Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

NOVA #1

No Caption Provided

(W) Jeff Loveness, Ramon K. Perez (A/CA) Ramon K. Perez

CLASSIFIED IS BACK!

CLASSIFIED makes his roaring return to the Marvel Universe! How will Sam Alexander cope with this unfathomable homecoming? It's the return you've all been waiting for. Or is something...else? Strap in True Believer, you've never seen a NOVA book like this before!

Rated T

OCT160811 In Shops: Dec 07, 2016 SRP: $3.99

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

He should step down, give his nova power to Richard and consider himself lucky

scavengerFist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Art on Sam's side is a little bit off.... but man I can't wait for Richaard Rider! <3

phantom64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

# Givebackthehelmet huh?

Seriously there's 2 caps, 2 Spider-Men, 2 Marvels (kind of), and 2 Thors. Ignoring the odd doubles all over the place, there's no need to **** on Sam. Just be glad Richard is back.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@phantom64: I know all these PR stunt gimmick "legacy" heroes only serve to shit on the originals. Congrats.

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 114

I feel the same way, like when Final Crisis came out and Barry came back.

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By waezi2

@nerevarine_11: Being a Nova is different. After all, the Nova Corps used to be Marvel's Green Lanterns.

... only they got destroyed a basillion times:P

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@waezi2: Actually Nova Corps Were destroyed during the Annihilation and never came back. Unless you count short-lived one created by Rich himself, with limited Numbers.

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@waezi2: Actually Nova Corps Were destroyed during the Annihilation and never came back. Unless you count short-lived one created by Rich himself, with limited Numbers.

I know. That was the fourth time they got destroyed.

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@waezi2: Really? LMAO. I did not know that. I am not really knowledgable on Nova Corp's activities Pre-Annihilation.

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@waezi2: Really? LMAO. I did not know that. I am not really knowledgable on Nova Corp's activities Pre-Annihilation.

Yeah, the Nova Corps has this terrible habit of being annihilated. It was destroyed when Rich became a Nova, then Rich gave up his nova force to restore it. Then it got destroyed again, but Rich had a tiny piece of the nova force left, so he became Nova once more and eventually helped rebuild it a second time... and then it was destroyed again...

Then it was rebuild off screen... and was destroyed in Annihilation.

Nova Corps... WTF?!

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Green_Tea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sam should sacrifice himself.

Green_Tea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

btw the idea that Sam was actually an Avenger when he was still in high school was one of the dumbest ideas ever.

Avatar image for superior_prime_maybe
superior_prime_maybe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not sure about the designs. Sam looks a lot younger.

RavenKingXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@solid_snake97: it was dumber to put miles morales and ms marvel on the avengers, Sam at least would be bringing something to the team. But yeah still dumb for Sam to be an avenger

jayskee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By jayskee

Kill Sam and give Richard his own book

ObiWanKevobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow. There is a lot of hostility towards Sam. I've come around to Sam, and I'm extremely happy Rich is back. Let's see where this goes first before we get so twisted and angry.

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow. There is a lot of hostility towards Sam. I've come around to Sam, and I'm extremely happy Rich is back. Let's see where this goes first before we get so twisted and angry.

Indeed. And as I stated before, enough Novas has died as it is.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow wow wait a second how did rich get out of the cancerverse ?

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was going to get this, but I don't want to spend to much money trying to save so I'll pass sadly.

Saint_Talker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@phantom64: exactly! Don't forget about all the time displaced X-men walking around...

Cagnazzo82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The animosity is mostly towards Marvel turning every last superhero into a mantle-piece to be passed on like glorified cosplay.

Do it enough times and you'll eventually start building up a backlash.

shinobi62676

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nerevarine_11 said:

# Givebackthehelmet huh?

Seriously there's 2 caps, 2 Spider-Men, 2 Marvels (kind of), and 2 Thors. Ignoring the odd doubles all over the place, there's no need to **** on Sam. Just be glad Richard is back.

