Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck
No Caption Provided

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #13

(W) Dan Slott (A) Giuseppe Camuncoli (CA) Alex Ross

POWER PLAY CONTINUES!

• Things aren't going well between the Amazing Spider-Man and the Invincible Iron Man and their conflict is opening the door for Regent and his plan against our heroes!

• Now that Regent has started imprisoning HEROES and stealing their powers things have gone from bad to worse.

Rated T

Item Code: APR160935 In Shops: 6/1/2016 SRP: $3.99

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

TrueMarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I really like how this artist draws spider-man. Theres a power behind this spidey that I think ramos(?) never really captured

amazingfantasy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ugh, I hate this forced Peter/Tony rivalry... -.-

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

You know... seeing Spider-Man in front of the Baxter Building like that... I kinda love it.

mrkareemruiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Miles is looking great in this art.

g2_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By g2_

Looks great.

ShadowLife248

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@truemarvel: Indeed. Camuncoli draws one of the best Spider-Man for the past few years. Ever since Superior Spider-Man I was exposed to his art. Glad this new launch Camuncoli hasbeen primarily been the main issue aside issue 6 and 7. But the colouring was bit too much for issue 1-5. Glad Marte Garcia did a better job after that.

wowlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh for the love of... I feel like 2 creative teams are trying to prove a petty arguement of which book is better while the readers suffer for it... O.o

Aros001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Aros001

Ugh, I hate this forced Peter/Tony rivalry... -.-

Well, I don't blame Peter for being a little jealous of Tony at the moment, given that he's doing everything he's doing only seemingly better. At the very least I doubt that the fistfight on the cover is going to start because Tony was hanging out with Miles or hired MJ. My guess is someone hacking Tony's suit.

Ducey13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This book has been...AMAZING...so far. Slott is putting together a legendary run on Spider-Man.

amazingfantasy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By amazingfantasy

@aros001: IMO Tony should have been the one who's jealous. He did seem upset about in his own book and ANAD Avengers. Plus Peter is the one doing everything better, his company went from out of nowhere to the top, while Stark's is dying. He's also doing Stark's "game", not only that but doing it better than him, as it has been said many times. Last but not least, Peter isn't the one with ego, Tony is, not only that but one of the biggest egos there is. lol He definitely should be the one acting crazy.

Peter is simply acting like a child here and really out of character imo. Him trying to hire Pepper Pots was just... Ugh. I can see how he could be a bit jealous, but not to this point.

And just to be clear I don't mind they being a brief rivalry, I'd say it would be even natural to happen considering the circumstances. I just don't like the way it's being executed. Like I said in my first post, I feel it's been forced.

(Sorry, those are my two favorite Marvel's characters and I expected more than that. :p)

iro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By iro

"new web-shooters? but I gave him his… why does he need new ones?" idk peter. why did he need you to give them to him for a second time in his new series anyways, even though he had already gotten your old ones when he occupied the ultimate universe, and supposedly both of you remember the whole incursions thing, so there was no need to repeat the whole deal? we may never know… or I just wasn't paying close enough attention. that does happen.

either way this whole animosity thing between peter and tony is stupid and brings up a character trait in peter which I've never been fond of: his childish possessiveness and eternal victim complex. -_-

goonage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By goonage

Some days I just have no idea how I ((Peter)) got here

It's like he's stating the thoughts of pretty much every ASM reader.

Dedpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@goonage:Um, nope, the path was pretty clear. And a much needed change if you ask me. He's still Peter, he's still got the same responsibilities but more on top of that, and his life is finally moving out of the rut it's basically been stuck in forever! What I like is that he's NOT Tony. He's not at home in a board meeting or anything like that. It's an evolution of the character. Instead of "Oh no I have to get my Homework done, and get these pics to JJJ, and stop the Goblin, t's "Oh no I forgot a shareholders meeting, someone is trying to hack my company, and I have to stop the Goblin, and meet Aunt May for dinner.

Dedpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amazingfantasy: This really stems from MJ for Peter. The rest is superfluous, and an extension of the somewhat rivalry they have built. Once Peter basically (and unintentionally) supplanted Tony as Marvel's it tech-guy that was too much of a blow to the ego for Stark. Peter is just mad about MJ, and at himself for not being able to keep her close, which as always he will get over. Tony on the other hand is actively trying to one up Peter any chance he can get. That said this will be silly and fun.

SpideyJJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stupid execution of Tony/Peter rivalry (over Miles' web-shooters, really?)

I cannot wait for Slott to leave this book for good, I mean the characterization in the Spider-Man/Deadpool comic is infinitely more interesting and hilarious that the whiny man child we've been subjected to.

JamesSpiring

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@iro said:

"new web-shooters? but I gave him his… why does he need new ones?" idk peter. why did he need you to give them to him for a second time in his new series anyways, even though he had already gotten your old ones when he occupied the ultimate universe, and supposedly both of you remember the whole incursions thing, so there was no need to repeat the whole deal? we may never know… or I just wasn't paying close enough attention. that does happen.

either way this whole animosity thing between peter and tony is stupid and brings up a character trait in peter which I've never been fond of: his childish possessiveness and eternal victim complex. -_-

History was rewritten when Miles came into the prime universe and now nobody remembers Ultimate Peter (except The Maker, the only person who it seems does remember Earth-1610). Instead of taking the webshooters and later being officially allowed to keep them when the believed-dead Peter returned, now Miles doesn't remember Peter ever being dead and Peter just gave Miles a duplicate of his own web-shooters.

iro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@iro said:

History was rewritten when Miles came into the prime universe and now nobody remembers Ultimate Peter (except The Maker, the only person who it seems does remember Earth-1610). Instead of taking the webshooters and later being officially allowed to keep them when the believed-dead Peter returned, now Miles doesn't remember Peter ever being dead and Peter just gave Miles a duplicate of his own web-shooters.

well, that explains it. still kinda sad over all that history, that went down in the ultimate universe, just being flushed down the toilet, considering it'd have been mighty interesting if miles remembered all those events that led him to becoming spider-man, and how he'd struggle with living in a new alternate universe. but then, that would have been confusing for new readers and wouldn't have gone down well with the whole teenage-problems tone of the book so whatever I guess.

thanks for informing me tho!

kyo28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By kyo28

I know a better solution to the problem: they never should have brought Miles into the main Marvel universe. I feel like it's the clone saga all over again. We have this Spider-Man, and alternate Spider-Man. WHY? Is there any reason for us to have two Spider-men?

The Ultimate universe had its time and now it's over. Would have been better to just let it die instead of forcing Black Spider-Man into this universe with a backstory that doesn't hold up. He had an entire origin in the Ultimate universe but because of the reboot, that can't be kept. OK so what is he doing here? What's the back story? What's the drive for this character.

These forced multiple characters just don't gel with me. It doesn't gel with Miles, it doesn't gel with Captain American Falcon (or whatever he calls himself) and it doesn't gel with female Thor.

Is it too much to ask from Marvel to stay consistent and give us our beloved characters as the one, true and only version of that hero? If they really need new blood to write stories, why not create new heroes? What's wrong with that?

Marvel is really losing a long-time reader like myself over this ... it just all feels so forced and unnatural.

The_Waffle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

@ducey13 said:

This book has been...AMAZING...so far. Slott is putting together a legendary run on Spider-Man.

lol

Tantani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is this series any good? Should I read it?

I wonder what what miles new web slingers are capable of? it is about time tony give the avengers members new "toys"....

jim158

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't understand why Peter Parker needs a super costume with his strength and spider sense. The suit is a bit much for me. I am reading ASM from 2 point of views. I started at issue 500 of the original run. I am almost to Superior S.M. on that side. Also I recently picked up on the All New run.

g2_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 114

#23  Edited By KrleAvenger

I don't remember any great Spider-man Comic since the end of Superior Spider-man.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 140

@spideyjj: I could kinda see why someone would be a little bummed about it. However I can't see Pete actually bringing it up.

amazingfantasy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dedpool said:

@amazingfantasy: This really stems from MJ for Peter. The rest is superfluous, and an extension of the somewhat rivalry they have built. Once Peter basically (and unintentionally) supplanted Tony as Marvel's it tech-guy that was too much of a blow to the ego for Stark. Peter is just mad about MJ, and at himself for not being able to keep her close, which as always he will get over. Tony on the other hand is actively trying to one up Peter any chance he can get. That said this will be silly and fun.

