User Lists: 15

No Caption Provided

jim158

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

What universe does this story take place in??

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

@jim158 said:

What universe does this story take place in??

Earth-18119, a universe recreated from Battleworld after Secret Wars by Mr. Fantastic.

This is the official reality where OMD did not happen and thus Peter and MJ remain married with the daughter they were always destined to have. Also, this universe is more of a spiritual successor to the Secret Wars tie in of the same name cause all the heroes like Iron Man, Captain Marvel and the Fantastic Four are still alive. The only thing that carried over was the Spider Family and the Conflict with Regent (though the conflict was much smaller in scale and Regent didn't destroy the superhero community).

This is the universe we would have had if OMD never happened or even Civil War.

Some believe its the manifestation of the Spider Marriage Mephisto stole from Peter and MJ and that it will some day be transferred over or merged with Earth 616 to finally retcon OMD.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ItsaWorld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Whuzzawuaa?! I was alerted to this thread and I am very sad I didn't notice it before!!! HULLO!

I'm going to say I have not been a big fan of MJ or Annie's suit. MJ's Spinneret attire has grown on me. You read issue 2 and see her suit up and suddenly I really enjoy it and I'm thinking, 'if i was hot I'd cosplay that!'

As for Annie's I think it's really the headgear that causes us to steer away. In other pictures, setting up for this issue, they show her suiting up. Her without the helmet looks great, but then she dawns the headgear and suddenly its -12 to image. It's the helmet that kills the whole thing. You can deal with the padding, you can tolerate the shoes to a point, but it's the helmet.

Just look at images with the helmet and without!

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

I never thought I'd see such positivist about an ASM book. So loving this book.

@ursaber said:
@nicksmi56 said:

Both Annie and MJ need better costumes >_<

Yeah, though MJ more than Annie. MJ's footwear and the design in her waist seem a little odd. Her hairstyle will change occasionally though. Maybe a slight redesign in how her costume looks.

Annie's suit looks good enough as it has all that protection what with the helmet, the knee pads and elbow pads. It looks good for a kid. I wouldn't want to see and 8 year old kid with just tights to fight crime. Peter is NOT Batman LOL

I like MJ's outfit a lot. I would rather there be no cuffs on the boots tho and the mask would be cooler if it covered her neck and face excluding the mouth and hair like Spider-Woman's old outfit.

I think Annie's outfit would be perfect if they made the chest plate the same color blue as the rest of her suit.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@itsaworld: @teerack:

I like Annie's helmet. The chest armor can be improved though. She looks over protected, which is good and its what I would do if I had a kid.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

As for MJ's the cuffs on the shoes and the design of her waist. She looks like she has really short tight jeans with a skin suit underneath it except the whole thing is connected.

No Caption Provided

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#59  Edited By Teerack

@ursaber: I think the waste looks really good. It uses leading lines really smartly your mind sees her in a one piece kinda tunic like wonder woman or something without her actually being skimpy.

I just want her to have a bigger mask more then anything else about her costume like this.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By ursaber

@teerack:

I get your drift. I'd have to see how it looks on her but I'm very optimistic about the idea and can see what you're getting at.

Something like this as well:

No Caption Provided

I like this Captain Marvel look but for MJ it would be better without the head covered so the hair flows freely.

The forehead, the sides and the jaw must be covered but the hair and the mouth and lower face must be revealed.

benwoodtweet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This and Miles book. These are all that matter to me. I read Gwen's for a while but got board with it. All I do now is hope and pray they have Peter Punch Mephisto in his stupid face and undo everything making it into this universe. I hope.... but hopes are often dashed.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This and Miles book. These are all that matter to me. I read Gwen's for a while but got board with it. All I do now is hope and pray they have Peter Punch Mephisto in his stupid face and undo everything making it into this universe. I hope.... but hopes are often dashed.

Then I have something for you :D

1- Spider Man PUNCHES Mephisto in his STUPID FACE!

No Caption Provided

2- MJ flips Mephisto

No Caption Provided

3- Spider Man's PUNCH and MJ's middle finger summon Doctor Strange and he lifts the demon spell on both of them allowing for their eternal love to resurface and drive Mephisto away.

No Caption Provided

4- Renew Your Vows

No Caption Provided

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By ZariusII

@el_tio_este: People don't have to accept the change if the change is stupid and unneccersary, and goes completly against the spirit of the character. Slott apologists defend any old crap so long as it's "different", and while Peter and MJ as parents is different, it makes sense for their character growth, and they're kept regular like you and me. Spider-Man is about the everyman.

And blackspidey is fooling himself when he says most people agree with you, ASM has been tanking in sales lately and the consensus is most people want him off the book

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By ursaber

@zariusii said:

@el_tio_este: People don't have to accept the change if the change is stupid and unneccersary, and goes completly against the spirit of the character. Slott apologists defend any old crap so long as it's "different", and while Peter and MJ as parents is different, it makes sense for their character growth, and they're kept regular like you and me. Spider-Man is about the everyman.

And blackspidey is fooling himself when he says most people agree with you, ASM has been tanking in sales lately and the consensus is most people want him off the book

^^^^^HALLELUJAH, HALLELUJAH^^^^^

GeekMangacomic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#65  Edited By GeekMangacomic

@thelurker:

Danielle Cage (from the future) is a Captain America in U.S.Avengers actually.