Preview: SPIDER-MAN #12

• 74 results
Spydaman88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Yea since Civil War started his story has been pretty boring... outside of him in Champions... the whole hook up thing out of nowhere is like a big slap in the face...considering every since he came to 616 universe the writers keep finding someway to involve all of Peters enemies without opening up grounds for Miles to leave his own mark in the world... and him kissing Gwen has done it...love for someone to write in his own love interest without Peter written all over it. Or even enemies...

mrkareemruiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@spydaman88: The Gwen that Peter loved is dead. It has nothing to do with this Gwen. Miles can make his own history with this Gwen. Seems that makes people mad.

Mizerous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is an attempt to get readersand sales for spider gwen.

aallen1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@champion99: Sam Wilson and Misty Knight are together.

Kurolegacy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrkareemruiz: Problem there is that Gwen Stacy as a character in general will always have ties back to Peter Parker. Whenever one thinks of Gwen, Peter is someone who comes to mind as a peripheral thought. Even with this Gwen, she has a history tied directly to a Peter Parker. It's not something that she can really escape from due to origin of Gwen Stacy. People don't want Miles bogged down by things associated with Peter and want to see him stand in his own light rather than Peter's shadow. To pair him up with someone whose identity is tied to Peter, especially one of his love interests, it's doing Miles a massive disservice.

savagepizza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MonThackma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@werst9 said:

@champion99: in general no, not that that's necessarily a bad thing. Don't need to put two characters together just because they are the same race. That's its own kind of problem. Marvel just needs to mix up the genders since white guy and minority woman is rarely seen.

Rare but it it exists - Han Solo and Sanna Staros... sort of.

El_tio_este

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mkw69 said:

@_reynard_: @bob_belafat:Yeah like that newer happened before ,,chuckle'' Colossus and Kitty Pryde ,,chuckle".

Jajajajaja forgot about those two.

ShadowPro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By ShadowPro

@teerack: same feeling here

last time I checked you have to be 21 to drink at a bar, and in her first series she's drunk in a bar, now this is one of 2: she got away with drinking being a minor or her universe the legal age for drinking is lower, eityher way, this pairing is STUPID AS HELL!

The only kind of girl who is that I know would date a guy that young is a skank who wants a laid with anyone, and that's not the kind of girl I want to think of when I yhink of a gwen even this one

They just pull this two as a couple out of the blue, when they have had no real interaction that could led you to believe they have a thing for each other, or any kind of chemestry whatsoever.

do you remember the time when marvel actually wrote relationships that grew at a natural pace, that you could tell they had a great friendship that could become and blossom into something more? me neither

and the worst thing is that their transparent attempt of having diversesity in their shippings, they end up doing the most racist thing ever! They keep selling the old notion that the perfect woman is a god old natural blond with blue eyes, sam and jane, rohdes and danver, and now this!

And really, just because this is science fiction and fantasy, am I supposed to believe that a girl who past 19 is trully going to fall in love with a kid who hasn't even finished high school?! They might have powres, but they're still supposed to be real people and I have never seen a highschooler with a girl who should be in college at this point

If they were both adults I'd see why she wouldn't mind, but he is still a kid, lenky as hell, but a kid

I can already see her braggin about her new boyfriend with her friends: "Hey girls, look at my new boyfriend, he hasn't finished high school yet, barely knows how to kiss, but we're the most cliched biracial couple there is, just like OJ and Nicole, so who cares if he is 16 and I'm like 22. It is politically correct, so it is ok am a pedo"

If they wanted her with somebone black, why not her friend glory? why not making her a lesbian or bisexual? god knows there really aren't any bis in marvel, and that would have been better in every way

But hey, if mIles gets to live the sex fantasy of every teenage that is to have sex with a girl older than him -- that is also a good way to write romance, right?

Who's next? t'challa and emma?

Is like they're seeling the idea that if you're black, dating a black girl is racisit, you have to date a white girl, and she can't possibly be a brunette or chesnut, or readhead, let alone asian, no! That's not god enough. She has to be BLOND!

