Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

INFAMOUS IRON MAN #2

No Caption Provided

(W) Brian Michael Bendis (A/CA) Alex Maleev

The secrets that propel Victor Von Doom's new quest as a hero start to reveal themselves, but that is nothing compared to the who's who of heroes AND villains looking for a piece of revenge for his past sins - beginning with Ben Grimm!

Rated T+

SEP160997 In Shops: Nov 16, 2016 SRP: $3.99

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Ha. New good Doom, some old methods.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

You know, as he is, I have hard time seeing that this guy is the same Victor von Doom that we are used to... the one that normally kills people when they displease or annoy him.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By HighAccuser

Doctor Doom is determined to be a hero, but not everyone, like Ben Grimm, is buying it.

Yeah alot of us aren't buying Marvel's bullshit they've been trying to sell.

Especially with Bendis at the helm.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for staticspeedster
StaticSpeedster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

galacticshrub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@nerevarine_11: Nick Spencer too.

His Ant-Man run was pretty great, but so far the other stuff I've read by him was less interesting. Still, I'd much rather read anything by him than Bendis, personally.

Avatar image for staticspeedster
StaticSpeedster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

@staticspeedster said:

@nerevarine_11: Nick Spencer too.

His Ant-Man run was pretty great, but so far the other stuff I've read by him was less interesting. Still, I'd much rather read anything by him than Bendis, personally.

I think Nick Spencer's okay except to what he did to Captain America. That was major bullcrap in my opinion.

How about Bendis' Uncanny X-Men run? I liked it.

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's Doom?

ILostTheKey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You know, as he is, I have hard time seeing that this guy is the same Victor von Doom that we are used to... the one that normally kills people when they displease or annoy him.

It's hard to market him as a "hero" if he was. I think Marvel is trying to do what they did with Magneto (although in a MUCH more expedited way) and turn him into a dark hero. Personally, I think that's a huge misstep since (like Magneto) he is one of the top 5 greatest villains in comics and making him a good guy creates a vacuum that I can't see Marvel filling any time soon.

Another side effect of making him good is that, like Magneto, Marvel writers will realize that he's just too powerful. He's essentially Reed Richards, Tony Stark, and Dr. Strange wrapped up in one character and regularly handles entire teams of other heroes on his own. They'll find it "difficult" to write compelling stories with him and eventually nerf the character altogether which is something I can't see him benefiting from at all because it'll just further strip his identity.

ILostTheKey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ILostTheKey

If Maleev wasn't on Art and Bendis wasn't writing, I'd give it a go.

wowlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HAH ...Doom ? A Hero ? stealing Tony's armor and girlfriend ? such a great ''hero'' to follow.

How does Bendis come up with this ridiculous stuff. And why would DR FREAKING DOOM would need Iron Man's mantle ?!

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

It's hard to market him as a "hero" if he was. I think Marvel is trying to do what they did with Magneto (although in a MUCH more expedited way) and turn him into a dark hero. Personally, I think that's a huge misstep since (like Magneto) he is one of the top 5 greatest villains in comics and making him a good guy creates a vacuum that I can't see Marvel filling any time soon.

Another side effect of making him good is that, like Magneto, Marvel writers will realize that he's just too powerful. He's essentially Reed Richards, Tony Stark, and Dr. Strange wrapped up in one character and regularly handles entire teams of other heroes on his own. They'll find it "difficult" to write compelling stories with him and eventually nerf the character altogether which is something I can't see him benefiting from at all because it'll just further strip his identity.

True on Magneto... and particularly troublesome really because Magneto was a terrorist, pure and simple, save in the eyes of himself and his followers. And it's really troublesome that everyone just seems to forgive and forget that as long as he's with the X-Men. But regarding Doom, dare I say the word that he's been 'Bendised' in the sense that he is acting almost casual... as if there was another man behind the iron mask this whole time we did not know?

