Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff
No Caption Provided

MIGHTY THOR #7

(W) Jason Aaron (A) Rafa Garres (CA) Russell Dauterman

You wouldn't like this Viking when he's angry...

Rated T+

Item Code: MAR160774In Shops: 5/25/2016SRP: $3.99

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

phillip33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By phillip33

Though I'm not a fan of thordis, I thought the last issue was cool with the flashbacks of Lord's story

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What the hell is going on

RabumAlal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Series starting to pick up a little, though I wonder what's happening with Loki.

Avatar image for heirtothekingdom
HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm getting some Hulk vibes from this enchanced Viking. Strongest Viking there is? What you tryna say Jason Aaron? Hmmm....

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Like those runes on the cover

jayskee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Is this book any good?

Goellterator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The last issue was a good issue. Of course it was, because femithor never appeared.

Thunderscream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Really wish they would stick to a single artist. The first few pages are a bit muddy for my taste, although part of me is intrigued by the loose style...but I'm definitely more inclined to pick up a book that looks like that last page with the dragon throughout.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Waiting for Jane to die

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice

Avatar image for deactivated-613e82c4b95f9
deactivated-613e82c4b95f9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

I'm getting some Hulk vibes from this enchanced Viking. Strongest Viking there is? What you tryna say Jason Aaron? Hmmm....

Wouldn't be surprised. It's not the first jab Aaron has taken against Hulk.

Avatar image for heirtothekingdom
HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theacidskull: Agreed. I think this may be a jab at him saying the Hulk is stronger than Thor.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@heirtothekingdom said:

Ah yes, that comparison made between Dario Agger's Minotaur form and Hulk and what happened next rustled the jimmies of many a Hulk fanboy that day.

Avatar image for atheistknowledge
AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:
@theacidskull said:
@heirtothekingdom said:

Ah yes, that comparison made between Dario Agger's Minotaur form and Hulk and what happened next rustled the jimmies of many a Hulk fanboy that day.

The whole Thor corps in SW was him taking a jab at Hulk in literally every issue, honestly i am kinda impressed. His taken his obsession/hate for the Hulk to the levels i'd expect to see from a random troll on comicvine.

GreenScar1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

@lvenger said:
@theacidskull said:
@heirtothekingdom said:

The whole Thor corps in SW was him taking a jab at Hulk in literally every issue, honestly i am kinda impressed. His taken his obsession/hate for the Hulk to the levels i'd expect to see from a random troll on comicvine.

Yep, Jason Aaron is a complete a-hole and douche bag. It's hard to believe that this is a guy who's won an award recently for writing. Makes one wonder if there isn't some wrong with those who give out the awards.

Avatar image for theincrediblesuperhulk8642
TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@atheistknowledge said:
@lvenger said:
@theacidskull said:
@heirtothekingdom said:

Yep, Jason Aaron is a complete a-hole and douche bag. It's hard to believe that this is a guy who's won an award recently for writing. Makes one wonder if there isn't some wrong with those who give out the awards.

I think you guys are taking it out of context. He's just playing to the Thor vs Hulk rivalry. Even throughout Thors. He clearly prefers Thor sure and puts him above Hulk but does that really matter? Pak did the same for Hulk putting him over everyone else.

Also Jason Aaron is one of the best writers in the buisness. Just because his Hulk run sucked and people dislike Thordis doesn't mean he is bad. His Wolverine run is arguably the best run on the character, He did fantastic work with Punisher and Ghost Rider, He did a solid X-Men run and his Dr. Strange phenomenal. Scalped and Southern Bastards are both amazing creator owned titles as well. So for the most part yeah he deserves the award.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@greenscar1990 said:
@atheistknowledge said:
@lvenger said:
@theacidskull said:
@heirtothekingdom said:

I think you guys are taking it out of context. He's just playing to the Thor vs Hulk rivalry. Even throughout Thors. He clearly prefers Thor sure and puts him above Hulk but does that really matter? Pak did the same for Hulk putting him over everyone else.

Also Jason Aaron is one of the best writers in the buisness. Just because his Hulk run sucked and people dislike Thordis doesn't mean he is bad. His Wolverine run is arguably the best run on the character, He did fantastic work with Punisher and Ghost Rider, He did a solid X-Men run and his Dr. Strange phenomenal. Scalped and Southern Bastards are both amazing creator owned titles as well. So for the most part yeah he deserves the award.

I didn't like his Punisher run as I thought it betrayed what made Garth Ennis' Punisher MAX run so great. Also, he's a terrible Hulk writer but not an overall bad one, I just pointed out that he clearly dislikes Hulk and takes jabs against the character, which I don't really care or mind, it was just merely an acknowledgement.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sophia89 said:
@theincrediblesuperhulk8642 said:
@greenscar1990 said:
@atheistknowledge said:
@lvenger said:
@theacidskull said:
@heirtothekingdom said:

Original Sin was one of the worst events Marvel had in the past 10 years.

Yeah I can't disagree with that, and not just because it led to the Thordis controversy. What Aaron did to the original Nick Fury was pure horse manure, a disservice of sidelining the original so the new black Fury could stay in canon.

Avatar image for youmessinwithme
youmessinwithme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:
@theacidskull said:
@heirtothekingdom said:

Was it really that bad?? what did they do in secret wars??

poeticwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The art makes me want to puke, as much as I like Mighty Thor, I'm not gonna pick this up, Thor didn't even appear in the last 2 books.

Heatblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

What the hell was that first artstyle?

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The art makes me want to puke, as much as I like Mighty Thor, I'm not gonna pick this up, Thor didn't even appear in the last 2 books.

Well he gets a good feat in this issue if that helps. Though the art is absolutely terrible, you can barely make out what's going on sometimes.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theacidskull: His Punisher run was meant to be different than Ennis run. It was intended to be it's own thing.

My comment wasn't mostly directed at you. I just quoted whatever was in that convo. You weren't the one I was addressing when I was countering him being a bad writer. I agree that he's a terrible Hulk writer.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: @sophia89: If were talking miniseries Ultimate Cap, Thanks Rising, Weird World and secret invasion black panther were all great as well.

But yes Original Sin was poor. But it wasn't even his event to begin with. It was originally intended for Brubaker who came up with the story originally.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theacidskull: His Punisher run was meant to be different than Ennis run. It was intended to be it's own thing.

My comment wasn't mostly directed at you. I just quoted whatever was in that convo. You weren't the one I was addressing when I was countering him being a bad writer. I agree that he's a terrible Hulk writer.

Wasn't it a continuation? The only reason I dislike is because I think it went against what Ennis established. if it's a separate thing, then that changes things...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theacidskull: I believe it wasnt a continuation. It just followed the same concept and idea of Punisher alone and in real time.

I'll double check to make sure man. If I'm wrong then never mind lol.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theacidskull: I believe it wasnt a continuation. It just followed the same concept and idea of Punisher alone and in real time.

I'll double check to make sure man. If I'm wrong then never mind lol.

Hey, I think Aaron's run works perfectly fine independent of Ennis.

AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@greenscar1990 said:
@atheistknowledge said:
@lvenger said:
@theacidskull said:
@heirtothekingdom said:

That is false, he is not playing to the Hulk and Thor rivalry. There is no rivalry in his mind, he is just trying to please the Thor fans he angered with the whole Thordis nonsense. It does not matter in the slightest if he sees Thor over Hulk or if Greg Pak sees Hulk over Thor, every writer has their own preferences and i respect that. It's the complete lack of respect for BOTH characters and spitting on any idea of a rivalry, that forces me to comment on this. When someone makes a villain, then has Thor state he has the strength of Hulk, then proceeds to one-shot said villain with his bare fists you have pissed away all and any sense of rivalry. If Pak did the same i would be saying the exact same thing as well. I still think it's ridiculous that Pak thought he could write Odin Force Thor vs WWH in his original script, that's pure nonsense. I am not playing the favoritism game here, i already have enough problems with the crap Pak is delivering with Hulk nowadays.

Good for him, being a good or even great writer does not absolve him of all and any criticism or wrongdoing. People forget that Loeb was also known as a fantastic writer that won many awards yet he is the laughing stock of comicvine ever since his ridiculous writing with Rulk, the same with Frank Miller who turned out some of the best work i have ever seen in comics, yet in his later years he has turned out some objectively horrible comics.

So my point is, Jason Aaron trophies and medals of honor that he won over the years aside, the guy is just as biased when it comes to Hulk/Thor as an average comicvine fanboy, this is all i am saying, no need to blow it up into something more. My real issue with him is the way he spat into faces of Thor fans when he agreed to pander to the gender swapping nonsense.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

Good grief the flashback part looks like it was drawn with crayons.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@greenscar1990 said:
@atheistknowledge said:
@lvenger said:
@theacidskull said:
@heirtothekingdom said:

That is false, he is not playing to the Hulk and Thor rivalry. There is no rivalry in his mind, he is just trying to please the Thor fans he angered with the whole Thordis nonsense. It does not matter in the slightest if he sees Thor over Hulk or if Greg Pak sees Hulk over Thor, every writer has their own preferences and i respect that. It's the complete lack of respect for BOTH characters and spitting on any idea of a rivalry, that forces me to comment on this. When someone makes a villain, then has Thor state he has the strength of Hulk, then proceeds to one-shot said villain with his bare fists you have pissed away all and any sense of rivalry. If Pak did the same i would be saying the exact same thing as well. I still think it's ridiculous that Pak thought he could write Odin Force Thor vs WWH in his original script, that's pure nonsense. I am not playing the favoritism game here, i already have enough problems with the crap Pak is delivering with Hulk nowadays.

Good for him, being a good or even great writer does not absolve him of all and any criticism or wrongdoing. People forget that Loeb was also known as a fantastic writer that won many awards yet he is the laughing stock of comicvine ever since his ridiculous writing with Rulk, the same with Frank Miller who turned out some of the best work i have ever seen in comics, yet in his later years he has turned out some objectively horrible comics.

So my point is, Jason Aaron trophies and medals of honor that he won over the years aside, the guy is just as biased when it comes to Hulk/Thor as an average comicvine fanboy, this is all i am saying, no need to blow it up into something more. My real issue with him is the way he spat into faces of Thor fans when he agreed to pander to the gender swapping nonsense.

No that's not his intention. That's you projecting a viewpoint that has no foothold. He does not lack respect for Thor Odinson nor does he lack any for the Hulk. He clearly views them on different levels of power. It's like when writers portray Flash below Superman even though that is nowhere near the case. Doesn't mean he lacks respect for the character. He said and I quote "A beast with the strength of the Hulk". That doesn't mean he's as durable as the Hulk. Hulk has one shotted Thor before and to be honest Thor can one shot Hulk as well. It's not totally out of the ordinary. Just like Shazam can one shot Superman and vice versa. I feel like you are playing a bit of favoritism.

The difference being Loeb isn't just blamed for his Hulk run. His poor work on Wolverine, The Ultimates and Captain America (save for Cap White and Fallen Son) along with his Hulk are all the reasons why. Saying Aaron is a bad writer because of one run is ludicrous. Frank Miller has been trash for years now and he's portrayed racist and sexist ideologies often in his work. Accusing Aaron of being a bad writer is false since he clearly is not.

I'm not blowing this up into anything. I was providing an observation. The whole genderswapping thing is more Marvel as it's being done to nearly every character. I've discussed the whole Fem-Thor topic to death and don't care to elaborate more on it.

AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@atheistknowledge said:
@greenscar1990 said:
@atheistknowledge said:
@lvenger said:
@theacidskull said:
@heirtothekingdom said:

No that's not his intention. That's you projecting a viewpoint that has no foothold. He does not lack respect for Thor Odinson nor does he lack any for the Hulk. He clearly views them on different levels of power. It's like when writers portray Flash below Superman even though that is nowhere near the case. Doesn't mean he lacks respect for the character. He said and I quote "A beast with the strength of the Hulk". That doesn't mean he's as durable as the Hulk. Hulk has one shotted Thor before and to be honest Thor can one shot Hulk as well. It's not totally out of the ordinary. Just like Shazam can one shot Superman and vice versa. I feel like you are playing a bit of favoritism.

The difference being Loeb isn't just blamed for his Hulk run. His poor work on Wolverine, The Ultimates and Captain America (save for Cap White and Fallen Son) along with his Hulk are all the reasons why. Saying Aaron is a bad writer because of one run is ludicrous. Frank Miller has been trash for years now and he's portrayed racist and sexist ideologies often in his work. Accusing Aaron of being a bad writer is false since he clearly is not.

I'm not blowing this up into anything. I was providing an observation. The whole genderswapping thing is more Marvel as it's being done to nearly every character. I've discussed the whole Fem-Thor topic to death and don't care to elaborate more on it.

No that's your whiteknighting kicking in. He does lack the respect for the Thor fanbase. And he absolutely lacks respect for Hulk are you even kidding me with this? Flash and Superman have not been rivals in the same way Hulk and Thor have(not that i wouldn't say the writer is either disrespectful or lacks the appropriate knowledge on Flash if he actually wrote him below Superman) and again you are digging for excuses bringing up irrelevant comparisons with no substance. Nah he definitely made that comparison to drive a point, he did not have to list all the Hulks attributes "the beast the with the strength, durability, healing factor, purple pants of the Hulk". He made Thor specifically out the beast to be "Hulk level" only so that Thor himself would say "that means i can do this" and he one-shots the guy with his hands, yea right. Thor can't one-shot Hulk with his bare hands. What favoritism am i playing?

I know about his other runs i was obviously alluding to the Loebforce running joke of the comicvine, i guess that went over your head. I NEVER SAID AARON IS A BAD WRITER. Stop with your projection and bias for one moment and read what i said. I haven't read enough of Aaron to out him as either a good or a bad writer. I know i loved his previous Thor run, before the shenanigans with female Thor started where he objectively displayed some horrible writing and his run on Hulk was also really, really bad.

Yes of course it's all Marvel, Aaron is absolved of all and any guilt. He was forced against his will to write the female Thor comic...

If you are going to reply to me with nonsense like this, i suggest that you just don't in the future.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@atheistknowledge said:
@greenscar1990 said:
@atheistknowledge said:
@lvenger said:
@theacidskull said:
@heirtothekingdom said:

No that's your whiteknighting kicking in. He does lack the respect for the Thor fanbase. And he absolutely lacks respect for Hulk are you even kidding me with this? Flash and Superman have not been rivals in the same way Hulk and Thor have(not that i wouldn't say the writer is either disrespectful or lacks the appropriate knowledge on Flash if he actually wrote him below Superman) and again you are digging for excuses bringing up irrelevant comparisons with no substance. Nah he definitely made that comparison to drive a point, he did not have to list all the Hulks attributes "the beast the with the strength, durability, healing factor, purple pants of the Hulk". He made Thor specifically out the beast to be "Hulk level" only so that Thor himself would say "that means i can do this" and he one-shots the guy with his hands, yea right. Thor can't one-shot Hulk with his bare hands. What favoritism am i playing?

I know about his other runs i was obviously alluding to the Loebforce running joke of the comicvine, i guess that went over your head. I NEVER SAID AARON IS A BAD WRITER. Stop with your projection and bias for one moment and read what i said. I haven't read enough of Aaron to out him as either a good or a bad writer. I know i loved his previous Thor run, before the shenanigans with female Thor started where he objectively displayed some horrible writing and his run on Hulk was also really, really bad.

Yes of course it's all Marvel, Aaron is absolved of all and any guilt. He was forced against his will to write the female Thor comic...

If you are going to reply to me with nonsense like this, i suggest that you just don't in the future.

We'll disagree on the respect for the Thor fanbase. Yes they have. That's a false statement. Superman and Flash have been rivals for nearly as long as Hulk and Thor. The only difference being one is more of a physical rivalry. Irrelevant comparisons I think not. It's taking this situation putting it in another context and trying to make you see it differently. You completely missed the point he was driving with that comparison. You think it means that he's equal to Hulk but that wasn't the intention. Dario had just hit Thor and Thor was comparing his physical power to the Hulk. Which is what I stated above and you're just disregarding it. He could most likely do it with his bare hands on an unaware and gloating Hulk (like Dario) and like how Shazam managed to do it to Clark. Something he wouldn't be able to do if Supes payed attention. Favoritism for Hulk as a character. You're making it seem so bad and disrespectful just because he isn't hyping up the Hulk......Hulk is my favorite Marvel character and it doesn't bother me because I am clearly not interpereting this the same way you are.

I know you were but you were making it as if it was solely for his Hulk run. I never said you said Aaron was a bad writer. I was talking generally since many people are seemingly making this assumption in multiple threads I've seen lately based solely off his Hulk run. Yes because I'm projecting and being bias.....hmmmmm. His run on Thor: GOT was phenomenal (like you said) and his Thors miniseries was great. Mighty Thor has been pretty good actually if people just look past their immediate disdain for the direction it's a very well written book. Although I will agree the issue with Absorbing Man and his characterization of Odin were both poor.

That wasn't what I meant. I meant it in a way that Marvel most likely directed him into that direction. And since Marvel was completely behind Chulk I don't think it's far fetched to say that they were the driving force for Thordis.

Clearly we're are misunderstanding each other and I need to be more direct and clear with my sentences to which I apologize if I made it seem like I was directing an "attack" to you. I also did not intend to rile you up for which I also apologize if I did. We clearly have drastically different viewpoints on the subject.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Question so does this mean Loki created a Hulk before a Hulk was ever created???

AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@atheistknowledge said:
@atheistknowledge said:
@greenscar1990 said:
@atheistknowledge said:
@lvenger said:
@theacidskull said:
@heirtothekingdom said:

We'll disagree on the respect for the Thor fanbase. Yes they have. That's a false statement. Superman and Flash have been rivals for nearly as long as Hulk and Thor. The only difference being one is more of a physical rivalry. Irrelevant comparisons I think not. It's taking this situation putting it in another context and trying to make you see it differently. You completely missed the point he was driving with that comparison. You think it means that he's equal to Hulk but that wasn't the intention. Dario had just hit Thor and Thor was comparing his physical power to the Hulk. Which is what I stated above and you're just disregarding it. He could most likely do it with his bare hands on an unaware and gloating Hulk (like Dario) and like how Shazam managed to do it to Clark. Something he wouldn't be able to do if Supes payed attention. Favoritism for Hulk as a character. You're making it seem so bad and disrespectful just because he isn't hyping up the Hulk......Hulk is my favorite Marvel character and it doesn't bother me because I am clearly not interpereting this the same way you are.

I know you were but you were making it as if it was solely for his Hulk run. I never said you said Aaron was a bad writer. I was talking generally since many people are seemingly making this assumption in multiple threads I've seen lately based solely off his Hulk run. Yes because I'm projecting and being bias.....hmmmmm. His run on Thor: GOT was phenomenal (like you said) and his Thors miniseries was great. Mighty Thor has been pretty good actually if people just look past their immediate disdain for the direction it's a very well written book. Although I will agree the issue with Absorbing Man and his characterization of Odin were both poor.

That wasn't what I meant. I meant it in a way that Marvel most likely directed him into that direction. And since Marvel was completely behind Chulk I don't think it's far fetched to say that they were the driving force for Thordis.

Clearly we're are misunderstanding each other and I need to be more direct and clear with my sentences to which I apologize if I made it seem like I was directing an "attack" to you. I also did not intend to rile you up for which I also apologize if I did. We clearly have drastically different viewpoints on the subject.

What is a false statement? Again i repeat myself, Superman and Flash have not been rivals the same way Hulk and Thor have. You have not taken the situation or put it in another context you just mentioned 2 more characters with a different kind of rivalry that would still have the same effect if the writers disrespected said rivalry. I did not miss the point i think you have on the other hand. No he didn't mean he was equal to Hulk he wanted to say Thor was physically superior to Hulk. I know what happened and what Thor was stating i did not disregard anything, will stop spouting nonsense already? No he could not, are serious? Thor would absolutely have no chance of KOing Hulk with his bare hands... in their half a century of rivalry he could not even do it with Mljonir even if he charged it with power and now you are saying he could do it with his bare hands? You either must really know little of the characters or you really don't respect Hulk enough. It's not like Dario turned his back on Thor or forgot about him entirely, he was still starring him down and considering Thor is pretty slow for a powerhouse i doubt he caught him unaware and blitzed him, so yea if Hulk was in the same exact situation such a thing would not happen. Well yes i favor Hulk as a character, what does that have to do with anything i stated? I NEVER said he needed to hype up the Hulk, that's a strawman on your part. Yea i wary of people throwing the words "his my favorite character" on these forums lately, many times their words don't match their actions.

