Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff
No Caption Provided

NOVA #7

(W) Sean Ryan (A) R. B. Silva (CA) Humberto Ramos

SUMMER VACATION STARTS NOW!

• Nova's father is still missing, and his only clue to his old man's whereabouts blasted off into space last issue.

• Now, Sam is on the trail of a new mystery -- one he'll need THE AVENGERS help to solve!

• Kicks off a story that will lead into AVENGERS #10!

Rated T

Item Code: MAR160770In Shops: 5/4/2016SRP: $3.99

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

RavenKingXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

So, I take it "all new all different" doesn't actually mean anything.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Some it does others not so much, spider-man seems to be the most different I guess...with the whole inclusion of miles and everything

Tyger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Tyger

So, are the Skrulls Chitauri in mainstream like in Ultimate, or are they a separate race now?

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

So, are the Skrulls Chitauri in mainstream like in Ultimate, or are they a separate race now?

Chitauri are an off shoot branch of Skrull, like they're the deviants of deviant Skrull race.

Doc-Holiday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By Doc-Holiday

Who would guess that a company would lie to promote an existing product? :P

I like this new Nova but honestly when they went to the trouble of having an entire issue telling him not to become an Avenger and he does anyway because they needed the "NEW" avengers which means the 'progressive' avengers (white woman, black man, mixed race kid, hispanic kid and muslim girl and to be fair, Ms. Marvel and Nova are the only 2 I like of that group) because forget continuity or overshadowing characters, we need to prove Marvel isn't racist

RavenKingXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@doc-holiday: at least marvel is trying to make new and exciting characters to not be racist, then there is DC is just throws darts to see which existing character they should change, and then switch them back and then throw another dart.

Doc-Holiday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@doc-holiday: at least marvel is trying to make new and exciting characters to not be racist, then there is DC is just throws darts to see which existing character they should change, and then switch them back and then throw another dart.

Oh yeah :P turning Falcon into Cap and Jane into Thor totally wasn't lazy

or the fact that they're still desperately trying to push Miles while keeping Parker around which is dumb, keep Miles in ultimate so he can be his own character instead of being in the shadow of the original Spiderman

The only one, I feel genuinely comes from a place of creativity is Ms. Marvel, despite her name she isn't like Nova who is the child of a super, her character feels natural and honestly she reminds me so much of original Peter Parker; young kid gains amazing powers, wants to help others, has old wise figure to teach them the need for responsibility, has to hide true identity from family, can't maintain relationships because of powers, isn't even legally old enough to drive and yet powers allow them to move faster and farther than a car could :P

For DC and Marvel I expect a full universe reboot any time soon so we'll probably keep Nova and Ms. Marvel but Miles will return to Ultimate, Jane and Falcon will be back to normal and all this pandering stuff will probably fade away. I get what Marvel is doing, attempting to expand their audience by changing characters in various ways; making Hellcat and Squirrel Girl more enticing to young female readers, making a female Thor to empower young women (despite the fact Marvel has amazing female heroes), making Falcon into Cap so they can have a black character be super important (despite the fact Marvel has great black characters and basically same issue as female characters), then the new Avengers so they can have a rainbow of different characters and proudly shout "please buy our stuff!"

RavenKingXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By RavenKingXXX

@doc-holiday: ok you got me there. Personally I have found many of the stories from marvel recently a bit dull. I just finished reading the first 15 issues of the avengers initiative, and I was shocked and suprised at every twist, because it was that good. Now things just seem a bit dull. Meanwhile DC seems to just be throwing ideas at the wall to see what sticks(I'm looking at you werewolf green arrow.)

Doc-Holiday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@doc-holiday: ok you got me there. Personally I have found many of the stories from marvel recently a bit dull. I just finished reading the first 15 issues of the avengers initiative, and I was shocked and suprised at every twist, because it was that good. Now things just seem a bit dull. Meanwhile DC seems to just be throwing ideas at the wall to see what sticks(I'm looking at you werewolf green arrow.)

You're not wrong about DC, they pandered too but then didn't much carry it through aside from a couple of characters. DC seems to take the approach of getting a lot of attention and then not maintaining it well.

Marvel on the other hand prefers to get your attention with something new and flashy and then keep you trapped like a free breakfast at a timeshare sales conference. You want to leave but they just wont let you.

I backed away from Marvel and DC (save for a few issues that catch my eye) and have mostly been reading Valiant, Image and the new series Empress from Millar.

If you want a good super hero series, read Invincible.