It could have been Kamala, somebody who is his age, more likely fall for him, but no, who is gonna believe that a muslim girl would fall in love with a black-latino guy? is more plaussible that a grown woman would fall in love with a kid, regardless of the lack of chemestrry betwen them, and why bother writting a propper love story for them?

and don't there to believe the writters would be fine with allowing people to believe is ok for a 16 year old girl to date a guy who is older, hell no! as if thwe would allow their daughters to date an adult

But I supposed that mean they finally grew the ball to write adni and flash as a couple now, cuz I always got the feeling there was aromantic vibe betwen those, and what a great story it would be. Or maybe any would fianlly return to her world and start dating peter since we're with the cliches: white rich guy, young sexy latina girl, who is barely legal, last time I checked she was like 17 during the spider island, she must be 19 by now so dodge a bullet there

ShadowPro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

even spider-punk would have been a better couple for her

Blue Son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I hate to say it, but if this was reversed where Miles was 19 and Gwen was 16, Marvel would NEVER try this.

But because Miles is a guy it's like that thing when a father finds out his son lost his virginity for the first time, even if it happened due to an older woman the dad will 9 times out of 10 overlook it because his son has become both a man and a stud, especially if the woman happens to be hot.

And I am saying this as a guy.

As far as the interracial thing, don't really see the big deal, it's the norm of society now.

What would be a cool backstory is if Gwen thought this whole time Miles was her age, and visa versa, they hooked up, and then she later finds out that he is actually a MINOR, I would pay through the nose to see her reaction in that book! LOL

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#62  Edited By Teerack

@shadowpro said:

@teerack: same feeling here

last time I checked you have to be 21 to drink at a bar, and in her first series she's drunk in a bar, now this is one of 2: she got away with drinking being a minor or her universe the legal age for drinking is lower, eityher way, this pairing is STUPID AS HELL!

The only kind of girl who is that I know would date a guy that young is a skank who wants a laid with anyone, and that's not the kind of girl I want to think of when I yhink of a gwen even this one

They just pull this two as a couple out of the blue, when they have had no real interaction that could led you to believe they have a thing for each other, or any kind of chemestry whatsoever.

do you remember the time when marvel actually wrote relationships that grew at a natural pace, that you could tell they had a great friendship that could become and blossom into something more? me neither

and the worst thing is that their transparent attempt of having diversesity in their shippings, they end up doing the most racist thing ever! They keep selling the old notion that the perfect woman is a god old natural blond with blue eyes, sam and jane, rohdes and danver, and now this!

And really, just because this is science fiction and fantasy, am I supposed to believe that a girl who past 19 is trully going to fall in love with a kid who hasn't even finished high school?! They might have powres, but they're still supposed to be real people and I have never seen a highschooler with a girl who should be in college at this point

If they were both adults I'd see why she wouldn't mind, but he is still a kid, lenky as hell, but a kid

I can already see her braggin about her new boyfriend with her friends: "Hey girls, look at my new boyfriend, he hasn't finished high school yet, barely knows how to kiss, but we're the most cliched biracial couple there is, just like OJ and Nicole, so who cares if he is 16 and I'm like 22. It is politically correct, so it is ok am a pedo"

If they wanted her with somebone black, why not her friend glory? why not making her a lesbian or bisexual? god knows there really aren't any bis in marvel, and that would have been better in every way

But hey, if mIles gets to live the sex fantasy of every teenage that is to have sex with a girl older than him -- that is also a good way to write romance, right?

Who's next? t'challa and emma?

Is like they're seeling the idea that if you're black, dating a black girl is racisit, you have to date a white girl, and she can't possibly be a brunette or chesnut, or readhead, let alone asian, no! That's not god enough. She has to be BLOND!

