Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff
No Caption Provided

Preview: CHAMPIONS #1

(W) Mark Waid (A/CA) Humberto Ramos

Following the fallout of CIVIL WAR II, Avengers Ms. Marvel, Nova and Spider-Man strike out on their own - joined by Cyclops, Viv Vision and the Totally Awesome Hulk! Six young heroes determined to change the world - and they're only the beginning!

Rated T

In Shops: Oct 05, 2016SRP: $4.99

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Champion99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

She really thought they could do repairs with no money? Is it me or is that the most foolish reason to quit?

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She really thought they could do repairs with no money? Is it me or is that the most foolish reason to quit?

Well she IS young...so I mean that's no surprise for her to act out like that. But yeah your right foolish reason to quit.

igilistr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormphoenix: She just probably cant stand it there anymore and just take first chace for it. And frankly, i cant blame her.

nappystr8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 5

I've generally been a reader of team books, and not solos, but I haven't been able to get into any of the Marvel team books in quite some time. Sadly this does not look to be the book that will bring me back on board. At least both the Titans books at DC finally seem to be back on track.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@igilistr said:

@stormphoenix: She just probably cant stand it there anymore and just take first chace for it. And frankly, i cant blame her.

I understand her reason why she quit, but I mean what can she possibly do about it......the Avengers are BROKE. Unless she has some money to through up I wouldn't be saying anything.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damn kids

casper4690

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sigh

Bl00dwerK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

54 covers and they'll claim it sold well.

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes. Give the kiddies their own comic and keep them off the Avengers.

Avatar image for thatlyn_yoaeg_ill_rymmin
Thatlyn Yoaeg'ill'rymmin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That may be the first time that I buy more than one copy couse variants...

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah.

GreenScar1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

Too bad that Marvel can't do the same by giving Bruce Banner/Hulk, Thor Odinson, Steve Rogers/Captain America and others their own books (with them remaining intact and without them being cast aside, or have their history butchered by lame PR stunts that involve either race, gender, politics, religion, or whatever lame idea Axel Alonso & company wish to shove down our throats) while giving the newbies their own titles to pay homage to the established, popular legacy characters.

Maybe Marvel should take DC's Rebirth as a prime example, huh? Maybe then they wouldn't be losing in sales & losing long-time readers/fans of said respected & beloved legacy characters.

Am I right?

Thatlyn Yoaeg'ill'rymmin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for artisticneedham
ArtisticNeedham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@champion99: She is upset because none of the heroes seem to take damages into consideration. Even from issue One she got mad at Nova for the same thing. She is quitting because she sees the damage and the innocent people who have no money and didn't cause it. By quitting she may be making a Statement. Also Sam/Cap and the others treat her, spider-Miles, and Nova like stupid kids. Fired her and Nova out of anger pretty much.

wowlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If these are the new ''Top team'' of the future... Earth is doomed.

Thatlyn Yoaeg'ill'rymmin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They need only another female member, and they are perfect :) [Gwenpoole? uhmmm I guess it will be too soon... a magic/mythical one? From Asgard or Olympus...]

jayskee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why not just make them a new version of the young avengers?

sparty-dbq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Somewhere off in the distance, Deadpool senses the screams of a thousand chimichangas, and are suddenly silenced.

Thatlyn Yoaeg'ill'rymmin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayskee said:

So the "fans" don't start to cry "oh no, another Avengers Title? It's laaaaaame..."

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wowlock said:

Then it really will need some avenging...

BlueHope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By BlueHope

@jayskee said:

Maybe Marvel wanted their teenager team to have a cooler name like their DC counterpart the Titans/TeenTitans.

mechhead42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

is it just me or does the champions logo look almost exactly like the Cleveland Cavaliers logo?

TrueMarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scouterv said:
@wowlock said:

I disagree with both of you actually.

• Miles is basically mini Spider-man(with more powers and honestly a greater combat potential In the future)
  • Khamala Khan is basically mini Mr. Fantastic(With better combat skills imo, because Mr. Fan never used his powers as well as Khan's is displayed. Khan is more so about enlargement)
  • Cho is mini Hulk (but is Smarter thus is a better team player than original hulk could ever be)
  • Viv is mini Vision (probably weaker as of now, but I don't see why she can't reach her dad's level)
  • Cyclops is Cyclops.... (Since adult scott's powers were enhanced by Pheonix Force I doubt Mini Scott will reach his level naturally)
  • Nova is mini Nova(but I doubt he will ever reach Rider's potential)

You have to take into account that they are teens right now, and at least 3 of them have the potential to surpass the the adult versions of their powersets. So as long as they are the team of the FUTURE. They can be formindable. There have been weaker Avenger teams.

So hypothetically it would be a team of a (enhanced)Spider-man, (enhanced)Mr Fantastic, (Smarter)Hulk, Vision, Cyclops, and Nova

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Didn't we already have this exact same preview a while ago, just without all of the variants?

