Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

INFAMOUS IRON MAN #4

No Caption Provided

(W) Brian Michael Bendis (A/CA) Alex Maleev

• It seems like old times as Victor Von Doom finds himself confronted by Benjamin J. Grimm. But with so much history between them, can Victor ever possibly convince him that times have changed?

• That Victor Von Doom is now REALLY Iron Man?

Rated T+

NOV160852 In Shops: Jan 25, 2017 SRP: $3.99

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Eto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Victor von Doom!

Wonder what'll happen to Ben Grimm.

Darkmount1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

......Am I the only one who sees Doom's resemblance to the late, great actor Michael Rennie?

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-598aab95b6c09
deactivated-598aab95b6c09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I have to say, I'm liking this new Von Doom. I think at a better writer's hands, we could've gotten a grander story Post-SW, but this ain't as bad as it seemed when it was announced. I like the more "human" moments of the book.

Eto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthkostis: I know right. It's even a Bendis book lel.

Then again, I won't be surprised if the book would go downhill after the first arc. Bendis magic

StellatedColt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ya know... this book ain't that bad. I approve...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eto: That's the most impressive thing, actually. Bendis seems to be genuinely trying for once. It's not the best book out there, but it's not the disaster people thought it'd be. If anything, it's slowly but steadily improving with each issue.

Mizerous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh Shield always trying to police the world.

RabumAlal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really hope we don't a get a typical complex and long but ultimately entirely unnecessary arc Bendis-style. I still have nightmares about his X-Men run.

BlueHope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't really like the idea of a F4 character being Iron Man.

MasterOfEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

...Maria Hill actually thinks she can arrest HIM??? The fact he was in the same room with her was a miracle!!!

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

I am SO IN LOVE with this book. Iron Doom, Iron Man Doom or Doom Man, whatever, IT IS AWESOME!

That matte Iron Man Armor 51 (Model Prime) with the cape and the hood is absolutely badass.

Joey Ravn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

lol, no.

The REAL Iron Man is Riri Williams, as it was always meant to be.

/s

harlequinreala

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damn, fired on the spot.

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm surprised Hill just didn't kill her. Still Victor has really come down hill, it sad to see him this way.

SABOTAGE2233

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Evidently some people do like Benis. He keeps getting massive runs on books. I love his stories. He's a few bad moments here and there, but everyone has a few flops. For the most he's awesome. They do need to stop giving him the larger minis like Cival War 2. that just sucked donkey deek. This tho, this is awesome. He does great things with Maleev. His DD was great, and Moon Knight was I thought was incredibly original and the well told story. He is the master of Dialgue, and I never minded that about Bendis. It's why Ult. S.M. worked so well, and why it made him so human so well.

kalorama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mizerous said:

Oh Shield always trying to police the world.

Well, that is basically their job.

Nice looking artwork from Maleev and, on a basic level, the idea of Doom trying to go straight now that he can literally show his face in the normal world is intriguing. But--speaking of blunt instruments--I don't have much faith in Bendis' ability to really leverage the premise into something as interesting as it could be.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

I'm surprised Hill just didn't kill her. Still Victor has really come down hill, it sad to see him this way.

You mistake her for Amanda Waller then :)

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mark_stephen said:

I don't really see a difference between the two of them.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber said:

I am SO IN LOVE with this book. Iron Doom, Iron Man Doom or Doom Man, whatever, IT IS AWESOME!

That matte Iron Man Armor 51 (Model Prime) with the cape and the hood is absolutely badass.

No Caption Provided

Yup. I really want some collectibles of it. A statue, a Marvel Select, a minimate, ANYTHING. It's too cool a design to let just go by without any figures or something.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

@ursaber said:

No Caption Provided

Yup. I really want some collectibles of it. A statue, a Marvel Select, a minimate, ANYTHING. It's too cool a design to let just go by without any figures or something.

There was a variant cover of the first issue where it looked like a toy box featuring the Infamous Iron Man action figure. However that is just variant cover art made to look like a collectible toy box.

Just you wait, they will make an action figure of this. What I love most from the story, is the similarities Doom has with Tony as they are both armor clad super geniuses with powerful organizations under their command (i.e. Stark Industries and Latveria).

Taking Iron Man's latest and coolest most powerful armor and putting Doctor Doom's hooded cape on it... ABSOLUTE GENIUS WITH MASSIVE PAYOFF!

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

El_tio_este

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't have anything to say about this, I just simply love this comic, but.........what's the deal with Doom's mother? Any clue of why she is suddenly around after so long time without hearing of her?

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eto said:

Wonder what'll happen to Ben Grimm.

Don't have anything to say about this, I just simply love this comic, but.........what's the deal with Doom's mother? Any clue of why she is suddenly around after so long time without hearing of her?