Thing is, there is no indication that Tony is doing this to one up Peter or anything. He seems to be acting extremely natural, just being himself and showed no sings of being bothered (in this book, at least). And Peter is bothered by that. Which... doesn't make the slightest sense! <_< Again, If one of them were to freak out, it should have been Tony. As I said in my previous post, he has a huge ego and has know sucess his entire life. And now this guy comes out of nowhere and do his thing better than him, all while his company is at a tough place. Peter on the other hand is a much more of a chill guy.

And I disagree that MJ is the reason tbh, first because she wasn't the reason he "snapped", as he said himself "steal my girl, my villain, but not my joke" or something like that. If he was using the rest of the things as an excuse and is really just bothered about MJ i'd expect the narration to show us, which hasn't happened. And even if he IS bothered by MJ, it doesn't make sense. He was fine when she was datting other guy, and now she's not even dating Tony. She's just working for him, and Stark is below Peter nowadays and hardly a rival (talking about their companies). I see... Little reason for him to be jealous.

Also one thing that I forgo to mention is how Peter is acting like Tony is doing this on purpose, which he isn't. He's just living his life. If Tony was indeed doing all of that just to 'hit' Peter, then his reaction would be much more understandable.

amazingfantasy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyways, for the issue itself, I hope the fight is good and entertaining. Despite of what people think of Iron Man vs Spider-Man should be, I just want the fight to be fair to both heroes. Which might be a bit complicated since Marvel has no problem on 'kicking' good old spidey, and Tony is currently their new flagship character so I'm just a bit worried about Peter's treatment, last issue didn't help either.

Also I have a theory that Stark is secretly jealous as well but is trying to hide it., trying to play it off as if he was cool with it, giving Peter advice and all that. I think that because he seemed to not remember Peter. How would he not? He remembred Peter back in SSM in the venom arc, even called him a sharp guy iirc. And that was when Peter was a nobody, now he's above Tony and that definetly should hurt Tony's ego.
Either that, or this is some Secret Wars thing. Anyway, I hope it's one of those and not Slott just forcing the Peter/Tony thing again. He did say in an interview that this whole volume originally was about Parker vs Stark, after all.

Avatar image for deactivated-613e82c4b95f9
deactivated-613e82c4b95f9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

Despite Slotts talk of responsibility and how Peter's doing the millionaire act right, he's writing Parker to be a complete man-child who puts people in danger while arguing with tony in front of a supervillain. I mean seriously, I get that he got upset over MJ and what not but this is just ridiculous.

Peter Parker doesn't have an inferiority complex, so he shouldn't concern himself with stupid bullshit, especially while he's supposed to be saving people. And hiring Pepper Potts? Seriously? You want me to believe that Peter is so grudging, so petty, that he's willing to hire someone and spent vast amounts of money just to piss Tony Stark off? These trivial actions, more suitable for a five year old, performed by the C.E.O of a multimillion dollar company, which is supposed to design and manufacture gadgets for one of the world's largest spy Organizations, reminded me of why I stopped reading the Amazing Spider-man in the first place, every single time Slott manages to find a means of progressing the character in certain aspects, he backtracks in different, yet equally important qualities.

I want to like this title. Despite the fact that it's very arduous for my ego to admit, Dan Slott, a man I've criticized more than once, is genuinely doing something beneficial by acknowledging that Spider-man has been doing the double life shtick for a while now, thus, the hero has a firm understanding on how life works, both as a superhero and as a man. I like the idea that Peter actually maintains a cool head despite the riches he's amassed, however, shit like this diminishes my interest in the book significantly. I can already tell that the following, or better yet the current arc that has already been set in motion, will be a long (not pun intended) schlong measuring contest between Peter and Tony.

For now I'm only interested in the subplot with the guy in the Red Suit. Looks like he's regrouping Spider-man's original Rougue's gallery, and I want to see what they do with Rhino.

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@iro said:
@JamesSpiring said:
@iro said:

well, that explains it. still kinda sad over all that history, that went down in the ultimate universe, just being flushed down the toilet, considering it'd have been mighty interesting if miles remembered all those events that led him to becoming spider-man, and how he'd struggle with living in a new alternate universe. but then, that would have been confusing for new readers and wouldn't have gone down well with the whole teenage-problems tone of the book so whatever I guess.

thanks for informing me tho!

Actually it has been stated miles and a few others do remember the secret wars event.

iro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@watcher5000: freakin really? wow well, you'd think they'd mention it in the book then lol.