Ezekael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Ezekael

Get ready True Believers! The title you didn't want staring the characters you revile is coming to a comic shop near you! Tired of boring old has-beens like Captain "born before my grandparents were" America, stuck-up white-privileged Iron Man, and "Its a Brand New Day!" Spider-Man? Well look no further than the Champions!!! Here you will get all the hyper-diversity, childish antics, and terrible replacements you ever dreamed of! The target audience? Obviously all you kids under 18 who can afford $4 a comic book! Wait... you can't afford it? No worries! We no longer care about sales! Just illegally download it in your spare time. We are going to keep it going even after its orders drop below 20k a month because we KNOW YOU NEED THIS BOOK!

Excelsior!

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wastelandman said:

Too bad that Marvel can't do the same by giving Bruce Banner/Hulk, Thor Odinson, Steve Rogers/Captain America and others their own books (with them remaining intact and without them being cast aside, or have their history butchered by lame PR stunts that involve either race, gender, politics, religion, or whatever lame idea Axel Alonso & company wish to shove down our throats) while giving the newbies their own titles to pay homage to the established, popular legacy characters.

Maybe Marvel should take DC's Rebirth as a prime example, huh? Maybe then they wouldn't be losing in sales & losing long-time readers/fans of said respected & beloved legacy characters.

Am I right?

^x9000000000000000

TheLurker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By TheLurker

They need only another female member, and they are perfect :) [Gwenpoole? uhmmm I guess it will be too soon... a magic/mythical one? From Asgard or Olympus...]

Fake Enchantress? Forgot her name.

TheLurker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By TheLurker
@nappystr8 said:

I've generally been a reader of team books, and not solos, but I haven't been able to get into any of the Marvel team books in quite some time. Sadly this does not look to be the book that will bring me back on board. At least both the Titans books at DC finally seem to be back on track.

That Damien kidnapping though On a serious note, that was only a minor gripe to what I thought was a pretty decent first issue.

harlequinreala

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scouterv said:
@wowlock said:

• Miles is basically mini Spider-man(with more powers and honestly a greater combat potential In the future)
  • Khamala Khan is basically mini Mr. Fantastic(With better combat skills imo, because Mr. Fan never used his powers as well as Khan's is displayed. Khan is more so about enlargement)
  • Cho is mini Hulk (but is Smarter thus is a better team player than original hulk could ever be)
  • Viv is mini Vision (probably weaker as of now, but I don't see why she can't reach her dad's level)
  • Cyclops is Cyclops.... (Since adult scott's powers were enhanced by Pheonix Force I doubt Mini Scott will reach his level naturally)

You have to take into account that they are teens right now, and at least 3 of them have the potential to surpass the the adult versions of their powersets. So as long as they are the team of the FUTURE. They can be formindable. There have been weaker Avenger teams.

So hypothetically it would be a team of a (enhanced)Spider-man, (enhanced)Mr Fantastic, (Smarter)Hulk, Vision, Cyclops, and Nova

Cho is smarter than Banner?

werst9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koujimoreno: think he means in hulk form, also he might be in general smarter. cant be that much of a difference.

werst9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bluehope: I'm pretty sure they want to distance themselves from the Avengers completely. calling yourselves the Young Avengers still makes you an Avenger in name at least.

werst9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@igilistr: It's the straw that breaks the camels back. After the what happened between her and Captain Marvel, getting fired from the Avengers, watching Banners murder and all the other crap shes gone through since joining the Avengers why would she want to stay?

Thatlyn Yoaeg'ill'rymmin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thatlyn_yoaeg_ill_rymmin said:

Leah? Well, maybe is a good idea... but I'm not sure...

Thatlyn Yoaeg'ill'rymmin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koujimoreno: Yes. Many "high brain" in Marvel [Reed Richards, Banner, Stark and so] have often pointed out that Chò was the 7th Smartest person in the World, but that he was only a teen agers, and that with age and proper studies, i will surpass them... so Cho is smarter than Banner [but maybe he have less studies and training]

Tantani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormphoenix: @champion99: not fooling at all, she can't stand the idea that after every avengers mission they leave the citizens with tons of damage and not helping them recover from that

It makes a lot of sense that she want to help without making hurting those civilians more damage

Especially after civil war were many civilians got hurt for crimes they didn't commit

harlequinreala

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koujimoreno: Yes. Many "high brain" in Marvel [Reed Richards, Banner, Stark and so] have often pointed out that Chò was the 7th Smartest person in the World, but that he was only a teen agers, and that with age and proper studies, i will surpass them... so Cho is smarter than Banner [but maybe he have less studies and training]

Sorry, I'm not understanding. You're saying he has the potential to be smarter or is straight smarter than Banner?

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tantani: Again, that's fine. I understand and I can sympathize with that, but if she wants to help get people back on their feet? Ask her this.....Do you have money?

