Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff
No Caption Provided

BATMAN TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES #2

(W) James TynionIV (A/CA) Freddie Williams

Trapped in a world where they can scarcely tell friend from foe, the Turtles' first encounter with the Dark Knight puts their fighting skills to the ultimate test. And while Batman and scientist Lucius Fox search for any clue as to where these strange ninjas come from, Shredder strikes a deal with The Penguin! Co-published with IDW!

Item Code: NOV150250In Shops: 1/13/2016SRP: $3.99

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

This is great and all, but will there be pizza.

Batman3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

Fight looks like Bruce will win.

John-PH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shit, this artwork looks better then the first issue

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#4  Edited By Lvenger

Considering what Gregg Katzman said in his blog for Midtown Comics, I have a feeling Batman might end up defeating both the TMNT and Master Splinter in this fight. Also, why is Splinter just hanging back whilst his sons fight a dangerous enemy? No matter, I can hardly wait to find out what happens in this issue, this looks like the plot will be going places after the first issue's slow set up. Now we're getting the meat of the crossover. Art also looks much better than the first issue, wonder if that's just due to the action sequences or something else.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By micah007123

@lvenger: I feel as though Splinter will stalemate Bats and might even ward him off. The opening fight against the Turtles is going about what I expected, the Turtles appear to be pressuring him all together however Batman keeps the advantage by singling them out. I expect Leo and Raph to obviously do the best, with the latter's aggression creating an easy opening for Bats.

CitizenJP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By CitizenJP

Loved the first issue. Kind of how I imagined that fight would go lol.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nightfang: Yes. In the background on top of the building in panel 2

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@micah: I'm thinking Raph gonna get beating the worst.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nightfang: He can take it lol, just makes him madder. I imagine that Leo would be the only turtle to impress Batman in a one on one fight.

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The artwork is great.

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By NightFang3

@micah: I had to enlarge the page to see Splinter cause I thought he was captured by the Foot.

@micah: Lol, unless Bruce hits Raph with the Batmobile and from what I remember in a CBR or Newsarama interview James said Leo will be Bruce's Dick Grayson whale Raph will be his Jason Todd.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nightfang: I got you.

Ohhhhh I did not know that. That's an incredible direction to take the crossover and makes alot of sense. I would imagine interactions with Raph would be a great chance for Batman to correct his mistakes and show us how he could have better handled Jason. Wow, I cannot wait for tomorrow.

ms__omega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The art looks good.

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@micah said:

@nightfang: I got you.

Ohhhhh I did not know that. That's an incredible direction to take the crossover and makes alot of sense. I would imagine interactions with Raph would be a great chance for Batman to correct his mistakes and show us how he could have better handled Jason. Wow, I cannot wait for tomorrow.

In the interview Jamies said the turtles with the exception of Raph take a liking to Bruce once they get to know him, so Bruce takes Raph to Crime Alley and explains his origin.

ScrappyDont27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

TMNT should team up with everybody!

JewishDork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Love seeing Freddie Williams draw TMNT characters. Have thought about buying one of his TMNT commissions on his website.

Avatar image for medulaoblaganda
medulaoblaganda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

galeme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I'm so hyped.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#20  Edited By tparks  Online

Seriously JT? Having Mikey make stupid pizza jokes while his brothers are being attacked by Batman, and doing it in a public restaurant where everyone can see him? Seriously?

I get that you want to put some pizza jokes in, but have some respect for the characters. Well, I was not a fan of the first issue, and this preview has me less then thrilled about the next. I wish I had it in me not to buy this issue and support what has been pretty poor writing so far, but I know that he could spit on blank pages and slap a Batman and Turtles cover on and I still couldn't resist spending money on it. Lol.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#21  Edited By entropy_aegis

Lets just hope CV doesn't lose it's mind when Batman beats up certain characters. The first issue was just ok.

This folks is proof that Batman doesn't skip leg day.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Lvenger
Batman3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@medulaoblaganda: Glad to see I'm not the only one. Unless you're being sarcastic...

fables87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

This looks like a fun read!

luciferjonez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By luciferjonez

I hate these crossover team up books. I won't crack the spine on principal alone.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

@entropy_aegis: The same could be said if the turtles beat Bruce.

