Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff
No Caption Provided

BLACK PANTHER #5

(W) Ta-Nehisi Coates (A) Chris Sprouse (CA) Brian Stelfreeze

"A SWORD FOR LIONS" STARTS NOW!

• Ta-Nehisi Coates is joined by guest artist and modern master Chris Sprouse for the second arc chronicling the final days of the kingdom of Wakanda!

• As Zenzi and The People poison the citizens of Wakanda against the Black Panther, a cabal of nation-breakers is assembled...

• With his allies dwindling, T'Challa must rely on his elite secret police, the Hatut Zeraze, and fellow Avenger Eden Fesi, a.k.a. Manifold!

• Meanwhile, Shuri's spirit journeys through The Djalia...but what awaits her there?

Rated T

In Shops: Aug 10, 2016SRP: $3.99

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

FINALLY it's picking up. It was getting very boring in the first 2 issues, but NOW it's getting good.

wowlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Those suicide bombers look a lot like how Tony Stark and his reactor thing looks O.o

Koop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wowlock: they actually are reactors, I believe. Zeke Stane planted those on them. Coates said for this issue, you should read Secret Wars and Iron Man: Five Nightmares which features Stane.

Gotham331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I need to catch up. I haven't read 3 or 4 yet

mrkareemruiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

looks good

wowlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koop said:

@wowlock: they actually are reactors, I believe. Zeke Stane planted those on them. Coates said for this issue, you should read Secret Wars and Iron Man: Five Nightmares which features Stane.

I knew I saw those reactors before. Of course it is from Zeke Stane... I guess giving them suits instead of turning into suicide bombers would be ''too expensive'' for him :D

Ezekael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've spoken to a lot of folks that read issues 1 and 2 and dumped the title because it was moving slow. All I can say to those folks is that they jumped off the train too fast! Issue 3 picks up a lot and issue 4 is an adrenaline rush. This is probably the smartest title being written by Marvel right now. The only comic left that has any tone relation to what Hickman was doing at Marvel over the past half a decade.

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

Why does Wakanda's flag have a Red Panther rather than a Black one?

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ezekael: @gotham331:You must it picks up right after 3. Issue 1&2 was so BORING!! but yes it picks up fast. Now it's getting VERY interesting i'm guessing there will be a civil war in Wakanda. And on issue 7 it appears T'challa calls upon a few superhero friends to back him up.

Why does Wakanda's flag have a Red Panther rather than a Black one?

No Idea, but good eye.

Ezekael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This issue was amazing. This is my current favorite series across all publishers now.