I don't agree about the 2 Marvels and 2 Thors thing because at least they have different official taglines: Ms., Captain, Lady Thor, Odinson (even though I still don't like Thor's name being a job title, at least it makes sense). Also, Sam and Rich at least make since because Nova is the same thing like GL, it's a job title so there is no problem there (although at this point they might as well just bring back the Nova Corps cause now it's like if only Hal and Simon were the only GL and they had to share a book, weird).

Although as far as everyone else is concerned, I'm really fucking annoyed. They need to either form a team of characters using the name (i.e. Captain America Corps, the Hawkeyes etc.) or just go back to one superhero name per character (i.e. Clint is Ronin and Kate is Hawkeye). Especially Spider-Man because at least with Cap and Hawkeye there are no secret identities but with Spider-Man how do common people identify the different heroes? Call one of them "Black Spider-Man" cause of his outfit? Yeah, real appropriate there Marvel.

SlimeBeherit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shinobi62676: Lady Thor isn't her official name.

The thing is Marvel wants to keep the names for marketing reasons. More people are willing to pick up a Thor book than a Valkyrie book. On top of that they get to put a lesser known character in the main spotlight. It's a way of saying this character is important.

Not all mantles have been dealt with equally. I thought Totally Awesome Hulk, Sam Wilson, Hawkeye, Spider-Man, and Ms. Marvel are examples of the mantle being passed to someone that made sense. In other instances, we have characters that just popped out of nowhere, like Riri Williams, Nadia Pym, and The new Quasar, and while it doesn't really bother me, I do wish it could have been done a little more organically, particularly with Riri. That said, I see it as a higher burden to prove that this character should exist, than a reason to rally for them to fail.

The one thing I would say is should give these new characters, new adjectives to go along with them, in order to distinguish themselves from the former hero. That's why I like how Totally Awesome Hulk did it, cause we all know who the Incredible Hulk is. I guess Miles is "Spider-Man" and Peter is "Amazing Spider-Man" but I doubt it has ever been said in universe. Maybe at some point Miles should call himself the Ultimate Spider-Man.

Still as long as Ms. Marvel, Captain America, or Thor , don't get replaced every year, I don't see why mantles are such a bad thing.

apg103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dick Rider is back!

coffeeprince29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I missed you too

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#27  Edited By Teerack

I missed Rider, but no one should be upset about Sam... I mean Novas were a corps... there SHOULD be more then one... -_-

Alak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Incredibly pumped for Rider's return! I wonder if he'll still be operating at Nova Prime levels or if he'll be around Sam's power level.

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By waezi2

@teerack said:

I missed Rider, but no one should be upset about Sam... I mean Novas were a corps... there SHOULD be more then one... -_-

indeed

nikko72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#30  Edited By nikko72

Rider had his chance. The only reason he got a second chance is because Alexander. His book was right in the money. His Helmet was more of Motorcycles helmet which made it cooler. Riders helmet was fold up like a ski mask, which looked silly. Alexander book was cool and a treasure to own.

jowawill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack: Preach. If anything there should be a few more popping up.

Maddpanda531

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shinobi62676:

The one thing I would say is should give these new characters, new adjectives to go along with them, in order to distinguish themselves from the former hero. That's why I like how Totally Awesome Hulk did it, cause we all know who the Incredible Hulk is. I guess Miles is "Spider-Man" and Peter is "Amazing Spider-Man" but I doubt it has ever been said in universe. Maybe at some point Miles should call himself the Ultimate Spider-Man.

Really wish they stuck with the "Ultimate Spider-Man" title. Sure, it's not in the Ultimate Universe anymore, but it's a better title than just "Spider-Man" and better differentiates Miles' title from Peter's.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d9ffabf0f29f
deactivated-5d9ffabf0f29f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fingers crossed for a Nova Book.