If you didn't, then stop repeating to me that he isn't a bad writer. You clearly have too much bias to look at this objectively to be honest. It's impossible for some people to look past the direction the book has taken because the book starts from nonsense to begin with. The whole whisper making Thor unworthy is a load of bull that makes no sense and has yet to be addressed, who knows how long will take for that. Nor does picking up the hammer automatically turn everyone into Thor(because it sure as hell didn't do it for Captain). His issue with Absorbing man was some of the biggest cringe i have ever read and his portrayal of Odin was even more disrespectful then the jabs he is taking at Hulk. His female Thor series is bad because it does nothing new and nothing different that the male Thor could have done. Jane has no character, she talks like an Asgardian for no reason, everything she is doing is nothing unique to her and is everything Odinson could have done instead, she doesn't bring her own identity to the book whatsoever. She is just a person with a vagina and cancer that gets brought up every once and a while.

Again the writers have free will, they can decline it or voice their disdain or at least concerns about it. Aaron and Pak have embraced it with open arms, so don't put the fault just on Marvel or even mostly on them.

I understand you perfectly, i just don't share your viewpoint.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@atheistknowledge said:

What is a false statement? Again i repeat myself, Superman and Flash have not been rivals the same way Hulk and Thor have. You have not taken the situation or put it in another context you just mentioned 2 more characters with a different kind of rivalry that would still have the same effect if the writers disrespected said rivalry. I did not miss the point i think you have on the other hand. No he didn't mean he was equal to Hulk he wanted to say Thor was physically superior to Hulk. I know what happened and what Thor was stating i did not disregard anything, will stop spouting nonsense already? No he could not, are serious? Thor would absolutely have no chance of KOing Hulk with his bare hands... in their half a century of rivalry he could not even do it with Mljonir even if he charged it with power and now you are saying he could do it with his bare hands? You either must really know little of the characters or you really don't respect Hulk enough. It's not like Dario turned his back on Thor or forgot about him entirely, he was still starring him down and considering Thor is pretty slow for a powerhouse i doubt he caught him unaware and blitzed him, so yea if Hulk was in the same exact situation such a thing would not happen. Well yes i favor Hulk as a character, what does that have to do with anything i stated? I NEVER said he needed to hype up the Hulk, that's a strawman on your part. Yea i wary of people throwing the words "his my favorite character" on these forums lately, many times their words don't match their actions.

If you didn't, then stop repeating to me that he isn't a bad writer. You clearly have too much bias to look at this objectively to be honest. It's impossible for some people to look past the direction the book has taken because the book starts from nonsense to begin with. The whole whisper making Thor unworthy is a load of bull that makes no sense and has yet to be addressed, who knows how long will take for that. Nor does picking up the hammer automatically turn everyone into Thor(because it sure as hell didn't do it for Captain). His issue with Absorbing man was some of the biggest cringe i have ever read and his portrayal of Odin was even more disrespectful then the jabs he is taking at Hulk. His female Thor series is bad because it does nothing new and nothing different that the male Thor could have done. Jane has no character, she talks like an Asgardian for no reason, everything she is doing is nothing unique to her and is everything Odinson could have done instead, she doesn't bring her own identity to the book whatsoever. She is just a person with a vagina and cancer that gets brought up every once and a while.

Again the writers have free will, they can decline it or voice their disdain or at least concerns about it. Aaron and Pak have embraced it with open arms, so don't put the fault just on Marvel or even mostly on them.

I understand you perfectly, i just don't share your viewpoint.

misunderstood you on your point of Hulk vs Thor and Superman vs Flash. You were correct. What? Not taken the situation and put it intoa rivalry that is different....really? Are we just going to ignore me bringing up Shazam and Superman who have the exact same rivalry that Hulk and Thor do? But that wasn't what he was trying to say. That's you projecting onto the intention of that sentence. He was merely stating that Dario was as strong as the Hulk. The intention was making us see that this opponent would be a large physical threat. Is it any less disrespectful than when Waid used a weapon labelled Thor level during his Indestructible Hulk run and Hulk was tanking it like nothing. What I meant was that it isn't implausible for Thor to be able to do it. Thor is an incredibly strong character who can hit incredibly hard. Dario was gloating and was clearly not expecting Thor to nail him as hard as he did. It's plausible he could do it in that context that was my point. Just like Hulk catching Thor unawares in Avengers Assemble #4. That would not happen in a regular fight. It has nothing to do with respecting the Hulk enough. It's looking at it from an objective view point. Hulk can one shot Thor and vice versa. Ok.....You are clearly upset because he's putting the Hulk on a level you disagree with...."hyping" up was the wrong term to use. I meant putting him at a level you want him to be at. Wether you disagree with me that he's a personal favorite of mine or not doesn't matter.

YOU DIRECTED THE CONVERSATION OF WRITERS TO ME. It was clearly positioned for Greenscar who was clearly alluding to the fact that he's a bad writer. You came in and brought up Loeb....which is why we continued the discussion of that. I'm not the one with bias. I'm the one looking at it objectively. Of course Thor being unworthy is absolutely ludicrous and of course it pisses us all off but disregarding that. Looking at the actual series. The great sub plot and build up of the war of the ten realms, the way he's using Malekieth, Loki and Dario as great and fanastic villains with striking artwork and barring Odin solid characterization. But none of the series based off of another version of the character didn't need to be done with a new character. Cho Hulk could just be about Banner as could Sam Cap could just have been steve, All new Wolvie could have just been Logan and Spider-Man could just be peter as a teenager and not Miles.....sure Miles and Sam and Laura have actually developed as characters and Cho has regressed whereas Jane has just been stuck in a rut it doesn't change that none of the series I mentioned needed a different version of the character. But the whole point of her being Thor out of nowhere......I can't say it's a point that isn't just because they do need to address it and it doesn't make sense but it sort of does.....Her talking asgardian yes doesn't make sense but her being called Thor is due to her wielding the hammer and Thor Odinson giving her the name similar to Sam being given the name of Cap by Steve.

I know it isn't just Marvel's fault. But they were the driving force that was all I wanted to bring up.

Ok. I feel like we're getting heated over this and it's gonna go another way.....I really respect you as a viner when you're debating (right behind Ghost and Skull in best Hulk debater) and you were incredibly helpful with providing info on the Sakaar feat for Hulk in that one thread a few months ago. We have differing interperatations and viewpoints and I really don't want to derail this Preview thread anymore.

Thorite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm going to back most of the comments by atheistknowledge. Having said that, if Hulk fans are actually offended by Aaron's "strength of the Hulk + TKO",...well that's strange to me. If it actually was the Hulk getting one-shot TKO'd then of course that would be BS. But 'strength of the Hulk' statement isn't the same level of disrespect. For example, even back when Thor was a god (which he hasn't been for 25-years IMO) there would always be comparisons to Thor's strength/power in order to quickly establish the villain as a legitimate threat. This is no different.

Not to give Aaron too much of an out (because I despise what he's done to Thor), but Hulk does have variable strength so you could argue that old-school God-Thor could TKO an non-raged out Hulk. Sure, it's never happened and likely never will,...but it could be within the realm of possibility. God-Thor one-shotted Abomination with bare fist back when Abomination was still giving Hulk a very tough time. Same thing for Namor back when Namor=Ben Grimm and Ben gave Hulk a tough time. Then there's Thor breaking Hulks neck in What IF. You have to go pretty far back in comics, but for Thor with 50+ years of experience/memory against the Hulk it's a non-zero possibility; no disrespect intended.

But really, there's no rivalry left between the two anymore anyway. Hulk's the strongest one there is and the Asgardian's are 'advanced aliens' with clubs. Magic's a technology rather than an innate force or type of spiritual enlightenment. Extending this "thought-process" Odin's no longer the all-powerful (innate) all-wise (enlightened) ruler of the Asgardians, but only some technology hoarding technocrat who's used his greater tech knowledge to turn himself into a king (puts Tony Stark's billionaire, playboy, philanthropist status to shame) lording over all of the other dim-witted, club-wielding brutes that we now call advanced aliens/Asgardians. Loki's the only other one who 'gets' technology and so is driven out of Asgard because he's a threat to Odin since technology, by it's nature, is reproducible.

Wow, I'm getting way off-topic here but what the hell is Marvel thinking? Marvel doesn't sell science fiction stories,...it sells fantasy stories but it's taken out almost all of the fantasy out of Journey into Mystery. Toss in a focus on women buyer's/feminist agenda and of course all that's left of Thor is to replace Fabio in the romance novels section:

http://images.huffingtonpost.com/2015-04-27-1430154196-982119-fabio3.jpg

@TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642: I've decided to start lying, cheating and being generally unworthy. Whenever I do something bad I'll just use my family name because all vikings and feudal systems know that the honor of my family name means nothing. But when I decide to do something good, I'll use my own first name so that my first name will always be pure and mean something noble and important.

In other words, I see that the concept of a first name still escapes some people.