I actually hope they do, since everyone seems to think Bruce will win.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@entropy_aegis: The same could be said if the turtles beat Bruce.

I actually hope they do, since everyone seems to think Bruce will win.

True but people here just dismiss Batman victories as wank and bias,still the fight happened and it went exactly how people here assumed it would,predictable is still better than stupid. None of them looked bad though,however Batman villains have been getting owned in this series.

There's a possible Shredder vs Bane match up in the making,the foot clan just diced a few mercs who warned Shredder he didn't know who he was messing with. Could be someone else though.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

@entropy_aegis: I see how it's stupid if Bats or the Turtles win. Sure some people might rage if Bruce does, but more will rage if he loses.

Whereas it's perfectly conceivable for either side to win.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Lvenger

@entropy_aegis:

Oh those mercs were possibly Bane's men? Tynion does use Bane in a lot of his stories so I wouldn't be surprised if he shows up here, a Bane cartel vs Foot Clan war would make an epic conflict for Batman and the TMNT to interfere in.

Pretty good Batman vs TMNT fight, a big improvement over the first issue, fight went down almost as I imagined it would. Both in terms of what happened in the issue and my personal views on the fight. I know some TMNT fans who'll be annoyed about how the fight goes. Would have liked it if Splinter sparred with Batman for longer than a page though.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By entropy_aegis

@entropy_aegis: I see how it's stupid if Bats or the Turtles win. Sure some people might rage if Bruce does, but more will rage if he loses.

Whereas it's perfectly conceivable for either side to win.

Yeah but many here just like seeing Batman lose so that he could be knocked down a peg,if people can give good reasons as to why the Turtles should win then I have no problem.

But yeah either side can win,I'll agree to that.

@lvenger said:

@entropy_aegis:

Oh those mercs were possibly Bane's men? Tynion does use Bane in a lot of his stories so I wouldn't be surprised if he shows up here, a Bane cartel vs Foot Clan war would make an epic conflict for Batman and the TMNT to interfere in.

Pretty good Batman vs TMNT fight, a big improvement over the first issue, fight went down almost as I imagined it would. Both in terms of what happened in the issue and my personal views on the fight. I know some TMNT fans who'll be annoyed about how the fight goes. Would have liked it if Splinter sparred with Batman for longer than a page though.

It's possible,Tynion's depiction of Bane in Talon was great so as long as he sticks to that it should be cool but I'm not sure. It's just a guess but who else could be a worthy match for the Shredder?

The issue was definitely better but I hope Tynion has enough plot to fill out 6 months worth of stories. The novelty factor should wear off in the next issue. The fights were cool but yeah could have been longer but I guess that's what happens when you dont want anyone to look bad.

Avatar image for heraldofganthet
HeraldofGanthet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@entropy_aegis:

Lets just hope CV doesn't lose it's mind when Batman beats up certain characters. The first issue was just ok.

This folks is proof that Batman doesn't skip leg day.

LMAO!!!

Avatar image for medulaoblaganda
medulaoblaganda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batman3000: batman always win in any crossover. he easily defeated carnage, out smarted daredevil and captain america. lol.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

#34  Edited By amazing_webhead

Arkham Knight-style takedown!

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@micah said:

@lvenger: I feel as though Splinter will stalemate Bats and might even ward him off. The opening fight against the Turtles is going about what I expected, the Turtles appear to be pressuring him all together however Batman keeps the advantage by singling them out. I expect Leo and Raph to obviously do the best, with the latter's aggression creating an easy opening for Bats.

Looks like you were pretty much right on the money with your predictions since that's almost exactly what happens. Leo and Raph did the best out of the Turtles in the fight. Though it's Splinter who fights evenly with Batman but then throws down a smoke bomb to sneak away.

Avatar image for BappyRonChantin
BappyRonChantin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By BappyRonChantin

I am rooting for my boy Donatello to come up with some short of device and bust Batman's a*s

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By micah007123

@lvenger: Sweeeet. Now all we need is for Batman to face off against Shredder to see where he stands.

Epyon007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I might have to start reading this

Batman3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers