Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

GHOST RIDER #1

No Caption Provided

(W) Felipe Smith (A) Danilo Beyruth, Tradd Moore (CA) Marco Checchetto

ROBBIE REYES IS BACK!

It's hell on wheels as the Spirit of Vengeance makes his roaring return! A mysterious object from space crash-lands in southern California, drawing some of the brightest minds in the Marvel Universe to Ghost Rider's backyard - including Amadeus Cho, the Totally Awesome Hulk! What mayhem will be unleashed as the High-octane Hothead comes face-to-face with the Jade Genius? And with Robbie still possessed by the ghost of his evil uncle Eli...who's really in the driver's seat? Then, meet the newest speed trap in Ghost Rider's life as his original creators Felipe Smith and Tradd Moore reunite for a special backup story and the debut of an all-new villain. Strap in and start your engines, True Believer, this one's gonna be a scorcher!

Rated T

SEP160959 In Shops: Nov 30, 2016 SRP: $4.99

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

lxlGiftedlxl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

looks cool.

BR_Havoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Looks decent but that isn't Moore's art. Please do not tell me on the first issue they are using two artists since it wasn't finished.

ia0delond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lantern1210

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hes not a Spirit though. Really wish theyd do something to change that. I know it sounds dumb, but its keeping me from jumping in

Lantern1210

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hes not a Spirit though. Really wish theyd do something to change that. I know it sounds dumb, but its keeping me from jumping in.

Avatar image for thatlyn_yoaeg_ill_rymmin
Thatlyn Yoaeg'ill'rymmin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Go Robbie Go!!!

Great, one of the most interesting character in the last years! And yes, thankfull they will keep him away from the absurdly boring "spirit of vengance" mess of the last 20 years of Ghost Riders...

Lantern1210

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lantern1210

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thatlyn Yoaeg'ill'rymmin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, it's not a true Ghost Rider, I know, and I like It! And that make him great and original!

And really, I've readed Ghost Rider when he was Johnny Blaze, when he was Daniel Katch in the '90s, and all the [failed for me] saga from 2000 to now... and really, they are absurdly boring! And the history of "what is a Ghost Rider" was changed so many time that I'm really, really happy that Robbie isn't really part of that mess :)

@thatlyn_yoaeg_ill_rymmin: Absurdly boring? Lol...you lose all credibility. He's not a true Ghost Rider, deal with it

Blues32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thatlyn_yoaeg_ill_rymmin: You can't beat the original. Johnny Blaze is Ghost Rider. This is more a Ghost Driver. Can't say I care for the appearance either. Nothing beats a flaming human skull. Adding all that metal just makes it seem like he's trying too hard. The chains really don't fit either...though I'm not sure where they fit with the original. I guess back in the day, biker gangs used chains?

You really didn't find Johnny's time in Hell to be interesting at all? The Road to Damnation? Rare we get a look at the REAL Hell in Marvel comics. It's usually Mephisto's realm or Hel. And such a unique type of Hell. Every day Ghost Rider speeds towards an exit with an ever growing horde of demons behind him. Just as he gets close to the way out, it slams shut and the horde piles on him.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blues32 said:

@thatlyn_yoaeg_ill_rymmin: You can't beat the original. Johnny Blaze is Ghost Rider. This is more a Ghost Driver. Can't say I care for the appearance either. Nothing beats a flaming human skull. Adding all that metal just makes it seem like he's trying too hard. The chains really don't fit either...though I'm not sure where they fit with the original. I guess back in the day, biker gangs used chains?

You really didn't find Johnny's time in Hell to be interesting at all? The Road to Damnation? Rare we get a look at the REAL Hell in Marvel comics. It's usually Mephisto's realm or Hel. And such a unique type of Hell. Every day Ghost Rider speeds towards an exit with an ever growing horde of demons behind him. Just as he gets close to the way out, it slams shut and the horde piles on him.