It could have been Kamala, somebody who is his age, more likely fall for him, but no, who is gonna believe that a muslim girl would fall in love with a black-latino guy? is more plaussible that a grown woman would fall in love with a kid, regardless of the lack of chemestrry betwen them, and why bother writting a propper love story for them?

and don't there to believe the writters would be fine with allowing people to believe is ok for a 16 year old girl to date a guy who is older, hell no! as if thwe would allow their daughters to date an adult

But I supposed that mean they finally grew the ball to write adni and flash as a couple now, cuz I always got the feeling there was aromantic vibe betwen those, and what a great story it would be. Or maybe any would fianlly return to her world and start dating peter since we're with the cliches: white rich guy, young sexy latina girl, who is barely legal, last time I checked she was like 17 during the spider island, she must be 19 by now so dodge a bullet there

They are both College age and unless you're still below drinking age or super straight edge I don't think most people think drinking when youre in college is a big deal... Its legal in parts of america and 18 is legal in most other countries so i dont see how its a big deal. /shrug

Gwen just graduated high school between the first and second volume and miles is trying to get college scholarships in ms marvel so he would be a senior. Meaning their age gap could only be about a year making them both college age.

No matter what your race you can date anyone you want. Saying that just black people need to date other black people is actually really racist...

Please don't start your post out with "same feelings here" and go into a long list of things that are either factually false or just wrong....

I pretty much don't have the same feelings as you on any of this.

Blue Son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@teerack: I must have missed the issue where Miles jumped from High School to College, can you tell me what issue that was? Thanks.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blue_son said:

@teerack: I must have missed the issue where Miles jumped from High School to College, can you tell me what issue that was? Thanks.

I had been thinking brooklyn visions academy was a college but i guess its just a private high school. Miles was recently in a contest with Ms. Marvel now that i think about it for college scholarships so Miles is a senior and Gwen just graduated high school between the first and second volume so their age gap is only about a year and are both considered college age.

aallen1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shadowpro: Sam and Jane aren't even together, they kissed like one time. Sam's with Misty Night right now.

ShadowPro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By ShadowPro

@teerack: i was talking ab out the anya thing,I should haveen more clear on that, but all I said was true, media in general has the idesa that biracial couples are only black and white, not to mention miles is still in high school, and gwen finished long ago

and i would love to believe that too, bu everytime i see this i feel they're telling me you're black, you gotta get a blond girlfriend, not to mention there is absolutely no romance here at all

@aallen1:so glad to know that

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Teerack

@shadowpro said:

@teerack: i was talking ab out the anya thing,I should haveen more clear on that, but all I said was true, media in general has the idesa that biracial couples are only black and white, not to mention miles is still in high school, and gwen finished long ago

and i would love to believe that too, bu everytime i see this i feel they're telling me you're black, you gotta get a blond girlfriend, not to mention there is absolutely no romance here at all

@aallen1:so glad to know that

Gwen is a recent grad. Fight before Spider-Verse she was practicing with her band in her high school. She only just graduated this year and moved out with her friends. So she would have to be within a year of Mile's age.

White and black relationships are the most common mixed relationships but thats mostly because before the past like two years most nonwhite characters were black. 2016 was like the first year ever they actually had a lot of heroes from Asia.

Mile's parents are an example of a mixed relationship and neither of them are white. I would also say Mile's biggest love interest is probably still Ms Marvel who is South Asian. So Spider-Man is probably the wrong book to try and complain about something like that.

That being said I come from a middle eastern back grown myself and my parents are mixed with my mom being white and I kinda hate everything about people caring in any sense about the race of one person in a couple like it matters. People can be with anyone they want and I don't really agree with people having any kind of opinion on it.

Honestly thought with everything going on with Gwen's life right now I really hate the idea of her dating someone as immature as Miles(I mean everyone Bendis writes is immature so its not his fault). I'm also just not really sure I wanna see Gwen date anyone right now(though that might be that the only good characters in Earth-65 are grls are too old for Gwen to date). The idea of the two characters dating from two different dimensions also is just really messy.

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

The age difference though...,,

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People may call Miles' boring(although the only comics that they read with him he is shoved into the background) I like his comics and think they're interesting.Like this issue was.

Destinyhero20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wait, why Spider-Gwen is in the 616 universe again? She has her own universe, stop throwing her into the 616. Also, long distance relationship don't usually work out, especially if a universe long.

COBRAMORPH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can we not get Spider-Gween &

Silk? Spider-Girl May? another Gwen? Young Hot Aunt May, Young Hot Mary Parker the Spider-MILF?

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wait, why Spider-Gwen is in the 616 universe again? She has her own universe, stop throwing her into the 616.

It's reverse.

ShadowPro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack said:

Gwen is a recent grad. Fight before Spider-Verse she was practicing with her band in her high school. She only just graduated this year and moved out with her friends. So she would have to be within a year of Mile's age.

White and black relationships are the most common mixed relationships but thats mostly because before the past like two years most nonwhite characters were black. 2016 was like the first year ever they actually had a lot of heroes from Asia.

Mile's parents are an example of a mixed relationship and neither of them are white. I would also say Mile's biggest love interest is probably still Ms Marvel who is South Asian. So Spider-Man is probably the wrong book to try and complain about something like that.

That being said I come from a middle eastern back grown myself and my parents are mixed with my mom being white and I kinda hate everything about people caring in any sense about the race of one person in a couple like it matters. People can be with anyone they want and I don't really agree with people having any kind of opinion on it.

Honestly thought with everything going on with Gwen's life right now I really hate the idea of her dating someone as immature as Miles(I mean everyone Bendis writes is immature so its not his fault). I'm also just not really sure I wanna see Gwen date anyone right now(though that might be that the only good characters in Earth-65 are grls are too old for Gwen to date). The idea of the two characters dating from two different dimensions also is just really messy.

EXACTLY MY POINT! Too common, too cliched. Why can't they give us a different mix? like asian and muslim? or japanese and scotts? or... I got nothing else, am not american so I don't really see people for their reace, I judge them byt their eyes color, window of the sould and that stuff. And why does it always have to be a blond? can't they use a black haired or readhead? Not to mention this is unromantic and rushed, and you haven't said when did miles went from high school to college

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack said:

EXACTLY MY POINT! Too common, too cliched. Why can't they give us a different mix? like asian and muslim? or japanese and scotts? or... I got nothing else, am not american so I don't really see people for their reace, I judge them byt their eyes color, window of the sould and that stuff. And why does it always have to be a blond? can't they use a black haired or readhead? Not to mention this is unromantic and rushed, and you haven't said when did miles went from high school to college

Something being common in no way means its cliched...

Muslim isn't a race its a religion(meaning you can be white and Muslim)

I also just explained in a post above i had been mistake about the school Miles was in being a college.

Also I Gwen is 19. They said so in the Spider-Gwen Annual recently.

Destinyhero20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rubear said:
@destinyhero20 said:

Wait, why Spider-Gwen is in the 616 universe again? She has her own universe, stop throwing her into the 616.

It's reverse.

Miles universe is destroy

Jhakson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Jhakson

I think the real issue with this pairing is how Marvel isn't even hiding the fact it's just a TMZ level stunt. The bullet points for the comic are:

• THIS IS IT! THE MOMENT YOU'VE BEEN WAITING FOR! THE KISS HEARD ROUND THE WORLD!

• The two most talked about heroes give us something new to talk about in this Spider-Man/Spider-Gwen crossover.

• How did Miles and Gwen get here?!

The first two are about two characters kissing and have nothing to do with the story, insight into the characters states of minds, or even a tease of some looming plot. The latest Power Man and Iron Fist is one my current favorite running series, and manages to sell me every issue with it's writing instead of saying "Your favorite interracial super team is back together!"

All we can do is hope this gimmick is just editorial trying to move some issues while Bendis lays the groundwork for a genuinely good story, though the last few months have taught me not to hold my breath.