Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@ducey13 said:
@mark_stephen said:
@ducey13 said:
@mark_stephen said:
@ducey13 said:
@theexile285 said:

Why is Tony declaring war on the Inhumans? Because everyone screwed up when fighting Thanos?

Basically yeah. They proved they're not capable on using this power responsibly.

And Tony is?

Never said he was but based on the story it doesn't appear he plans to.

@mark_stephen said:

So is Tony going to take the guy and experiment on him like he did She-hulk or is he just going to kill him?

Neither.

What's he going to do then? If Tony wants to nullify him there aren't a lot of options, I don't think the negative zone prison is still open and given the way he's been written for a long time now I don't put anything past him. Is he going to lobotomize him so Ulysses can't tell the future anymore? The fact that he's broken into the inhuman residence -not that laws mean much or have ever meant that much to Tony Stark- shows a hostile intent.

Maybe he's just trying to get Ulysses away from Carol and The Inhumans before they get themselves or more friends killed? Or maybe it's something you haven't thought of yet because you're only pointing out worst case scenarios. Have you read the book?

Can't afford the book, I go by what I read on the sights and what I flip through in the store. If I get a second job I might have enough to start buying again. Maybe. In a few months.

I point out worst case scenarios because past experience has shown me that in a multi-book crossover event worst case scenarios are the only ones that the marvel characters choose. If they were acting reasonably and intelligently marvel would have no idea what to do with them, much less fill multiple titles. And assuming Tony gets him away from Carol and Company he's got to do something with the guy because C&C are going to be looking for him and they aren't the type to give up. Not to mention the simple fact that if by 'getting him away' Tony forcibly takes him anywhere Ulysses doesn't want to go it's kidnapping, a federal crime as compared to the merely local crime he's already committed by breaking and entering into where Ulysses is now. This is Tony Stark we're talking about here, the man who formed the Illuminati, the man who created Clor and Cape Killers and helped create the negative zone prison, the man who tricked and then depowered She-hulk and those are only some of the things he's done. What in the world makes you think he won't do anything he wants to do when he wants to do it and to whom he wants to do it?

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Mooty_Pass

@ianbareilles: I agree with you although it kind is her fault i'll explain. Carol disregarded the warning Tony had told her. Carol knew Thanos was coming and didn't bring enough back up. Thanos a massive threat a S Rank Villain getting ambushed by a small handful of heroes that are no where near strong enough to take on Thanos. (With the exception of Blue Marvel who did nothing). Look at the heroes that fought with Carol NONE of them couldn't even lay a scratch on him and what's worse Thanos was actually weakened...NOW that's saying something.

So this kinda is Carols fault...knowing that Thanos was coming she neglected to bring back up thus getting She-Hulk on life support and paralyzed and Rhodey killed. Yes she couldn't have known this was going to happen, but she knew who she was dealing with and ultimately made a bad call and got two people killed.

The only positive thing that came out of this is that Thanos is behind bars.

Ducey13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Ducey13

@ducey13 said:
@mark_stephen said:
@ducey13 said:
@mark_stephen said:
@ducey13 said:
@theexile285 said:

Why is Tony declaring war on the Inhumans? Because everyone screwed up when fighting Thanos?

Basically yeah. They proved they're not capable on using this power responsibly.

And Tony is?

@mark_stephen said:

So is Tony going to take the guy and experiment on him like he did She-hulk or is he just going to kill him?

Neither.

What's he going to do then? If Tony wants to nullify him there aren't a lot of options, I don't think the negative zone prison is still open and given the way he's been written for a long time now I don't put anything past him. Is he going to lobotomize him so Ulysses can't tell the future anymore? The fact that he's broken into the inhuman residence -not that laws mean much or have ever meant that much to Tony Stark- shows a hostile intent.

Maybe he's just trying to get Ulysses away from Carol and The Inhumans before they get themselves or more friends killed? Or maybe it's something you haven't thought of yet because you're only pointing out worst case scenarios. Have you read the book?

Can't afford the book, I go by what I read on the sights and what I flip through in the store. If I get a second job I might have enough to start buying again. Maybe. In a few months.