What is already happening with Ben Grimm. So what'll happen... i guess Doom saving his stone skin'll happen)

No Caption Provided
werst9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bendis does some things really good and others not so much. First arcs are generally really good. After that depends how much he cares. As far as I know he's writing 5 books right now (low for him) so hopefully he can keep the quality up on all of them and make miles as good as it used to be.(send him back to 1610 I don't care how or that it's "gone" spider Gwen's u is still there so there's no real reason he can't just think it's gone and is living with a alternate dimension version of his parents or some other bs.

Avatar image for spiderhyphenman
spiderhyphenman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4
deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was expecting Bendis memes lol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber said:
@darthkostis said:
@ursaber said:

No Caption Provided

There was a variant cover of the first issue where it looked like a toy box featuring the Infamous Iron Man action figure. However that is just variant cover art made to look like a collectible toy box.

Just you wait, they will make an action figure of this. What I love most from the story, is the similarities Doom has with Tony as they are both armor clad super geniuses with powerful organizations under their command (i.e. Stark Industries and Latveria).

Taking Iron Man's latest and coolest most powerful armor and putting Doctor Doom's hooded cape on it... ABSOLUTE GENIUS WITH MASSIVE PAYOFF!

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Dunno about that. F4 related figs are a no-go, even moreso than X-Stuff. They did release an Invisible Woman last week or so, but I don't know what the deal with the rights is. Granted, technically this is an Iron Man figure, so I guess it could still happen. It's just that as far as Marvel is concerned, it's Ironheart who's the new Iron Character, so Vic has been thrown a bit to the side. We'll see, I gues....

As for the story itself, it could've been handled better, but if Doom were to become a hero, it'd make sense for him to adopt the Iron Man name. He and Tony had shared a whole lot of adventres together, and always had respect and understanding for each other. Same goes for Doom & Strange, but that's not exactly a spot you can "overtake". Anyway, point is, while a straight-up Doom solo would've been better, I don't think this direction is as forced as people think.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

@outside_85 said:
@mark_stephen said:

I don't really see a difference between the two of them.

The most fundamental one would be that Waller will kill her own employees on the spot if she has to simply out of convenience, while it doesn't appear to be the same with Hill. Like I know they will both shoot their own if they are possessed, insane or otherwise an immediate danger. Waller however will also kill them simply if it keeps everyone in the dark as she prefers it, or if she finds out they've been working against her somehow.

Like I know Hill had a major row within SHIELD with Quake when they both tried to run the ship, but I dont recall Hill shooting the agents that Johnson had on her side. Waller on the other hand shot her own assistant in the head when she found out the woman was also working for Spysmasher who was trying to dismantle Waller due to the huge risks she was taking with the Squad. And to top it off, Waller did that in Spysmashers office.

sparty-dbq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can we please get rid of Maria? Isn't she supposed to be under court-martial or something? She's the worst part of every book she pops up in, which is nearly ALL OF THEM!

El_tio_este

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkmount1: i'm getting a Vincent Cassel vibe.

No Caption Provided

YEEEEEESSS!!!!! I tough I was the only one with that guy in mind each time I aw Doom's face

Avatar image for spiderhyphenman
spiderhyphenman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@el_tio_este: hahaha Yeah that's what i thought since day one. David Marquez and Mike Deodato both draw him that way.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

I wonder if Vicent Cassel knows?

igilistr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mark_stephen: Maybe except color of their skin and that Hill is Jake and Waller is The fatman.

But othervise youre completly right. Both Weller and Hill are fascistic (borderline nazi) control freaks with god complex and absolutly no remorse about all evil things they done. Belivin to be above everyone and everything and that every evil, EVERY evil can be exused if there is good cause for it. Those two claim that they protecting world by eliminating threats? THEN THEY SHOULD START WITH THEMSELVES!!!!!!

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@igilistr said:

@mark_stephen: Maybe except color of their skin and that Hill is Jake and Waller is The fatman.

But othervise youre completly right. Both Weller and Hill are fascistic (borderline nazi) control freaks with god complex and absolutly no remorse about all evil things they done. Belivin to be above everyone and everything and that every evil, EVERY evil can be exused if there is good cause for it. Those two claim that they protecting world by eliminating threats? THEN THEY SHOULD START WITH THEMSELVES!!!!!!

But if the did that who would be left to take care of everything? For people like Waller and Hill the ends always justify the means, a philosophy that I think the writers and editors at marvel have taken to heart. Look at the last civil war, Carol becomes a fascist (again, I think it's permanent for her now) and Clint becomes a murderer and both skip away without a scratch. Hill is just Carol without powers.

Scistorm4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You know, the main problem with this is that Doom doesn't feel like Doom. He's just "generic Bendis protagonist".

kyo28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anything is better than Riri ... really, ANYTHING, including Doom turning into Iron Man.

fabricolage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I haven't read the series, but does Doom still use magic and his own tech?