart and Miles saved him.

he actually saved the whole avengers team. however, miles has been currently kidnapped or captured in everyone of his series.

GrenadeFlow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@friv said:

Zap.

Venom Blast.

Why am I not surprised?

God, this book sucks. Felicia continues to be massacred as a character and Bendis continues to shaft Miles for all hell, he has absolutely no I.D because S.H.I.E.L.D wiped it from literally everything? Oh, well isn't that convenient. That means that nobody Miles doesn't know will be able to discover his secret identity, how utterly perfectly coincidental.

Boring. That's the word I'm looking for. There's no stakes, because Miles has everything fixed for him. He's been kidnapped? Venom Blast. Had his fingerprints scanned? Oh, it's okay, there's no record of him anywhere.

Did Peter ever have that luxury when he was a kid, swinging around in the webs? No, because he didn't get everything handed to him on a silver platter like Miles has. Case in point, the 'very impressive piece of tech' as Felicia put it, the web-shooters. Did Miles come up with that himself? No, Peter did. Fifty four freaking years ago.

Blatant rip-off cash-in character is blatant.

So how is this a bad thing?

Friv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@grenadeflow: There's no struggle, no sense of accomplishment when it comes to Miles. Everything just... happens. It's lazy, dull and contrived. Bad storytelling, plain and simple.

GrenadeFlow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@friv said:

@grenadeflow: There's no struggle, no sense of accomplishment when it comes to Miles. Everything just... happens. It's lazy, dull and contrived. Bad storytelling, plain and simple.

As opposed to 15 year old Peter that was able to do everything

Friv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@grenadeflow: Peter was established as a genius right from the get go, we understood that before he received his powers, he was clearly very gifted intellectually.

What does Miles have that defines him? Intellect? No. A sense of humor? No. Original villains? No. A well realized supporting cast that elevates his character? No.

Without the powers, Miles is a nobody. All Bendis did was slap a Spidey suit on a black kid and say 'done'. If that isn't a lazy stunt to cash-in on another hero's successful name, then I don't know what is.

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@2cool4fun said:

The Mobius chair told me there are 3 Black Cats. ;)

Lol. That was even more dumb than this whole Black Cat mess.

@friv said:

Without the powers, Miles is a nobody. All Bendis did was slap a Spidey suit on a black kid and say 'done'. If that isn't a lazy stunt to cash-in on another hero's successful name, then I don't know what is.

This

GrenadeFlow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@friv said:

@grenadeflow: Peter was established as a genius right from the get go, we understood that before he received his powers, he was clearly very gifted intellectually.

What does Miles have that defines him? Intellect? No. A sense of humor? No. Original villains? No. A well realized supporting cast that elevates his character? No.

Do you even read this book. I find it hard to believe you do with these complaints

Friv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@grenadeflow: I read his original run in the Ultimate Universe, both volumes. I've borrowed each new issue of his ANAD run from a friend because I absolutely refuse to spend money on it.

I keep up with it in the hopes that Miles as a character can be improved some day, still waiting for that day.

Nice try assuming I was an ignorant racist though, I criticized the character so I must have never picked up one of his books. Good game.

Mizerous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think there needs to be a second Black Cat like during Catwoman's run as a criminal boss so people don't feel so angry she's not acting like her old self. Then again Felicia is still kind of a crook just more jaded now. Again I like her interactions with Cindy so perhaps she might form a good dynamic with Miles.

amazingfantasy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like Miles. He has a lot of potential as a character imo... But whenever there's a discussion about him, most of the time, his defenders arguments are just... Urgh. Seriously guys, step up. :/ Both the book and the character do have their flaws and I find many of the criticism valid.

As for the book I hope Hammerhead at least gives a fight before going down and- Oh who am I kidding. At least I got Pichelli's art to look forward to...

g2_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#32  Edited By g2_
g2_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@mrkareemruiz said:

@christianrapper: Peter got owned by Black Heart and Miles saved him.

he actually saved the whole avengers team. however, miles has been currently kidnapped or captured in everyone of his series.

Peter only fell from Black Hearts attack he never got hit and he didn't fought and helped Miles for some unknown reason.

Avatar image for deactivated-5790531b876c9
deactivated-5790531b876c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@linore said:

Will they ever write Black Cat in decent manner again? Stay tuned

That's something I would like to know.

christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

this issue was great. it had a little bit of pis, but it teased some great stuff that i won't spoil. they had a character who has no connection to any spider character.

christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

did anyone catch that not so subtle dig at d.c. in this book?