I point out worst case scenarios because past experience has shown me that in a multi-book crossover event worst case scenarios are the only ones that the marvel characters choose. If they were acting reasonably and intelligently marvel would have no idea what to do with them, much less fill multiple titles. And assuming Tony gets him away from Carol and Company he's got to do something with the guy because C&C are going to be looking for him and they aren't the type to give up. Not to mention the simple fact that if by 'getting him away' Tony forcibly takes him anywhere Ulysses doesn't want to go it's kidnapping, a federal crime as compared to the merely local crime he's already committed by breaking and entering into where Ulysses is now. This is Tony Stark we're talking about here, the man who formed the Illuminati, the man who created Clor and Cape Killers and helped create the negative zone prison, the man who tricked and then depowered She-hulk and those are only some of the things he's done. What in the world makes you think he won't do anything he wants to do when he wants to do it and to whom he wants to do it?

Tony Stark is possibly the greatest Marvel hero of all. He Formed the Avengers, fought in the Kree/Skrull War. Help revert Reality back normal from House of M, when the US Government declared that all heroes must register he obeyed the law and signed. He was Director of SHIELD. After the skrulls rendered his extremis armor inert during the Secret Invasion, with the help of Black Widow, he was able to recover and build new Armor. He help defeat Osborn during the SIEGE of Asgard. He's created arc reactor technology that's clean energy and affordable to the world. He rebuilt Mandarin City into New Troy. He was a part of the Illuminati that saved Earth from dozen of Incursions. Now he's rescued Ulysses from Carol who would use him like a weapon. And Maybe Tony bends a few rules but it better than letting more people get killed.

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ducey13 said:
@mark_stephen said:
@ducey13 said:
@mark_stephen said:
@ducey13 said:
@mark_stephen said:
@ducey13 said:
@theexile285 said:

And Tony is?

@mark_stephen said:

Neither.

Tony Stark is possibly the greatest Marvel hero of all. He Formed the Avengers, fought in the Kree/Skrull War. Help revert Reality back normal from House of M, when the US Government declared that all heroes must register he obeyed the law and signed. He was Director of SHIELD. After the skrulls rendered his extremis armor inert during the Secret Invasion, with the help of Black Widow, he was able to recover and build new Armor. He help defeat Osborn during the SIEGE of Asgard. He's created arc reactor technology that's clean energy and affordable to the world. He rebuilt Mandarin City into New Troy. He was a part of the Illuminati that saved Earth from dozen of Incursions. Now he's rescued Ulysses from Carol who would use him like a weapon. And Maybe Tony bends a few rules but it better than letting more people get killed.

I disagree. Tony is an ends-justify-the-means type of guy, a super villain with good pr. He didn't form the Avengers, the idea was Hank Pyms. He took advantage of the SHRA to enrich his company a thousand times, at the same time using mind control nanites to take control of Norman Osborn and nearly start a war with Atlantis... I could go on but you see him differently. Personally I think on the moral scale Tony is about the equivalent of the Kingpin, maybe just a little bit less ruthless, but no less willing to kill if someone gets in his way or is going to get in his way. Ask the people of Hulkworld -if any of them are still alive- how him and the Illuminati sending Hulk there worked out after the Illuminati shuttle blew up half the planet. Or there was him tricking She-hulk into bed, depowering her and then dumping her into New Jersey so that he could use her as bait to catch Cho. If that's the kind of guy you think is a hero then again I disagree.

Ducey13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ducey13 said:
@mark_stephen said:
@ducey13 said:
@mark_stephen said:
@ducey13 said:
@mark_stephen said:
@ducey13 said:
@theexile285 said:

And Tony is?

@mark_stephen said:

Neither.

I disagree. Tony is an ends-justify-the-means type of guy, a super villain with good pr. He didn't form the Avengers, the idea was Hank Pyms. He took advantage of the SHRA to enrich his company a thousand times, at the same time using mind control nanites to take control of Norman Osborn and nearly start a war with Atlantis... I could go on but you see him differently. Personally I think on the moral scale Tony is about the equivalent of the Kingpin, maybe just a little bit less ruthless, but no less willing to kill if someone gets in his way or is going to get in his way. Ask the people of Hulkworld -if any of them are still alive- how him and the Illuminati sending Hulk there worked out after the Illuminati shuttle blew up half the planet. Or there was him tricking She-hulk into bed, depowering her and then dumping her into New Jersey so that he could use her as bait to catch Cho. If that's the kind of guy you think is a hero then again I disagree.