Zackboom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Zackboom

do not make richard rider evil

Avatar image for deactivated-1351355
deactivated-1351355

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Loved the cover.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@solid_snake97: it was dumber to put miles morales and ms marvel on the avengers, Sam at least would be bringing something to the team. But yeah still dumb for Sam to be an avenger

what do you mean! Venom Sting beats nova force 10/10

:P /s

BlueJay2324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slimebeherit said:

@shinobi62676:

Really wish they stuck with the "Ultimate Spider-Man" title. Sure, it's not in the Ultimate Universe anymore, but it's a better title than just "Spider-Man" and better differentiates Miles' title from Peter's.

Just to go along with the "Ultimate Spider-Man" title, we currently have a book called "Ultimates" after years of that being the designation for the ultimate universe's (Earth-1610) Avengers team. I think that if that book can exist without people being too confused Miles can keep the "Ultimate Spider-Man title.

Back to this preview, I might give it a shot. I did enjoy Rider when I took a small step into Marvel cosmic books a while ago, but I never really was too interested in his character. I like that Ramon Perez looks to be taking some liberties with are and making it look a lot more fun than it otherwise could look. That first panel of Sam running looks like it could have been drawing inspiration from Skottie Young, and I'm not upset by that.

BlueJay2324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zackboom said:

do not make richard rider evil

Here's to hoping for a buddy cop book.

spiderbuck1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

agreed. Sam has grown on me.

Roxis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Richard return is a med for me with how fcked up marvel today.

Really good news, Sam could be Robin for Nova it's time for new fans to see the #1 true badass cosmic hero.

It's funny to note there is a deja vu in timing for Richard return, long ago in civil war 1 Richard returned to earth after long time only to discovered earth was very fcked up thus made Richard prefer space over earth and now Richard return rightly at civil war 2 when everything literally more fcked up than at civil war 1, i am interested to see Richard response for current earth situation he probably will choose space again over earth.

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maddpanda531 said:
@slimebeherit said:

@shinobi62676:

Maybe at some point Miles should call himself the Ultimate Spider-Man.

I think that if that book can exist without people being too confused Miles can keep the "Ultimate Spider-Man title.

I simply call him Black Spider-Man, because, you know, black suit)

shinobi62676

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rubear said:
@bluejay2324 said:
@maddpanda531 said:
@slimebeherit said:

@shinobi62676:

Maybe at some point Miles should call himself the Ultimate Spider-Man.

I think that if that book can exist without people being too confused Miles can keep the "Ultimate Spider-Man title.

I simply call him Black Spider-Man, because, you know, black suit)

Hey people, long time no post (for real), I really lost my desire to hang around this site after Tony left and the news story posts became, well, less than substantial, but in a weird way conversations like this never left my mind. I don't know why but I feel I still need to come full circle with some things.

So for this article we were broadly talking abut the weird naming shtick in these books. @slimebeherit you were right they don't call her Lady Thor in the books, not entirely sure what I was thinking when I wrote that, maybe it was because I felt fans (both lovers and haters) were using that designation so much it was okay? I don't know. Regardless I do get marketing wise why they went through with it. But yeah at the end of the day I was never under the idea of all the mantle passing as bad (even when it was sloppy) and I think we can both agree on the need to better differentiate with mantles even if it's just through adjectives.

Then again with you and @maddpanda531 and @bluejay2324 suggesting calling Miles "Ultimate Spider-Man", maybe not the best option, like that sounds like if Dick Grayson decided to become Batman again while Bruce is still Batman and so Dick is called "Better Batman" or something. Like there is a difference between calling the the 616 Ultimates "The Ultimates" and calling them "The Ultimate Avengers" nah mean? Regardless there's a new animated project and they're calling the Gwen Stacy Spider-Woman "Ghost-Spider" instead so hre's hoping that at least sets a better precedent going forward.

As for @rubear ... LOL

I don't know if any of you guys will ever see this and me doing writing this considering how much time has passed is super weird in general, but as I said before, there's some stuff I feel I need to come full circle with, thank you.

Maddpanda531

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shinobi62676: Man, I wish this site hadn't died the way it did. I miss talking about stuff like this on here

shinobi62676

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers