Preview: IVX #1

• 75 results
RybackStun93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I find it hilarious how many people have their PoVs skewed by their own bias and fanboi love of the X-Men.

The Inhumans aren't villains and they certainly aren't unsympathetic to the Mutant Cause. Medusa sent Crystal's team out ahead of the clouds to clear the areas of civilians who didn't want to be changed by the mists, and when it was found out that the cloud caused the M-Pox they immediately amended their plans to remove Mutants from the areas ahead of the cloud to SAVE them.

The only true villain here is Emma as she single-handedly declared war on the Inhumans for "reasons".

I understand people are upset about the Mutant Mandate and not happy with Inhumans being pushed as the new big group but don't use that issue to start causing issues elsewhere and misrepresenting the issues actually being written in these books.

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

Okay, I place my bets. I bet my last Marvel comic abo on a double K.O. in the first issue. From issue one onward this is gonna be a disservice to both sides, there you have my bet.

CobraCommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By CobraCommander

At least we know that the cloud of poison will be gone after this.

The Inhuman Royals leaving Earth is also a plus.

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mark_stephen:I really have a hard time seeing the Inhumans as heroes.

I have a hard time seeing anyone in the mu has a hero these days.

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Mark_Stephen

@rybackstun93 said:

I find it hilarious how many people have their PoVs skewed by their own bias and fanboi love of the X-Men.

The Inhumans aren't villains and they certainly aren't unsympathetic to the Mutant Cause. Medusa sent Crystal's team out ahead of the clouds to clear the areas of civilians who didn't want to be changed by the mists, and when it was found out that the cloud caused the M-Pox they immediately amended their plans to remove Mutants from the areas ahead of the cloud to SAVE them.

The only true villain here is Emma as she single-handedly declared war on the Inhumans for "reasons".

I understand people are upset about the Mutant Mandate and not happy with Inhumans being pushed as the new big group but don't use that issue to start causing issues elsewhere and misrepresenting the issues actually being written in these books.

I don't really care who wins one way or the other, we've seen how temporary such things are and even deaths are pretty laughable. That being said there is a mist that can kill or sicken people, can Medusa guarantee that everyone who will negatively be affected will be cleared out in time? Also if she is clearing out some mutants who are hiding the nature of their existence so SHIELD and the other US government agencies won't go after them isn't she exposing them to further harm? Once they've been cleared out they've been identified as mutants and when that happens bad things almost always happen to them.

I agree though that Emma has really started something here, but anyone know why? Or is the character of Emma simply the victim of plot induced stupidity so that marvel can have a hero versus hero event again? Marvel loves nothing better than to set the fans at each others throats and they are very skillful at that.

Mutant God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Mutant God

Lady Shine? The Inhumans are trying to replace Dazzler! Damn them all to Limbo or Strong Guy's Realm

JamesSpiring

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@apg103 said:

Why does Emma Frost look like Magik here?

It's actually Magik who's been looking like Emma recently, because she grew out the bangs she's always had. Emma looks like herself here.

cresShadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"fridgid"? maybe you should wear actual clothes, emma.....

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

I can understand the Royal family going up against the x-men but when i look at that cover and imagine someone like inferno holding his own with Logan I cringe.

Spiderman13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#60  Edited By Spiderman13

Wait, don't the inhumans have enough recruits already why can't they just shut it down to create peace.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rybackstun93: Sir you are not wrong in your assessment. I would LOVE to put the blame on the Inhumans, but if you really take a step back and look at all the evidence that has transpired. Neither side is wrong or to blame. Yes, Emma Frost did in fact started all this madness, but at the same time it was going to happen anyway. I'm just saying your not wrong.

I agree though that Emma has really started something here, but anyone know why? Or is the character of Emma simply the victim of plot induced stupidity so that marvel can have a hero versus hero event again?

Yes this is PIS we as X-Fans know Emma's character, but we also know she isn't crazy and not irrational. But for the Plot's sake....she is Bat Shit Crazy. Emma has taken on this ruse that Black Bolt killed Scott in front of everyone when she fully knows that it never happened. So she starts a war as Revenge for *Fake Killing* Scott Summers. So you are right Mark_Stephen this is just plot stupidity so we can have Hero vs Hero again.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How many issues long is IVX???

jaybefre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Surprised they didn't have Gambit fighting against his doppelganger, Reader on the cover. Lol.

Mr Marvel82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@lionman Emma Frost already used her telepathy on them and got away with it. Her diamond form is her last resort (imo).

@RaunJisto Sure, bud? It's because of how uncanny X-Men are going down that makes me think IvX is in the past. I'm just a tad confused but if you say so, I'll go with it. This makes me more excited. It shows Emma Frost isn't dead in the present.

Sadly I think you're right Alex. I think Death of X, and IvX are both set prior to the Extraordinary Xmen/All New Xmen Vol 2 storylines. And Emma hasn't been mentioned once. IvX is showing how Magik became a part of Extraordinary's roster. (She says she feels like she's been lied to at the end of Death of X) But yeah, no mention of Emma nor the Cuckoos. Not even in any of the books launching with RessurXtion. I think they might be killed off in IvX.

alex101594

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Mr Marvel82 Sadly, I think so. They haven't been very clear tbh. It's more subtle. I hope they went into hiding and they're not dead.

NWOslave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

nothing will be permanent as far as a story. it will come to an anti-climactic conclusion and far from the mcu changing shattering event it is billed as

superkeaton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Time for more of this insanely stupid, morally one-sided conflict between an isolationist, hyper-religious, eugenics-based monarchy and the fucking X-Men.

Don't forget, if the Celestials show up to find their pet project genocided, they may just blow up the Earth.

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormphoenix: Nonesense. Cyclops died because of terrigen in air. Terrigen was in air because Black Bolt blew up damn bomb. So de facto Black Bolt involuntary killed with his bomb and his decision Cyclops and each and every mutant who died because of M-Pox. It his fault.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Mooty_Pass

@rubear: Black Bolt unleashed the bomb to save his people and to stop Thanos. The effects of the T-mist during that time was NOT harmful to Mutants. That was ALL before Secret Wars. Now that the Universe is created new the T-must is harmful to Mutants.

That's not his fault none of it is.

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rubear:

That's not his fault none of it is.

Yeaaaah, sure, and Hitler was just artist.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rubear: Well that's fine, but it's really not his fault. There is no possible way Black Bolt would have know that once the universe was destroyed it will change the chemical composition of the mist.

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Rubear

@stormphoenix: It is. Next to nobody in universe knows that it was destroyed at all. Neither you can say for fact that recreation of universe changed chemical composition of this mist and not just long-term exposure to whole atmosphere. It also doesn't matter if he knew it or not before detonating bomb. He did it. He made the choice and all blood is on his hands. Hell, from what we know that prophecy that made him think that releasing terrigen in atmosphere is good idea could be self-fillfulling one. He released terrigen in atmosphere. Mutants found out that it is deadly. They destroyed terrigen. Bumph! No more inhumans. Just humans with inhuman genes.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rubear said:

@stormphoenix: It is. Next to nobody in universe knows that it was destroyed at all. Neither you can say for fact that recreation of universe changed chemical composition of this mist and not just long-term exposure to whole atmosphere. It also doesn't matter if he knew it or not before detonating bomb. He did it. He made the choice and all blood is on his hands. Hell, from what we know that prophecy that made him think that releasing terrigen in atmosphere is good idea could be self-fillfulling one. He released terrigen in atmosphere. Mutants found out that it is deadly. They destroyed terrigen. Bumph! No more inhumans. Just humans with inhuman genes.

No it is not.

The T-mist was never deadly to mutants at all nobody got sick nobody died. He has no blood on his hands because since the release of the bomb nobody died. Your blaming him for something that he couldn't have known would happen. How was he supposed to know that when the world ends the T-mist would be deadly? How? He couldn't. The destruction of the Universe had to change the composition of this mist becasue nobody got sick before and none of the mutants paid it no attention. T-mist from the start was never deadly until now in this new Universe it is. Black Bolt has no blood on his hands he never killed anyone, but what IS his fault is him not being hands on same with Medusa neither one where hands on about this or showed concern.

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rubear said:

No it is not.

The T-mist was never deadly to mutants at all nobody got sick nobody died. He has no blood on his hands because since the release of the bomb nobody died. Your blaming him for something that he couldn't have known would happen. How was he supposed to know that when the world ends the T-mist would be deadly? How? He couldn't. The destruction of the Universe had to change the composition of this mist becasue nobody got sick before and none of the mutants paid it no attention. T-mist from the start was never deadly until now in this new Universe it is. Black Bolt has no blood on his hands he never killed anyone, but what IS his fault is him not being hands on same with Medusa neither one where hands on about this or showed concern.

Yes it is.
T-mist never was in atmosphere in such volume and for such huge period of time. I'm blaming him for direct results of his actions, while you're grasping at straws blaming all on end of universe - event that you and me know as sorta beyounders. Next to nobody in universe have any knowledge about it. They have no idea about what happened. So your explanation (pure advocate of devil theory) have value only if one have knowledge from outside of univese. From in-universe POV much more rational explanation is prolonged contact between T-Mists and atmoshere. And yes, he had blood on his hands, because he is one who poisoned atmoshere with terrigen and he is one who let this rolling gas chambers (well, together with Medusa) just drift across the planet killing people while doing nothing to stop it. Blood is on hands on inhumans and they're going to pay for it.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rubear: No it's not.

Your reaching for an excuse to blame him for something he had no knowledge of. It's not his fault the mist kills Mutants it never was. He didn't poison the atmosphere because it was never poisoned in the first place. It's only poisonous because the composition of it changed due to the Universe ending. Of Course nobody would know because almost everyone's memory was erased. What is his fault and Medusa is that he didn't do anything about it.