Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck
No Caption Provided

DC UNIVERSE: REBIRTH #1

(W) Geoff Johns (A) Gary Frank & Various (CA) Gary Frank

It all begins here. Do not skip to the last page. Do not let a friend or message board ruin this comic for you. The future (and past) of the DC Universe starts here. Don't say we didn't warn you!

THEY SAID IT: "Rebirth is about focusing in on the core of the character and their respective universe," says writer and DC Entertainment Chief Creative Officer Geoff Johns. "It brings back what has been lost, the legacy of the characters, the love and the hope of the DCU!"

Item Code: APR160273 In Shops: 5/25/2016 SRP: $2.99

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

TheExile285

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 4

Art looks great. I can't wait for tomorrow.

Avatar image for mattydavehalpeo
MattyDaveHalPeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

WOW! I absolutely can't wait. I thought Rebirth was another failed event, another attempt like DCYOU to market the same stuff in a slightly different way as to make more money.

I mean, don't get me wrong, all comics exist to make money, but this seems to have the makings of a successful attempt to fix the problems with the New 52.

I want to know why the Golden Age and Post-CoIE Jokers are now on Prime Earth, and I want to know what's happened to Wally. Is Linda also back? Jai and Irey? Why is Wally Kid Flash again and not Flash in his own right?

I will buy this, they've hooked me.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WOW! I absolutely can't wait. I thought Rebirth was another failed event, another attempt like DCYOU to market the same stuff in a slightly different way as to make more money.

I mean, don't get me wrong, all comics exist to make money, but this seems to have the makings of a successful attempt to fix the problems with the New 52.

I want to know why the Golden Age and Post-CoIE Jokers are now on Prime Earth, and I want to know what's happened to Wally. Is Linda also back? Jai and Irey? Why is Wally Kid Flash again and not Flash in his own right?

I will buy this, they've hooked me.

Linda is back but she doesn't remember Wally.

MattyDaveHalPeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave: That explains why he can't get back to her, like how he struggled to come back whey John Fox was trying to date Linda. What about the kids?

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I just hope there not actually 3 Jokers, because that's just dumb as hell!

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

'Read JL 50 and Superman 52 before this.' Eh no, because they are conclusions to very long stories and these things tend to explain themselves anyways.

Nerise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes!

UltimateSMfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Been surfing the net extremely carefully to avoid spoilers, avoiding reviews, articles, every stray headline with rebirth in the title for the past week, so i can have a completely unadulterated experience of this book save for this preview.

Just realising who the narrator was made me squeal. Tomorrow's gonna be awesome! The DC Universe's tomorrow is looking bright!

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After just reading that bit I want more.

tristantre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm really nervous that I won't know what's going on with Rebirth. I'm not very familiar with the Pre-New 52 storylines and I don't know what I'll need to know for this. For instance, I know who Wally West is but I don't know where he's been this whole time and why people have said he's been "missing". I don't know any of that backstory and feel like Rebirth may be a struggle for me.

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Please please please just give me one little hint we could get classic Captain Marvel back

@mattydavehalpeo: Kinda hoping the kids are gone (they were annoying and din't add much) and I'm guessing he'll just take on a new mantle and join the Titans with his fellow generational alumni

MattyDaveHalPeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Please please please just give me one little hint we could get classic Captain Marvel back

@mattydavehalpeo: Kinda hoping the kids are gone (they were annoying and din't add much) and I'm guessing he'll just take on a new mantle and join the Titans with his fellow generational alumni

They were a tad annoying, but since they existed at one point, I wouldn't wish them non-existence. I always thought that eventually Irey would be the permanent Kid Flash, but with Flashpoint essentially rewinding the timeline of the Flash family back to 1956, it never happened. I think it'd be cool to make Jai a Red Lantern, jealous of his sister's speed powers.

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@mattydavehalpeo: Well yeah but there are hundreds of characters who have existed at one point and just sort of gone to the wayside. Many of whom had much much bigger roles than Jai and Irey (off the top of my head the Young All-Stars come to mind)

Though that being said, while the Justice League has always been about iconic heroes withstanding the test of time, Titans books have always been about growth and change, so I could see them working there since there were many Titans story lines about marriage, kids, and growth.

DoctorXander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

As someone who won't get to read this anytime soon, who's the narrator?

XavierMarz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wally and?