Thatlyn Yoaeg'ill'rymmin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sorry, I'm not understanding. You're saying he has the potential to be smarter or is straight smarter than Banner?

Some years ago, in Hulk comics, Cho had the potential to be smarter than Banner. Now, I haven't readed the new series with Hulk-Chò, so I don't know if he is increased to or above Banner level

Tantani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wowlock said:

No, this is freaking strong team, their only problem is that the don't have any magic user and I am not sure if they have money (is Cho rich?)

@scouterv said:
@wowlock said:

here is my opinion on the character

Spiderman- already 1 shotted not Peter Parker without his armor and venom, has more powers than Peter and training from the Ultimates (from the ultimate universe), from Peter himself and from the avenger. Has plenty of experience (unlike many people will claim). peter even said that he is much better trained than he was in his teenage years

Ms Marvel- she has training from the Inhumans and from the avengers and was both seen and claimed to be really good in h2h combat, she can grow sevreal times bigger than devil dinosaur, kick metal doors and fan down easely and keep showing creative ways to use her power, if it isn't enough she can shape shift he body to look like whoever she want (I know she lost it, but she got it back recently)

cho mayby weaker than Bruce by far by feat, but he has the exact same amount of gama radiation, so he has the same infinite power potential

same thing with viv, she doesn't has her father feats, but she has all his powers and abilities and potential

cyclops- I don't know him at all so i don't have an option about him

Nova might not be Richard Rider, but he still can move light years in no time, hurt BRB level being, absord energy etc, we need to wait and see what happend after he got out of the world mind, if he now has access to it and if (major spoiler to the nova series) if Richard Rider will train him now or something

Tantani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormphoenix: well, no, she doesn't

both kamala and miles has huge potential of getting rich in the future (according to their teams investigations in the science fair, although we don't really know how big were their parts), anyway, they are the Avengers, they need to take responsibility to the damage somehow (although i believ that it isn't really fair to demand that from them)

imo, she is leaving as a statement

I still wander who will found the champions, is cho rich?

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tantani: The funny thing is she is going to do the exact same thing, but with the Champions. So this whole thing if her having an issue about not cleaning up.....kinda doesn't make sense. LOL

Avatar image for indomitableregal
IndomitableRegal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Agreed. Even if they had the money and supplies, like Sam said, none of them even know how to fix any of it.

is it just me or does the champions logo look almost exactly like the Cleveland Cavaliers logo?

I thought I was the only one, especially with the red interior.

Tantani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormphoenix: how do you know that?

Cho probably know how to fix staff

The only question is money, Cho or cyclops have money?

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Mooty_Pass

@tantani: They are all KIDS. They have NO money. So if Kamala wants to help people rebuild their homes she WILL need money.

Cho- He can't rebuild every single building they drop on an enemy or a railroad or a power plant.

Kid Cyclops- Just as broke as Kamala.

But your asking me how I know? Easy: two of them still live with their parents, one is a semi orphan, one lives with his sister, ones an android and one is a space cop and also a semi orphan. And you think they have money to help people?

Nah.

nappystr8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 5

@thelurker: That was actually my favorite part. So many books have started out with similar kidnappings of group characters, and even though I should have expected who it was, it caught me completely by surprise. I can't wait to find out what that character's plan is.

TheLurker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nappystr8: But what about all those slave traffickers who won't be put to justice :( Just kidding. I don't want an all out fight, but I hope they aren't completely okay with it when on the next issue. Also it seemed kind of weird that a little boy managed switch out the wardrobe of two older women. :P Even then, I'm not as bothered with who did it as a lot people. Having an over powered Robin actually reminds me of the original TT series. What Damien pulled off here seems like something that Robin from the show could do easily.

JamesSpiring

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@tantani said:

@stormphoenix: well, no, she doesn't

both kamala and miles has huge potential of getting rich in the future (according to their teams investigations in the science fair, although we don't really know how big were their parts), anyway, they are the Avengers, they need to take responsibility to the damage somehow (although i believ that it isn't really fair to demand that from them)

imo, she is leaving as a statement

I still wander who will found the champions, is cho rich?

The founder is Kamala, that's why these pages focus on her. Nova and Spidey have already quit the Avengers (as has Iron Man), so I assume she'll ask those two to join her first. Then Viv and Amadeus will show up. Cyclops joins in issue 2.

JamesSpiring

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thelurker said:

Leah? Well, maybe is a good idea... but I'm not sure...

Her name is Sylvie. She was most recently on the Hood's Illuminati team, which disbanded in that title's final issue.

JamesSpiring

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@werst9 said:

@bluehope: I'm pretty sure they want to distance themselves from the Avengers completely. calling yourselves the Young Avengers still makes you an Avenger in name at least.

Yeah, I'd rather see that name adopted by Striker, Finesse, Hazmat, and a few other former Academy students - Anya Corazon needs a new home with Web Warriors cancelled. Could include Stinger if they want an original member. The Champions are trying to establish themselves as their own brand.