Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff
No Caption Provided

DEATH OF X #2

(W) Jeff Lemire, Charles Soule (A/CA) Aaron Kuder

• After the events on Muir Island, Cyclops and Emma Frost put their plans into motion.

• Storm and Medusa come together to find a solution for the deadly effects the Terrigen has on mutants.

• One of the clouds heads to Madrid, the site of the first skirmish between mutants and Inhumans.

Rated T+

In Shops: Oct 19, 2016SRP: $3.99

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Ambaryerno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

"But mutants have been exposed to terrigen many times...there have been no ill effects."

Except for the fact that there's a long long long long long long LONG history of terrigen DOING EXACTLY THAT.

GOD I'm getting sick of Marvel's disregard of continuity these days.

Eto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

The x-men should win. Ooh wait...Marvel

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Mooty_Pass

"I wanted to look you in the Eye. To gauge your reaction. To see if this was..Purposeful."

Classic Storm I LOVE it. :-)

Also we better get a GOOD EXPLANATION as to why Storm can't fully deal with the T-mist.........And it better be a good one. -_-

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This book is just all kinds of bad. Screwing the Xmen and Inhunans all at once? Only Marvel.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f
deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

@ambaryerno: This could be a plan of Evil Anti Mutants Group.

CobraCommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By CobraCommander

Unus? Callisto anybody? Holy hell marvel. . .at least pretend to respect continuity for something this far-reaching.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By adamTRMM

@ambaryerno said:

Except for the fact that there's a long long long long long long LONG history of terrigen DOING EXACTLY THAT.

Is it really that long? SoM is the only point I can think of and those were only DEPOWERED mutants. Also, Quicksilver was not only fine, he also got repowered from initial Terrigen, and then he was written as depowered mutant.

Besides, said pre-Inhumanity Terrigen was also lethal to humans so.....

I think Medusa is talking about the period of Inhumanity when THIS specific altered Terrigen formula was released. I don't really remember how it was written by Hickman, but IIRC Hickman did acknowledge its danger and specifically contextualized the fact of its harmless to non-Inhumans alteration.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to defend this utterly abominable brainfart of a concept, I can literally feel the loathing towards every idiotor and writer involved growing, but if we're going to call out this story on its bull let's just try to be more accurate.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh and by the way, this variant subtly exposes exactly how I feel:

No Caption Provided

vinomonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Even Jeff Lemiere can't salvage this two properties. Sad.

Bl00dwerK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

"I wanted to look you in the eye. To gauge your reaction. To see if this was... Purposeful."

Not too smart, if you ask me. I'm not sure I'd have gone in there and, basically, accused Medusa's people of trying to kill mutants right to her face. You know, especially if I wanted help. Even if I believed they did it on purpose I'd keep it to myself. If I were in Medusa's place, and had nothing to do with what was happening, I'd have been insulted. That last panel with Medusa, though. That doesn't look good, either.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Mooty_Pass
@bl00dwerk said:

"I wanted to look you in the eye. To gauge your reaction. To see if this was... Purposeful."

Not too smart, if you ask me. I'm not sure I'd have gone in there and, basically, accused Medusa's people of trying to kill mutants right to her face. You know, especially if I wanted help. Even if I believed they did it on purpose I'd keep it to myself. If I were in Medusa's place, and had nothing to do with what was happening, I'd have been insulted. That last panel with Medusa, though. That doesn't look good, either.

I can understand why you would think that sir, but actually this is smart. Storm and Medusa don't have any secrete between them(Supposedly) which is why she is talking to her about this. Storm wants to know if Medusa KNEW about this and didn't say anything IF Medusa did know then she'd be screwed, hence why Storm said "I wanted to look you in the eye and gauge your reaction to see if this was..Purposeful." Storm doesn't know the Inhuman intentions AND Remember Scott said that the Inhumans lied to him in the first issue. Bobby was there when Scott said that and Scott was in contact with Beast as well. So either Scott or Bobby or Beast TOLD Storm and she wants to know if this is true or not. She isn't accusing her of anything.

This strategy isn't new I mean this is exactly what Kings of great Nations do if they are skeptical of each others intentions. They meet hash it out and explain there concerns.

OR Straight up go to war (Depending who's Ego is the biggest)

Bl00dwerK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@bl00dwerk said:

I can understand why you would think that sir, but actually this is smart. Storm and Medusa don't have any secrete between them(Supposedly) which is why she is talking to her about this. Storm wants to know if Medusa KNEW about this and didn't say anything IF Medusa did know then she'd be screwed, hence why Storm said "I wanted to look you in the eye and gauge your reaction to see if this was..Purposeful." Storm doesn't know the Inhuman intentions AND Remember Scott said that the Inhumans lied to him in the first issue. Bobby was there when Scott said that and Scott was in contact with Beast as well. So either Scott or Bobby or Beast TOLD Storm and she wants to know if this is true or not. She isn't accusing her of anything.

