Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck
No Caption Provided

INVINCIBLE IRON MAN #10

(W) Brian Michael Bendis (A/CA) Mike Deodato

On the road to CIVIL WAR II!

• It is Tony against some of his closest and dearest friends as the portents of civil war rock Tony and his status quo to its very foundation. We can't tell you anything else without spoiling Civil War II, but you will NOT want to miss this emotional and explosive chapter.

Rated T+

Item Code: APR160907 In Shops: 6/1/2016 SRP: $3.99

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

TrueMarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I think they keep putting MJ on the cover to piss us Spidey fans off. I swear.

kivatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@truemarvel: did her and Tony get together? I'm not reading this book.

Avatar image for thatlyn_yoaeg_ill_rymmin
Thatlyn Yoaeg'ill'rymmin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kivatt: No, and it's quite the first thing that MJ have told to Tony "don't think about it!" :P But also Tony seem to have some serious relationship with a scientist [or at least, he is trying to do it]

Tony want MJ as executive assistant for his company [replacing Pepper Pots, but only in this way!]

Stellar421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The damn status quo is always being "rocked to its very foundation", only to remain the same. Shock value doesn't equate progress, Bendis.

DD208

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

Last panel looks like Luke Perry.

Ducey13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why is it pissing you off?

iro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

and spidey fans being pissed off by this is seriously starting to piss me off. or at least it's getting annoying. mj will potentially work for tony for a while. big whoop. they're not dating, it's an attempt to mix characters, create new relationship and interesting dynamics (same with putting doom in the IIM support cast) so that we can see some bit of fresh stuff and interactions. mj will obviously get back to the spider titles someday (probably soon, give or take a year) so maybe just let this play out without letting it bother you too much. letting characters go outside the box in which they where created can open up some new interesting doors and concepts for them, even for mj.

TheExile285

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By TheExile285

@truemarvel said:

Same and its ridiculously petty. Especially since this is another cover where IM isn't even present.

Btw, do you know what happened to Pepper?

GolDEnsPectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By GolDEnsPectre
AlphaZro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@iro said:
@truemarvel said:

and spidey fans being pissed off by this is seriously starting to piss me off. or at least it's getting annoying. mj will potentially work for tony for a while. big whoop. they're not dating, it's an attempt to mix characters, create new relationship and interesting dynamics (same with putting doom in the IIM support cast) so that we can see some bit of fresh stuff and interactions. mj will obviously get back to the spider titles someday (probably soon, give or take a year) so maybe just let this play out without letting it bother you too much. letting characters go outside the box in which they where created can open up some new interesting doors and concepts for them, even for mj.

@iro: Yeah like that one more day thing was supposed to blow over..

....oh wait it totally didn't.

JamesSpiring

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A Spider-Man mask? Pretty ironic considering current events in Peter's book.

iro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alphazro said:
@iro said:
@truemarvel said:

@iro: Yeah like that one more day thing was supposed to blow over..

well, fair point. and look, I get being upset about it, but if marvel is so adamant about mj no longer being part of peter's story, then I'd rather see her get to fan out and do something else with her life, rather than get stuck in some eternal angst loop, where she's just the girl that was once married to spider-man but now they're not and ~oh isn't that tragic?~ type of deal that comics love to do with their broken up iconic couples.

but again. I very much do get why people are upset. also, screw one more day.

CaptainHoopla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The first arc of this book wasn't too bad. Unfortunately, this arc not so much. I expect I'll be dropping this fairly soon. I think I probably put too much faith in Bendis. I'd hoped it would be better being a solo character book.

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Mark_Stephen

@truemarvel said:

They do seem to love anger and hate over at marvel.

Avatar image for deactivated-631c3102b31d4
deactivated-631c3102b31d4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mark_stephen: Brevoort straight up admitted it. Angry fans equals more sales.

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By micah007123

@thatlyn_yoaeg_ill_rymmin said:

@kivatt: No, and it's quite the first thing that MJ have told to Tony "don't think about it!" :P But also Tony seem to have some serious relationship with a scientist [or at least, he is trying to do it]

Tony want MJ as executive assistant for his company [replacing Pepper Pots, but only in this way!]

What has MJ been up to in this series? I stopped reading when the new arc started. Is she just sitting behind a desk lol?

Tony_Shark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Tony_Shark

@captainhoopla: Same. Bemdis is ttying to juggle to many things at once and it shows. It's hard to keep track of who is who and what even is happening.

Also the art doesn't help. I love Deodato but Marquez was more impressive. At least for this book and its tone.

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I wanna mug like that

Ultra_beleco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I actually loved the Mary jane cover.

Avatar image for artisticneedham
ArtisticNeedham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Tony here looks like Luke Perry

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for christianrapper
christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@iro said:
said:
said:

Yeah like that one more day thing was supposed to blow over..

well, fair point. and look, I get being upset about it, but if marvel is so adamant about mj no longer being part of peter's story, then I'd rather see her get to fan out and do something else with her life, rather than get stuck in some eternal angst loop, where she's just the girl that was once married to spider-man but now they're not and ~oh isn't that tragic?~ type of deal that comics love to do with their broken up iconic couples.

but again. I very much do get why people are upset. also, screw one more day.

what the heck is she supposed to do? this isn't an archie comic. if she isn't dealing with super powered people then she has no purpose in a comic. so you want to read an comic about mj acting or something? marvel is obviously going somewhere with this. do you want them to tell you their whole plan before they publish it? no one is doing anything to tick off spiderman fans.

amazingfantasy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captainhoopla: Same. Bemdis is ttying to juggle to many things at once and it shows. It's hard to keep track of who is who and what even is happening.

Also the art doesn't help. I love Deodato but Marquez was more impressive. At least for this book and its tone.

I agree completely with you both.
Well, considering Bendis' track record I guess we should just be glad that it's just a "meh" book, it could be much, much worse. :p

lygarx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If your read the Spiderman and Deadpool team up comic, you will see that after Deadpool killed Peter some demonic entity will appear and say that there is something missing inside of him that allowed him to be happy. I think we all know what he means. They have to take down Mephisto and steal back the fragments of their soul that was sold to him to save Aunt May. Probably not this month, but I think they need to do it.

westy206

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

just annoyed with the cover. Iron man standing over Hercules.