Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN RENEW YOUR VOWS #2

No Caption Provided

(W) Gerry Conway (A/CA) Ryan Stegman

• The Mole Man attacks NYC and only the Spider-Family can stop him!

• Mary Jane Watson Parker gets her first real test as a full-fledged super hero!

Rated T

OCT160889 In Shops: Dec 14, 2016 SRP: $3.99

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

So... did MJ get spiderpoweres as well?

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

@outside_85: left over tech from the SEcret Wars RYV story was used to give her Spider power by Peter.

BR_Havoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Yeah first issue kicked ass, this is one of the three Marvel books I'm going to follow.

StellatedColt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By StellatedColt

Lit Lit Lit Lit!

helloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope the second issue is as good as the first.

Maddpanda531

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Now this is Spider-Man. It'd be great if Marvel took Slott off ASM in favor of Conway once RYV ends.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

They dropped the price one dollar. neat

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#8  Edited By dernman

I don't like Mary having powers but its still better than Slott.

werst9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By werst9

@dernman: I think it works well just so they don't have to similar a dynamic to Tomasi superman and we don't have to deal with the I can't be with you cause I put you in danger bs they like to retread all the time with spiderman

Avatar image for superior_prime_maybe
superior_prime_maybe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Ryan Stegman was born to draw Spider-man. Loved his run on Superior Spider-man

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#11  Edited By dernman

@werst9 said:

@dernman: I think it works well just so they don't have to similar a dynamic to Tomasi superman and we don't have to deal with the I can't be with you cause I put you in danger bs theu like to retread all the time with spiderman

Considering how long they've been married and especially them having a kid not to mention one with her own powers they've long past that point where they can do the I can't be with you thing. So that's not really an excuse for her to have them.

Avatar image for spiderhyphenman
spiderhyphenman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stegman and Conway are great together!mmmmmm bellissimo!

kiba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By kiba

So happy with this book. Just this little preview has me excited and smiling. Nothing from marvel lately has me feeling this way. And I'm thrilled MJ has these powers. A great on how a marriage is about shared responsibility. And that cover with the three of them together. How can anyone see that and not say "awwww"?

Blue Son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Okay, can SOMEONE end the confusion for me. WHICH UNIVERSE IS THIS TAKING PLACE IN?! Not the current Marvel Universe right?

Avatar image for spiderhyphenman
spiderhyphenman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blue_son: No. Alternate universe/territory from secret wars.

Aros001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Now if only we could get Peter and MJ back together in the main universe. Keep the company because there's good story and character potential in it but we want the marriage back, preferably by Spidey going to Hell and fighting Mephisto to win it back.

Blue Son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aros001:

Yeah, but isn't there currently a Gwen Stacey clone in the main universe now? What are the odds that's who Marvel picks to be Peter's love interest and potential wife.

BR_Havoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By BR_Havoc

@aros001: They could easily get rid of it by just having Aunt May die in a way that voids the deal.

Aros001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@br_havoc said:

@aros001: They could easily get rid of it by just having Aunt May die in a way that voids the deal.

But that's not nearly as interesting of a story and none of the character will learn anything or have risked anything. Not to mention how would Aunt May dying in any way void the deal? The deal simply was that Mephisto would save May's life after she got shot that one time. Anything after that he has no responsibility for.

I'm not saying that she can't die, but it has to actually mean something. Having her view Peter and MJ's happiness as being worth more than her own life? That's interesting and great character drama. Having her just die so that the deal is somehow undone is boring and no one's character grows or improves in the least.

I'm actually very hopeful about the deal being undone in a good way given that the main series (as well as Spider-Man and Deadpool's crossovers) show that the writers are well aware of the deal and it's effects. From Mephisto taunting Peter about what he doesn't know he's lost to Aunt May coughing up a bit of blood when Spidey, MJ, and Tony try and remember the exact details of when they lived in Avenger's tower during the JMS run.

No Caption Provided

I don't want them to take the cheap way out and have them act like the deal never happened, I want them to make an awesome story out of it and I'm hoping that these are hints that they will do just that.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@br_havoc: @aros001:

Point in case, reality was altered and so reality must be altered back. The future in current Earth 616 continuity is a false one.

• Reed and Franklin, in their omnipotence, could detect an anomaly in Earth 616 and discover the happenings of OMD which is spreading and affecting other characters such as Hulk and Wolverine which led to their deaths. Reed summons Peter and MJ revealing the devil deal and they work together to recover the marriage and merge Earth 616 and RYV together to neutralize OMD and OMIT and restore Spider Man's true progression.
  • Alternatively Aunt May can be made to remember that Peter and MJ were once married but doesn't understand why they're not today. She looks through some old photo albums after losing Jay and finds a picture of Peter and MJ on their wedding day. The One Above All placed it there because its time he fulfilled his promise to Peter that he would get his happily ever after. Aunt May kinda becomes the protagonist of this story as further investigation reveals to her the happenings of OMD and how she is the cause, the obstacle between Peter and MJ and their future.
  • Or Mephisto can be made the prime villain of the Marvel Universe. He's been manipulating everything since Civil War which is revealed to be his handiwork and that Nitro, the villain that escalated the Superhuman Registration Act was his minion. OMD, Dark Reign, Avengers vs X-Men, AXIS, all these events that had devastating effects upon the heroes of the Marvel Universe were all his doing. He has a plan to unleash a cosmic bomb that will consume the whole universe in malevolent demonic energy and contaminate everything therefore having good triumph over evil. When he is defeated, the effects he had on the Marvel Universe can be restored and entering into its own Rebirth. OMD would be retconned.

I'd rather just erase everything that happened after OMD and replace it with RYV which after one issue is already leagues better than the entire volume of current Amazing Spider Man.

DanMarshall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superior_prime_maybe: that wasnt very long though it was like 4 or 5 issues he did but his issues did look the best.

BlueHope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By BlueHope

I like the story but god I hate their costumes,mainly the shoes and masks.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bluehope said:

I like the story but god I hate their costumes,mainly the shoes and masks.

Annie's is ok. She's a kid, so designing her with kneepads and helmets is similar to how parents train their kids to run on bycicles which is a good comparison to the new superhero family dynamic.

MJ's on the other hand is... not very appealing. The shoes and the hair and the red accents in her waist make hero look really weird. She looks like she's in a zumba class or something. A pony tail would've been better than that 1950 something bun on her head.

Ezekael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After years of being done with collecting Spider-Man (after buying it monthly from 1986 until the late 200's) I'm finally back on board. This is my Peter Parker.

I'm sure Bendis or Slott will get butt-hurt that its exists/does well and get it ruined/replaced.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ezekael said:

After years of being done with collecting Spider-Man (after buying it monthly from 1986 until the late 200's) I'm finally back on board. This is my Peter Parker.

I'm sure Bendis or Slott will get butt-hurt that its exists/does well and get it ruined/replaced.

Why would Bendis be butt hurt?