Tony Stark has saved millions of lives. Kingpin's never saved anyone but himself. Tony not only started the Avengers, he funded them. Without his mind and money they would have needed other sponsors. Jen was a consenting adult. If he had never sent Hulk there they'd still be enslaved by the Red King. Has me made mistakes? Sure. But if Tony was really a super villain he would have defeated the Avengers and taken over the planet long ago.

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ducey13 said:
@mark_stephen said:
@ducey13 said:
@mark_stephen said:
@ducey13 said:
@mark_stephen said:
@ducey13 said:
@mark_stephen said:
@ducey13 said:
@theexile285 said:

And Tony is?

@mark_stephen said:

Neither.

Tony Stark has saved millions of lives. Kingpin's never saved anyone but himself. Tony not only started the Avengers, he funded them. Without his mind and money they would have needed other sponsors. Jen was a consenting adult. If he had never sent Hulk there they'd still be enslaved by the Red King. Has me made mistakes? Sure. But if Tony was really a super villain he would have defeated the Avengers and taken over the planet long ago.

That would ruin his image. Tony was part of the Avengers from the start, he didn't found them, he was a member like any of them. He gave them the Mansion but they all had enough wealth to fund the team. Jan, Hank, Thor... with the possible exception of the Hulk they all had or could easily get money. Go to any woman and describe how Tony treated Jen and then give them 'she was a consenting adult' line and see how they react. See if they think his behavior was ok. I haven't found a woman yet who thinks it was, though I have found your attitude among many men. The people of Hulkworld might still be enslaved by the Red King, but they'd still be alive. He has not made mistakes, he has committed crimes and he has gotten away with them. Look at Frontline issue number 11, everything he did during the first cw is laid out there.

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

@ianbareilles: I agree with you although it kind is her fault i'll explain. Carol disregarded the warning Tony had told her. Carol knew Thanos was coming and didn't bring enough back up. Thanos a massive threat a S Rank Villain getting ambushed by a small handful of heroes that are no where near strong enough to take on Thanos. (With the exception of Blue Marvel who did nothing). Look at the heroes that fought with Carol NONE of them couldn't even lay a scratch on him and what's worse Thanos was actually weakened...NOW that's saying something.

So this kinda is Carols fault...knowing that Thanos was coming she neglected to bring back up thus getting She-Hulk on life support and paralyzed and Rhodey killed. Yes she couldn't have known this was going to happen, but she knew who she was dealing with and ultimately made a bad call and got two people killed.

The only positive thing that came out of this is that Thanos is behind bars.

Except thats not what his warning was about and not what he is angry about. Heck is warning only warned about one thing, innocent people being persecuted before commiting a crime since its not necessarily gonna happpen, he even basically said it is fine to use against cosmic threats that are either gonna show up or not.

Carol wouldn't have had the option to make that mistake she did without the future vision instead she would have reacted to the attack on that facility without knowing who it was and an even smaller team when it happened. And lets be honest on Thanos here the reason in-universe her team was insufficient was not because she made a stupid decision, then she would have been called out on it, its because with Bendis writing this IS a sufficient team to fight Thanos, hence why he wasn't stomping them left and right.

Tony somehow just says looking into the future = Rhodey dying = Him being right about future visions = him taking an innocent man into captivity /= the persecution of innocents he actually warned about

CobraCommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stahlflamme: Yeah I see what you mean however, I think the result would remain the same. If she didn't know Carol would have shown up with lesser people and somebody would have died. The thing is she knew about it and felt she could take care of it. Carol IS kinda to blame for those deaths. And I agree with Tony ( Tony having a fit and said Rhody isn't on her team) he's right right why invite him and not the Avengers???

But Tony is also in the wrong He needs to calm down.

So I'm just going to wait and see what happens in issue two. Of course Bendis has some tricks up his sleeve