This strategy isn't new I mean this is exactly what Kings of great Nations do if they are skeptical of each others intentions. They meet hash it out and explain there concerns.

OR Straight up go to war (Depending who's Ego is the biggest)

Storm didn't have to tell her what she was doing. She could have left it at just a meeting, letting Medusa know what was going on. Instead she put Medusa on the defensive, which isn't that bright.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Mooty_Pass

Storm didn't have to tell her what she was doing. She could have left it at just a meeting, letting Medusa know what was going on. Instead she put Medusa on the defensive, which isn't that bright.

Yes I fully understand what you mean, but that's what I meant about Storm and Medusa share NO secrets between them. Storm just wanted to know if Medusa knew about this Mist killing mutants or not. That's why Storm laid out all her cards on the table first to see what does this ruler think about this situation. Storm says it pretty clear she doesn't KNOW Medusa's intentions, but she does at the end of their conversation. (Very smart and strategical actually to find out if the threat is friend or foe)

If Medusa shows that she doesn't really care about the situation or dances around it THEN that would let Storm know "Ok, so this woman did know about this. Alright Scott's right she's an enemy". Medusa wasn't on the defensive she really didn't know in fact she immediately jumped on a solution to start helping Storm.

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i want to see more emma/scott and les everyone else in this seires SMH

X-menLover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i think beast is behind all of this.

Mizerous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@x-menlover: My god!!!

X-menLover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mizerous: Did you realize it? or Are you being sarcastic ??

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Standard plot: secret agendas, tense meetings, backstabbing to follow... In a word: Boring. Art is good though.

SlimeBeherit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I enjoyed the previous issue, and this looks good as well, but really need to hit a home-run with issue 4.

Avatar image for kid_omega_prime
Kid_Omega_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wait I thought Cyclops died how did he comeback ?

SlimeBeherit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kid_omega_prime: Flashback story, so we think this story will illustrate his fate.

Avatar image for indomitableregal
IndomitableRegal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seems interesting, but I still hate the art.

VioletPhoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By VioletPhoenix

@eto said:

The x-men should win. Ooh wait...Marvel

Kill her Storm..kill her.

Ugh I don't even hate (care about) the Inhumans. I just want my mutants back on top without the editorial bullying.

Dr_Cheesesteak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

So, when is everyone else's sentimental death of the X-Men? Mine was that transition time of AvX and when Bendis took over. That's when the X-Men really died to me, damned whatever Marvel officially publishes.

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm said:

Oh and by the way, this variant subtly exposes exactly how I feel:

No Caption Provided

Inglewoodian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#26  Edited By Inglewoodian

*sigh* I don't understand how the planet hated mutants for decades but are somehow OK with Inhumans. & then still OK with these scumbag Inhumans releasing a cloud of change all over the planet. The government was hunting mutants for decades for just trying to help but these shitheads commit an act of terror against the ENTIRE world & everybody is just like "Aww, that's sweet." fucking hate the Inhumans. I hope they fail hard in comic sales after the inevitable defeat & death of X-Men bcz Marvel comics is now dictated by the needs & wants of the MCU/Disney.

This art SUCKS & the book is over priced. Kiss my ass Marvel.

igilistr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dr_cheesesteak: For me: E for Extinction started kiling it, House of M/M-Day killed it definitly.

Well, X-men comics started turning terrible sometime around end of 90s. Not sure about details now, but it was around Death of Moira Mc. Taggert, Colossus (he got better), Return of Smeghead (Scott, never liked him and dispise him since he left Madelyn Pryor) and this Onslaught thingy wast much kosher either. Then E for Extintion came and "Game over man, game over".

igilistr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

*sigh* I don't understand how the planet hated mutants for decades but are somehow OK with Inhumans. & then still OK with these scumbag Inhumans releasing a cloud of change all over the planet. The government was hunting mutants for decades for just trying to help but these shitheads commit an act of terror against the ENTIRE world & everybody is just like "Aww, that's sweet." fucking hate the Inhumans. I hope they fail hard in comic sales after the inevitable defeat & death of X-Men bcz Marvel comics is now dictated by the needs & wants of the MCU/Disney.

This art SUCKS & the book is over priced. Kiss my ass Marvel.

Well, maybe it because that Poison cloud killing mutants. I wodnt be surprised if goverment and/or SHIELDs reaction on it was like: "Be my guest. You can kill them all if you want. You do us all a fafor."

If you ask me, only prupose of this book and its sequel IVX is make Inhuman scum look good and X-men/mutants bad or even evil.

Avatar image for davidgrantlloyd
davidgrantlloyd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I love Aaron Kuder's artwork!

Madripoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MCU shit rules, as always.

#mutantlivesmatter #CyclopsWasRight

Cagnazzo82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marvel still hard at work tearing down the pillars that have held it up for half a century.