To be fair, Doom really could use a bit of trimming when it comes to his powers... since they were always off the scales. That said, whenever or not he can be compelling as a 'good guys' is the bigger question... and that's a bit more than finding him someone to fight, which right now appears to be Ben Grimm of all people. But who knows, maybe Tony's now-ex-gf can help find the heart of the monster... and hopefully he wont skin her alive, like he did one of his ex's. :)

shinobi62676

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By shinobi62676

IDK guys, I think you're being a little too harsh on the idea of Doom "going straight" and being directed by Bendis and Maleev. 1) The ending to Secret Wars practically forecast this change (plus it still has been 8 months, whose to say Bendis won't use that time gap to fill in more detail on how he made the change?). 2) IT'S BENDIS AND MALEEV! Seriously, you can give him shit for a lot things he's done, and I get it, but that team still made what is widely regarded as ONE OF THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK RUNS OF ALL TIME! Especially since there is a chance this book will explore similar themes.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Avatar image for yung_ancient_one
Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

THAT ART THO! I kind of want to make it my icon/avatar (+)

helloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is shaping up to be a good series.

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@ilostthekey: So basically if it was completely different you'd give it a go :D

ILostTheKey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Lobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

I read the first issue and it was.....good....not great.....but good.

I do think people are being incredibly unfair on this series. I'm willing to give it 5 or so issues, by then we should be able to guess where this series is going and if the quality will drop or rise.

casper4690

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Garbage .

I want real doom , not irondoom.

jim158

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

First issue felt shallow. Really seemed to lack depth. I am disappointed with Tony being downloaded into a computer: that is tired and over used.

Mrfuzzynutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#20  Edited By Mrfuzzynutz

the concept doesn't make sense for the character. If Doom was to become 'good' is flawed as DOOM doesn't see himself as evil in the first place, just the rightful and most logical choice to LEAD/RULE the world.

second, his ego is too large to pull a Doc Ock and try to prove he is superior, he is Doom and he already knows that he is.

So to me, the idea is just silly right of the bat, and it will take a few issues to prove to me otherwise that this concept would work.

But Bendis seems to have a habit of just 'winging it' and writes stories were characters act odd just to meet the needs of the story.

roy81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shinobi62676: Exactly what I was thinking. Doom got a second chance at the end of secret wars. Reed could have wiped Doom from all existence across the multiverse or chained him up in some dark dimension for eternity. Instead he sent Doom back and healed him. It would be weird for Doom to not go through some change and find a new purpose in life.

CobraCommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By CobraCommander

Get this wannabe Riri outta here.

She was taking Tony's stuff before it was cool.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ilostthekey: Even with powerful characters, you can write good stories with them. At least, a decent writer should be able to. It's not too difficult to think that focusing on Doom as a character and his internal struggles, which can be reflected on the outside against his adversaries, would create compelling material for a reader.

Maniac2312

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@shinobi62676: That "one of the greatest comic book runs" was the one thing that could, and did, make me drop the best comic book I collected.

As for this book, I was curious till now because I like Dr. Doom.

shinobi62676

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maniac2312

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#26  Edited By Maniac2312

@shinobi62676: ummm..no, it was pretty much unreadable, as is this preview. I did try to muddle through it for Daredevils sake.

shinobi62676

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By shinobi62676

@maniac2312: Any particular reason why? Like do you just hate the Bendis dialogue? Do you dislike Maleev's art?

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Psychologically, Doom can't change. Even if he does good things he's still a psychopath.

g2_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Avatar image for supermanwithatan01
Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Best Marvel Character imo

SABOTAGE2233

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shinobi62676: I totally agree. No one is saying they are unhappy with how Secret Wars ended, but it shows what was going to happen, it's not Bendis idea. Maybe the Iron Man mantle, but I like the idea. Bendis DD run was sick, his Ultimate Spiderman is still going in a way, and after everyone hated the idea of Miles Morales, Miles is here for the good, so I don't think Bendis really gives a shit what you people think. His mini run Moon Knight, with Maleev was just awesome to say the least too. I'm looking forward to where this goes. Also, if not for Bendis, the avengers would not have nearly the popularity they have now. He brought them up front, and his run that wasn't to damn shappy either. Everyone keeps complaining about Bendis and Millar, but they sure have some classics under their belt, and they keep coming strong. I don't think a lot of people understood what happened to Doom at the end of Secret Wars. What it was the Reed actually proved to the man. That's the interesting part. If Magneto can become a hero in sorts, and it stay that way, then why not Doom?

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@g2_: Not if your brain is wired a certain way.

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 114

@noone1996: I am pretty sure Doom is sociopath. Not a psychopath

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@krleavenger: I always had trouble discerning the differences between the two types of personality disorders.

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 114

@noone1996: Well I don't think I should start a lecture.

g2_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

shinobi62676

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers