gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck
No Caption Provided

CIVIL WAR II AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #1 (OF 4)

(W) Christos N. Gage (A) Travel Foreman (CA) Khary Randolph

THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN GETS CAUGHT UP IN CIVIL WAR II! There's a new Inhuman with the ability to seemingly predict the future, and as the heroes of the Marvel Universe continue to grapple with their feelings about his very existence one thing almost everyone can agree on is that he bears a tremendous responsibility to use his powers safely. Peter Parker, aka THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN, knows a thing or two about that -- too bad he's also got the ol' Parker luck working against him.

Rated T+

Item Code: APR160876 In Shops: 6/8/2016 SRP: $3.99

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I wonder if he'll see Ulysses to Mephisto this time?

ArkhamBlood52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By ArkhamBlood52
Madripoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know how to feel about this...

JewishDork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Do not like the art. That is a cool Phil Noto cover.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f
deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

The road to One More Day 2?

VVknight2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for blackspidey2099
blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Why do writers always forget that Spdey is wearing armor, and that it shouldn't have been torn at all?

UltimatePower6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

Why has Vulture been given so much attention in these last six years than other villains?

donmeca2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Automatic purchase for me...

iro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vitalius said:

I'd be down for that hilarity! marvel's freakin' creatively bankrupt in so many ways anyhow so…

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well after the last civil war he made a deal with Mephisto, him and MJ selling their marriage to the devil and that solved all the problems created by his idiocy in cw1, so after what will probably be his idiocy in cw2 will he sell Ulysses to get out of it? Given how marvel writers characters out of character during big events I don't think it's a possibility that can be ruled out. I don't think marvel will write Pete as dumb as before, but I wouldn't bet money on it.

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why do writers always forget that Spdey is wearing armor, and that it shouldn't have been torn at all?

Visually it's more dramatic to have it torn.

save.me.now

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

Why has Vulture been given so much attention in these last six years than other villains?

Electro has gotten plenty of attention he's made a decent amount of appearances in in spider man as well as other comics and he even got that whole electroverse event. Kraven had the whole last hunt thing, got to kill one of the spiders and his kid is in all new inhumans. Doctor octopus nearly destroyed the earth, killed spider man and actually became spider man for like a year. Mr Negative has gotten a decent amount of attention too and has even appeared in non spider man stories, unlike vulture. And then there was the whole critically acclaimed Superior foes of spider man. Carnage got a ton of attention during axis and now has his own series. And Black Cat is the new Kingpin of crime. I could go on.

Spidey has a rich rogues gallery and I don't think any of them have really been neglected in the last six years. In fact I think they've been used a lot more effectively than most other rogues galleries (i.e. Batman, Iron man etc)

Aros001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

As a fan of Spider-Man and his current series I really hope this event doesn't screw him over like the last Civil War.

amazingfantasy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This particular one it's weird since this is Christos Cage, who knows his stuff.

@aros001 said:

As a fan of Spider-Man and his current series I really hope this event doesn't screw him over like the last Civil War.

I don't think it will. By all we've seen so far, they don't seem to be focusing on him that much. And the writer never makes Peter do anything in events so I doubt this time would be different.

Avatar image for blackspidey2099
blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@amazingfantasy: Yeah, very true. I was surprised to see Gage wrote this. I am actually scared for Civil War II though, because knowing Bendis, he will have Spidey crack some jokes, and then get wrecked by someone really weak in a totally OOC way. He hates Spidey so much, especially now that he has Miles. How much do you want to bet that we will see Miles one shot Peter with his venom blast?

@mark_stephen: That's true, but that doesn't mean they should ignore the armor's capabilities to do so (especially against such weak villains). It's not like we see Iron Man's armor getting torn up when fighting.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@iro: You never know plus they kind recycle older plots Like No More Mutants and Legacy Virus with the Terrigen Mist.

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amazingfantasy: Yeah, very true. I was surprised to see Gage wrote this. I am actually scared for Civil War II though, because knowing Bendis, he will have Spidey crack some jokes, and then get wrecked by someone really weak in a totally OOC way. He hates Spidey so much, especially now that he has Miles. How much do you want to bet that we will see Miles one shot Peter with his venom blast?

@mark_stephen: That's true, but that doesn't mean they should ignore the armor's capabilities to do so (especially against such weak villains). It's not like we see Iron Man's armor getting torn up when fighting.

I believe that marvel goes for drama more than it goes for consistency.

Avatar image for christianrapper
christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By christianrapper
@vitalius said:

if they do that crap again, i will sell out and start reading batman.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know, but for some reason I got this very odd feeling....something's not right.

TheLurker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well after the last civil war he made a deal with Mephisto, him and MJ selling their marriage to the devil and that solved all the problems created by his idiocy in cw1, so after what will probably be his idiocy in cw2 will he sell Ulysses to get out of it? Given how marvel writers characters out of character during big events I don't think it's a possibility that can be ruled out. I don't think marvel will write Pete as dumb as before, but I wouldn't bet money on it.

What would Mephisto want with Ulysses? With all the mystical artifacts he has in his realm I'm sure there's a crystal ball lying around somewhere.

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mark_stephen said:

What would Mephisto want with Ulysses? With all the mystical artifacts he has in his realm I'm sure there's a crystal ball lying around somewhere.

Well if there is someone has to polish it :)

Webhead_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still can't get over the "Not this $%#* again" gesture in that cover.

Avatar image for christianrapper
christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By christianrapper

its funny how some of you think that a writer hates a character for some mysterious reason...despite getting paid to write the character that the writer supposedly hates.

kiba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@webhead_99: "Still can't get over the "Not this $%#* again" gesture in that cover."

I feel the same as Peter.