Thank you. I've been saying this for ages. He's not riding anything.

blur1528

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 6

@scouterv: Looks like he's ghost riding that whip to me ;)

Thatlyn Yoaeg'ill'rymmin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For the Ghost Driver instead of Ghost Rider, I agree with you, but if you read the first volume of Robbie, you will see that the name "Ghost Rider" have been given to Robbie by Johnny Blaze, who mistake him for a Spirit of Vengance... Robbie have never called itself "Ghost Rider", never. It's a mistake of Johnny "dumb '70 biker" mistake... so it may be wrong, but in the contest of the comic, it have a logic! But anyway, I will be glad if they change is title in Ghost Driver!

But for "Road of Damnation"... really.. no! I've find that one of the worst thing that I've ever readed from the '80s! [Second only to Rob Liefild Youngblood I think]. The idea of Ghost Rider running for salvation and failing is good... but that is the only good thing. A 4-6 page story. All the rest is stupid, bad written [and bad written even for Warren Ellis, who recycle the same joke already used in other book] with nearly no connection with the Ghost Rider continuity. After that, Way and Aaron had to work hardly to give some sense to the Ellis story. And Way... well, he waste a great idea with a story that was perfect for the '90s, but not for 2006! I've found the cycle of Way to be a perfect story for Daniel Ketch [of whom I was an incredible fan as a Teenager], but not for today. Aaron is a great writer, he have done it best with the mess that they have given to him, and the idea of an Army of Ghost Rider was good. He also show to know the story before Road of Damnation, using classic charater, but the whole story never rise above the passing grade. I've liked his Idea and the whole Zadikiel story, but first, I've already read so many time about fallen angel that siege Haven, and second, the whole "new origins" of the Spirit of Vengance have been changed and rewrited for the third or fourth time...may be good, but for who have followed Ghost Rider before is quite... boring? Blaze was merged with Zarathos? Daniel Ketch have the Medallion of Powers, who take powers from...Zarathos? Some "Spirit of Vengance"? Zarathos is a Spirit of Vengance? The Spirit of Vengence is.. are... some sort of Fallen Not-So-Much Angel? Take a decision!

The real problem with "Ghost Rider", as a biker joined with hell, is that he is a Dated Stereotype. Johnny Blaze was cool, but was a "son of the '70s", at least latest '80s... but yet in the '90s, his look and style of story was already dated. Daniel Ketch, the "second" Ghost Rider [and for who was a teenager during that day, the coolest Ghost Rider] was a try to give a Ghost Rider more akin to the "extreme age" or "iron age"... they change the moto, they change the origin and give him a family, they change even the powers! [Johnny Blaze dosen't use the Penance Stare before. Was Daniel Ketch the first to use it, and Way in his running state that cleary]. But as often happen, they have tried to return to the original, making some sort of ret-con, and giving us nothing news. But the stereotype of a biker with flame and chain that made a pact with the devil is every day less credible, less interesting and more used and abused for stories... Johnny Blaze: "So, you haven't done any deal with the devil?" - Robbie Reyes: "No! Who would be so stupid?"... and I've laughed, hard! Since the concept was cool in the days, but now I find it... boring...

Maybe the look can be more cool in Blaze or Ketch [Ketch was the best! Daniel Ketch IS the Ghost Rider, he was the first to use the Penance Stare!], but the story is another thing... with drammatic character, hearbreaking moment and really dark history [when I've found who really is Eli Morrow and what he have done, was a punch in stomach! One of the most disgusting evil of the Marvel Universe!]

So the fact that he ISN'T a Spirit of Vengance, for me is only good: a whole new story, with whole new motivation and characterization :)

[OMG! How much I've written? Sorry, I wasn't attacking you or assault, was only the heat of the moment :) ]

@blues32 said:

shinobi62676

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thatlyn Yoaeg'ill'rymmin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

I was kinda hoping they would use the awesome art from secret wars Ghost Racers for this comic when it came out.

No Caption Provided

Was just too perfect for a Ghost Rider book.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a830f8074f3a
deactivated-5a830f8074f3a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I don't want to sounds offense but WHY Marvel? Why would you ever hire a weeaboo to do Ghost Rider, please don't mistaken Ghost Rider fanbase has any interest in manga or what so ever. This is America Marvel comic, make sure they are Manga influence free, i read only one issues and i really hate it...