Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff
No Caption Provided

ACTION COMICS #52

(W) Peter J. Tomasi (A) Fernando Pasarin (CA) John Romita, Klaus Janson

"Final Days" continues-as two Supermen meet at last: pre-New 52 Superman meets the current Clark. A force seeking to end both Men of Steel brings them together, but divided they may fall as one Superman must choose the safety of his family before himself.

Item Code: MAR160214In Shops: 5/11/2016SRP: $3.99

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Avatar image for beautifultemptress
BeautifulTemptress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Now, Tomasi condone fans sm / ww. But, what he will do in June, when they refused him?

Interestingly, New 52 Superman will be surprised by the presence of his older version?

RabumAlal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

InB4 "Superman's death sucks, DC is just giving up on N52 Supes". Not that I don't agree.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

What was the name of the Clark from Louis and Clark again? I don't read it. Are they teasing an interaction with Superman and New 52 Superman here?

TheExile285

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 4

@teerack: Clark White and yeah, this issue is supposed to show their first meeting.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

@teerack: Clark White and yeah, this issue is supposed to show their first meeting.

Are they = or is White stronger?

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I'm gonna miss New 52 Sups.

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Boy when that new Trinity book roles around it's gonna be really awkward for Bruce and Dianna hanging with an older alternate version of their best friend.

It'd be funny if they're both just super pessimistic with him

Superman:...So... uh... Batman, what do you like to do for fu-

Batman: Sorry can't hear you from inside the Batplane

Superman: Oh I see... my Bruce called it the Batwing, but that's cool too....

So Diana, heard your father's actually Zeus. That's pretty cool

Wonder Woman: That revelation led to a lot of fighting amongst the gods and many innocents being put in danger as well as the loss of my mother

Superman: Oh.... I uh, well that sounds rough

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I also wonder if maybe them bringing in Post Crisis Superman is their way of pleasing both Superman/Lois fans and Superman/Wonder Woman fans by having both exist

It would be interesting considering I never imagined this relationship lasting

TheExile285

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

@teerack: Pre-52 Supes is weaker atm because his powers have been fluctuating.

AriesWarlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is so whack. I liked new52 superman. I didn't ask for this.

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By tensor

They could have been room for 2 Superman.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 the_stegman  Moderator

They probably just could have made New 52 Superman act like old Superman instead of killing him...

BUT, I'm excited to have married Superman back, and he'll bring an... Interesting dynamic to the Trinity.

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow, they're actually gonna kill off Nu52 to make room for the Post Crisis one? That so awful.

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I'm so disappointed right now...

UltimatePower6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#15  Edited By UltimatePower6

Fans saying N52 Superman dying is awful, and yet it was the fans who didn't want him?

DeathandGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ultimatepower6: Take a stroll to the Superman forum here. It's majority a victory for us.

lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's interesting to say the least at the moment. We will just have to wait and see till the waters settle after and which way things go?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kill off Ironbatman next..pls!

jk, batman is fine.

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_stegman said:

They probably just could have made New 52 Superman act like old Superman instead of killing him...

Wow, they're actually gonna kill off Nu52 to make room for the Post Crisis one? That so awful.

^

UltimatePower6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

@DeathandGrim2: Really? All I've heard about N52 Superman was how much he needed to leave. Especially in the beginning. When did he get so popular?

Avatar image for termiteone4ever
termiteone4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is craziness

Avatar image for davidgrantlloyd
davidgrantlloyd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By davidgrantlloyd

@beautifultemptress said:

Now, Tomasi condone fans sm / ww. But, what he will do in June, when they refused him?

We're not refusing him. We're refusing the Old version of Superman. There's a difference. Duh.

davidgrantlloyd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@DeathandGrim2: Really? All I've heard about N52 Superman was how much he needed to leave. Especially in the beginning. When did he get so popular?

He's always been popular. He's just been divisive. Just like the old version of Superman. Conservative fans want the old version to remain and the status quo to never change ... Progressive fans want modernization and changes made ... that's what the N52 version of Superman offered

DeathandGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By DeathandGrim

@davidgrantlloyd said:
@ultimatepower6 said:

He's always been popular. He's just been divisive. Just like the old version of Superman. Conservative fans want the old version to remain and the status quo to never change ... Progressive fans want modernization and changes made ... that's what the N52 version of Superman offered

And the changes they made to him were silly grabs at what they thought makes a hero cool. What we got was a Superman who was young and actually kinda stupid, lacked leadership ability, and ultimately inconsistently characterized.

One huge example of all those negative traits would be Clark Kent leaving his decent paying job at the Daily Planet to become a freelance blogger. It pretty much sums up all those: irresponsible when he has bills to pay, no second job lined up, impulsive, poorly thought out, barely pulled through with luck.

Another is when he kept Solar bombing all over the place just to know what being human felt like.

Another is his decision to come back to Earth while he was emanating the death virus. He came back because he believed he had to because he's Superman. But he forgets his number one goal is to not risk lives and save at all costs. He also had the Justice League to take care of things while he wasn't there so his return was pointless.

Just so many dumbass decisions that were made by someone who can read and comprehend all the history of modern medicine in seconds. This Superman not even have a good grasp on what being Superman is. It was frustrating to read over and over and scratch my head at.

But it really could have been fixed with better writers, no need to kill the character but that's the hand we were dealt. We're not happy about him dying, we're happy we're getting a solid character back outta the deal.

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@tensor said:

They could have been room for 2 Superman.

Yeah...not really.

TrueMarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My bother and I are glad this sorry excuse for a superman is leaving/dying. I never warmed to him. and this coming from a guy who isn't exactly beholden to the old superman. Superman's relationship with wonder woman irked me initially(it's a disservice to WW history imo) but his overall characterization is just horrible. He has absolutely no charisma. couldn't lead his way out of a paper bag. His suit was the only thing I liked about him to be honest. He is a douche and rarely every symbolized the hope that is associated with superman. His power level has been all over the place since conception to boot

To be honest, the New 52 did wonders for WW(except her relationship with supes), but just destroyed superman. Batman is roughly the same though it did ruin his robins.

Modernized my butt. I can't wait for the real superman to take his rightful place. His stories have actually been interesting since coming to the new52 and he is with the RIGHT woman. Lois Lane. with a son! That is called progression. Superboy hanging out with Damian!?!?!?! Hell yessssss. A superman 15+ years older than batman? That can be nothing but interesting

mantequilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 193

@captainmarvel4ever: yeah Im very confused about what the status of the trinity will be because from what I remember, they are advertising this arc as the last days of Superman and even the solicitations say he is going to die, but then how come that in Rebirth we have pre-New 52 Superman acting as regular Superman and a completely separate regular Clark Kent? Is he really going to die or just lose his powers to Kenan Kong and/or Superwoman?

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

I don't that's the solution, the problem was that they kept writing him grumpy or brooding, like in Truth he kept pushing everyone away (even Pak). Plus, it felt like the Superman offices couldn't handle an event very well. Personally, I think there could have been a perfect balance between young and a bit rougher around the corners, but also does the iconic things that he's known for (talking to cancer kids and striving to be better all the time). But it feels like the writers couldn't handle it.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

And the changes they made to him were silly grabs at what they thought makes a hero cool. What we got was a Superman who was young and actually kinda stupid, lacked leadership ability, and ultimately inconsistently characterized.

-Disagree that he was dumb. he was just more often portrayed (in his early years) as a true farmboy from Kansas. SOmeone who could get mad and lets this power get the better of him. Not totally Prepared. Personally, I thought that made him fun.

-IMO. Clark has no reason to be the leader. And I say this as a Superman fan. Especially when you have a King, A master tactician, the sister of War and a dude who runs the GL from time to time. At best he's the poster boy and the motivator. But him not being the leader is not that wrong.

-I can agree with that. I loved Pak's characterization of the character, but in Truth every writer was writing him completely differently. But taht's just bad management, which the Superman office has considering it's inability to handle events.

One huge example of all those negative traits would be Clark Kent leaving his decent paying job at the Daily Planet to become a freelance blogger. It pretty much sums up all those: irresponsible when he has bills to pay, no second job lined up, impulsive, poorly thought out, barely pulled through with luck.

I don't recall exactly the reason for why he quit, but I think it was because of what the Daily Planet had become which he found repulsive. While it was badly handled (except for a few bits in SM/WW and when Clark dropped the "Do we need Superman" story). I don't watch much news, but the current state of the news has become a cluster puck of sensationalism and shoddy journalism. I don't think it's that far off for a character like Clark to want to fight the machine or atleast not be part of it. It's something that his character which has been part of the Media world for 75+ years, should comment on.

Another is when he kept Solar bombing all over the place just to know what being human felt like.

Agreed, that was dumb. But I blame Johns for giving him that power

Another is his decision to come back to Earth while he was emanating the death virus. He came back because he believed he had to because he's Superman. But he forgets his number one goal is to not risk lives and save at all costs. He also had the Justice League to take care of things while he wasn't there so his return was pointless..

Not true. He tried to leave Earth once he noticed that it was getting worse and taht it was killing off even amoebas.

Just so many dumbass decisions that were made by someone who can read and comprehend all the history of modern medicine in seconds. This Superman not even have a good grasp on what being Superman is. It was frustrating to read over and over and scratch my head at.

Personally, I think Super Intelligence is a dumb PIS riddled power that he shouldn't have. Should he be smarter than your average bear? Sure, but he should still let his anger or emotions get the better of him. Not to the point where millions could die, but it makes him a much less rigid character if you

davidgrantlloyd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By davidgrantlloyd

@DeathandGrim2 said:
@davidgrantlloyd said:
@ultimatepower6 said:

Another is his decision to come back to Earth while he was emanating the death virus. He came back because he believed he had to because he's Superman. But he forgets his number one goal is to not risk lives and save at all costs. He also had the Justice League to take care of things while he wasn't there so his return was pointless.

But it really could have been fixed with better writers, no need to kill the character but that's the hand we were dealt. We're not happy about him dying, we're happy we're getting a solid character back outta the deal.

Well, that's your opinion, ain't it? That's what I meant by divisive. I disagree with all your points as I'm sure you disagree with mine.

ie

"...happy [you're] getting a solid character out of the deal ..."

No way in hell is pre Flashpoint Superman a "solid character" (except maybe a solid lump of boring stagnation) He's a tired, overused, long worn out (and basically irrelevant) interpretation of a character ... an old retro 20th century version of a character that has no significant place in the 21st century (apart of some misguided sense of nostalgia).

Still, that's just my POV. And I'm sure yours is the complete opposite. Divisive. That was my whole point.

davidgrantlloyd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captainmarvel4ever: yeah Im very confused about what the status of the trinity will be because from what I remember, they are advertising this arc as the last days of Superman and even the solicitations say he is going to die, but then how come that in Rebirth we have pre-New 52 Superman acting as regular Superman and a completely separate regular Clark Kent? Is he really going to die or just lose his powers to Kenan Kong and/or Superwoman?

No one in mainstream comics ever dies ... if they do they always come back. How and when this all happens remains to be seen (probably next reboot)

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DeathandGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@davidgrantlloyd: Um Pre-flashpoint Superman is very solid. Especially during Lois and Clark he's a lot more refreshing to have a stable minded hero who knows how to get the job done and done right.

Avatar image for beautifultemptress
BeautifulTemptress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@davidgrantlloyd: If you really loved Superman, you have not abandoned any version of him. No matter what. You are not Superman's fans. You don't care about him. For you, Superman is only interesting, when he's with Wonder Woman. Refusing to read the Tomasi's comic, you refuse of writer also.

TrueMarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@davidgrantlloyd: If you really loved Superman, you have not abandoned any version of him. No matter what. You are not Superman's fans. You don't care about him. For you, Superman is only interesting, when he's with Wonder Woman. Refusing to read the Tomasi's comic, you refuse of writer also.

I think wonder woman is less interesting when shes with superman.

Blue Son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I'm going on record to say this not only sucks, is the dumbest decision ever made, but also the most confusing.

1) So you kill of the 52 Superman to replace him with the old version, but basically still have the 52 Batman and Wonder Woman. This is the version of Superman that was married to Louis correct? So what about the 52 Louis Lane, are there going to be TWO Louis Lanes?

2) You also have the 52 Supergirl who is still alive, so that technically means that her and the returning old Superman will not exactly be cousins. Kind of the whole Powergirl thing but in reverse.

And AGAIN, how is the 52 Wonder Woman going to feel after the 52 Superman dies, and there is an old version of her former love now around?

It's just sounds RETARDED dude...might as well bring back the old Wonder Woman and Batman if you're going that route.

But I guess that is just my opinion.

Avatar image for heirtothekingdom
HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can someone explained to me what's been happening? I haven't been reading Superman for a while?

Avatar image for sesquipedalophobe
sesquipedalophobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really wish they would just reboot this mess.

Avatar image for deactivated-57b89658ba257
deactivated-57b89658ba257

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Love that Romita cover like a ginger haired step-child