Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff
No Caption Provided

ALL NEW ALL DIFFERENT AVENGERS ANNUAL #1

(W) Various (A) Various (CA) Alex Ross

You've dreamed of it, you've asked for it, you've longed for it - and now, you're going to GET it! No Avenger is safe from - the fan fiction of Kamala Khan! Featuring a bevy of special guest creators!

Rated T+

In Shops: Aug 10, 2016SRP: $4.99

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Ha ha...Funny.

Avatar image for the_mighty_monarch
The Mighty Monarch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1450

User Lists: 4

Ok, so the next few issues of ANAD Avengers form a connecting image with this cover, except one of the pieces is a variant of this issue in addition to the normal cover being a different piece? That's such a dick move. I mean, I'm not buying an extra copy of this issue, especially not an Annual, but it'll still be annoying to just have a random hole in the connected image.

Avatar image for thatlyn_yoaeg_ill_rymmin
Thatlyn Yoaeg'ill'rymmin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fantastic!

JamesSpiring

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Why did Kamala pick the handle SlothBaby?

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

This is a mockery of an Avengers book. Mark Waid should really pick things up because I am getting frustrated with his stories.

Goellterator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sick of this teenage crap of Marvel.

wowlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Are you telling me she is not AWARE of the nature of Fanfiction to the point she would ask the admin to remove fanfiction stories from a FANFIC SITE ? Really ? You expect me to believe she is that dumb ?

Avatar image for brinkthemoviemyfavoritemovie
brinkthemoviemyfavoritemovie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

phantom64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By phantom64

Wow, what a shocker, the comment section involving Kamala Khan and/or All New All Different Avengers is a toxic field of ignorance. -_-

It's a goofy Annual full of cute and funny character moments. Marvel has plenty of stupid grim and gritty plots going on in their other books (like Civil War 2) So go read those instead of bitching about Marvel having some diverse stories that give their heroes actual character moments over "punch the bad guy."

Aros001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Wow, what a shocker, the comment section involving Kamala Khan and/or All New All Different Avengers is a toxic field of ignorance. -_-

It's a goofy Annual full of cute and funny character moments. Marvel has plenty of stupid grim and gritty plots going on in their other books (like Civil War 2) So go read those instead of bitching about Marvel having some diverse stories that give their heroes actual character moments over "punch the bad guy."

This. Plus this as an annual, so it's not like they're interrupting the main Avengers' story to bring us this.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#11  Edited By Outside_85

@wowlock said:

Are you telling me she is not AWARE of the nature of Fanfiction to the point she would ask the admin to remove fanfiction stories from a FANFIC SITE ? Really ? You expect me to believe she is that dumb ?

Think in their world there is a bit of an overlap between what counts as fan fiction and what counts as tabloid slander... since these are real people.

Aside that, it may just be only now she realizes that now that she's an Avenger, fan fiction is going to get written about her as well.

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wowlock said:

I think it's more to do with the fact she doesn't see it as people writing fanfic about Ms. Marvel, but people writing about Kamala Khan making out with her friends and colleagues. It never really occurred to her people might write about her, because deep down, it never really clicked she's a superhero now.

Oh, and I can't imagine being a teenager raised on traditional Muslim values is doing wonders for seeing people writing about her love life.

shinobi62676

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By shinobi62676

@phantom64: Unless someone posted some hateful shtick that the admin removed, I have no idea what you're talking about. I mean I wouldn't call complaining about "teenage crap" or this not feeling like "traditional Avengers storytelling" or slightly ribbing fan fic writers as a field of toxic ignorance.

Also, I'm sorry but the idea that you can't have "diverse stories that give their heroes actual character moments" in "grim and gritty comics" is a bit absurd to me. Now saying you just want something a bit more "quirky", ain't nothing wrong with that but you ain't gotta put down something more serious for just being more serious (especially when as far as Civil War 2 is concerned, that's the least of that books problems IMO).

Jyger85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 5

I NEED to get this issue. XD

Heatblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cringeworthy...

del_torro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This looks awesome...

ILostTheKey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for youmessinwithme
youmessinwithme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By youmessinwithme

"You've dreamed of it, you've asked for it, you've longed for it - and now, you're going to GET it! No Avenger is safe from - the fan fiction of Kamala Khan!"

NO. Just no. I think this is the furthest possible statement from the truth about what I want. I'm also going to go out on a limb and say it's a very small # of people out there who did want and ask for an issue dedicated to any fictional characters fan fiction, let alone new MS. Marvel's.

TheExile285

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

Lol, this looks funny.

Avatar image for artisticneedham
ArtisticNeedham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

sorry its blurry. saw the actual cover at comic con. it was great.

Avatar image for thunderingthorfan
ThunderingThorFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What an ugly and worthless picture. Taking into account that, (other than Iron man and Vision), there is not one real legend or iconic Avenger on that thing that'll even be relevant in a couple of years, its sad to see that Alex Ross is wasting his considerable talents on this!

Ezekael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Ezekael

This thread is really not toxic... you want to read toxic go read any post about a new comicbook movie...

Marvel is a goof-fest right now. The number of "Grim and gritty" titles is far outweighed by the amount of silly stuff these days. Not all of us want "dark" either. People seem to forget what made Spider-Man's teen angst so interesting: it had a realism to it that people could relate to. Part of the reason Peter used humor to hide his own insecurities and to deal with how scared he was.

If you want silly humor, Marvel has got your needs covered. Squirrel Girl, Howard the Duck, Every single Guardians Book, Gwenpool, Powerman and Iron Fist, etc... Even the "serious" titles are a bit over-the-top with the humor, taking away almost any feeling of suspense or realism to the stories.

Also, using Civil War II as the example? Way to pick the worst title being published by just about any company right now...

Last week was the first week in 10 years that I bought more DC books than Marvel books, and with the direction Rebirth is taking vs the direction being taken by Marvel, I don't see that trend ending soon. All New All Different Marvel should have been named All Disney All Silly Marvel. Im not looking for the Dark Knight Returns here, just something inline with the comics I grew up with in the 70's/80's would be good enough. Current Marvel feels more like reading Archie than it does reading Superhero comics these days.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

I'm all for occasional goofy "special issues". Can it really be any worse than that one issue where Wasp and She Hulk gave hotness ratings to all the male avengers.....yeah...that happened.

TheSpoiler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#24  Edited By TheSpoiler

This looks fantastic to me. Admittedly I may be biased (I've kinda become a Kamala fangirl), but I'm excited. Looks fun.

phantom64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What an ugly and worthless picture. Taking into account that, (other than Iron man and Vision), there is not one real legend or iconic Avenger on that thing that'll even be relevant in a couple of years, its sad to see that Alex Ross is wasting his considerable talents on this!

Oh no, God forbid he draws any of these characters that some people actually like. -_-

This "real Avengers" argument is so freaking asinine.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 581

#26 pikahyper  Moderator
Rixec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#27  Edited By Rixec

@tdk_1997 said:

This is a mockery of an Avengers book. Mark Waid should really pick things up because I am getting frustrated with his stories.

You do know this has many stories done by several writers and artists, right? I don't think blaming Mark Waid for a story he did not create makes sense. It'd be like blaming Stan Lee for Amazons Attack. If you wish to blame him for the one story in this annual he is writing, fine. But don't blame him for the works of others. And besides, what's wrong with taking things fun and silly once in a while?

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

@rixec said:
@tdk_1997 said:

You do know this has many stories done by several writers and artists, right? I don't think blaming Mark Waid for a story he did not create makes sense. It'd be like blaming Stan Lee for Amazons Attack. If you wish to blame him for the one story in this annual he is writing, fine. But don't blame him for the works of others. And besides, what's wrong with taking things fun and silly once in a while?

I am not blaming him for the annual. What I am blaming him is for the book as a whole. There's nothing wrong with dealing with things in a fun way but in a book this big and important what is essential is to have a direction. So far this book has not shown us that there is any kind of direction of the story apart from searching for Sam's father and that ain't that big of a deal.

kyo28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marvel is really losing their way. They're trampling all over their classic and iconic characters and titles. Avengers used to be my go-to title for epic stories with the best Marvel has to offer. And now look at them: silly, saddled with two-ringer characters like Black Spider-man and Ms Marvel. Ugh just stop it already.

All New All Different Disney goody-two-shoes politically ultra-correct Marvel has lost me. I used to buy 12-15 Marvel titles against 3-5 DC titles but that is definitely changing in DC's favour. I think I've all but got 2 Marvel titles left I enjoy currently.

I wonder, anybody knows how Marvel sales are doing? Because if there is no sharp decline, they'll continue with this trainwreck.